Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

One of the wonderful things about being a crossdresser is the fact that we can change many things about our look much easier than a real woman can. And one of those things that’s really fun to change is our hair — hair styles, hair color, hair length. And unless you’ve transitioned and use your real hair, most of us wear wigs.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

What’s your favorite length of wig to wear? Not style, but length?

For me, I tend to gravitate to wigs that are shoulder length or just below my shoulders, as I find those lengths to be the most flattering. Whether the wig is a straight cut, wavy or full of curves, that’s the length I like best.

How about you?

Hugs,

Holly

I used to love long wigs.  But I found it tangles really really easy and it winds up being a hassle to wear as the length gets snagged onto everything, like when you’re sitting down it gets caught between your back and the couch, dangly ear rings, and sometimes clothing.  I really look like an old woman wearing a long wig too.

I switched to shoulder length or slightly shorter, and the shorter length helps me look more youthful, it doesn’t tangle as easily and is easier to comb out, and doesn’t get snagged easily.

Hi Holly, as you know from looking at my photos and my avatar, I’m a shoulder length girl. That’s always been my preferred length and I love feeling the tresses caress the tops of my shoulders, always feels so feminine. 🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Thea
      Lady

Like Wendy I used to love the feel of a long wig: but since my “journey” seems to be heading more and more towards blending in I’ve come to the conclusion shorter suits me better. I have a short wig which probably is the best (should I be proud or upset that it makes me look like my mother?) but I use mostly a medium length as a compromise: I can still feel it move which I love and I can use accessories (bands etc) but it looks appropriate.

Hugs Gabby

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes, being able to change our appearances so easily is great and so fun. I have several wigs and they are shoulder length but I’ve let my hair grow out for almost three years now and its at my bra band now. I love it! I keep it in a ponytail and it does get in the way at times but now I can just pull it over my shoulder on one side to keep from sitting on it. At my age it probably makes me look older but I don’t care. I do get more looks the longer it gets especially from women but no one has said anything good or bad.

Holly, This girl early on had always dreamed of having long, full, luxurious hair. I tried several wigs like that but found that the best length for me was shoulder length. Thank heavens for wig shops where you can try on many different styles, colors and lengths! Like shopping for clothes, there is no substitute for seeing things on you to get the best fit for you personally. 😉😊

J J
      Lady

I currently have two wigs, on shoulder length the other short. I prefer the longer on, but got the short one hoping it would work better with my age. I am not sure it does, so I am still searching for the right length and color for a 64 year old lady.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

“And unless you’ve transitioned and use your real hair” – I feel offended 🙂
      I’m not transitioned, have no interest or plans to do it but I still have long hair, half way down my back, and wear that with pride even in guy mode.

/kelly

Hi Holly i like mine to be shoulder length or just below it, I think that it’s makes you look more feminine like that,

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Holly,

My wigs are shoulder, or slightly longer, length. Very long wigs are not age-appropriate for me and are a pain to care for. There are some nice short wigs out there but that look doesn’t fit with the look I want to present.

Anonymous

Hi Fiona.

I know what you mean, although I did once find a really nice short wig that looked cute on me. Unfortunately, that one got given away during a purge, along with all the pictures I took, so I don’t remember the exact cut and style. But that was about the only short wig I’ve ever liked. Other than that, I find that a medium length wig tends to take off quite a few years in my appearance, and what woman doesn’t like that!

Hugs,

Holly

All of them. Depends on the day. But not really short.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Almost all my wigs are long.  My medium length shag has mostly rendered them obsolete.

Hi Holly,  My real hair is shown in my profile pic and is down to my breasts.  That said, I usually prefer to wear long wigs when going out since my natural hair is not as pretty and a little bombed out (hats are my friend).  My shortest wig is shoulder length.  I try to get any wig in my blond color so I can blend it with my natural hair.  Thanks for this question.   Marg

I don’t wear wigs anymore, but my natural hair is really long, down to the middle of my back. I will be going to the hair dressers again soon to get the end trimmed

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The topic ‘What’s your favorite length of wig to wear?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?