Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi ladies,

With (mock!!) apologies for my warped sense of humour, but as per the heading, what would be the most ridiculous and impractical male hobby/pastime you can think of when en femme.??

As an ex 40 year owner of trailerable fishing boats, going fishing en femme is the one that comes to mind for me.

I imagine it would all “sink or swim” based on the following

1/ Arrival at the ramp fully made up and hair done, bra and forms in place, wearing a full length evening gown and at least 3” heels. Aside from the less than complimentary remarks from all the “macho males” at the ramp attending to their boats, I can readily imagine how difficult it would be to climb up into the boat and prepare for launching.

Not sure I could hitch my dress up far enough and my heels may get stuck in the stern ladder….
      If I “survived” that part, the next thing would be negotiating the slippery ramp in my heels without pointing them skyward and falling flat on my “stern”.

After that with the boat “safely” in the water, climbing down the pier/ ramp ladder would be the next challenge. Two hands on the ladder and not being able to hitch up my dress, probably fall “into”: the boat without being “on it”.

Once out on the water I could see myself facing other “challenges”. Handling all that “smelly” fishy” stuff like bait and berley and not getting my dress all messed up. Hauling anchor ropes without “breaking a painted finger nail”, would be next. Plus if leant over the side trying to net the “fish of a lifetime”, and sadly see one of my forms drop in the water out of my (half cup) bra, what do I net, “fish or form”.

Fish… Obviously… Cant send all your fishing mates a “brag photo” of a Gold Seal, size 5 C Cup!!!…
      Which would any one of you good folk choose??

For the letter part of my boat owning days, I lived on an acre rural property with the accompanying large lawn area and the ride on mower to go with it.

So “number 2 “on my list is cutting the lawns en femme. Wearing the same outfit as above. Sure would make my forms bounce nicely in my bra as I trundled around the place, but just like fishing, don’t know if it would do my dress much good with the messy mower and emptying the catcher into the compost area.  And the earmuffs would have made a dreadful mess of my hair…..

Plus back then we had some ‘orrible neighbours and I’m sure the whole district would have known about it within hours of them seeing me on the ride on.

Another “rural based activity” would have been cutting firewood with a chainsaw. Now that WOULD have made a mess of all my finery. Tho given I wore all the right safety gear, maybe not so much….Again stacking the wood afterwards, even with safety gloves on….. my hands and nails would have been a mess

Thus…. Look forward to further contributions from other lovely CDH girls on this subject.

Happy dressing, (and fishing if you still do so)

Caty.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Last month I wore a black sequined cocktail dress and silver booties to a holiday party.  That outfit was perfect for the event.

However, it would’ve been ridiculous (and unsafe) to wear on one of my peak ascents.  It likely would’ve resulted in a SAR operation and posthumous Darwin Award!

/EA

Peta Mari
      Lady

Hmmmm. We live in the outback NSW on a small farm.

I have gone hunting, split wood, butchered animals, sawn up logs in the sawmill, slashed paddocks with the tractor / slasher.

I have cut wood with the chainsaw wearing akilly jeans and skivvy.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

Probably repairing cars in my garage in stockings, heels and a mini skirt. I have also tried stacking firewood, you have to be very careful not to turn an ankle.

I’m thinking home improvement in general.  If I stay with the theme of the question, I’m envisioning doing these things dressed completely with heels, makeup, maybe a really nice dress and a good manicure too.

I can’t see trying to operate a table saw in a complete feminine outfit.  Can you imagine tripping in a pair of five inch heels, oops, there goes a finger!

The other thing that comes to mind is laying flooring, especially wood flooring, in heels.  You know what spiked-heels can do to flooring.

I don’t know if anyone has ever cleaned out a drain or unclogged a toilet, but you can get really dirty doing that job. It wouldn’t be a pretty sight on a nice dress that isn’t machine washable.

Varnishing and painting, wouldn’t that just ruin a really good manicure, especially when cleaning brushes in solvents.

Lastly, the most impractical thing that you can do as a male dressed en femme is to go to the bathroom and stand up doing it.  It is a very complicated thing to do in female under garments, not that I’ve tried it!🙄

I just finished replacing a ball joint in my car and to do that fully en femme would not only be ridiculous but extremely frustrating. I car see my dress being rolled completely in the wheels of the creeper, securely tying me to it to the point that I could no longer move.

Then there’s the nails. There is no way to get out of this project unscathed. I was rather impressed that I only broke two! All of the others are scratched and chipped. Basically they are a hot mess! Good thing my nail appointment is Friday.

Makeup might not be a huge problem as you could possibly smear the grease and grime into a decent smokey eye of go for a goth look on your lips.

The really silly thing about this all is I would be willing to attempt doing thos en femme just to show it could be done. Damn it, I’m a woman. Hear me roar!

Love,

Tommie

Tommie, impressive, changing a ball joint. That’s a big job. I don’t know if you have seen it, but there is a show “ All girls garage”. Lots of makeup, nails, but they use gloves. Maybe you can get a guest appearance, and show them how to dress for mechanical work, no dresses or heels on that show.🙄

I am familiar with the show. I agree they should try what they do in a dress and heels. BTW, I saw Bogey in a LBD  and heels on some show where she was being interviewed. She cleans up real nice.

Love,

Tommie

I just finished replacing a ball joint in my car and to do that fully en femme would not only be ridiculous but extremely frustrating. I can see my dress being rolled completely in the wheels of the creeper, securely tying me to it to the point that I could no longer move.

Then there’s the nails. There is no way to get out of this project unscathed. I was rather impressed that I only broke two! All of the others are scratched and chipped. Basically they are a hot mess! Good thing my nail appointment is Friday.

Makeup might not be a huge problem as you could possibly smear the grease and grime into a decent smokey eye of go for a goth look on your lips.

The really silly thing about this all is I would be willing to attempt doing this en femme just to show it could be done. Damn it, I’m a woman. Hear me roar!

Love,

Tommie

I’ve wrenched on motorcycles in the garage wearing a thong and bralette under my coveralls, but that’s about as impractical as I’ve gotten. Rolling around on the floor changing engine oil is dirty business coveralls or no. Didn’t think I’d ever get that smell out of the bralette! As for boating, I’m mostly a sailor and I suspect I could rig a daysailer en femme without drawing much attention so long as I was wearing deck shoes and not heels. I underdress regardless of what I’m doing, including landscaping and home improvement, but Home Depot is the last place I want to be en femme!

Diana Stockton
      Baroness

I have one coming up.  Next week I am going to a wood working show en femme.  I will be dressing in slacks and blouse but do plan on wearing my new ankle bootie’s with a 1.5 inch heal.  Not many woman show at these events should be interesting.

I can say that wrenching en femme is an interesting expereince.  I changed out the starter my Jeep Patroit a year ago (January, 2022) while wearing a demin skirt, tights, and ankle boots.  I did don one of my dirty work sweatshirts while actually wrenching.  My wife did ask why I did not change my skirt to which I responded that I didn’t think it mattered as I was only wrenching from the top of the engine down.   I will admit that the skirt and tights would have been impractical if I had needed to remove a wheel to attack the job as that would necessitate getting down on the ground.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I’m a remodeling contractor. I’ve underdressed and stealth dressed at work for years. Almost twenty years ago I renovated a customers vacation home. It was in the mountains and very secluded.  I would work and stay for the week, most times alone. It was a closeted crossdressers dream! Early on I decided I could work en femme. I decided to buy a couple of girly work outfits. One was an above the knee camo skirt with a cute baby blue sleeveless Top with pretty scalloped lace trim and a tiny bow. It was summer and I started out with a pair of one inch sling back sandals. I quickly learned they weren’t going to work, especially climbing step ladders. So I ended up buying a pair of women’s summer sneakers. I had several pairs of cotton string bikini panties I’d wear underneath. I had to laugh, if there were guys on the job I’d be giving butt and beaver ( pardon the term) shots all day!
      And OMG did my boobs get in the way!
      I had new 40D forms (my first pair) they took awhile getting used too. But it was so much fun!
      i eventually bought several pair of women’s shorts that worked better than the skirt.
      it was a wonderful summer and I’d love to do it all over again

Natalie 💋💋💋

I don’t think people are comparing apples to apples. En femme doesn’t necessarily mean a dress, makeup, and heels. You wouldn’t do these things in a tux or a suit either, yet that is dressing as a man.

If you want to do things en femme, put on your jeans, leggings or shorts, put on a tee shirt top, wear sneakers, tie your hair back and go ahead and do what you as a man. After all, that’s what women do.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Hello Alison and all the other lovely ladies whom responded to this post.

Alison, of course I agree with what you are saying, but methinks you are taking it all a bit too seriously!

My beloved of over 20 years had hardly been a boat when we met, let alone go fishing. But for the first few years of our relationship, she really enjoyed coming out with me for a few hours and of course dressed appropriately. Naturally, I baited hooks and removed fish off hooks for her.

Did not last many seasons but had fun whilst she was “out there” with me. I loved it too, cos my ex hated anything to do with boats and fishing.

Her workmates did a double take when she went in and told them I’d bought her a rod and reel for her birthday. They were expecting something a touch more “feminine”

And as for “tying back my hair” Even back in my fishing days I had next to none, so no concerns there.

Thanks again for your response

Caty.

I realize this was lighthearted, but my point is it’s not being en femme that causes the problem. I might rake leaves in a denim skirt but not in a ball gown or cathedral train wedding gown. But I could say the same things for men’s clothes as well, that I could find inappropriate clothing for certain occasions. It’s easy to find something inappropriate to wear in either gender. Of course, women’s clothing has more choices of inappropriate clothing for different occasions.

I cut down a tree the other day and dressing never crossed my mind although I could certainly be in similar femme clothes doing it if need be.

Emptying the black tank of the camper is probably at the very top of the list.

Anonymous

Hmmm…, let’s see… I’d say it would probably be working underneath the car while wearing DD (or larger) breast forms? They’d tend to get in the way quite a bit and make moving around underneath the car a bit more impractical. Plus, my nail polish would get chipped, my mascara would run, my jewelry would get dirty, my earrings would poke me when I turned my head, my hair would end up being an absolute mess(!), and I would stand a real good chance of getting grease on my favorite bra if my cute top pulled up while I was moving around. And of course, my high heels would get all scuffed up, I’d probably put a run in my stockings, and my skirt would be just such a mess! And of course, that lovely perfume I’m wearing wouldn’t even be noticeable because of the smell of gasoline, grease and other fluids from the car, so…

Hee hee hee…. 😉

Hugs,

Holly

Gwyneth
        Lady

Ditto. I always change my own oil. Brakes most of the time. I did have to replace a ujoint on my truck a few months ago. Yeah that would have looked bad en femme.

I have gone fishing dressed, I would put on a pair of hose and a leotard under my clothes and after I got out in the lake would take my pants off with my nylon clad legs fish for a while until it started to get more boats out for the day. Another time I went up to the UP fishing for the week and found a nice secluded lake no one around and in my swim shorts fished for the day and after went swimming for a while it was a blast……….   Also do my woodworking dressed all the time.

The stars must’ve aligned on this particular day; I had a day off from work and I used it to transform into Wendy.  I wore a black pencil skirt, tights, long sleeved blouse, wig, whole 9 yards.

I was sitting at my computer in the basement when all of a sudden I hear water dribbling.  I thought I was imaging things so I get up and take a look, low and behold the humidifer sprung a leak and was gushing water all over.  Of all the days I took a day off this one really stood out because if I wasn’t home it would have soaked the basement.

Anyways, I turn off the valve to the humidifier, and now the task to clean up the water began.  So there I was, dressed to the nines on my hands and knees grabbing towels cleaning up the water.

I love the picture you painted here.  It’s almost what I described in my post here, but in my mind it was clearing out a drain.  See, it really can happen.  Thanks for posting this.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?