Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Recently I made some notes on what womens clothes I had for my crossdressing;  I also made a small list of a few things to buy and a couple of things needed to finish off some specific outfits.

As I completed my notes I realised I had now got a wardrobe that worked for all the seasons of the year.

When I first started I had a simple wardrobe – few things to wear, separates skirts & tops; over time I created a capsule wardrobe which I maintained; then I added a few more items and little by little I have a small basic foundation wardrobe.  My wardrobe is rather ‘everyday jane’ with some items for best.

How would you characterize your ‘girl-drobe’ ?

wow, this is going to be an expansive answer.

Like you, I started with a few items, then slowly built up over time.  I figured out what worked and what didn’t, and what I liked and what I didn’t.

Overall, my wardrobe is primarily business professional.  I have alot of pencil type skirts, and work style blouses/tops.  Add to that blazers, and it is something a professional woman would wear to the office.  I don’t have much shoes though, as my wife doesn’t like me clomping around the house scuffing up the hardwood with my pumps.

Accessories include scarves, but I haven’t worn those in a while.  I mostly adorn myself with typical items like necklaces, ear rings, (ankle) bracelets, and rings.

I also have one wedding dress for that special occassion should I want to “recreate” walking down the aisle.

There is also a sporty side to my wardrobe, as I have a few ballet/dance leotards, and over 115+ one piece women’s swimsuits.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Alicen, being retired and living in NW Canada I have many different wardrobes depending on the seasons and activities.  First off there is the outdoor clothing for winter, summer, and spring/fall (as one).  Then there are the activities such as exercise gear and bedtime.  And then indoor themes such as professional/office worker, cocktail party, or casual.  Plus all the accessories (scarves, hats, purses, jewelry).  I usually go through four to five changes of clothing per day.  My SO knows and prefers not to see me fully glammed up but is tolerant enough of certain femme wear (panties, bra, leggings, ladies jeans, some tops, socks, and slippers – as long as the items are not overly girly).  I have five chests of drawers and two huge closets for clothes; the majority of clothing is femme. They are all just out in the open totally available for her inspection if she wants to take a look.  Her only condition is that when our kids/grandkids come over is that I make sure the closet doors are shut and there is no femme clothing lying around my bedroom.

I really don’t have room to buy more clothes without getting rid of something first – what a problem to have!!!!!    Have a lovely rest of the week, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Krista.
      Anonymous

Well my wardrobe is sold dark oak, it has four turned oak legs, a long draw on the bottom, which is the width and depth of the wardrobe with a pair of brass oak nut cluster handles. The front is two inlaid oak panels, with a oak door and inlaid full mirror along with once again a nut cluster handle. It’s circular 1930 in date and has a sold brass hanging rail inside.
      It’s also full to bursting with Amanda’s skirts, dresses, jeans blouses, jumpers, lingerie and some shoes.

Anonymous

Sounds a beauty honey!!! xx

Anonymous

Yes I have a dressing table that matches plus another three draw dresser that matches too sweetie.

I have around forty dresses and a few more tops than that. Over thirty pair of shoes. At times that seem excessive to me. But there are many times I can’t find anything to wear.

Anonymous

Alicen….

Living alone, it’s not really my wardrobe… it’s my flat….

There are things everywhere so it’s really getting far too extensive to write it all down

how about ” a bit of everything”?…..after all, who could list the entire contents of their home??

I actually live in my girl – drobe!!

Grace x

Anonymous

I have more clothes than I’ll ever need, so I’ll be selling some, donating some. Problem is that doing so takes so much time… while shopping is so much more fun…

In the past I had to rely on shopping on eBay, and some second hand stores. But not since I lost everything I had some 6 or 7 years ago (Long story). Since then I only buy new, mostly from brick’n mortar stores.

Anyway, I have clothes for all seasons like you do. In simple terms, if I decided to start living FT as a woman, I would be able to do so without having to buy any clothes for maybe about one year… and not repeat outfits. Too bad that I only dress on the very part time basis.

I hate the idea of sounding like I’m bragging. Not my intention. And really, I have worked really hard to get what I have. And I’m really good when it comes to finding bargains.

Gabriela

Another late thought to add… since I only get some 15 or 20 “Gaby days” per year, yeah too many clothes. May be nicer having a couple things but get to wear them any time I wanted.

Gabriela,

I would say my situation is similar to yours. I might get out 30-40 times a year, but definitely could go full time tomorrow and have more than I would ever need. I have twice as many girl clothes as my wife. I feel guilty sometimes when I get rid of something that was never worn, and still has the tags on it. Seems waist full. I know this happens a lot more with women, then it does with men. I wear my men’s clothes till they wear out. Probably cause the styles change so little from year to year.

I keep all my stuff in 8 jumbo plastic storage containers in our basement. Since the containers are so big, it got really difficult to remember everything I had, especially stuff toward the bottom of a container. I decided I had to have a better way to remember what I had. Especially when I was trying to plan outfits for going out of town. I spent an entire weekend photographing everything, purses, belts, shoes, etc. Then I made folders on my computer with sub folders inside. For example: Shoes would have sub-folders -> Boots, Flats, Heels, Sandals, Tennis Shoes and Wedges. With everything cataloged (with big pictures) it makes it easier to remember what I have, and plan outfits in advance. I even have all my Nail Polishes cataloged (have well over 100). Other advantage is while I out shopping I can pull the folder and see if I already have it. It may seem like overkill to many of you, but I had to find a way to keep track of what I had. Also, I’m not going to expand what I have, so if I buy something new, something has to go.

We all have to find what works for each of us.

Lisa

Lisa

Anonymous

Hahaha!! I thought I was the only crazy one building a photo catalog of my clothes/shoes! Problem is that I haven’t updated it since January… *sigh* oh well, more work to do on a rainy day!

skippy1965 Cynthia
            Ambassador

It would take me a week at least to document Narnia’s individual itemS LOL-I am lucky to have even “group pictures” of parts of it!
            Cyn

Yes with all you have it would take a long time !

Glad to hear I’m not the only crazy one !

Anonymous

An honest description of my wardrobe could be described in two words: too much. I have coats, jackets, shoes, tops and bottoms which I have never worn; some with the price tag still on them. My side of the closet holds more ladies’ clothing than my wife’s, and it keeps growing. I truly love to shop, and there is nothing to stop me – except perhaps an overly-crowded closet. I keep telling myself this has to stop – but then I never listen. Someday, I will be gone, and the local Goodwill store will reap a bonanza. Until then, it’s my patriotic duty to do my part to keep the economy afloat

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Bettylou….

The economy salutes you 🏆🏆 xx

Anonymous

My wardrobe was getting so much made me get a bigger place. So now living in a real house instead of Apt and more space for more stuff. and Now have a privacy fence and a pool.

Celeste, I urge you not to  inventory if it might spook you.  I did mine when I was laying in after one of my cancer surgeries a couple of years ago, it did scare me.

My wardrobe is synonymous with BettyLou’s at too much, I have a lot, with a Capitol LOT.

My general choices are mostly casual to semi-dressy, I refuse to do frumpy or frazzled.  Most are cotton or cotton blend, soft as butter.  Some blouses are silk or shiny (I love shiny) and none are sleeveless because of my shoulders, think Bea Arthur.  I have very little leather anymore and no furs.

About 1/3 of the whole wardrobe is dresses and skirt, so I have a very good selection of mix n match to choose from, but like many of us, sometimes I can’t find a thing to wear.

PaulaF

Diana W
      Lady

my wardrobe is out of control LOL!  Put it this way, I must have more than twice the number of feminine clothes as I have masculine clothes.  I even have more than my wife!  I have dresses, skirts, blouses and cute tops.  Panties.  No bras yet, though.  That’s a bridge I have yet to cross with my wife.

Anonymous

Diana may have to do add a  addition to the home for the bra’s

Diana W
          Lady

It’s something I hope I’ll be able to add in the not-too-distant future.  My wife has been supportive of my femme side but I’m having to take baby steps to keep her on side.

Anonymous

Have to keep the wife happy number one thing.

Anonymous

Mine is out of control and gradually turning pink 💗 with my love of that colour

Anonymous

My new mantra is think pink and I seem to everyday since I discovered pink is my kinda colour 💗 x

Anonymous

I have a full wardrobe. One dresser with nothing but Chellys clothes. Some i bought, some my SO bought for me, and some she bought for herself and decided she didnt like or like better on me, so she passed them on to me. And of course I raid her side of the closet on occasions since we are the same size. I have dresses(casual and dressy), skirts, casual tops, dressy tops, sweater dresses, one pair of leather pants. I have 4 pair of black high heels. 2 leather and 2 summer strappy open toe high heels. I have a pair of tan and a pair of pink high heels, and a pair of high heel wedges. 3 wigs, full make up box. Yes in stocked on everything.

Chelly.

Well, it’s white, taller than I am, and nearly bursting at the seams… oh, I see what you mean 😊

I gravitate towards middle class English lady, with a slight hint of librarian, but also a large dash of humour. For evenings, I love to glitz up and even dress up, so I might choose a 1920s look, or anything with sparkle and glamour without going too far into the world of drag queens.

I particularly like summer, as the women in the village I live in all seem to choose tiny summer dresses. I love the look of a woman with a figure in such dresses, and love to wear them too.

My chiropractor told me, on my last visit, that she can’t wait until summer, to see me in my little dresses again! So lovely to have the encouragement from her!

Love Laura

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It started with a few things in a box. I then got my own place.

The box got bigger and then realised I could hang it in a small section of the wardrobe. It then started to work its way across the rail and into the drawers. Adding some more units after a refurb allowed more space. A further refurb allowed for a larger wardrobe. 

The wardrobe is now compartmentalised. A new bed had underneath storage and  I added small unit for, well,  my smalls and nightwear.

I have clothes for work rest and play. 

On the odd occasion I have to dress in my old style it could fit in a box! Strange how life goes.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Hmmm…one word? I guess it would be “extensive”! Cyns wardrobe(aka Cyns Boutique aka Narnia) fills most of three rooms. Have my counted in the last couple years but estimates would be 500+ dresses, 100+skirts, 200-300 tops; 400 plus pairs of shoes, countless tanks/camis/leggings/undies etc., 2000 or so pairs of earrings, several dozen bracelets and necklaces, and (in closets cause I haven’t used em in 4 years or more since my own hair grew out) 200+ wigs. Fairly certain I could go two years without repeating outfits(and that doesn’t include mixing and matching tops and bottoms. I have not worn truly male clothes since about 2016; until this year for work and billiards outings I would wear ladies slacks/jeans and ladies polos (and whatever I wanted in Walmart and other outings) but since last summer/fall I have been wearing feminine tops, heels boots and sandals, makeup and dangling earrings and other jewelry and color in my fingernails to pool bar. My hair in my pics is my own and I love wearing in different styles loose waves,curls, ponytails. Braids, buns, etc.
      Cyn

rhonda
      Lady

Mine looks like I’ve lost 50 lbs. seems like everything I buy is too big

I wish I had that problem, honey – lol!!

🤣🤣😋😋

Love Laura

Classic.

I think.

Diane

Anonymous

I have an extensive wardrobe with all different styles,

From long flowing dresses to mini skirts and flowery tops,

It all depends on how i feel on the day what i will wear,

It’s all a bit of a mess at the moment because it’s all in black bin bags in the loft, i must see if i can sneak a few things into my wardrobe in the bedroom,

That will be easier said than done,

Hugs Roz xxxxx

Kelli Sometimes
      Duchess - Annual

Kelli’s wardrobe is quite extensive.  Kelli has more girl clothes than my SO (as she often reminds me).  I didn’t realize how much clothing and accessories Kelli has accumulated, until I had to pack it to move.  I have the luxury of dedicating a separate closet for Kelli’s stuff. However, the problem is that 99% of the wardrobe was acquired while living in South Florida where it’s summer all year.  I now reside in a more temperate area.  Oh well, I guess that gives me the perfect excuse to add some outfits that are more suitable for cooler  weather. Kisses

Kelli  😉

Alicen…

I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!

Even with a mostly complete wardrobe!

Poor Polly… shopping time!

Anonymous

lets do it. 😉

Anonymous

Now that you mention it, Bobbi, I AM lacking in the hosiery department; and a girl can always use more lingerie. Time to visit VS?

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Laurel
      Lady

Couldn’t agree more. I am passionate about lingerie and hosiery. Full fashioned seamed stockings from Secrets in Lace are my kryptonite!

Anonymous

What no Tesco bags?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?