- left leg first
- right leg first
- Neither don't wear jeans or shorts
- June 8, 2021 at 7:22 pm #502100DonnaParticipantRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
Do you put your left leg in first or right leg in first or both legs same time when putting on pair of shorts or jeans
remember now no right or wrong answer or is there.
- June 17, 2021 at 1:18 pm #505789
- June 15, 2021 at 9:22 am #504815Robin SnowLadyRegistered On: May 7, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 233Has thanked: 1909 timesBeen thanked: 1086 times
- June 13, 2021 at 3:28 pm #504160Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 531Has thanked: 1082 timesBeen thanked: 2436 times
I voted left leg first. But that may only be for now because due the fact I am right handed I used to dress right leg first, but with my knee surgery in January I can’t easily bend the left leg fast and easily so for now it is left leg first.
. . Sandy
- June 12, 2021 at 8:04 pm #503859Samantha MurphyLadyRegistered On: February 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 41Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
I sit on a chair and put both legs in at once. I started this just because people say we are all the same and put are pants on one leg at a time. I just wanted to find out if this would work for me and it did.
- June 12, 2021 at 10:00 am #503675Danielle MacGuffinDuchessRegistered On: May 21, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 104Has thanked: 237 timesBeen thanked: 380 times
- June 12, 2021 at 3:12 am #503487Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1053Has thanked: 11175 timesBeen thanked: 4621 times
- June 12, 2021 at 9:52 am #503673DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- June 11, 2021 at 4:09 pm #503276Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 34Replies: 1555Has thanked: 9180 timesBeen thanked: 6163 times
Well I put the right leg in shake it all about, do the Wiggle Wiggle and struggle and shout . Then I wobble wobble and rock around, then I realise I just hit the ground. I ‘ve screwed me wooden leg the wrong way round. I put me right leg in and shake it all about, I put me left leg in, it kicks me up the a**, splits me new jeans,i’ m back on the floor, something catapulted from the back to front. I put my right leg in and shake it all about, I put my left leg in and shake, oh wait ah ha so that’s what’s catapulted forwards, opps .
- June 11, 2021 at 6:58 am #503118Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4754 times
This is a neat thread Donna, and everyone else. I am having a problem with it though. It seems that every time I return to the thread to read new responses, I get an earworm. The song that keeps repeating and bouncing between my ears, trying to get out, is not really an annoying one, but it is also nearly 50 years since I can remember the first time I heard it. It’s easy to remember, not as easy as the ‘Band-Aid’ song though. Many of you know it, too.
It’s the little ditty that Monty Python used to sing…”I’ve Got Two Legs” as far as I can find or remember it’s real name in the skit. So, there is only one way to rid myself of it, and that is to sing it out loud. Sooooooo, here goes:
I’ve got two legs, from my waist to the ground,
When I moves them, they walk around,
When I lift them, they climb the stairs,
When I shaves them, they ain’t got hairs!
Thank You all! My head feels much better now.
- June 11, 2021 at 6:30 am #503112Amelia LoveLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 66Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 261 times
Interesting question… hadn’t really thought about it much until now but its definitely the left first. I’m guessing that since my right is the dominant leg it has to do with maintaining my balance with the strong leg. That’s the only reason I can come up with for my habit.
Hugs Amelia 🎀
- June 11, 2021 at 10:17 am #503170LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- June 11, 2021 at 2:28 pm #503239Amelia LoveLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 66Has thanked: 196 timesBeen thanked: 261 times
Well Donna I would hope that balance isnt an issue while putting on a jacket.. unless im drunk in which case it wont matter how i put it on as long as up/down and inside/out are the right way.. Saying that I had to go check… dominent hand (right) holds it for the left in first lol !
Hugs Amelia 🎀
- June 11, 2021 at 3:39 pm #503258
- June 10, 2021 at 6:50 pm #502938DeniseDuchessRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 101Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 330 times
Interesting… I might be a bit different… I guy mode it is always left leg first – undies, socks pants. As Denise – right leg first – panties, nylons, leggings or pants. Also the same difference for shoes…
I had never thought about it!
- June 11, 2021 at 11:57 am #503190Kristen SmithlyLadyRegistered On: September 25, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 39Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 184 times
- June 10, 2021 at 7:01 pm #502942LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
Hehe I know think no one never think about what do first as for putting anything on Did you know there like 2 ways to put on top for some like head first then left or right arm 2nd and so on. Goes for anything another one when putting on a bra do you put both arms in first then fasten and adjust or do you go left arm or right arm first then fasten and twist then adjust. The wonders of putting on things and work and thought of doing it. lol
- June 10, 2021 at 2:42 pm #502839GailLadyRegistered On: May 12, 2016Topics: 6Replies: 57Has thanked: 100 timesBeen thanked: 314 times
- June 10, 2021 at 3:40 pm #502861
- June 10, 2021 at 7:50 am #502651Stephanie KennedyPrincessRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 862Has thanked: 5587 timesBeen thanked: 3454 times
Hi Donna I have tried to put both legs at the same time by jumping but that never worked out. Putting on my panties can be a little fun to watch I try to hook one leg first and hop around the room until i get the other leg caught. Now jean’s that’s a whole other event. Both legs in at that same time while sitting on edge of bed . Now that I think t about I should create a Y tube movie. We all need a laugh. Getting dressed can not only be exciting it can be fun and funny at the same time. Its time now to go have some fun Thank you for your post.
- June 10, 2021 at 12:54 pm #502793
- June 10, 2021 at 6:21 am #502624PrincessByDawnDuchessRegistered On: April 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 42Has thanked: 83 timesBeen thanked: 102 times
Sitting on a couch, i would put both legs together, and then stand-up and Tie the hook / button.
If i am standing, i would first put it in my right leg followed by the left.
Before you asked, i was not even conscious that i used to wear this way.
- June 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm #502526
- June 9, 2021 at 9:36 pm #502523HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 281Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 1071 times
- June 10, 2021 at 4:06 pm #502878LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- June 9, 2021 at 1:54 pm #502404Jillian FLadyRegistered On: May 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 44Has thanked: 120 timesBeen thanked: 110 times
- June 9, 2021 at 2:51 pm #502429
- June 9, 2021 at 9:44 am #502305Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 85Replies: 1821Has thanked: 6494 timesBeen thanked: 10200 times
- June 9, 2021 at 10:33 am #502323
- June 9, 2021 at 9:38 am #502304Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 196Has thanked: 4328 timesBeen thanked: 1354 times
When in doubt I turn to the hokey pokey.
You put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in and you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around. That’s what it’s all about.
- June 9, 2021 at 10:32 am #502322
- June 9, 2021 at 6:11 am #502245MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 333Has thanked: 1212 timesBeen thanked: 1305 times
- June 9, 2021 at 6:58 am #502257
- June 9, 2021 at 5:14 am #502222Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 327Has thanked: 927 timesBeen thanked: 1521 times
Donna, how could you? You have totally screwed me up! These are things no one should ever contemplate. Now you’ve got me overthinking it. Can’t get my pants on now without falling on my arse.
Guess I’ll just have to sit here all day bottomless.
Bruised Bottom Clara
- June 9, 2021 at 5:14 am #502221Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 81Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 446 times
I seem to be ambidextrous to some degree. I am primarily right handed, but some of the tasks handled by my left hand include:
Using utensils (I can use either,but left is the default).
Power tools (circular saw, drills, etc. Which is terrible since many of these tools are clearly designed for rightys)
Hammer either hand is capable, but right is more accurate.
Shooting – I am left eye dominant so left it is. And this too is bad because so many weapons expel the shell casings to benefit the righty. I do have one rifle built for a lefty.
So what was my point? Oh yeah I go left leg first! And I wonder if my ambidextrous tendencies have anything to do with my ADHD issues? The ADHD is a real thing btw and not a crutch I claim….wasn’t diagnosed until well into adulthood and totally explained all the difficulties I had as a kid.
No I haven’t taken my meds today and I guess it kind of shows! Oh hey squirrel 🐿️!!!
- June 9, 2021 at 6:06 am #502243LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
funny say that Darcy my left hand left leg is the dom one but always seems when doing this and that start with the right. LOL go figure.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 9, 2021 at 4:30 am #502195Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 17595 timesBeen thanked: 4754 times
- June 9, 2021 at 4:54 am #502209
- June 8, 2021 at 9:09 pm #502123
- June 8, 2021 at 8:05 pm #502115
- June 8, 2021 at 8:04 pm #502114LadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 81Replies: 1071Has thanked: 7259 timesBeen thanked: 3941 times
- June 8, 2021 at 7:53 pm #502109Gail RichLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 57Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 207 times
When wearing jeans, shorts, socks, or any other male clothing, it is right leg first. A while back my wife noticed that when I put on pantyhose, it is left leg first. It is not a conscious decision, as I wasn’t even aware of it until she mentioned it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.