- January 6, 2021 at 12:16 am #428091AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
Hi ladies…..well as my friend Stephanie said, it’s gone a bit quiet….so here’s a mad question from crazy Grace.
The kitchen is regarded by many as the heart of the house, the focal point…..so if I walked into yours now, what would I find on top of your refrigerator/fridge???…..
Mine has a tray with tea/ coffee/ sugar and hot chocolate. A fox shaped mug full of loose change, a tub of vitamins, a red lipstick….and I have found behind the tray, a phone charger for a phone I no longer have….with a bit of….dust!!!….and I have two pictures of Grumpy cat” on the door
So girls, what exactly do you keep on top of your fridge……?????
Grace, daft as a brush but never dull!!…..❤️
- January 7, 2021 at 1:31 am #428666Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 42Replies: 976Has thanked: 4628 timesBeen thanked: 5025 times
- January 7, 2021 at 1:21 am #428661AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
I have just bought a new reed diffuser, which reminded me of an incident when I used to keep one on the fridge….one day, just before going to work, I reached up to put my coffee tin back and as I withdrew my arm…I snagged a reed and pulled the diffuser toward me….I caught it, but was covered in lily of the valley liquid….I can’t recall if there were any remarks at work…haha
Smiles, grace xx
- January 6, 2021 at 7:22 pm #428583MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 118Has thanked: 500 timesBeen thanked: 498 times
Gracie, thank you, I was getting disoriented as i got sucked into the american chaos on CNN. But you did ask for it !
I keep my fridge in the interconnected garage. I gave up itemising quickly – it’s lockdown, I can exist for an eternity on the boxes on my fridge but the price is total chaos. The top of my freezer along side is easier:
1 clean empty yoghurt pot
1 pack of 6 multi coloured pens, missing a black one
2 rolls self adhesive white labels
1 pack easy seal ice cube bags
1 ltr long life milk
(opened) 3 litre white wine box – for cooking only
1 box brandy snaps
1 box cornish clotted cream fudge
1 box labelled “thank you for looking after the dog”
2 packets dry cured bacon, which should be in the freezer – THANKS!!
1 bowl of chilly garlic olives – now half eaten after this post
1 small blue plastic container, holding
– A precariously placed box of 12 eggs
– 1 pack narcissus bulbs
– 1 pack muscali americana bulbs
– 1 pack allium sphaeraep …. bulbs ( I just gave up on the spelling)
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Marti. Reason: typos
- January 7, 2021 at 12:24 am #428647AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
the sheer variety is astonishing!!
- January 6, 2021 at 6:48 pm #428568Andrea HopkinsLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 59Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 340 times
On mine there is tools, I haven’t used in ages. A box of pads my ex left here when she moved out, a bunch of old paper work, from my daughters autism diagnosis, 3 Old cell phones, 2 broken iPod touches, and a gigantic bucket of slime I had to take away from the kiddo. I am seriously beginning to wonder if I might be a bit of a hoarder.
- January 6, 2021 at 6:39 pm #428565Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 897Has thanked: 8938 timesBeen thanked: 3477 times
A metal owl shaped ice bucket that was my mom’s and still keeps my Sangria bottles nice and chilled when I’m out in the yard enjoying the day, part of my collection of very old (40’s) A & W root beer mugs of all sizes, various item’s that needed setting down somewhere out of the way for a bit then were forgotten about.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 6:51 pm #428571Andrea HopkinsLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 59Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 340 times
I had an A&W mug when I moved to Ottawa, unfortunately it got broken in the move. My Dad had bought it on his way home from the hospital with me and my Mom when I was born.
- January 6, 2021 at 5:59 pm #428539Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 430Replies: 1745Has thanked: 7655 timesBeen thanked: 6903 times
On top of my fridge…really? Lol ok…
1½ loaves of bread
1 bag – cheetos
1 bag – lays classic
1 box – raisin bran
2 bags – cat food
Various & sundry boxes of freezer
bags, sandwich bags, tin foil,
cling wrap, trash bags
1 bottle – vegetable oil
1 bottle – olive oil
1 can – cooking spray
2 scrub sponges, in pkg
2 glass ashtrays
1 pint ball jar
1 2017/2018 phone book
The front & side of my fridge are plastered over with my son’s drawings & school papers
Storage space is a premium commodity in my home.
Can also catalogue what’s inside the fridge upon request 🙂
Hi Grace!! 😘
- January 7, 2021 at 12:28 am #428648AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
you’re fridge must be massive….love that you use it as an ” art showcase”…x
- January 7, 2021 at 12:18 am #428643Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 487Has thanked: 394 timesBeen thanked: 2192 times
Phone book Sammy? I thought those became obsolete 10 years ago? Regardless, I’m envious that you can store things with a purpose on top of your fridge. Ours has a stack of boxes filled with junk we should have tossed years ago. Yes, the inhabitants of my home are pack rats!
- January 6, 2021 at 8:51 am #428251KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 403Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1611 times
Good morning Grace, we keep our very pretty light coral coloured with lace trim placemats on top of the fridge. We use the placemats to protect our golden oak kitchen table from hot plates and tea mugs. On the front door of the fridge we have photos of our grandchildren and a drawing my oldest granddaughter did of me walking my dog Paige. She even got my long hair correct. We bought a new fridge a couple of weeks ago to replace our very old cream coloured fridge BUT the new fridge won’t be delivered for at least four months from now (a special order because my wife likes black appliances).
For a week it has been minus 20 every morning for dog walking but this morning we are having a heat wave and it is up to one degree. Paige is yapping at me as she is demanding that we go for a walk NOW. Take care, Hugs, Krista.
3 users thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 8:07 am #428214PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 321Has thanked: 1394 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
Hi Grace, kitchen fridge is under the worktop ,so the Bread bin above and on the bread bin is the tea coffee and sugar an electric tin opener come knife sharpener sits at the side of B bin. The only thing on that fridge door is a large beer bottle opener The main workhorse is the fridge freezer in the back lobby, on top is spare rolls of cling and foil there is a plastic tray next with all our keys for everything from the front gates to motors , chastity belts, handcuffs ,workshop you name it and we probably have a key that might fit and lastly the clothes peg tray full of multicoloured plastic pegs and a few fridge magnets for decoration. Well!!! you did ask.Pyxx
- January 6, 2021 at 8:18 am #428223AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
Py…..firstly, happy new year to you and your darling wife XXX
….but on to the nitty gritty….handcuffs???.. chastity belt???….I’m betting your wife waits with baited breath when she hears you mutter..” jest nippin oot to the freezer hen”….and if she is really unlucky, you could come back with….. something for tea!!!!
Smiles as ever, grace xxx
- January 6, 2021 at 8:00 am #428212Laura Jane MooreLadyRegistered On: July 10, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 122Has thanked: 766 timesBeen thanked: 500 times
Once things get put on top of the fridge they stay there for years. They are dusted around, cleaned occasionally… but never removed… or used….. with the exception of a flash light.
My grand daughter’s jar of ingredients for cookies complete instructions for baking the cookies was put there when she was about 9…. she is now 16. She was starting her own “bake shop & deli” at the time.
- January 6, 2021 at 8:03 am #428213AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
- January 6, 2021 at 6:01 am #428166Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 831Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 2572 times
Mines kind of built in so nothing on top. The front is a different matter. I went to a trans event in Provincetown MA for many years. One thing I would do is find a fridge magnet each year to remember it buy. I think my fav is of a sexy young women dressed in black leather holding a whip with the caption: “Oh S..t,I’ve turned into my mother!” Another reads: “If we can put a man on the moon,why can’t we put then all there?”
- January 6, 2021 at 6:44 am #428178AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
Celeste…I love it!!!!
- January 6, 2021 at 5:21 am #428151Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 1089Has thanked: 7689 timesBeen thanked: 4140 times
Good question Grace, I really had to think for while, and I can honestly say, hand on heart. NOTHING. Unless I count the door handles, which is refrigerator, two handles. Now the rules are a bit thin so stretching it I technically I have two items on my appliance. But if the above is disqualified then I have , Nothing. Now if you asked me two day ago I could have put DUST, but sadly I washed the top off before you question.
- January 6, 2021 at 5:23 am #428153AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
from one of the funniest girls here….that’s very…. ordinary!!!
- January 6, 2021 at 5:40 am #428157Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 1089Has thanked: 7689 timesBeen thanked: 4140 times
Is that bad Grace, “ordinary”. And what about the handles do they count.
I did have a pig fridge magnet ( Pink Floyd) but a little person stole it and put on her mummy ‘s fridge at home. Apparently walked over and wanted to live with her.
What can I say.!!!!!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Amanda Burton.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 6:49 am #428181AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
🎶”all in all…
another pig off the wall”🎶…
Love pink🐷 floyd
- January 6, 2021 at 8:52 am #428253Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 1089Has thanked: 7689 timesBeen thanked: 4140 times
Yes brilliant Grace, top band, expensive pig too.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 4:10 am #428128stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 132Replies: 1622Has thanked: 2511 timesBeen thanked: 7109 times
Dah-ling! You are never dull!!! Daft … maybe a teensy weensy bit, but in a good way. 💋
Big fridge/freezer in the garage.
My Indian and Asian spice box. My Mexican dried chilli collection. Box of curry leaves. Box of Methi (Fenugreek) leaves. Three empty Celebrations plastic tubs. Two empty shoe boxes (wifes) – they come in very handy for storing forms! Two Ice blocks for freezing. And one packet of dried seaweed.
Sound like the “Twelve days of Christmas” song! Go on then someone………….
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by stephanie plumb.
- January 6, 2021 at 5:19 am #428150AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
….. twelve days of Christmas???
…over to you Stevie!!!!!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 4:07 am #428127KHeartLadyRegistered On: October 1, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 103Has thanked: 284 timesBeen thanked: 572 times
Well our fridge slots in neatly underneath one of our kitchen surfaces, so there isn’t space for anything ontop apart from a couple of flat trays. If it counts, the surface we use above is where we keep the kettle and an arrangement of teas and coffees and beverage related goods. Since we both take milk in our hot drinks, it’s convenient that the fridge is directly underneath.
- January 6, 2021 at 3:37 am #428122Kathleen 60454LadyRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 325Has thanked: 1825 timesBeen thanked: 1156 times
- January 6, 2021 at 6:58 am #428184AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1716Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9456 times
Kathleen…in England we usually keep our pils inside the fridge…
but only if it’s Holsten 😂
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 6, 2021 at 3:33 am #428121AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 700Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3830 times
- January 6, 2021 at 3:08 am #428111Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 137Has thanked: 158 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
We keep our coffee and filters, boxes of cereal and all of our knife blocks. And I am sure if you look hard enough there is a tea pot full of loose change.
- January 6, 2021 at 2:43 am #428105patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 68Replies: 1259Has thanked: 2105 timesBeen thanked: 4358 times
HI Grace we have only two items on top of our fridge and I am surprised my wife has allowed them there.
we have two nice wooden back scratchers up there.
a valuable tool for someone in this dry cold weather that needs back scratches quit often.LOL
we have a cabinet over most of our fridge fortunately so that keeps it from becoming the catch all it used to at the old house. LOL
- January 6, 2021 at 1:58 am #428099Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 431Has thanked: 1852 timesBeen thanked: 2000 times
There’s just over an angry inch of space on top of my fridge as it resides is a custom built cabinet, but my house is utterly clutterly so true to form on top of my fridge reside several cutting boards. One of these days were going to start giving things away and take the first steps towards minimalism.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.