You must be logged in to participate.
  • Red
  • Blonde
  • Burnett
  • Black
  • Multi color/highlights?
  • Other

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 42 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Laura Lovett 28 minutes ago.

• Author
    Replies
     Laura Lovett 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 18, 2018
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 713

I was kinda orange, straight, just past shoulder length at first – I still like the look, but now I’m the sane length, but blonde and slightly wavy.

I have a curly blonde wig for evenings out, a little bit more glam. I had no idea I liked glamming up until I tried it!

Love Laura

Alice Underwire 
    Participant
    Registered On: September 16, 2019
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 36

I’ve wanted a shoulder length red wig for a while now.

Isabelle O’Malley 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 13, 2019
    Replies: 17

Well I’m still saving up for my first but I know it will be brunette with gold highlights (even if I have to color it myself) and slightly longer than shoulder length. I’ve debated simply growing my hair out and coloring it (it still grows like crazy and continues to remain thick and strong but not too thrilled about the grey) but then I remember how much work it was to maintain before I discovered cross dressing.

Bettylou Cox 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2019
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 255

The poll results seem to indicate that blondes have more fun. I would like to be able to wear a mid-length blonde wig with a ponytail. But the effect would be unnatural, at best. The GGs in my age range all wear their hair above he shoulder or cut short, and in some shade of gray. So if I want to be at least semi-passable, the choice has been made for me. If only Bettylou had shown herself about 20 year sooner……

anne-marie 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 26, 2018
    Replies: 230

My preference is tightly curled, chestnut brown to the bottom of my shoulder-blades and I prefer long hair to be tied back as its not quite as troublesome that way – can’t stand hair continually flapping in my face.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Kristen Moore 
    Participant
    Registered On: August 2, 2019
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 14

I’ve had long hair since I was 12, so never had a need for a wig.

*skippy1965(Cynthia) 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: August 25, 2015
    Topics: 108
    Replies: 1185

When I used to wear them, I preferred brunette/auburn blends. I have over 200 wigs in various shapes/styles/lengths/colors. However I stopped wearing them two and a half years ago as I finally grew my own hair out long enough to not need them (and couldn’t now if I wanted to ’cause my natural hair (in my pics you can see it) is too thick and long to hide under a wig. I kept my natural colors-bend of silver, gray and brunette.
    Cyn

Deb Cox 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 24, 2019
    Replies: 15

I only have blonde and brownish red, which I have fallen in love with. I’m looking for a blonde with red highlights. I prefer to turn heads with my body rather than my blonde hair now. Great question.

Bettylou Cox 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 26, 2019
    Replies: 255

Because all of the GGs in or near my age group have gray hair, styled short, that is my choice.  I currently have only one (by Gabor), but I’m shopping for one or two more for variety.

Patty Phose 
    Participant
    Registered On: May 7, 2016
    Replies: 619

I like long, wavy, dirty blonde

Rachel Plain 
    Participant
    Registered On: July 4, 2016
    Replies: 199

My first wig was red, shoulder-length, and it’s still how I kind of picture Rachel in my head.

After many years of service I retired it last year, though.

I now have multiple wigs – ten or more – some of which I rarely wear, some of which are really just for cosplay/burlesque/costume wear and a few of which see regular ‘everyday’ rotation. I’ve reached the age where a bob seems most age appropriate, but wear longer if I feel in the mood. I’m not sure if I have a personal favourite, but my friends at work have often said that they like this one:

2 users thanked author for this post.
     Janine 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 25, 2015
    Replies: 81

My favorite is a Eva Gabor honey blonde shoulder length wig that I wear most of the time when I get dressed en.femme
    The bangs are long enough to cover some of my forehead yet make my face look feminine and it accents my green eyes

Michelle Liefde 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: May 27, 2018
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 949

I currently have 2, a black one and a blonde. I think I look better with black hair. I am hoping to find one in my once natural hair color.

Michelle Liefde 
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 27, 2018
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 949

I now have a 3rd, a more medium brown one that is definitely closer to my former hair color. 🙂

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 169

For me, (speaking as a pro-model and certified Makeup Artist (MUA), pls allow me to bust in and state that I adore black (on myself), and I will take ANY HAIR as I am rather bald (from a distance I resemble a Ban Roll-on bottle with the cap off)!  I have collected a rats-nest of wigs and foam heads to place them all one, or the hanger type (which are okay for storage only).  I have all manner of black-hair wigs, two identical (what I wear in the photos I’ve two of as they are my daily wear, Sunup to sundown, I don’t care how late or tht I am alone, I dress femme.  The other wigs were needed for certain ‘gigs’ (photo shoots), and thus they were picked up along the way.  White blonde is something I can rock, redhead (even though I WAS one, doesn’t quite ‘cut it’ anymore!), Ombre’s wigs, hair falls, Weps of all manner of Brasilian Hair, as I find it tantalizingly soft and very tuff stuff!  Umm, one grey to white ombre synthetic wig and WOW IS IT SOFT!  Hot too!  For those who don’t mind spending, I recommend that you find a “lace front’ or full lace-wig ….they are sooooo light and airy, and ultra-realistic after they’ve been ‘cut in’ for YOUR face.  Why not get the stuff and try making your own?  It’s NOT difficult, cuz I’ve made three with little or no hassle ….just takes time and the savings is worth it as well.  I have wavy, ‘blown’ and straight-as-a-board types of hair.

T.J. Byron 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 18, 2018
    Replies: 86

Yeah,  I have 3 , a silver- ish ( I am 73 in October), a black,  curly, short style, and the one I wear most,  red-ish  short.

Wife has had some in the past, she rarely, if ever wore, But I Did.  One of the granddaughters asked for it and it was Gone!

I used the wig lady in NASHVILLE,  who put hair on Dolly’s head.

Dr.T.J.

Emily 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 30, 2016
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 269

Currently have 4. My favorite is a short, brown, wig made of real hair. also have a longer strawberry blonde one for when I’m feeling a bit sassy. 😉👩🏼‍🦰👩🏻

Olivia Livin 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 22, 2018
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 809

Although I don’t use them very often, I have two. The shoulder length brunette one is a curly/wavy style that I like, the other is shorter, darker and more of a bob cut…meh.

I looked at one in a kind of thrift store that had blonder highlights in it that I really liked but didn’t pick up at the time, it wasn’t there two days later, dang!

Lesson learned.

Amy Myers 
    Participant
    Registered On: February 11, 2019
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 347

I have two, both brunettes, as its’ close to my natural colour, and I think it suits me more than a blonde one would.

The first, and the one I usually wear is kind of a layered look with soft curls, and about shoulder length. A bit younger looking than my real age (65), but I am fortunate that I don’t show my age, in or out of femme, so I think it suits me. I just bought another, shorter one, thinking it will be good for summer.

Though the jury is still out on it, as the hair falls over my face at times, and I feel like a sheepdog, a female one, of course. Don’t know if I need hair clips, or if should be trimmed a bit. I am thinking of taking it to my barber, for some help with it, she’s a very cool lady that I’m confident would be accepting, but sitting in the shop being cut is another thing.

Amy

Anne Preuss 
    Participant
    Registered On: December 13, 2018
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 344

I chose other because I have a grey hair Tomboy wig that is just lovely and suits me perfectly.  Being older, I feel the short style and the grey color complement my facial features perfectly.    I see older ladies be they GG or CD with colors that are in such stark contrast to their older facial features that their hair seems totally out of place.

I just bought a second wig that is slightly longer to my shoulders that is softly streaked with soft colors of blonde and brown.  I really need some more time with it on to truly decide whether it is a good choice for me or not.

Tiffany Alexis 
    Founder
    Registered On: March 28, 2019
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 664

Currently, I have only the one, it’s my first, and it’s in what I like to think of as “tifftacular red”.

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant
      Registered On: April 17, 2017
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 79

We all have to start somewhere, I would  urge you to experiment with different colors, styles, and lengths to see what you like best!

Tiffany Alexis 
        Founder
        Registered On: March 28, 2019
        Topics: 29
        Replies: 664

I just did that, and now have a longer, redder tifftacular red wig! I’ll get more I’m sure, even in other colors, but the red feels like, well, me, so im gonna rock it for a minute! Plus I just love long hair, and the way it feels on my back.

stephanie plumb 
    Participant
    Registered On: November 17, 2018
    Topics: 70
    Replies: 628

I usually wear shortish/medium length blonde “bobs with bangs”.  My natural skin tone colour.  And they suit my face better than longer ones.  Middle partings? Forget it! Shrek in a dress.

But lately I have acquired two copper/red wigs. One 35 cm bob (see my public pics) and a slightly longer layered bob….  and I love them!  The rich tones make my blue eyes pop! And I think they suit me. I have tried brown before but was not happy with the look.

Stephanie P.

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant

Until recently, I too thought bangs where the only way to go. but I just bought a middle part long wavey blonde wig, and don’t think it looks half bad on me. See my public pics.

stephanie plumb 
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 70
        Replies: 628

Yeah…..  looks good on you!!!    Wouldn’t on me, though. To be fair I have only tried a long straight wig with a centre parting .   Looked horrible on me.   Will stick with short/medium bobs…. for now.

Christinajane 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 9, 2018
    Replies: 13

I currently have 4 wigs long and mid wavy blonde the mid length with dark roots looks natural – the long one looks great and a short bob that is just fun . I have a straight brunette long bob that makes my face look fat. I am going to get a mid to long wavy brunette soon and really can’t wait for that. Today will be mid wavy 👩💕💄

Christinajane 
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2018
      Replies: 13

Thanks Michelle btw I bought that long Brunette wig yesterday in an open kiosk in a mall and had a couple of girls saying how nice it looked – it  felt so nice to get those lovely compliments – going for a long drive today – have fun

Christine xx

Jennifer Swanson 
    Participant
    Registered On: April 20, 2019
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 110

I have 6 wigs- blonde bob, blonde long and curly, brown with blonde streaks shoulder length, Auburn bob, purple shoulder length and red bob.  Blonde is most feminine and my favorite.

Perpetual questions – How do you get tangles out?  How do you store wigs?

melissa la quinta 
      Participant
      Registered On: September 29, 2016
      Replies: 70

Hi Jennifer: I see why your fave is blonde; you look so pretty in that wig!

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant

I store my wigs by turning the caps inside-out and putting them in a plastic bag. I get tangles out by gently working the hair ends with my wig brush back up towards the cap. In severe cases I will simply cut out the tangles removing as little of the hair as possible.

Hope that helps.

Michelle.

karley delaware 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 23, 2017
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 218

My wig is black with purple hi-lights long to mid back.   The other is  also long but curly.  Love the feel on my bare back.

karley delaware

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Replies: 3

I prefer the Raquel Welch line.  Brown with auburn high lites.  Shoulder length, wavy.

sophie tilson 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 21, 2017
    Replies: 29

Long, short, bob, straight, wavy, blonde, black, auburn…. and of course a Marilyn 🙂

Love a different look every day

Sophie xxxxx

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant

Wow! Sophie that sounds like a lot of wigs! I have at least 6 to 8 myself, I like long shoulder length or a little more, soft curls or just soft waves. one slightly Marilyn, my oldest. but which is your fav?

sophie tilson 
        Participant
        Registered On: October 21, 2017
        Replies: 29

Long blonde wavy looks great on you Michelle,

My favorite is short black bob, every time

Anonymous
    Registered On:
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 519

Brunette with blonde highlights, tapered to 24 inch’s in back, middle parted and full wave. Teased and sprayed to give height and fullness………….I have 20 active-go-to-wigs……….but don’t like straight wigs, and I struggle with blonde………..black mini dress is the only clothing I can get blonde to ‘pop’ with.

Mikki

Krista 
    Participant
    Registered On: January 24, 2017
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 98

While I have two good quality wigs (one brunette & one auburn, both shoulder length with a bit of a wave), I haven’t worn them in almost two years.  I haven’t had a hair cut since retiring from work, so my natural hair (a lot of white/gray now with dark brown/auburn ends) reaches down to my bra strap in the back and my nipples in the front. I’m pretty lucky for someone who turns 65 in a couple of months to have a head full of thick hair. But I’m not throwing out my wigs. I imagine one day (hoping not too soon) that I will start getting some male pattern baldness and I’ll need my wigs again. Might as well let it grow while I still can!!!!   Hugs, Krista.

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant

Your so lucky to be able to use your own hair! Have you considered coloring it?

Alison Anderson 
    Participant
    Registered On: October 15, 2018
    Replies: 33

My own hair is a very dark brown, like a dark chocolate.  It is also long (down to just above my nipples in front or between my shoulder blades in back).  It is very fine though, not a lot of volume (I think I got that from my mother) and no balding (which I get from my father).  Most of the time I simply add clip-on bangs and I’m good to go.  I tend to get curly and frizzy at the ends and have to flat-iron it several times a week even when not dressing.  I have reached the point where most of the time I don’t even put it in a pony tail in guy mode; I just wear it down.

I have been coloring out the little bit of grey I get (it is just in the front but with my long hair combed back it is very noticeable; when it was shorter and I combed it to the side it was less obvious).  After coloring out the grey with my natural color, the bangs are an almost perfect match.  Sometimes you can see the difference in reflectivity with a harsh flash, but with the naked eye the match is too close to call.

I have tried lighter shades of brown or blond, but the color just looks wrong on my face.  So I tend to stick with dark brown or black.  The wigs are mostly straight, although some curve around to frame my face.

I have one red wig I bought for a themed party.  It was meant as a one-time thing and I was thinking of just getting a Raggedy-Ann wig.  But I found a red wig online and a quick photo-editing showed it was a decent natch, so I bought it.  It does look OK on me, although I need to try to redden up my eyebrows or they look out of place.  I also bought a black wig with some red highlights that I thought looked nice on me.

But for simplicity, for ease of upkeep, for confidence of not slipping or being too hot, just adding the bangs is my favorite hairstyle.

Michelle Wilmington 
      Participant

Thanks for the reply Alison, Blonde certainly doesn’t work on everyone! I know hair color has to match our skin tones, and even our makeup too. !t works well for me with my Scandinavian decent, but the darker the skin tone, the worse blonde looks on it! I visibly cringe when I see light blonde on a very dark skin tone!

Fiona-Ann Moss 
    Ambassador
    Registered On: October 7, 2018
    Topics: 330
    Replies: 1139

Hi Michelle. I have 2 long Blonde wigs, i did have 3 but i made the fatal mistake of wearing it in bed and it became so knotted and tangled that it was impossible to save it, so unfortunately, it went 🙁 my styles are straight and sightly curly.

Fiona xxx

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account