Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

If you’re like me, you probably own a lot of lipsticks, with red heavily represented among the colors. For me, that’s because nothing is quite as dramatic or offers so many different shades as red lipstick. It’s like the lipstick manufacturers know we’re all suckers for buying any new shade of red that comes out. 😉 When I shop for lipstick (which I do probably more often than I should, but what girl doesn’t like shopping for makeup?) it seems there’s literally every shade under the sun, from cute light red, almost pink colors to brownish reds, purplish reds, all the way to dramatic dark red shades. But if you’re also like me, you tend to gravitate to two or three primary shades as your go-to color(s).

For me, my go-to lipstick shade of red is Wine WIth Everything by Revlon. It’s a medium red, so not super bold, yet it’s bright enough that it goes with lots of different outfits and dresses. I can wear it when I’m dressed casually or when I’m all dressed up.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

What’s your favorite shade of red lipstick?

Hugs,

Holly

Hi Holly, mine is pinkish red. It is a lite color and of course my favorite color.  Hugs,  Allysa

Hello Holly!!!! I have to say mine is a medium to dark red. I just love the look when dressed!!! It is the final touch to a beautiful feeling!!

Anonymous
      Lady

I voted for dark red which is classic but have wondered if a black or dark chocolate lipstick would look good on me. There are hundreds if not thousands of shades of lipstick and polish and its great to have choices.

J J
      Lady

I choose any red because I haven’t settled on a shade. I just like trying different colors, but do love reds.

I came out to my cousin last year, and after some long heartfelt discussions she was wonderfully supportive and curious. She went to her purse looming for something then said “I was hoping I had a new tube of my favorite lipstick “Cherries in the Snow” for you, but with COVID and masks I have haven’t been wearing it as much so I don’t have my usual back up tube in my purse.” It was so sweet of her that she was going to give me a tube of lipstick and it felt so warm and accepting. I did buy a tube and let her know I enjoy wearing it.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Vintage red-red-red!  It’s probably not the best color for me but I love it anyway.

Absolute fav is Mac Ruby Woo!

💄💋Lola

Hi Holly,
      I chose any red, because I like most as long as they’re not matte finish. I currently have 16 tubes of lipstick, looking at them I see that the most common shades I wear are cool tone dark pinks. Out of the 16 I have 6 reds that I really like. ‘Glossed and Found’, ‘Flustered’, ‘Give me fever’ and ‘Ruby You’ by MAC. ‘Red Hot’ and ‘Red E to Party’ by Clinique. Almost all of my lipsticks are glossy or satin finish as I do not care for the matte look. I find the matte finish dries your lips very quickly. I do like wearing reds but tend to keep them for special occasions and wear my pink toned lip colors every day at work.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Holly,

I have around half a dozen lipsticks all but one Revlon. My favorite is a darker red Revlon #745 “Love is On”. When I want to use a plum shade it’s Revlon #777 “Vampire Love”. How could you not love a lipstick with a name like that!

Fiona

Smartina
      Duchess

Fire-engine red, the brightest scarlet red I can find. Always 😀 xxx

Holly, My favorite reds:
      1. Mrs Mia Wallace by Urban decay
      2 Revlon Really Red
      3. Russian Red by MAC

4. Passion Red by Sephora

All of the above are Satin lipsticks they seem to work best for me.

Hi Holly

I use many shades of lipstick: red, blue, purple, orange, green, black but as for red in particular my favorite shade is the matte “brick red” in everyday makeup. If I had the chance to go to the disco I would use the “pearly Ferrari red”.
      XOXOX from Italy
      Greta 💋💋💋❤️

I love red lipstick and we have so many shades to choose from it’s hard to pick just one. At times I just want a light touch, a hint of red, mostly during the daytime. So daytime I use a soft red, it’s enough to enhance your lips. Dressing uo for an evening, or after evening, I love a brighter yet darker red that says her I am. A Ruby red is my choice for the evening playtime.

Robin Wilson
      Duchess

I’m loving Maybelline Super Stay Vinyl Ink. Favorite shades are Wicked, and Red Hot! Last long and look great

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My go-to is DMK Iconic Red. It’s darker with a burgundy color. I can wear it day or night. And it lasts for hours. It’s highly pigmented.

I use the 24 hour color stay. I miss out of getting to reapply. Which I love to do. But I never have to remove lipstick stains and after eating I don’t look like I ate half of it. Favorite color? The one I am wearing

Hi Holly as a red lip girl i chose any red as i just love the girly look of a pretty red lip ..  Now as for my favorite shade its discontinued now and so hard to find with out having to take out a loan to purchase it ha ha .. A Clinique color as Red Drama a darker toned red just loved it till all gone .. I have found a few still out there but in the 30 to 40 dollar range a bit much for this girl ..

Stephanie Bass

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?