• Author
    Replies
      Heather Harrison
      Participant
      Registered On: August 3, 2020
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 103

Stephanie,

I’m so glad that the U.K. doesn’t experience the same level of violence as the U.S. Violence against women here is an everyday occurrence. The number of missing/murdered Native American women and girls is heartbreaking. Violence against trans women has gone up in the last few years as well.

I’m all for social commentary that is beneficial and may raise awareness for segments of our population that are ignored or discriminated against.

Love ya girls,

Heather

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Heather Harrison
      Participant

Hello girls,

After reading some of the feedback on my post, I just want to say that my intention wasn’t to offend anyone. I thought some of the points brought up in the video were informative and interesting.

As far as the violence depicted in the video, this is real girls. I spent 10 yrs as a law enforcement officer and 7 yrs. as a probation officer here in the U.S. I have seen the brutality the human race is capable of. I have seen some posts here from girls taking what I consider risky behavior, and I never want to hear of one of my sisters being hurt. That being said, I’m not promoting us living in fear, but developing an awareness of your surroundings, (situational awareness), and common sense. Things here in the United States are tense these days.

I have had people try to kill me and it isn’t a good place to be, but I’m still here thanks to my training and practicing situational awareness. If I can help others stay safe, I consider that a continuation of the oath I took years ago.

Again, sorry if this offended. Love you all,

Heather

4 users thanked author for this post.
        stephanie plumb
        Participant
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 88
        Replies: 773

Hi Heather,

You have nothing to apologise for.  Your intentions were good and I am sure many girls enjoyed the video. I guess here in the UK we are not used to violence against trans girls as much as you are in the USA. I suppose I was a little taken aback by a video about the gender spectrum that also contained a lot of social commentary as well.

Stephanie P

Genevïeve
      Participant
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 130

@Bianca said…. “being who I want to be rather than who I have been conditioned to be”

Yup… we are who we are…

Gen 💋

2 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Participant

I just had to comment on this documentary again.  It has haunted me ever since watching it. While laudable in many respects I just can’t get over some of the video clips included.  By “can’t get over” I mean I am distressed by one particular clip (presumably filmed by the perpetrators) of a girl, on the ground being seriously injured or more likely beaten to death whilst she is crying out “Don’t … Don’t.”

It sickened me…  which was the intent I guess ..  but has left me traumatised as well. It’s an image I just can’t get out of my mind.

It’s right to draw attention to the abuse and injury trans people have to put up with. But really?  Showing someone being beaten to death?  Sorry, but for me it went too far. The showing of extreme gratuitous violence, for whatever reason, is a step into the dark side.

So, girls, if you are sensitive like me, view this documentary with caution.

Stephanie P

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bianca Everdene
      Participant
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 527

Hi Heather

Thsnks for finding and sharing this wonderful documentary.

Splitting

1’sex’-who we are physically,(male, female, transsexual)

2’gender’-what we are conditioned to be, (masculine and feminine traits,clothes, expectations etc), and

3’sexuality’-who we are attracted to (heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual etc)

It really helped me with respect to an earlier post I made about the meaning of Trans in LGBT by separating out the sex (I’m happily male)and sexuality (I’m happily heterosexual)issues. It is specifically the gender issue I am ‘exploring’ and which brought me here. So I’m exploring my gender (being who I want to be rather than who I have been conditioned to be) —not my sex or sexuality.

From one’ Two spirit ‘ to another.

❤️B

Genevïeve
      Participant
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 130

There are just too many labels people put on other people…. we are who we are. Other people should mind their own business…

‘Can’t we all just get along???’

Gen 💋

Charlotte Bristol
      Participant
      Registered On: February 6, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 11

I think people are too concerned with labels. We are all different and all totally individual and unique.

The spectrum has an infinite number of shades. I think the rainbow is so well chosen to represent LGBTQ+ individuals.

I know I am bi-sexual (as I had a boyfriend before I was married to my lady wife), I consider myself gender-fluid and non-binary and possibly gender-queer as well ! (I’m just hogging all the letters!).

But if I was really a woman (I wish!) then I would definitely be a lesbian as I find the female form so pleasing.

Heather Harrison
      Participant

Hi Stephanie,

Don’t be sorry, I don’t mind constructive criticism at all. I’m still trying to figure out where I fit on the spectrum.

I agree that when we are born we are androgynous, and the way we are raised plays a huge part in what we become. When I watched this, My wife and I both commented on the scope of the film and there was a bias. That being said, the societal issues brought up were accurate.

I’d be very interested in what you have found regarding the science on this.

So no, my feelings aren’t hurt or anything like that. I love discussions.

Heather

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Isabella Lovejoy
      Participant
      Registered On: July 23, 2019
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 25

I look forward to watching this. Looks like it’s hit or miss with the other commenters… I’ve Always had a feeling of where I am on a “gender scale.” Since I was young, I always knew I was a little bit different. But I was always secure in my sexuality as straight. But I was very comfortable in male or female situations, hanging out with mostly women, cross dressing at a early age, probably 11. I didn’t start to have any attraction to the same sex until I was cross dressing regularly, and then only whenI was dressing and the other person was dressing as well, so to cross dressers together. But when I’m not dressing I have no desire for the same sex at all. I guess that makes me a cross dressing lesbian LOL. I’m grateful for my sexuality security, and while I wish I was able to express my feminine side more with family and the public, I’m satisfied with keeping it as my special routine for myself

stephanie plumb
      Participant

I have watched the youtube video.  Wow!  Its graphics and presentation are amazing. Aren’t there some truly beautiful trans women out there?   I’m sitting here now feeling what’s the point. I could never look like them in a million years. Mrs Shrek – now that may be attainable.

But …..   the science is somewhat dubious.  It’s based on late 19th century “science” with a smattering of brain imaging research.  Sure, there are differences in the left and right hemispheres, but there is no sound scientific evidence that it has anything to do with gender.   It is a myth ( newly labelled as  “neurosexism” that is still believed by 90% plus of scientists and teachers.  In reality both sides of the brain are involved in complicated math skills and creativity. The brain is plastic and open to change and rewiring based on experiences and the learning of new skills.

The myth believers also show that “male brains” are wired more front to back (logical) and “female brains” are wired more side to side (emotional). Yet the brains of newborns, apart from in size, do not show this difference!  They are more like “neural sponges” ready to be shaped by their experiences in the world.   The wiring or neural pathways are created by the way the child was brought up. Yup… if you were AMAB (a male at birth) your neural pathway development was guided by the male stereotypes and behaviours you learned by being raised as a boy, and not by differences in structure. There are differences in structure that were hardwired before we were born that make parts of our brain more typically female than male – and may explain our feminine gender identity  – but that’s for another time.

The documentary also failed to explain why trans people are the way they are. Yin/yang, male and female energy as explanation is pseudoscience at its worst.

All the above (and a lot of emphasis was placed on this) was an attempt to explain why some straight men are sexually  attracted to trans women, rather than explain the variations in the gender spectrum, and the neurological reasons for this.  CD’s hardly got a mention, neither did  lesbians and other gender groups.

She’s right about one thing though. The myth of the male/female brain is what has led to society coming to regard the binary male of the species as being superior to the female, and resulted in the prejudice against gay and trans people.

So if you are interested in why men fancy trans women this film is for you, otherwise it doesn’t really explain our position on the “gender spectrum” and seeks to perpetuate a myth that is rapidly being debunked by modern science.

Sorry Heather….

Stephanie P

Sa•man•tha
        Founder
        Registered On: January 21, 2018
        Topics: 261
        Replies: 1396

Hmm, while I think science is valuable, as something of a devotee of pseudoscience I can say I definitely feel energies inside me that I think of as either “masc” or “fem” and also sense these in others, as well as several other sorts of energies I regard as genderless or unisex, if human beings are energy in physical form or energy in motion it kinda makes sense?  No judgement or anything of course, I just notice what I notice.

stephanie plumb
      Participant

Thanks for this Heather. I will certainly look this one up.

I have been doing some research about the gender spectrum and its sister the feminisation spectrum, which is much narrower in scope. I will do a post on my take on the feminisation spectrum soon. Not in detail, or with a poll or test, but some general observations as to how it affects us.

Stephanie P

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 580

Right now, until I reach that magic 5 year cancer survival line, I would say, and my counselor would agree, that I am transgender not in transition.  But if you really look at one of the meanings of transition, I have been this way for most of my life, learning more all the time about who and how I was, and coping with the realization that I wasn’t just CD, or gay, or just weird, but much, much more.

It all became much easier to me once I finally accepted the truth of who I am and began to turn my life in the direction I needed to be happy within as well as with myself, fully transitioned or not.

Would that be considered more gender fluid, gender queer or what?  It doesn’t matter anymore to me, I am comfortable, and like ‘The Boss” Springsteen says, “It’s a sad man my friend, who’s livin’ in his own skin, and can’t stand the company.  These ARE better days.”

PaulaF

Alana Teal
      Participant
      Registered On: June 9, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 16

Stephanie,

I  can resonate with what you say. I am not at all passable on the outside and will have to keep my chest hair, and parts below my bellybutton. But I like to maintain myself hair free from the bellybutton down.  My wife knows this and also knows that I exclusively wear very girlie pink and floral panties 24/7. I would have to classify myself as a MTF lesbian on the gender spectrum.

Alana

Stephanie Bass
      Participant
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 743

Hi Heather as a stay at home girl i will look this up and watch it  but as Since coming here to CDH i have grown as the Stephanie in my heart and sole i feel more like a girl every day  . As we have chatted you know me and want to have you and others here as close friends  so im saying im not going for transition but i want to be as girly as i can with respect to my wife as her husband for her so im stuck im a revolving door of i dont know where im going i guess im happy as a man with a womans heart  and sole .

Hope thats not to confusing  because i am ..LOL..

Hugs girlfriend

💋 Stephanie💋

Tiff Any
      Participant
      Registered On: June 1, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 821

I’m definitely gender fluid , but mainly now on the female end , rarely venture to the male side 😊😊. Mannerisms , posture , body language etc all femme , sits well within me. Fortunately my wife understands & is comfortable with this .🌹🌹

Heather Harrison
      Participant

I’ll have to take the test, thanks! If you have the time, watch that YouTube video. It was very well done.

karley delaware
      Participant
      Registered On: October 23, 2017
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 370

Hi Heather…………..Jennifer Swanson posted “How Feminine are you?” and took the test to reveal I am casually feminine.    The site had other tests, and I was classified as Bisexual.

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.