Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

Makeup. We all love it. Buying it, trying new colors, trying new ways to wear it, and more. Makeup is one of those fun things about being a woman that we get to enjoy. And as I was doing my makeup and putting on my eyeshadow, I thought about how fun it is to be able to coordinate my eyeshadow with what I’m wearing that day. Plus, there are so many different ways to apply and wear eyeshadow that I always enjoy applying it.

For me on most days, I like applying a base color to my eyelids just above the lashes and then applying a different, lighter color above that up to just below my eyebrows. That way it opens up my eyes and really looks pretty. Of course, if I’m going somewhere special that evening, then I’ll use darker colors and may blend in more than two colors to get a really dramatic look.

So of course that got me to wondering…

When you apply your eye shadow, do you use only one color or do you use two or more colors and blend them?

Hugs,

Holly

Currently, I use three colors – lightest at the outer corners, somewhat darker at the inner corners and darkest as you go outside extending just beyond the eye itself. Of course all of this is over the base or primer shade, which is pretty close to the first shade applied. Add to that eyeliner and magnetic style lashes (I have none of my own!) and it seems to work OK. I am interested and trying for new techniques and improvements always – I hope this forum post gives me some ideas!

Hi! I’m a 3 color gal! Fun to play with the many colors to shape my eyes! So many YouTube tutorials. Love, Debbie Lynn

I have 2 3 colour palettes, a blue and a purple one.

Most times, I stick with one colour, maybe 2 if I am adventerous.  I can’t get the 3 colour shading right and I wind up looking like krusty the klown.

That happened to me first time I tried to apply eyeshadow 😅

Okay, I will be the different girl! I use a 4 color palette, all eye shadow goes on after the eyeliner which features wings. The 1st color is a light champagne that goes all over the eyelid and sweeps up to the brow bone. 2nd is a dark sepia that goes where the wing is and sweeps up to where the outer eye brow ends. 3rd is a coppery bronze that goes on the outer eyelid just to where the pupil is, and the final color is a soft gold on the remainder of the eyelid. I have blue eyes, and this is a custom palette that was made with my favorite girl at my favorite MAC store. She says these colors really set off and display my blue eyes to their best. The photo of me in the dark teal sweater is how it all looks.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I’m still learning how to makeup, but mostly I blend 2 or 3 different colours of eye shadow and I look beautiful.

xoxo

Kate

Doing my eyes is very difficult as I need to take my glasses off and then it is difficult to see what I am doing. Hmmm
      Jojo xx

My normal Eye Palette consists of 5 colors and I use them all. Prior I also use a face primer which is like silk plus either a eye foundation or a regular foundation before using the shadows. My palette was chosen by a Lancome Nation Artist name Jason Leong during a session I had with him. It mimics the same color tones as I had previously from other professional makeup artists.

This is the Everyday look that can transfer from day to evening though I do make subtle changes if only going out in the evening.

I find makeup fascinating and love everything about it. IMO makeup is a Deal-Breaker for going out especially as you get older.

Sandy

I’ve tried many styles and very few of them involve one color (unless you count shades of the same hue).  My go-to these days is to start with a primer and then to shade light to dark as I work my way outward, often blending it into the wings of my eyeliner.  Lately I’ve been playing around with accenting the inside upper sockets and lower lids with a low-hue high-sparkle shadow and been pleased with the results.  But you know how it is, I’ll probably be onto something new tomorrow.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?