Tagged: 

• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Hi everyone,

Sorry for what might be a silly question, but I saw a young college age woman wearing a bra the other day and wondered if the style had a name. The straps were unusually wide and lacy (wider than I ever remember seeing on a bra) , and the straps crossed over in an X. It looked unusual to me because she was wearing a tee shirt over it, and her straps were partially visible at her collar since they were right there on the edges of her neck.

Thanks!

Emily
      Lady

Sounds like maybe a bralette? Lacy and sexy!

Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Hmm, she might have been using a bralette and crossed the straps herself to adjust their height. An image search of “cross strap bralette” doesn’t bring up anything that looks like what she was wearing, but some of the regular bralettes do have those wide, lacy straps.

Anonymous

Love bralettes, wear them all the time! Especially ones with wider bands and deep plunge.

Anonymous

Hi, I’m not a GG but I’ve been a CD for a long time. The bra the girl was wearing mivht have been what we call in the UK a multiway bra. The straps are detachable and you can wear the bra strapless, or just one strap if you’re wearing an off the shoulder top or you can cross the straps at the back if you need more support, say when you’re jogging. Helen.

Stacy,  with luck and great coincidence, I was looking through the bra section on Wal-Mart.com and saw something like you are describing.  Both are bralettes as the other ladies have mentioned.

#1:  Soft Cap Sleeve Textured Lace Bralette by Oh La La Cheri.  Thhis has the wide lace covered shoulder straps like you described, but I don’t know if it crosses or not.

#2:  Hollow Cage Harness Bra (bralette) by Canis.  This one does have straps that cross beside the neck, but they are thin, unlike what you described.

Hope that has been some help.

Love,

Paula

My .2 cents… I believe the straps crossing in an X in particular is known as Racerback.

But this is coming from another newb, so take that with about a pound of salt.

That’s either a racer back or a t back.

I wear Bras and bralettes. Bralettes usually have a hook in the strap where one can convert into a racerback. I also wear a regular most beautiful Bali Lace Desire bra where there is a hook setup to convert it into a racerback. One of my favorite things to do now that I am OUT is to go into department stores to try on bras and I usually buy one or 2… at last count I now own 24 bras and bralettes. The sales women also convince me to buy the matching panty… doesn’t take a lot of convincing.

I’m another member of the IBTC. A 38C bra fits flat on my, well, flat chest. Good padding (memory foam is a miracle) gives me the “girls” beyond my natural “a” cup.

Anonymous

Thank you for the correction, Bobbi; your first post had me really confused (not a difficult task). I’m very much – or should I say “little” IBTC, and the bralettes are perfect on me.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?