• This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

Please help me, trying to understand. I don’t want to offend anyone, but what is the difference between a transvestite and a crossdresser. I’m sorry, really don’t mean to offend.

Peta Mari
      Lady

From what I understand, there is no difference.

Not a darn thing. Semantics my dear. That, and the passage of time.

Best, C❤️

Anonymous

None just labels socity placed on us.

From my understanding and experience from long ago (pre 60’s to early 70’s), girls and people like us were ALL transvestites.

The normies wanted to define us, so they built a word from Latin, and the mental health people tried to make everyone think it was a mental illness that could be treated.

Time and resistance to that label slowly started a change in perception.  That change is slow, like all natural evolution,  and still a work in progress.  It is getting better though, and most people have dropped the transvestite label from their vocabulary.

PaulaF

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I first started dressing and going out at 17, I was considered a transvestite or TV. I was good with that. I’m fine with being a crossdresser too.

Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Hi Mia,

Transvestite comes from the Latin root of ‘Trans’… Across, Beyond, Through and ‘Vestite’ from
      ‘Vestimenta Sua’ meaning ‘Clothes’.

‘Vestito’ is modern Latin, meaning dress so Transvestite just means ‘Trans Dresser’ or Crossdresser although as has been mentioned by some of the other ladies, the two words have picked up different conotations in recent history.

Hugs,

Aurora

Anonymous
      Lady

Our group needs a new description beyond Transvestite and cross dresser. IMO, we are actually a third gender.

Well said Steph. For now I will stick with cross dresser. I do not fully dress and have no plans to transition as I enjoy both sides of my being. I have added various items to my at home fem but whether drab or fem I always have panties on.😊

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?