- October 19, 2021 at 2:23 pm #561794AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi! I was wondering where you girl’s prefer to shop at.
I love shopping online spending hours scrolling through women clothing.
Few of my favorite sites
Victoria Secret (underwear, lingerie, sports bras)
Nike (sport bras and socks)
Fashion Nova (sexy dresses and more)
Pretty Little Things
Macy (Mainly shoes)
Target (shape wear and shoes)
Lounge Wear (swim)
- This topic was modified 11 months ago by Gabriela Romani. Reason: Not a poll. Moved out from polls forum
- November 10, 2021 at 11:39 am #574514Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 469Has thanked: 1195 timesBeen thanked: 1966 times
- November 10, 2021 at 7:53 am #574425Jessica JeffriesLadyRegistered On: October 13, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
This is such a great topic. I luv fashion and am a true shop til I drop girl. I just luv getting all this great new info abt some stores that I just don’t know much about.
For me, i have always been an in person shopper but never in a skirt or high heel. Instead, I dress like the typical working woman when I hit the malls. Usually, fitted cords or a dress pant, tee, v neck sweater, low heel booties and no wire, unpadded bra. Some light makeup and a spritz of my favorite perfume, tresor, and I am on my way with a boyfriend style above the knee coat.
Most of the women shoppers on an early weekday are dressed similarly and those that notice my clothes, makeup or scent are very pleasant and give me the same smile that you would give to another woman on a similar shopping mission.
All that intro info aside, I luv all the usual US mall stores, VS, Forever21, H&M, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Ulta, Francesca’s, NineWest, DSW, etc. I have not had the courage to try on anything in the store but hoping that will change. Just luv spending the whole day there with a cup of cappuccino to start and a frozen yogurt as a mid-day treat (yummy).
Best purchases to date were a day where I started in VS, bought a strapless shapewear corset, matching panties and on my way to checkout, bought my first lip plumper and breast enhancing cream. Walking out with my VS pink bag always makes me feel very feminine and it was in that mood that I saw that a store that has since closed, Jessica McLintock, had a huge going out of business sale. It specializes in prom, homecoming and cocktail dresses. Total girly girl place. I went in and bought a halter pageant gown in siena with a kind of mermaid floor length hem. They put it in a pale pink garment bag and as I strolled out, I was in heaven but realized that of course I needed shoes. Thankfully there was an Aldo’s nearby and I soon was walking out of there with a 4” gold, strappy sandle.
To this day, I still don’t know which was better, shopping for the outfit or putting it on.
- November 9, 2021 at 8:47 pm #574233LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 729Has thanked: 2975 timesBeen thanked: 2113 times
My go to store is Macy’s ever since my wife was a part time night supervisor. She received great discounts for which I took advantage of.
Since the children were young (Leonara) Dad was mommy’s “Santa”. As I purchased for my wife an outfit for mom and one for Leonara… fast forward a few years, Leonara continues purchasing from Macy’s with sales. I buy mostly on line and pickup at the store… dresses, skirts, intimates, and shoes..I let
The sales associate guess when I am in handsome man mode whether my purchases are for me, wife, or girlfriend lol..
- November 9, 2021 at 8:22 pm #574227Jennifer EcclesLadyRegistered On: November 8, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 23Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 124 times
Although I spend a lot of time looking at clothes online, nearly all my actual purchases are at the local brick & mortar stores — Nordstrom Rack, Dillards, Victoria’s Secret, DSW, Macy’s, mostly. I’ve had rotten luck buying things online that actually fit, so I don’t even bother with that except for specialty items.
I did get good advice at Ulta, but I still buy nearly all my makeup at the grocery store. Can’t beat that self checkout.
- November 9, 2021 at 7:57 pm #574220Amanda WoodsLadyRegistered On: November 26, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 101Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 427 times
- November 14, 2021 at 9:19 am #575992
- November 9, 2021 at 7:28 pm #574210DeniseRegistered On: January 27, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 130Has thanked: 545 timesBeen thanked: 435 times
Great question!!! First off, you have an awesome list! Here are some of my favs:
1. Venus – Best for dresses
2. Lime Lush – Super cute casual styles
3. Shein – Incredible selection, not bad prices, but delivery is from China (I think) – So expect long shipping
4. I have just gotten hooked on Ulta – Unbelievable makeup selection. Very helpful SA’s too!
5. Torrid for instore experience. They are always very helpful and always suggest you try on selections, even when shopping in drab
- November 7, 2021 at 5:22 am #570008
- November 7, 2021 at 4:54 am #570000Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1556Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6407 times
My online purchases are scattered all over the net. I have recently been in some serious retail therapy with the fall fashions this year.
I am trying to keep my shopping in brick and mortar stores though, to keep from over heating my debit card. I have saved quite a bit as the stores do not have as wide of a selection as the web sites.
My favorites in no certain order:
Torrid, Maurice’s, Lane Bryant, JC Penney, Dillard’s, Cato’s and some thrifts for outerwear.
Shoe Depot for shoes
Local boutiques for special lingerie.
Even Wal-Mart for some items: leggings, stockings, socks, sweaters and general day wear for working around the house.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- November 1, 2021 at 4:49 am #566928
- October 31, 2021 at 11:57 am #566749Jasmine AndrewsLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 83Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 272 times
In person, I like to shop the local thrift stores and consignment shops.
Online, the usual suspects of Amazon and eBay are joined by Herroom, Shoeshowmega, and Torrid
- October 28, 2021 at 11:34 am #565415Coleen EdinburghLadyRegistered On: November 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 56Has thanked: 487 timesBeen thanked: 231 times
As we do not have these shops in the UK. I normally do my shopping in Marks & Spencer, Next, Dorothy Perkins. As I am a dresser of an age that is retired I dress older than Primark or New Look. My style in dress or skirt is A-Line full circle or pleated midi length. My go to fabrics are chiffon lace satin and silk I love the way these fabrics swish swirl and float. I love to go shopping in stores as you can see and feel the materials and styles. I find online does not always fit properly and when a lot of them arrive it is not as described.
Have fun dressing and shopping
- October 28, 2021 at 10:11 am #565397Jenny SheernessLadyRegistered On: October 27, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 25Has thanked: 165 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
I’m quite new to this but it is great to read all the replies above – though I can seen that most of the stores mentioned are not over here in the UK.
I have recently plucked up the courage to buy a few things from high street stores and try them on, which in itself set my heart racing and was a real thrill – I recently shopped at:
Both stores were fine with me trying things on, and didn’t bat an eyelid tbh. The girls were very friendly and I was able to take a whole outfit including shoes into the changing room to try on. So this is one great way to get a quick fix and try lots of stuff on just to see, even if you decide not to buy it in the end!
In fact the lady in New Look actually helped me try to find black jumper in my size after she asked if it was a present, and I said no, it’s for me – she did a bit of a double take but was professional and helpful – at least she didn’t just laugh me out of the store and instead was understanding and supportive. Sadly the jumper wasn’t the right fit, but I was appreciative of her help and thanked her.
So, to anyone wondering about trying things on, just go for it and use the changing rooms, no-one will be bothered, and you are unlikely to bump into the serving staff…. they will have probably forgotten about it within the hour….
I’ve not bought anything on line (yet) though see that some things would be easier that way.
We also have Charity shops (like your thrift stores?) and I have bought a couple of things from there – this is a good way to try things as they are relatively cheap, and helps the charity out too.
Hope that helps ladies. Take care, enjoy! xxx
- October 20, 2021 at 10:17 am #562134
- October 20, 2021 at 8:26 am #562087Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 205Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 843 times
Amazon like most people, but my favorite tend to be thrift stores. Local ones are generally better than big chains as well in my experience. The local Ann Arbor PTO usually has a delectable selection around that makes it my fav place to shop.
Outside of that shoeshowmega is a good place for shoes (shoe sizes up to 14), swap is an online thrift store. Then I frequently pick up new places based on what I hear from others, but rarely stay around.
- October 20, 2021 at 8:00 am #562070Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 704Has thanked: 4026 timesBeen thanked: 3323 times
I love scrolling through the online boutiques too! Easy to get sucked in for a while!
Here’s where I shop online (except my thrift store), and they all cater to alternative lifestyles. All are super-friendly to CDs.
1. Shapings – for hosiery (Canada). The selection is out of this world!
2. ShoeFreaks – for all my sensible and slutty shoes (Canada).
3. En Femme – made my first purchase two weeks ago, an LBD, and it really feels nice and looks sexy! (USA)
4. The Bay – a major Canadian department store (been around since 1680!). I’ve gotten some Wolfords on sale as a treat and some HUE tights. An autumn, pumpkin-coloured dress should be delivered today! Can’t wait! Or, I may end up saying, “What was I thinking?”
5. Value Village – a thrift store (Canada). A gold mine for us crossdressers!
6. Make Up – I usually get Cover Girl for the basics, mascara, lipstick, stuff like that any time I go grocery or drugstore shopping.
Have a great shopping day!
- This reply was modified 11 months ago by Barb Wire.
- October 20, 2021 at 7:26 am #562065Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 839Has thanked: 904 timesBeen thanked: 3770 times
I have a whole myriad of places I like to shop online :
Both offer excellent prices and selection
walmart (I usually go in person)
womens’ one piece swimsuits :
pretty much any sporting place as it sells the kind of swimsuits I’m looking for (ly sports, triboutique, sportchek, sportinglife, …)
aliexpress, not the cheap < $10 kind, but they do have some excellent fina approved swimsuits and at considerably cheaper prices.
my all time fave was le chateau but it closed down. however it is coming back but no firm date. Can’t wait as I’ll be hitting the online check out hard once it is online.
amazon but it is hit and miss.
wife and I used to go to laura but the one by our place closed down.
fragrancebuy or fragrancecanada, both have really good prices, selection, and sometimes even with shipping it is still cheaper than in the stores.
- This reply was modified 11 months ago by Wendy Swift.
- October 20, 2021 at 7:03 am #562062Stephanie KennedyRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1123Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4855 times
Hi Jennie I used to enjoy shopping on line.Especially during the pandemic I would get up early and go through those online catalogs and add those lovely clothes to my cart. When it came time to check out and pay. I was always in shock and had to go back to start to delete, it was painful but I did it anyway. My wife does not mind a cute outfit every once in while. Now she goes shopping with me only in person. Mostly Kohls, JC Penny ans some times Macy’s when we have the time and spare money. . Shopping has become one of my favorite things to do when I just want to get away from it all.
- October 20, 2021 at 6:32 am #562046Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 51Replies: 1481Has thanked: 389 timesBeen thanked: 5456 times
Mostly Amazon and sometimes ebay. It used to be mostly ebay but ebay sellers are now asking way for too much for their clothes plus the shipping has been going up and will be even worse soon. At least the Amazon shopping is free both ways.
- October 19, 2021 at 4:12 pm #561846Kimberly Ann VictoriaLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 232Has thanked: 859 timesBeen thanked: 867 times
- October 19, 2021 at 3:32 pm #561827Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 95Replies: 5405Has thanked: 7470 timesBeen thanked: 13914 times
I prefer shopping in person. Lane Bryant and Torrid are both CD friendly. And trying things on for fit is really the best so you don’t have to return them. Victoria Secret is also CD friendly and seeing something before you buy gives one a better look at how it’s made, the color, the fabric and the styling.
As you continue your little steps and build your confidence you’ll find shopping in person is a terrific experience.
- October 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm #561829AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Alice, Thanks for the response. I agree with you shopping in person is much better but I defiantly do not have the confidence yet to shop in person yet haha. Maybe one day! I had my trial and error shopping online. I was returning shoes and clothes left and right when I first started. I had to figure out all my sizes and what works with my body. But after 7 years, I’m pretty good with knowing which brand and size works with me.
- October 19, 2021 at 2:34 pm #561796AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I buy a few things online, but I really love to shop in person, and use the fitting booths. Kohl’s is my go-to place, but I also browse Dillard, Macy and JC Penney often. IF you can find your size, there are some great bargains to be had at Burlington’s also.
- October 19, 2021 at 2:40 pm #561799AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Lulu,I buy a few things online, but I really love to shop in person, and use the fitting booths. Kohl’s is my go-to place, but I also browse Dillard, Macy and JC Penney often. IF you can find your size, there are some great bargains to be had at Burlington’s also.
Wow! I wish I had it in me to shop in public! I get nervous even in VS fitting room with my wife. Kohl’s is another good one. Haven’t found anything there I like yet. Thank you for the info! I’ll look at Burlington as well!
- October 20, 2021 at 6:08 am #562039AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.