Tagged: 

Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

for those of us who have been out dressed (or shopping in male attire) where do you shop for your feminine finery IN PERSON?

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by Samantha Roarke. Reason: Just playing with Billie Jay! Kisses!

Hi Billiejay I do shop for femme items in person, but not of the shops listed above. I usually shop in charity shop and super markets, like Asda and Tesco. Have been tother shops on one shopping trip but with the UK being on lockdown most shopping is cancelled unless it’s in supermarket.

Love Trish

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

see, the possibilities are endless!

I neglected to put in Charity Shops/Goodwill, and I forgot (c)Ross Dress for Less, as well as the ever-popular “Other”

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by BillieJay.
      Anonymous

[postquote quote=435961]
      I think the tallying isn’t being done right!

Since the early days of my crossdressing, one of my greatest pleasures has become shopping. Never gave a hoot about shopping for men’s attire, but pretty things? Different story. Hooked.

So may I put in a word for in person shopping. The list of stores above is long but not exhaustive. But wherever you choose to spend your mad money, I’d encourage you to do so locally and in person whenever possible. We have lost so many brick and mortar stores to the internet and now to Covid it is very disheartening. On line shopping is easy and private, I know. But it pales in comparison to holding your potential purchase in your hands, holding it up to get an idea of fit, maybe trying it on, and then engaging with a real person at the checkout. Not only do you feel a nice rush of excitement, in person shopping is a huge confidence builder.

We have lost a lot of retail stores already. Our malls, perhaps one of the most common places girls make their en femme debut, are in deep trouble. I don’t want to appear to be a dinosaur here, but these stores and their employees need our support. It would be a shame to lose too many more.

So whether in drab or en femme, think about supporting your local stores. And of course you should look for Diane Crowe at Goodwill and Bettylou Cox at Kohl’s while you’re out there.

Best,
      Clara

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

I totally agree! that option is the “boutique stores” I have in the poll… to me, by far the most fun of all the options in the list!

Anonymous

I’m with you, Clara. As a guy, I went shopping about once a year; but Bettylou can’t get through a whole week without at least one shopping trip. And where would we be without ou malls? Sears is kaput, Penney is in bankruptcy, and Macy just announce a slew of store closures. Without these anchor stores, the malls will die. Shopping in person is more fun, anyway, isn’t it?

Hugs,
        Bettylou

Janice
      Duchess

Hi BillieJay. I agree totally with Clara Cross. We all should support our local shops. That being said, I do shop en femme and in person as well as online. I shop big stores, little stores and all in between. I had an interesting experience in Boscov’s, a local department store, I was checking out a top and a woman approached me and said “That top would look great on you because you’re tall”. I felt so excited and thanked her profusely. So girls I think anywhere you shop in person you and your money will be greatly appreciated.
      Janus

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Don’t recognise that many stores in that list and at least Forever 21 is no more in Canada but I bought some heels there when they where around.
      As some said, thrift stores but also Winners and misc discount stores.
      I don’t feel I need clothes that will last forever so the cheap stuff in cheap stores is what I go for.

/kt

Hi BillieJay,

A great question!  Lately, my in person shopping has been mostly at Torrid, Victoria Secret, or Lane Bryant.  Often Goodwill or other resale stores will carry larger sized clothing with the tags on for great prices.  In many boutiques I find smaller sized items that are overpriced.

Alice

I like to shop at Walmart mostly , target some times,  J C Penny is no longer here in my state or macy”s .    good will some times is a good place and cheap.

Anonymous
      Lady

Outlet stores do well for me shopping in femme. Although i picked up a dress in White House Black Market while in drab and the clerk ask if i wanted to start a room. LOL. I was really just christmas shopping for my wife but it mustof been the way i held it up to me that clued her in. Rack Room has an outlet store with 11 and 12 size shoes that fit my mens 11 feet well and their 10 to 25 dollars with a bogo 1/2 price on second pair! Deal!!

have fun shopping all!

Jessieg

Anonymous

I checked Walmart, Penney, Kohl’s and Macy; to which I would add Old Navy and Dillard’s. And I’ve looked in Ross and Burlington, but don’t recall any purchases.

I missed the part about shopping in ‘male attire’. I would have to purchase some male attire first since I don’t have any.

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

I said dressed (meaning crossdressed) or in drab…

Sorry about that, I either need some windex for my eyeballs or my bra is too tight.

BillieJay
            Managing Ambassador

no worries, hon

I checked off “Target”, “Wal-Mart”, and small boutique stores. I used to shop at the surrounding stores of my workplace to get clothes. I didn’t want co-workers to see me shopping for dresses, makeup, etc, and start to gossip or anything. The first dress I bought was actually from an Old Navy down the street from my workplace. After a while, I stopped caring if my co-workers saw me or not. Some of them have, my boss has too, and he doesn’t mind me x-dressing. Matter of fact, after talking with him once, I’ve come to find out we’ve been to the same gay bar before! So in general, I get items from Target, Wal-Mart, my workplace Ross, and sometimes thrift shops.
      -Margeaux

Anonymous

With mask requirements and self-check, it’s so much easier to maintain your anonymity – if you need to – in stores like WalMart and “Tarjay.” .

It is good to see the ‘small boutique’ listed.  I really like the small locally owned shops as it is easier to be on a first name basis with the owner and get some special orders done than you can at a chain store.

Torrid and Lane Bryant are my favorites of the majors, but I have shopped LB off and on for many years.  Burkes overstock is also becoming one of my favorites now too.

PaulaF

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve bought clothes everywhere starting with pantyhose at JC Penney when I was 13. Then I decided to try other brands and bought them in numerous stores.Then when I began to dress more I went to more and more stores to get my clothes.

I love JCP and Kohl’s for in-person shopping and, sadly, in-person returns (when will the dressing rooms reopen?!?!).

I also love Famous Footwear for shoe shopping. The lady there really knows, and loves, shoes! She’ll go on forever about them and i’m happy to try on all her ideas.

I would say about 90 to 95% of my shopping is done in person dressed as Sandy. I LOVE it and feel it’s the best way to buy anything. It has to fit and look great on. If I don’t love it I don’t buy it. Models look fantastic in catalogs or online but how it looks on me is very different.

Top stores are in no order: Nordstrom’s, Macy’s, White House Black Market. All are awesome with exception service.

Beyond this I shop at many places that sell women’s clothing or accessories. In the list I have shopped Pennys, Forever 21, Kohl’s, Victoria Secrets, Walmart and of course small boutique stores.

I like malls because there are many choices to shop and generally more items to choose from.

Sandy

Shopping? Did  someone say SHOPPING!! YES, the answer is always YES!!!

This post was brought to you via the Pink Fog!!

Whenever we travel to the US, I always hit up walmart/target.

Walmart’s I love the fact that there is no SA roaming around and  you can browse to your heart’s content.  However, Walmart’s clothing style is rather “dated”.

Target is way better, I love their styles and roaming around the women’s area no one bats an eye.

JC Penney is awesome.  Huge selection, I feel like a kid in a candy store in JC Penney.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I bought my first pair of shoes at Target, at the store where I worked for 40 years.  A few months later just before Christmas of 2019 my grand daughter said she would like a pair of leggings for Christmas, So I got her a pair and one for myself plus a LBD and another dress.  A few months latter I bought shoes at Walmart.  This last Christmas season I went to Penney’s to get some ear rings and stopped at Sephora in Penney’s to buy some makeup.  Did this all dressed in drab, most people don’t care.  I’ve walked into several other stores both in fem and in drab but not purchased anything yet.  afraid to spend the money right now.

Sandy

I bought my first femme clothes item, a Maidenform panty, at my local super grocery store. It’s still my top choice.

I next moved to the big box stores: Wal-Mart, Target, Meijer, and K-Mart (before they closed). I still buy from the remaining three.

I then leaped to small private owned boutiques and 2nd hand/charity or resale/consignment stores. One private owned boutique is my goto favorite for lingerie. Looked in a local Goodwill and left with nothing.

I’ve had no success in clearance stores like TJ Maxx, Ross, and Burlington (I put Kohl’s in this group). I’ve got a few clothes from ultra discount store, Roses.

Next I expanded to the chain stores of centers and malls; I have bought from Lane Bryant and Victoria’s Secret. I’ve browsed Torrid, but have yet to buy from there. Even bought from Hanesbrand at an outlet mall. I usually avoid high-end mall anchor stores, and I include Macy’s and Dillard’s in with Saks and Neiman Marcus. JC Penny’s and (Sears, though now gone) are more my budget. However the clearance racks from Macy’s and Dillard’s are starting to show me glimpses of hope, even Nordstrom’s might soon pull me in.

I will browse in any store that sells women’s clothes and buy if I find something within my budget. I also buy from lingerie/adult novelty stores and a CDer specialty store called Janet’s Closet. However this COVID society shutdown has basically ceased my leisurely shopping trips, so I’ve mainly been shopping at only the first two store examples in this post.

Hippie
      Lady

I go where ever it is sold, if I got the cash and the time. I am shopping

Emily
      Lady

I have bought clothes in target, Walmart, brand name shoe stores, and more. But, the majority of things come from thrift stores such as Goodwill or Salvation Army. I find the best deals on the nicest things at both of those places. I used to shop in drab and be concerned people were judging me. Now I do most of my shopping en femme and feel much more comfortable. Any interactions with sales people has been positive to this point. A few even complimenting me on my taste in clothing.
      Fun question! Thanks for asking it.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Any store that is still open. But I do like Maurice’s.

Prudence,

Maurices is my go to place for jeans!

Most of mine are from Lane Bryant & Torrid.  Bras & panties  sometime a top mostly from Lane Bryant. Torrid love their 360 Bras the last one is on my profile

Jasmine
      Lady

I go to many different places Walmart JCPenney’s stores in the mall but my favorite place is a little Boutique in the hometown that is ran by my now friend that I made years back when I first came out to her that I was a cross-dresser she always looks out for me

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi BillieJay
      Have ticked BigBox stores but being in the UK it has been ASDA ( was a Walmart subsidiary ), Sainsbury’s, and Next.
      Have only just started going to these stores dressed en femme. Had previously shopped for Rachel items at these stores when in drab but primarily for undergarments with my shopping for things like dresses being by Internet. Think I am still a way off having the confidence to ask to use a changing cubicle.
      Rachel

I did all my shopping at stores like Purple Passion and DeMask in NYC and Dream Dresser when it was in DC. I would also shop on Ebay and order things like satin corsets from Versatile fashions and things like Italian silk lined kid leather opera gloves from the old Maitresse catalog.

I purchased my favorite pair of thigh boots in NYC at Stiletto on 8th St. I also shopped a few times at Lee Brewsters boutique. Any girl who was there could never forget the experience of taking an elevator up from 14th St.

I would buy things like stockings and garter belts from Victoria’s Secret or Macy’s at the Herald Square store.

My favorite place to shop was at Jessie’s Bridals in Vineland NJ. Jessie would measure me and then take my sketches and make my designs real. She even made a leather dress for me once.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?