Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Vanessa Law
      Managing Ambassador

Some people feel most safe dressing in their home, but for others the home can be a hostile place for dressing. Where do you feel most safe?

Anonymous

I feel most safe at home, but also feel fairly safe at an out of town GLBT bar. Whenever I go there en femme, I always get chatted up by at least one guy. (Some are merely curious; while others have romance on the brain). LOL! And, the other women there have always been very friendly and accepting as well. Finally, I feel fairly safe gassing up my car at night; although on one occasion this did lead to some “cat calls.” However, I have observed women receiving cat calls even during the daytime, so I figured that this was not so unusual.

Tabitha B

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

🙂 Wodnerful to hear Tabitha, sounds like you’re rocking it hon!

Anonymous

For me I’m pretty comfortable going most places I would dressed as my male self. I decided a long time ago I wasn’t going to let anything stop me from experiencing my life. I always dress venue and age appropriate so in general I believe most people don’t notice or don’t care. I’ve never really had a bad experience when interacting with the general public. But mostly I do tend to socialize in more transgender friendly atmospheres and that’s cool.

Vanessa Law
        Managing Ambassador

I just love what you said Melani – about not letting anything stop you from experiencing life. That’s a beautiful sentiment I wish more people in our community could hold on to!

Being at home feels very safe. I control who sees me and how I am dressed when they see me – more or less. My wife is supportive. It is a good place.

I also feel safe when I am out of town – where I am less likely to meet someone I know. I am more likely to go out in a place like Las Vegas than I am in my hometown.

Mostly I feel safe if I believe I am among those who appreciate me for who I am, or who mainly just ignore me. Sometimes there is peace in being just another face in the crowd.

I have a second job that allows me to dress up, but it’s also a “handyman ” style job.  My boss is one of my very close friends that help me dress.  She even went through her closet and found items for me to wear.  Other than that I dress in a locked room unseen.

Anonymous

well I  dress  in my apartment  where  I am safe for now  but soon really soon  I will be taking the very bold step of going out side dressed as a woman  with a friend  and meeting some of her girl friends

Anonymous

Well, there’s no place like home as the chick with the red heels once said, but I travel about quite freely without feeling unsafe. But I’m not complacent .. ever. Things can turn scary without warning.

I’m a big fan of trans events for the social aspect and often recommend them to girls looking for a venue for their public debut. I go to 4 or 5 trans events each year, and my wife usually joins me. She has fun too.

Canada feels very safe, the US feels less safe now than it did years ago. I’m hoping to get to the UK eventually and will report back on the feeling of safety there *giggle*

Anonymous

well I do have a FACE BOOK  friend that  sees me as a woman  and we have been messaging each other as sisters  and we are still planning  a girls day out  now with her girl friends  so I will soon be dressing as a woman and her sister  out in public for the first time  and I had told her to tell her girl friends about me and she told me that they where cool with me dressing as a woman

Anonymous

I dress at home almost every night, as I said in my profile I can’t wait to get home and get my girl on! I am trying to find venues and groups to visit with dressed and relaxed. I have been out semi dressed and wearing heels and most people don’t notice or don’t care.

I think my fears are mainly self generated. I am trying to overcome them by building my confidence. I will let you know how that works out.

Dressing at home or at a friend’s place feels really safe. Getting out into the world is not quite so safe but it is such a great feeling. I try to blend in so that I do not attract too much attention. Going to venues that are accepting of trans people is also good but I do like to go more mainstream sometimes. I think that we need to be thinking of our safety in much the same way as women do; as a man you might feel safe going out in the dark in a certain neighbourhood but a woman might not like to do the same.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Where do you feel most safe when dressed?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?