Tagged: ,

• This topic has 54 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 42 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

How many wigs do you own? What was your first one? Do you prefer curly, wave, or straight? Long or short? What’s your favorite style?

Hi Michelle. I have 2 long Blonde wigs, i did have 3 but i made the fatal mistake of wearing it in bed and it became so knotted and tangled that it was impossible to save it, so unfortunately, it went 🙁 my styles are straight and sightly curly.

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

HaHaaa I have had that very thought multiple times since I started Dressing last October. (had I started Crossdressing 20 years ago)

My own hair is a very dark brown, like a dark chocolate.  It is also long (down to just above my nipples in front or between my shoulder blades in back).  It is very fine though, not a lot of volume (I think I got that from my mother) and no balding (which I get from my father).  Most of the time I simply add clip-on bangs and I’m good to go.  I tend to get curly and frizzy at the ends and have to flat-iron it several times a week even when not dressing.  I have reached the point where most of the time I don’t even put it in a pony tail in guy mode; I just wear it down.

I have been coloring out the little bit of grey I get (it is just in the front but with my long hair combed back it is very noticeable; when it was shorter and I combed it to the side it was less obvious).  After coloring out the grey with my natural color, the bangs are an almost perfect match.  Sometimes you can see the difference in reflectivity with a harsh flash, but with the naked eye the match is too close to call.

I have tried lighter shades of brown or blond, but the color just looks wrong on my face.  So I tend to stick with dark brown or black.  The wigs are mostly straight, although some curve around to frame my face.

I have one red wig I bought for a themed party.  It was meant as a one-time thing and I was thinking of just getting a Raggedy-Ann wig.  But I found a red wig online and a quick photo-editing showed it was a decent natch, so I bought it.  It does look OK on me, although I need to try to redden up my eyebrows or they look out of place.  I also bought a black wig with some red highlights that I thought looked nice on me.

But for simplicity, for ease of upkeep, for confidence of not slipping or being too hot, just adding the bangs is my favorite hairstyle.

Thanks for the reply Alison, Blonde certainly doesn’t work on everyone! I know hair color has to match our skin tones, and even our makeup too. !t works well for me with my Scandinavian decent, but the darker the skin tone, the worse blonde looks on it! I visibly cringe when I see light blonde on a very dark skin tone!

Krista
      Duchess

While I have two good quality wigs (one brunette & one auburn, both shoulder length with a bit of a wave), I haven’t worn them in almost two years.  I haven’t had a hair cut since retiring from work, so my natural hair (a lot of white/gray now with dark brown/auburn ends) reaches down to my bra strap in the back and my nipples in the front. I’m pretty lucky for someone who turns 65 in a couple of months to have a head full of thick hair. But I’m not throwing out my wigs. I imagine one day (hoping not too soon) that I will start getting some male pattern baldness and I’ll need my wigs again. Might as well let it grow while I still can!!!!   Hugs, Krista.

Your so lucky to be able to use your own hair! Have you considered coloring it?

Anonymous

Brunette with blonde highlights, tapered to 24 inch’s in back, middle parted and full wave. Teased and sprayed to give height and fullness………….I have 20 active-go-to-wigs……….but don’t like straight wigs, and I struggle with blonde………..black mini dress is the only clothing I can get blonde to ‘pop’ with.

Mikki

Long, short, bob, straight, wavy, blonde, black, auburn…. and of course a Marilyn 🙂

Love a different look every day

Sophie xxxxx

Wow! Sophie that sounds like a lot of wigs! I have at least 6 to 8 myself, I like long shoulder length or a little more, soft curls or just soft waves. one slightly Marilyn, my oldest. but which is your fav?

Long blonde wavy looks great on you Michelle,

My favorite is short black bob, every time

Anonymous

I prefer the Raquel Welch line.  Brown with auburn high lites.  Shoulder length, wavy.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

My wig is black with purple hi-lights long to mid back.   The other is  also long but curly.  Love the feel on my bare back.

I have 6 wigs- blonde bob, blonde long and curly, brown with blonde streaks shoulder length, Auburn bob, purple shoulder length and red bob.  Blonde is most feminine and my favorite.

Perpetual questions – How do you get tangles out?  How do you store wigs?

I store my wigs by turning the caps inside-out and putting them in a plastic bag. I get tangles out by gently working the hair ends with my wig brush back up towards the cap. In severe cases I will simply cut out the tangles removing as little of the hair as possible.

Hope that helps.

Michelle.

Hi Jennifer: I see why your fave is blonde; you look so pretty in that wig!

Anonymous

I currently have 4 wigs long and mid wavy blonde the mid length with dark roots looks natural – the long one looks great and a short bob that is just fun . I have a straight brunette long bob that makes my face look fat. I am going to get a mid to long wavy brunette soon and really can’t wait for that. Today will be mid wavy 👩💕💄

Anonymous

Thanks Michelle btw I bought that long Brunette wig yesterday in an open kiosk in a mall and had a couple of girls saying how nice it looked – it  felt so nice to get those lovely compliments – going for a long drive today – have fun

Christine xx

I chose other because I have a grey hair Tomboy wig that is just lovely and suits me perfectly.  Being older, I feel the short style and the grey color complement my facial features perfectly.    I see older ladies be they GG or CD with colors that are in such stark contrast to their older facial features that their hair seems totally out of place.

I just bought a second wig that is slightly longer to my shoulders that is softly streaked with soft colors of blonde and brown.  I really need some more time with it on to truly decide whether it is a good choice for me or not.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I have two, both brunettes, as its’ close to my natural colour, and I think it suits me more than a blonde one would.

The first, and the one I usually wear is kind of a layered look with soft curls, and about shoulder length. A bit younger looking than my real age (65), but I am fortunate that I don’t show my age, in or out of femme, so I think it suits me. I just bought another, shorter one, thinking it will be good for summer.

Though the jury is still out on it, as the hair falls over my face at times, and I feel like a sheepdog, a female one, of course. Don’t know if I need hair clips, or if should be trimmed a bit. I am thinking of taking it to my barber, for some help with it, she’s a very cool lady that I’m confident would be accepting, but sitting in the shop being cut is another thing.

Amy

Although I don’t use them very often, I have two. The shoulder length brunette one is a curly/wavy style that I like, the other is shorter, darker and more of a bob cut…meh.

I looked at one in a kind of thrift store that had blonder highlights in it that I really liked but didn’t pick up at the time, it wasn’t there two days later, dang!

Lesson learned.

Emily
      Lady

Currently have 4. My favorite is a short, brown, wig made of real hair. also have a longer strawberry blonde one for when I’m feeling a bit sassy. 😉👩🏼‍🦰👩🏻

Anonymous

For me, (speaking as a pro-model and certified Makeup Artist (MUA), pls allow me to bust in and state that I adore black (on myself), and I will take ANY HAIR as I am rather bald (from a distance I resemble a Ban Roll-on bottle with the cap off)!  I have collected a rats-nest of wigs and foam heads to place them all one, or the hanger type (which are okay for storage only).  I have all manner of black-hair wigs, two identical (what I wear in the photos I’ve two of as they are my daily wear, Sunup to sundown, I don’t care how late or tht I am alone, I dress femme.  The other wigs were needed for certain ‘gigs’ (photo shoots), and thus they were picked up along the way.  White blonde is something I can rock, redhead (even though I WAS one, doesn’t quite ‘cut it’ anymore!), Ombre’s wigs, hair falls, Weps of all manner of Brasilian Hair, as I find it tantalizingly soft and very tuff stuff!  Umm, one grey to white ombre synthetic wig and WOW IS IT SOFT!  Hot too!  For those who don’t mind spending, I recommend that you find a “lace front’ or full lace-wig ….they are sooooo light and airy, and ultra-realistic after they’ve been ‘cut in’ for YOUR face.  Why not get the stuff and try making your own?  It’s NOT difficult, cuz I’ve made three with little or no hassle ….just takes time and the savings is worth it as well.  I have wavy, ‘blown’ and straight-as-a-board types of hair.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I currently have 2, a black one and a blonde. I think I look better with black hair. I am hoping to find one in my once natural hair color.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

I now have a 3rd, a more medium brown one that is definitely closer to my former hair color. 🙂

Janine
      Lady

My favorite is a Eva Gabor honey blonde shoulder length wig that I wear most of the time when I get dressed en.femme
      The bangs are long enough to cover some of my forehead yet make my face look feminine and it accents my green eyes

My first wig was red, shoulder-length, and it’s still how I kind of picture Rachel in my head.

After many years of service I retired it last year, though.

I now have multiple wigs – ten or more – some of which I rarely wear, some of which are really just for cosplay/burlesque/costume wear and a few of which see regular ‘everyday’ rotation. I’ve reached the age where a bob seems most age appropriate, but wear longer if I feel in the mood. I’m not sure if I have a personal favourite, but my friends at work have often said that they like this one:

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I like long, wavy, dirty blonde

Anonymous

Because all of the GGs in or near my age group have gray hair, styled short, that is my choice.  I currently have only one (by Gabor), but I’m shopping for one or two more for variety.

Deb Cox
      Lady

I only have blonde and brownish red, which I have fallen in love with. I’m looking for a blonde with red highlights. I prefer to turn heads with my body rather than my blonde hair now. Great question.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

When I used to wear them, I preferred brunette/auburn blends. I have over 200 wigs in various shapes/styles/lengths/colors. However I stopped wearing them two and a half years ago as I finally grew my own hair out long enough to not need them (and couldn’t now if I wanted to ’cause my natural hair (in my pics you can see it) is too thick and long to hide under a wig. I kept my natural colors-bend of silver, gray and brunette.
      Cyn

I’ve had long hair since I was 12, so never had a need for a wig.

My preference is tightly curled, chestnut brown to the bottom of my shoulder-blades and I prefer long hair to be tied back as its not quite as troublesome that way – can’t stand hair continually flapping in my face.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

The poll results seem to indicate that blondes have more fun. I would like to be able to wear a mid-length blonde wig with a ponytail. But the effect would be unnatural, at best. The GGs in my age range all wear their hair above he shoulder or cut short, and in some shade of gray. So if I want to be at least semi-passable, the choice has been made for me. If only Bettylou had shown herself about 20 year sooner……

Well I’m still saving up for my first but I know it will be brunette with gold highlights (even if I have to color it myself) and slightly longer than shoulder length. I’ve debated simply growing my hair out and coloring it (it still grows like crazy and continues to remain thick and strong but not too thrilled about the grey) but then I remember how much work it was to maintain before I discovered cross dressing.

I’ve wanted a shoulder length red wig for a while now.

Anonymous

I was kinda orange, straight, just past shoulder length at first – I still like the look, but now I’m the sane length, but blonde and slightly wavy.

I have a curly blonde wig for evenings out, a little bit more glam. I had no idea I liked glamming up until I tried it!

Love Laura

I have five wigs. Four blonde, plus a black one I’m saving for my Halloween Wonder Woman costume. I prefer mostly straight with a bit of a wave, mainly because the curly ones tangle so easily!

Anonymous

I am pretty at the begening of my Girl life bit i already own 4 différents wig one long straigh blonde , one red wavy medium length and 2 light Brown like my natural color one long and curvy and the other one long and straigh depedé on my clothes and makeup every thing need to match up

Anonymous

I’m coming to the end of my first year as a Crossdresser and ready to start my second next month in October. I joined CDH In January. Being new I grabbed everything I thought might fit. I was super curious of what might actually frame my face to give me the natural feminine look. I tried short Bobs to ultra long, Braided. Definitely tried colors. But now I’ve narrowed it down to two. My ‘Go To’ is a 14 inch, straight gray with dark roots. My secondary is a 14 inch straight Auburn. It took many trials of types before I settled on these two. After all, I actually had the choice of hair length and color unlike my male mode

Anonymous

I started with a straight ” afro wig being the cheapest…later when my dressing advanced I bought in a shop where I could try; and wow what a difference. Now having about 10 wigs, black and blonde, although my favourites are aubergine/burgandy colour just a little longer than shoulder lengthy as these wigs seems to cover better my face/head and neck. Have also bought a few on mail order and if colour not exactly the one I wanted coloured it with success. Nothing better than having finished my make-up and then puting on my wig to conplete my change-over!!

My first wig was a short gray bob which I absolutely loved at first sight. After buying it , I began to think it was more grandmotherly than punk/emo like I was going for but I like short and straight best. I also own a long curly blonde wig which is as close to my natural color as i can get for the Barbie look.  I am still trying to to find my own style and I’ll perfect it one day!

I have tried several wigs and find that i suit blonde best.

Medium length ones with a off centre parting to allow the fringe to cover my forehead.

Jo Jo xx

I own 5 wigs different styles and colours my first was brown curly,

Nicole Markova
      Baroness

My first wig was a long auburn one off of amazon I still have it posted an update on my wall with me wearing it I love it but my favorite is my somewhat blonde one that I’m wearing in my photo under public photos

I voted other. I only have one wig so far. It’s a costume wig, auburn in color. I’m wearing it in my profile photo.

I presently have 6 wigs Michelle.  I have had many more but some of them actualy died from alopecia, I have tried various styles where long ones look odd due to having a short neck and too short wigs leave me with the look of a hampster, (chubby cheeks.)

Colours inlude very blonde, brunette, and highlights.  My bestest favorite and cheapest is a blondy grey bob that becomes a woman of my age. (21+)

Sally xx

See profile picture or CD photos.

I voted other because I’ve only had one wig and it was a dark red/auburn. I only wore it a few times and then it went into a box and off to storage. I had long hair for quite sometime after that but cut it off when I took a new job. Now I’m in the market for a new wig and need to find some places to look either online  or in the Houston area.

I have long hair so I don’t wear a wig. My hair has natural curls that women around would love to have. If I did wear a wig, it would be to have multi-colored hair that I can’t do with mine.
      Hugs, Ruby

Anonymous

I have 5, but two favorites and 3rd I wear occasionally. The other 2 I just do not like and should probably trash.
      1. Red wavy – I like the color,but its really thin on top and the ends are supper frizzy.
      2. Short black tight waves – I just dont think the short hair looks good on me. My wife likes it, but I think it takes away from my feminine look.
      3. Long black wavey – I wear this one occasions for something different. Its really long, goes halfway down my back, and not super wavy so I can style it different ways.
      4. Straight hair light brown with blonde highlights – this one is my favorite. Looks really natural. I like to pull this one up on the top of my head in a pony tail, or tie the back up with ribbon or band.
      5. Light brown wavy, with blonde and burgundy highlights. This is my wife’s favorite and the one I wear the most. Its long on top, so You can pull it back, part on sides or in the middle, pull strands to hang down on your eyes, etc…… The sides are also long so often times I will pull strands from the front on each side and pull them around to the back and tie together with a beret or hair clip. It looks and feels like real hair.

Chelly

I have about 7-8 wigs, haven’t had the time to count since they spend most of the time hidden away. Ive got the typical colors, brown,  black, blonde, ginger alonside some of the more unusual colours like pink and blue.

Whhile half of mine are just plain long hair, the other half of my collection is designed for twintails and they look absolutely amazing. They always feel so ultra feminine even though the hair strands keeps getting into my eyes.

wig

Anonymous

I have to admit I luv Auburn hair color but I have tried several wigs but … my skin tone seems to clash. So my GO-TO is a Gray with subtle dark roots

We all have to start somewhere, I would  urge you to experiment with different colors, styles, and lengths to see what you like best!

Until recently, I too thought bangs where the only way to go. but I just bought a middle part long wavey blonde wig, and don’t think it looks half bad on me. See my public pics.

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?