• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

We all know that if possible, we just LOVE to go out in public en femme, to be seen and treated as women. Now I realize that for some of us that isn’t possible for a number of good reasons, but for those of us that do have the opportunity to go out in public as women, do you ever do anything to draw attention to yourself? So that you will definitely be seen as a woman, that is? And I’m not just talking about wearing something that is really flashy or has a short hemline or something like that. I mean taking an action of some sort to draw attention to yourself as a woman.

I know that in general when I’ve gone out, I mainly dress to blend in (just another soccer mom at the grocery store…) and just go about doing what I’m doing, just as a woman instead of a man. That usually is enough to put me in a blissful state of happines on Cloud 9.

However…, there are some times when I intentionally do something to draw attention to me, as I really do want to be seen as a woman. And it’s usually that I want to be seen by a man.

For instance…

One thing that I really love to do is when I’m driving and I pull up to a stop sign or stoplight and I notice that there’s a man in the car next to me, I’ll pull my lipstick or mascara out of my purse and touch up my makeup in the rear view mirror. That’s such a girly thing to do! I do this because I know that when the man looks over and sees me doing that, (1) he sees a woman (Me!) doing something typically feminine, (2) he’s thinking how much of a silly woman I am to be applying makeup in the car when I should be paying attention to driving, and (3) he’s thinking to himself that he just doesn’t understand women! But it’s just so much fun to be a woman that I love doing things like that, especially when I know a real man is watching me!

I also will do something like ask another woman in a dressing room to help zip up my dress or what she thinks of an outfit I’m trying on, to get that sense of sisterhood that only women in dressing rooms share with each other.

So…, how about you? Do you ever do anything to draw attention to yourself as a woman?

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

I don’t consciously do anything to attract attention that I’m a woman, but I must be doing something subconsciously because I do get attention.

Gwyneth
        Lady

Being gorgeous might have something to do with it.

Anonymous

Dawn, that must mean that you’re absolutely doing it right!

Hugs,

Holly

I got tooted on Saturday, walking along the Holloway Road as Stephanie. I felt such a hot feeling within me. I thought: this is me, this is who I long to be.

I am not sure whether this is fortunate or unfortunate.  However, there is little doubt that I am a man when I am out in public.  I present exactly as who I am on daily basis — a man who prefers to wear women’s attire.  And I do so proudly and openly.  I do understand that my path is different than the norm for our community.   However, as is often said, we each must be true to ourselves.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Peggy Sue Williams
        Duchess - Annual

I do nothing to draw attention to myself, that is, depending on who is defining the meaning of “attention.”

For example, I do sometimes show what I believe is a modest amount of cleavage, and I sometimes wear particular skirts above my knee.  Fishnet pantyhose with seams up the back are a favorite of mine too.  I also love hair ornaments, such as flowers and large bows in the back of my hair.  Some persons may consider items such as this “drawing attention to yourself,” whereas I do not.

Many decades ago, when I was very much younger, I wore tight low cut tops, short skirts, and very high heels.  I was considered very effeminate, hung out with girls and got lots of attention, without making any effort.  My dressing was not intentional, because that was the way all the girls my age were dressing at that time, when we went out together.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I said sometimes. That also depends on what you mean by standout. I recently had my hair colored purple and my nails done again and sometimes wear dresses where only 1% of GG’s are wearing that. I do so prefer to wear pretty colors and patterns. So I suppose that I stand out in that I don’t like what I call the ‘feminine drab’. You know drab jeans, bland color top and sneakers.
      . . Cassie

Anonymous

I fully understand that, Cassie.

Those of us who crossdress tend to put more time and effort into looking pretty and feminine, more than a lot of real women do, so the “feminine drab” look you describe just doesn’t do it for us (or at least most times; there are times when women’s jeans, a cute top and sneakers are what makes the most sense).

Hugs,

Holly

Cassie Jayson
          Duchess

Even the wardrobe you describe, Holly, Is a problem for me. If I am wearing women’s jeans I want people to know that they are women’s. Something with embroidered flowers os with sequins on the pockets, because a lot of women’s jeans look just like men’s, they are just cut a little different. AND my sneakers need to be in women’s colors or styles.
          All this helps me feel more feminine when out.

. Cassie

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

No, I prefer to just “melt into the background”. “Sensible skirts and blouses”, opaque tights in winter. “In these Covid affected times” a mask on my face. Dress my “mature” age

I’m confident enough to go out as Caty in public, but  just look like a  woman doing normal things.. Shopping, out for a walk etc etc

Caty.

I’m not sure I’d consider this drawing attention to myself, as others have said, I’m just being me.  But when I go out for a walk through my neighborhood, I’m always wearing a skirt or a dress.  Even though it is a bit unusual, it has become my modus operandi.  Yes, even in winter.  I wear a longer skirt and an ankle length coat. Oh, and I’ve made a friend on my walks from passing quite a number of times.

But on occasions, I might dress more to stand out.  The last two years on Halloween I went out in a poodle skirt (with the required petticoats), white sweater top, white shoes with lacy ankle socks.  On July 4 I went out with a blue tank top, short red skirt, and white belt, and 3 tutu-sized petticoats, one red, one white, and one blue.  Both of these outfits can be seen in my private photo gallery.

I learned from my friend who used to throw themed parties that it’s OK to have fun, so I’m not afraid to dress in fun ways when appropriate.  One time she had a fairy party.  I dressed in my pink, very short maids dress with a pink tutu petticoat.  I made “wings” from two wire hangers, wide glittery translucent ribbon, and elastic to put it on.  I also had a glow stick with a star top which looked like a magic wand. When I got to her home, I had to park a half block away.  I was wearing the costume (I put the wings on after I parked) and was going to go out when I saw a man walking outside.  I hesitated for a bit, but then just decided to leave the car.  I never turned around to see if he looked at me (perhaps hearing the car door shut), I just walked into her home dressed as a fairy.

Because it has only been a couple of times, I can’t really vote sometimes.  I’m just voting for other.

Most of the time I blend in and try not to draw attention.  I’ve had experiences where men have tried to chat me up, bounce my bones or punch my lights out so I’m wary about attracting attention.  I’m at ease talking to women about anything so I can take or leave a conversation anytime.  However there are times when I think that I do plan on attracting attention and those are usually big social events that I feel very comfortable in.  Then it’s more like red carpet for me and time to bring it on!   So, out comes the Aluminum Dress (think Vickki Dougan in a silver sequin backless gown)  or my black bandage mini etc. or even a tux coat with heels and black tights.   YESSSSSS,  I know that when I walk in heads will turn.  That’s just my level of  fun for attracting a look and like the Beatles in Hamburg said “making a show”!  And while I can’t still go up thunder alley on my cycle at 95 while playing with the carburetor,  I can still have some fun on the dance floor spotlight.  An additional plus is that it’s a test to see that I didn’t eat too much turkey and can still fit in the outfit.

Thanks Holly,  You have the most interesting topics.     Marg

Not that confident. Yet.

I am cautiously working on it. Cautiously. Very cautiously.

Diane

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I don’t dress provocatively but I try to dress nicely. On those days that I feel good about how I look. I won’t hesitate to enter a large room or walk across the center of it. I really love being led across a restaurant by the hostess. I hate to admit my vanity but it’s just so pleasing when I catch people just watching me. I am older but I try to carry myself well and try to take care of myself. I really believe people enjoy seeing an older person dressing nice and getting out.

Anonymous

Roberta, you’re so right.

It’s nice to be noticed, so I don’t think that’s vain at all. As crossdressers, we put a lot of time and effort into looking pretty and feminine (often moreso than real GGs do these days), so it’s nice to get noticed and see that positive reaction from others.

Hugs,

Holly

I agree with both of you completly. If dressing nice draws attention I am fine with it. I also love to catch a man looking at me. Especially when you turn around and catch them red handed.

Anonymous

Indeed!! 🙂

Fiona Black
            Baroness - Annual

I almost always dress to blend in but on a few occasions I have not and I agree it’s nice occasionally to get some attention. I was walking through a mall once and a guy who was checking me out walked right into someone. Loved it!

Roberta Broussard
          Duchess - Annual

I just got back from a vacation. I probably shouldn’t say this but you need to be aware that I’m from Louisiana. Traveling across LA,TX, NM and UT. I almost never saw anyone dressed nicely. For  all of the angst CD’s have had over dressing and to see GG just give it up. It was very disappointing. What a joy it is to just play act like a girl. Then to see GG’s revert to looking just like the guys do. Bummy shorts and gym shoes with a logo blazened t-shirt.
          OMG, what I would give to be able to dress every single day. They have it, then just gave it up and to look like clones of their SO.

Anonymous

Roberta, you’re so right! I live in Texas, so know exactly what you mean (but then again, it’s already been over 100 degrees for more than a month, so women and men alike have to feel comfortable).

But still… Women in general seem to have given up on the notion of femininity, so it’s good that we as crossdressers have picked up that mantle (both literally and figuratively). Personally, I LOVE being dressed up from head to toe as a woman, it’s the best way to live!

Hugs,

Holly

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I first began going out dressed at 17, I wanted to show off my legs in pantyhose and heels. Short shorts were great for that. Ironically though, back then, lots of girls my age dressed like that, so in a way that was a blend in look for that time and age group.

Then at 18, when I got my own place and really upgraded my wardrobe, my look was if it’s not sexy and doesn’t show lots of leg in pantyhose, it’s an old lady look. Still, girls that age often dressed like that also. Competing with them, I had to push modesty limits.

Fortunately or unfortunately, my love and passion for showing off my legs in pantyhose and heels in very short shorts, skirt or dress never faded. There’s such an irresistible thrill there. I will wear things in the house that are just to sexy to wear out. Then in a burst of desire and boldness, I’ll wear that out.

But in the past few years, if I’m dressed at home but have to go out to do some things, I will often changed into a longer, more casual and not as sexy dress, and wear shorter heels or flats. I still want to feel that excitement, thrill and euphoria that only dressing in public can provide but not go to extreme.

Anonymous

Patty,

I think we all went through that phase when we were younger. And as we’ve gotten older, like a lot of real GGs we’ve come to understand the benefits of comfortable clothing that is still stylish and feminine.

But that doesn’t mean that on occasion I won’t wear a dress with a really short hemline and really high heels, just to show off and let the world know that older women can still rock it!

Hugs,

Holly

Patty Phose
          Duchess

Holly,

Yes, that was my style when younger. If not sexy or even slutty in some cases, I looked at it as old lady clothes.

So now at home, I often dress in sexy, too young for my age attire. It’s fun, stimulating and invigorating. To get the idea to wear that out seems silly and stupid, especially at my age. Still, I got the legs, I got breast forms and I have pretty hair. From a distance, or where you can’t see my face, I look quite hot and sexy. So if I go out wearing my too sexy to wear out outfit, there is a level of thrill and excitement that can’t be had from anything else. I actually feel young, sexy and desirable.

I know it’s silly, but what a thrill. Seems we are similar that way.

Patty

As I’m a fashionista… I can’t help being noticed for the clothes I wear!
      That cut, that colour, that style… oooooh! But that’s for me as I take after my mother… she was a fashionista in a time and place where people frowned when people were different! Good on her! And on me, I hope?

Pugs Polly

Anonymous

Polly, that sounds fabulous!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?