Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

However we come by them we all have a certain way we view the world. Some are optimists, some are pessimists, and those are just two I can think of. When you vote I’d love it if you’d say how you voted and tell us a little about why. The six styles in this poll are:

Optimist: Optimists tend to look at the bright side of life. (Yes that’s Python.) Their motto: the glass is half full.

Pessimist: Pessimists tend to have a more negative view of the world. Their motto: every silver lining has a cloud.

Engineer: Engineers tend to be pragmatists. If pessimists see the glass as half empty and optimists see the glass as half full, engineers see the glass as being twice as large as it needs to be. I first read this viewpoint in a joke by an engineer. Their motto: and that’s the way it is. (miss you Walter)

Optimistic engineer: Optimistic engineers see the world the way it is but they still hope for the best outcome. Their motto: I see things as they could be and ask why not.

Pessimistic engineer: Pessimistic engineers see the world the way it is and they know it’s not a fun place. Their motto: I see things the way they are and ask why.

Other: I learned as a young adult that you don’t know that you don’t even know. No matter how many options you think are out there somebody always has one that’s new on you. If this is you, please also describe how you see the world.

What an interesting post! I was unfamiliar with the term Engineer in this context and certainly something I could use. I hate disappointment, so I figure if I have low expectations, then I am less likely to feel let down or disappointment. Optimistc engineering sounds a more fruitful (albeit risky) approach. 🤔

Pessimistic engineer here.  Actually I’m probably more of a pragmatist (so just Engineer) but too late to change my vote I guess!

Anonymous

I try really hard to be an optimist… to always see the bright side… no matter how deep the mud I’m standing in.I can only tolerate pessimists so long… when they start to bring me down I walk away. I have worked with some good engineers and some I couldn’t stand…I prefer the optimistic engineers, but that’s the tradesman coming out. Fun fact… Henry Ford was a machinist… not a engineer . Most of our outstanding inventions were designed by dreamers and trades people… Keep on dreaming and doing what you can do to make this old world a better place…❤️❤️

I voted optimistic engineer. Since I’ve accepted myself as a CDer in 2016 and a gender fluid individual since 2019; I’ve definitely found an inner peace and I feel my life has a brighter outlook. However, my dressing en fem has to stay a secret concerning my domestic life. My wife is not accepting nor supportive of such activities. Her view is fine with me, I’m doing this for me and not to enhance our relationship. She is very observant, so I have to very careful on how I try to blend any feminine characteristics into my life. I’ll give a few examples:

My fingernails break, chip, and split very easily; I started using nail strengthener. She noticed the shine and complained. I now use hair, nail, and skin vitamins. I recently started using hyaluronic acid serum on my forehead wrinkles, same thing she noticed the shine on two occasions. I told her I had just washed my face with a “sea breeze” cleanser. This past Saturday afternoon I had the house to my self and needed to wash some of my intimates; the next day she asked me why the washer was on the delicate cycle. I never use the delicate cycle for anything, she said. I realized I forgot to switch it back, I just blew it off. That same Saturday; she asked me why there was a $2.50 parking fee on our joint checking account. I told her I was downtown looking around, I couldn’t tell her that I was getting fitted for my first strapless bra. She joked that I must have been visiting a strip club. This sort of hurt me, because she knows I’m not into that. She’s a real piece of work; she knows how to cut me right to the quick.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

What a depressing thought.   Haha, just kidding.  But, I did have to lean towards pessimistic engineer.  ( Damn it Jim, I’m a crossdresser, not an engineer! ).

But a pessimistic engineer with a hopeful sense of humour.  Lol.

Stevie

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Easy answer on this one.  I am an optimist, because I am only a temporary inhabitant of this world and all its problems and just passing through.  My future and permanent home will be with Jesus Christ in eternity.  How do I know?  Again, easy answer, I accepted His simple Plan of Salvation and thus gained assurance of my future.

FWIW, I am an electronics engineer by trade, although during my Navy career, I was a cryptologist.

I have always been an optimistic. Glass half full kind of gal. Things never seem as bad as they look there’s always good in everything.

Anonymous

I went for optimistic engineer, I do always try to see the bright side of things [ I’m a Python fan too] but I’m always trying to see how we can make it better. I t has a lot to do with my work and my mom and dad. I worked in a steel mill for a very innovative company and we were on profit sharing and it was instilled in us never be satisfied we can always roll one more coil and we all looked for ways to make things more efficient. Time is money! My parents also taught not just to sit back in life and be content with what you have try that little bit harder and make it better, not just personal belongings but in our relationships with our families and the people you meet on the long path called life. I think it’s a pretty healthy attitude but you have to be careful not to go too far and become obsessed with things. If that’s as good as it gets, great, now move on to something else.

Anonymous

Since Bettylou took control of my brain, I’m definitely an optimistic engineer…searching for, and expecting to find the answer to every problem.  A big improvement over my old guy self, whose motto was “Don’t worry; nothing’s going to turn out right”.

Hi Casey,

Too many years of training as an engineer.  Sometimes optimistic but an outcome can change due to other factors.

Alice

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I guess optimistic engineer describes my outlook best.  For most things I just say that’s just the way it is, most bad things are just not worth getting upset about.  But for many other things ware things could be better I do say why not.

Anonymous

I am an engineering technician. Everyone at work is so logical. I need balance in my life, I need emotion, nurturing and femininity. I couldn’t pick any choice with engineer. I did pick optimist!

Kay

Going to have to go with optimist. No matter what has gone on in my life and the lives of friends I’ve always been a look on the bright side kinda person

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Optimist/pragmatist here. Python got it right. “Always look on the bright side of life”.

Throughout my over 3 score and ten years on this mortal coil there have been times when I was very low. But when the optimist in me came back, I would tell myself, “the only way from here is up”.

So back up that optimist ladder I went and life has generally been very good. Just gotta control this “bug” so I can get out more. Both the male me and Caty.

Caty

As a race engineer, my mood oscillates inside the engineering spectrum. Always seeking improvements (“do the best you can with whatever you have”), but when it depends more on external factors, I lean towards the pessimistic side. However, when it depends more on me, when I have proper time to spend and initial results are positive, I lean towards the optimistic side.

xoxo

Daisy

Other because as I’ve gotten older (71), not much surprises me any more.

Debbie J
      Lady

Optimistic Engineer. Speak softly, and (especially today) carry a .357 with hollow points just in case.

Welcome

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Damn it.  Part of the time I’m still an optimist at heart I guess.  I just cant help it.  Lol.

Stevie

Hi Casey,

Good topic. I voted other since I could not vote for both optimistic engineer and pessimistic engineer. Lie is about why do some things suck and we could make improvements that would be so much better. I would like to think we make things the best we can in most circumstances. The biggest why nots come from bigger things we don’t have any control over and that’s where an accepting attitude is needed and appreciated but don’t let it stop you from campaigning for better.

Hugs,

Autumn

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Casey, very thought provoking.  I ended up voting “other” as I just couldn’t decide.  Guess I was just waaaay overthinking it especially as I could find examples of every style.  Stay healthy, stay safe, Hugs, Krista.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I voted pessimistic engineer. IAM and engineer, and I am ALWAYS asking “why like this?”

I would like to be an optimistic engineer, I would. But I’ve gotten to where I just tend to think, this is how it is, but WHY does it have to be THIS way?

I love that engineering joke…

I long to be the dreamer that I was as a child…

Take care!

Dala

Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

I loved this poll and your descriptions Casey 🙂 🙂

I am the optimist that sees a half empty glass and asks: “If you are not going to finish that drink may I have it?”

not sure which i seem to be a mix of all. i see the world for what it is , not what its percived to be. let that soak in awhile.

Originally my vote was other without reading your descriptions. Because I’m a glass is half full sorta person. However, I know from my past that I’m very pessimistic. And I’ve been trying to change my outlook on life the past few years. I do believe it’s working because recently, at work, I was described as an optimist. I’d say that Optimistic Engineer would be more accurate.

Most of my life I would have said optimist.  But I’m becoming increasingly skeptical.  It’s not pessimism as much as realism of the way things are.  I want to be positive but I see too many things where things are either moving backwards or are on the verge of moving backwards.

I don’t want this to be a total downer, so I’d like to tell you about a tee shirt I have.  It has a 3×3 grid on it with drawings of faces and the following text.

The top row says:  Optimist:  The glass is half full.  Pessimist:  The glass is half empty.  Realist: The glass is.

The second row says:  Idealist: The glass should be full.  Feminist: My glass seems less full than HIS glass.  Environmentalist: Save the water.

The third row says:  Anarchist:  Break the glass!  Capitalist:  Let’s sell this glass.  Chemist:  It’s 50% H20, 40% N2 + 10% O2.

I voted other   for I see the world as it is no matter what people they are.  cross dressers, lesbians, gay or straight, white, African American, we are all human beings. so if you want to dress up and go out enfem do it,  I don’t make fun of people they way they dress. every one dresses differently.

Stephanie
      Lady

I chose optimistic engineer.  over the years I have learned that no matter how bleak any situation is, look at it long enough, ponder it, look at it from outside the box and you will find hope that with a little effort I can improve the outcome drastically.  after a while the problem may still be there, but the existence of the problem became insignificant because I managed to change myself. or just how I now look at the challenge. isn’t that really what change is all about.

Interesting choices as I am an engineer by profession and an optimist by astrological sign…

I chose ‘other’.  I am more of a realist than anything.  The glass isn’t half full or half empty, it is a half glass of water.  I do sometimes see the bright side of things, and that does make me feel good, and also the dimmer side of other things, which just makes me think about them more to figure out out why I see it that way.

PaulaF

Anonymous

When I was young I was very optimistic. Things were new and I just felt everything would fall into place and if it didn’t I could try again, no big deal. Now that more than half my life is over and nothing is the way I thought it would be at this point its hard to be optimistic about much of anything.  Life is hard and it always seems to throw you a curveball, always.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Often times, it seems very hard to be optimistic about life, things don’t always work out the way you’d like, bad times seem far more personally significant than good times (and seem to last longer too).  But I’m still an optimist.

I do like the ‘engineer’ option because, yes, I do see the reality – which is often not anywhere near as nice or decent or civilized as one would hope or expect.  I just make sure that I live my life as best as I can, take responsibility for my own actions, and show respect for others and their property.

For instance my spouse and I have now close friends from all over the political spectrum, but in day to day living, where we are, we all just don’t get into political discussions as they can lead nowhere but into acrimony and bad feelings.  We show respect for each other that way, and because for the things in our neighborhood that do matter, we all mostly agree, and that leads to having good times with each other.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?