- Other (Have I missed your favorite?)
- June 15, 2022 at 4:12 am #653088Raquel SmithParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
What a wonderful site. I love all that CDH has to offer.
However, I find that I’m drawn to the forums first, because of the variety of topics discussed. I especially love to read posts about supportive SOs, because I get to imagine what it would be like to have my wife help me with my makeup, or go shopping with me for lingerie and women’s clothing, or take me on a girls night out. I also like to hear about your successful adventures going out alone while en femme, or about a particular brand/style of panties, or bra, or shoes, or makeup, or just personal life experiences, in general.
Of course, the articles are always top notch and well written and edited. And they are more like deeper, more detailed forum posts.
Then there are the daily photo posts. I love to see how you (we) successfully transform yourselves (ourselves) into beautiful ladies.
One, also, can’t forget the helpful links to products and services and advice from our business partners.
And last but not least, there’s chats. I will admit I’m not much into these. I have trouble keeping up with what’s what and who’s who.
What’s your favorite thing about CDH? (Did I forget to mention polls?)
- June 27, 2022 at 9:03 pm #658979skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1337Has thanked: 614 timesBeen thanked: 1881 times
I joined the site in August 2015 as member 118 (and currently am the 18th longest continuously active members. In the beginning, there WASN’T a chat room, and Vanessa wrote all or nearly all the articles. So it was the forums that I first devoured. In fact for most of that first year, I was usually the last(most recent) commenter on on nearly every forum post/topic, and the initiator of dozens of them. One of my early ‘nicknames’ was ‘STFM’ for ‘Skippy The Forum Monster’. In fact Vanessa told me that her developer asked her ‘who is this Skippy1965Cynthia person? Their name is EVERYWHERE-are they a hacker or troll?’ lol.
Then a few months after I joined, the chat room was added, and I dove into the deep end in there too! The ability to talk to others in our community all around the world was amazing, and I and a few others would spend hours each evening and well into the overnight chatting. Both the forums and chat were my only true ‘social life’ as I was extremely closeted then, though with encouragement from others here that began to change. The site membership numbers were much lower then (in the low hundreds) though growing exponentially to the tens of thousands over the next few years. Vanessa graciously asked and allowed me to publish numerous articles. As the membership roles grew, so did the volume of posts making it difficult to impossible to keep up especially as I began to have a real actual social life in ‘the real world’ rather than solely virtual. Similarly I cut back on the number of hours in chat as well.
Now I still post occasional forum topics, and when I have time I try to go 4 or 5 pages back in the topics to see what’s new there. Articles I keep bup with a little better as they don’t post so many so quickly that I can’t keep up. Chat I do 3–5 night a week depending on the season- usually from 11pm Eastern US time til 1230-2am, Sunday, Monday,Wed-Fri. Not every night but often enough. And of course I do my greetings to each new member every day as I have done since joining nearly seven years ago. In the early days, I was able to personalize each response and greeting , but as the site grew-and the number of new members reached 20 to as many as 40-50 per day-it became impossible to continue in that manner so I had to go to a general greeting and welcome or I would never do anything else. But it is not a bot doing them; I still go to each new member’s page-read the brief intro from their profile on the new members listing and offer a friendship request and greeting.
So I guess ultimately, I am split evenly on ‘faves’ between chat, forums, and articles. I do encourage those who like the articles and forums to scroll way back to see some of the older posts from the early days. Lots of great info that often goes unread by our newer folks. And remember as I say in my greeting, if you like something a member wrote and want to see other things they have written, you can go to their profile page and click ‘forums’ r ‘articles’ at the bottom of their cover photo and it will take you to all their writings.
- June 28, 2022 at 4:09 am #659015Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
Thanks for the history lesson, Cyn. And thanks to everyone behind the scenes. Seriously, I suppose I take it for granted that CDH exists, sometimes.
- June 16, 2022 at 9:10 pm #653654Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 792Has thanked: 642 timesBeen thanked: 3397 times
Sometimes I’ll follow a poll sent to my email. Often I’ll check my notifications for new thanks or replies, and follow those links to see who else replied to the forum posts where I added a reply. If I catch a “recent article” or “recent post” that looks interesting, I’ll follow that link. If I have time I’ll go to the forums.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 16, 2022 at 2:16 am #653341Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 402Has thanked: 1678 timesBeen thanked: 1920 times
I have to admit, I do look at the photos each time I open the site. I love seeing all the happy faces that are just trying to be who they know they are. Many, like me, do not go out, so this is their only means of showing everyone who they are. After that I always check the polls and articles, and of course, my messages.
- June 16, 2022 at 4:13 am #653355LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
Thanks. Yes, sharing photos is one way of “getting out there”. It builds one’s courage and for some may actually lead to one day, stepping out en femme.
- June 15, 2022 at 8:59 pm #653297Marlene KayeLadyRegistered On: September 11, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 22Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
I like to look for anything about pantyhose, stockings or tights….thats where it all starts for me…..thank you CDH….I Love Wearing Pantyhose!…..there I said it openly….(heart just pounding with excitement)
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Marlene Kaye.
- June 15, 2022 at 1:27 pm #653212Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 63Replies: 239Has thanked: 5258 timesBeen thanked: 1922 times
CDH is a great site but I find that I look less than I used to. I wish CDH was able to do a better job categorizing topics and had a search engine to find postings and articles. Girls tend to be repetitive and it would make it more manageable with those type of changes.
- June 15, 2022 at 12:42 pm #653200Scarlett398PrincessRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 584Has thanked: 1644 timesBeen thanked: 1568 times
l usually go to All Crossdresser Photos first to thank any of the girls who may have sent a sweet little note in response to one or two photos I’ve recently posted.
Next stop is the Article Section to check for articles in the Pending section needing an editor. I’ve been an editor in that section for five years now and have had so much enjoyment helping girls getting their interesting articles ready with an official publishing date. I was Brina MacTavish’s very first associate editor when she took over managing the Article Section five years ago. She’s been a real thrill to work for and so helpful on so many questions I’ve had from day one right up to the present. She’s also the writer of at least four books! Thanks for always being there for me Brina!
Sincerely, Scarlett ❤️
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Scarlett398. Reason: Misspelled word
- June 16, 2022 at 4:16 am #653359
- June 15, 2022 at 9:55 am #653155Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 96Has thanked: 604 timesBeen thanked: 495 times
I don’t have a particular place I go to first, if something catches my eye I’ll follow the link. I did select Other in the poll because I use private messaging a lot rather than the Chat facility which I struggle with and find confusing due to my dyslexia.
- June 16, 2022 at 4:18 am #653360LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
I’m not “royalty” like you. 😉 My basic account doesn’t allow me full usage of some features, but I thoroughly enjoy the site regardless.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Raquel Smith.
- June 15, 2022 at 9:47 am #653152Mary PriscillaDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: May 23, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 103Has thanked: 182 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
- June 16, 2022 at 4:21 am #653362LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2881 timesBeen thanked: 2677 times
That’s a great idea. I’d never thought of it. But, then again, I have a very small wardrobe and wouldn’t have anywhere to hide it if it expanded.
- June 15, 2022 at 7:54 am #653136Kristen SmithlyLadyRegistered On: September 25, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 107Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 545 times
- June 15, 2022 at 7:42 am #653130Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 174Has thanked: 487 timesBeen thanked: 821 times
That’s pretty much the way I am. I like to scroll through the forums and read the articles, even about subjects that don’t apply to me, because I find even those can be helpful and educational. I’m still staying away from the chatrooms though, I guess I’m a bit too nervous of making a hash of it; I tend to avoid typing the first thing that comes into my head and replying to forums gives me a chance to think and edit before posting. Chat seems too fast for me.
- June 15, 2022 at 7:18 am #653121Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8119 timesBeen thanked: 6447 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.