Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies, no surprise here, but buying clothes is not cheap. At least for quality. Since crossdressing in gusto, I spend more money on an average week for clothes than food… Any advice to help budget? Thrift stores? Or just marry a rich person?

Would you rather be hungry or happy?

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Agree that buying quality can be expensive.  Buy when items are on sale.  Shop at discount department stores like Kohl’s and Marshall’s.  Shop at consignment stores.  Set aside an amount every pay period for purchases and don’t exceed it.  If you buy responsibly, you’ll run out of space before you run out of money!

Emily

I did not mean to be flippant with my last reply.  I totally relate to the problem. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to your question.  Just try to be sure that you buy wisely.  I have spent way too much on impulse and regretted it. If I loved what I bought then I never regretted it, even if I had to eat beans. Besides, I love beans! Pay your bills, put a little away for a rainy day, and then enjoy yourself.

Luv and happiness,

Maria

Anonymous
      Lady

Provided all the costs of where you live are met and purchased enough food to eat for the month then for some it does not matter if the remainder gets splurged on impulse clothes buying but this presumes there is no one else whose needs have to be considered and plenty of space to put the purchased clothes.

For so many Crossdressers there is the views of an SO to consider and for many of us that are in the closet the problem of concealing a purchase both financially and storage wise certainly makes impulse buying a very risky activity.

Rachel

Hi Patrick if your buying more cloths than food it could be a problem.

Although its a great diet plan LOL.

But seriously I have to watch myself too the pink fog has gotten me in trouble plenty with my S/O.

There are options

1) pick something each week you want that’s nice and limit yourself to that.

2) Thrift stores like Good will are great and you get to try on your clothes at goodwill,It can be a fun shopping day.

3) postmark or other online sellers like eBay have deals on nice things at discounts.

I don’t know your situation and you are young but you should be saving a little money each week also.

Love Patty

Lea
      Lady

I love thrift stores, especially $1 racks. Payless was great for their clearance deals, but they went out of business this year. Use coupons, shop wisely, go for affordable, set a budget for weekly fun, stick to it, and you’ll be okay.

If your looking to build a complete fem wardrobe all at once, you would expect to spend alot of money. IMO, there’s a difference between casual shopping and shopping sprees. I started building my fem wardrobe in late 2015. I did it buying a few items at a time. I allow myself an amount of money after all monthly expenses are paid. I never shop or pay high end retail. The most expensive items I’ve bought were in the 90 dollar range. I never impulse buy. If I don’t find anything that I have to have, I save the money for my next shopping outing or for higher priced items. I follow these guidelines everytime I shop.

I’ve built my fem wardrobe shopping at generic name discount stores, Wal-Mart and Target type stores, charity/thrift/consignment shops, vintage and specialty boutiques. I even buy clothes from my local super grocery store. My CD/TG support group has clothing swaps every six months. I’ve doubled my number of dresses after two separate swaps; 2 to 4 and 4 to 8.

Anonymous
      Lady

One trick I use when I obsess about buying more clothes is to go online to my favourite women’s sites and choose items I like. I put them in my cart and then logout. After a day or more I log back in and if  I still want the item(s) I may perhaps buy them. The fun of spending time virtual shopping is sometimes enough.

Save up and buy a nice designer purse! You don’t need to eat! Then you can just call it a diet when you lose weight from not being able to buy food! Perfect!

When I started dressing again a few years ago I overspent a lot – part of starting up and getting things together; after a while I decided to get some self-discipline going (well sort of).  I focussed on building and maintaining a capsule wardrobe, then added a few items here and there. Scheme:

• Set myself a monthly spending budget (only just stick to it at times 🙂 )
      • All my clothes shopping where possible to be done in charity (thrift) shops
      • Made a list of things I ‘needed’, things that ‘would be nice’ & ‘wants’
      • Just buy the things I need, occasionally if not spent my budget I get something off one of my other lists
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?