Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

We recently moved and while moving my wife noticed this big oversized suitcase she has never seen before. She asked what is in there.  I casually just mentioned “Play Clothes” and she knew what I meant.  She knows of my crossdressing (is sort of accepting) as we share a lingerie drawer together but she has never seen me totally dressed (and currently doesn’t want to).  I keep the suitcase in the basement utility room behind the furnace out of site. Which raises the question “Where does those who are closeted keep there stash of clothes? (and those that aren’t can chime in too. 🙂 )

In several places, as I have too many things to put into a single suitcase… shopaholic!!

I hang my dresses in a zippered wardrobe, with pants, shirts, intimates, wigs, and makeup in a big footlocker that I got when deployed to Afghanistan with the Army… all are kept in the basement storage room…

initially, this was hidden from everyone, but my wife knows… she is supportive (mostly), but does NOT want to see me dressed.

Mikayla

Trisha
      Duchess

I keep all my clothes in the closet hanging neatly. All my intimates in drawers in the dresser. Shoes in totes in the closet.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Robinette, since your wife knows (though only sort of accepting – as is my wife), why bother to hide your lovely play clothes in a suitcase?  All my “play” clothes are openly visible hanging nicely in closets, folded properly in chests of drawers, etc.  I’ve even told my wife to feel free to borrow anything she’d like (though she is a bit smaller than me).  CDs usually have quite an investment in en femme clothing so the clothes should be stored properly and treated well.  Maybe ask your spouse if you can hang your clothes in a spare bedroom closet or build a new closet in the basement.  My wife’s only condition is that my femme clothes are not out on display when our kids come home for a visit. She has a strong opinion that I cannot tell our kids that I’m a CD.  If that’s your situation as well, then I can understand the suitcase, but I still think that building a new proper storage unit for femme clothes could work.  The kids don’t need to know that they are your clothes and not their mothers.  Good luck with solving this.  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Hi Krista, Thanks for the reply. I actually hang a bag with 1 wig, 1 pair of shoes and one outfit in my closet behind suits. Just started recently. Need easy access when she takes off for an hour or two. If she finds it I think it’s no big deal. Small steps right? If she saw everything I have it probably would overwhelm her. I keep thinking one of these days to share it all with her. Timing is everything.

I bought a massive wardrobe for the study, which only I use.

It’s groaning at the seams, but it’s better than bin bags on the loft, that’s for sure!

Love Laura

I keep what little I have in a duffel bag stored with all my camping and backpacking gear.

That is a clever question. My grown kids have keys to my house but with better things to do they had no reason to visit my wife’s and my closet. My new outerwear garments hang openly but innocuously among my late wife’s clothes. The true part of my story about why I keep her clothes is that I don’t want to erase her. The private part is that I discovered my trans condition from crossdressing in her clothes that fit me.

Exploring my closet for holiday supplies and unknown to me, one visiting grown kid encountered my garments but apparently presumed that they were Mom’s. In the same closet she did not explore a suitcase and a carton labelled as duffels that in fact contain my cosmetics and hair items. When making up, I simply open those by my vanity.

She asked whether other holiday items might be in my wife’s bureau of drawers. Alone, I found the sought items there in a drawer adjacent to my lingerie, some of which was my wife’s, but not the breast forms and gaffs.

Anonymous

I have an office in our basement. It has a closet and my clothes hang in the closet. Make and wigs on top shelf. Sometimes my wife will do laundry and hang my clothing in our bedroom closet. Not really stashed, but that is where they are.

Hippie
      Lady

I have not stashed my clothes in a very, very long time. I would say It would have to be in the late 90s or very early 2000s. The best place I would stash them was in dress clothes, like my tux and suits. They didn’t get wore that often, so they made the perfect hiding spot

I use a section in the closet where many of my old suits and a tux hang but are never disturbed. I also have a stash of knickers in an old game that no one is interested in in the game closet. My collection is growing, so I may have to branch out a bit!

Before I came out to my wife, I used to keep my stash in small cardboard tool boxes in the tool room.  For example, I bought a jigsaw and kept the box, and used that to stash some of my clothing.  I became really good at folding clothing and then squishing everything down so it could fit into numerous small boxes.

I have an old maple portable closet (in the basement) that I received from my wife’s grandmother when she entered the nursing home earlier this year. Prior to that, I had two storage bins.  Wife is aware, however does not want to participate in anyway shape or form.  Have to keep it out of my kids eyes.

So all my dresses, blouses, skirts are hanging with my heels and other shoes are in the bottom. The intimates are in my dresser drawer.  I still have some items still in the storage bin as they don’t fit in the closet or anywhere else.

Gloria

Hi Robinette, I’m keep most of my thing in my sister’s flat. Let’s me use it when she’s not there. Some things at my friend house. The clothing I keep at home is under my mattress ATM. Moving in with my sister soon though so it’s all gonna go in a wardrobe nicely soon.

Love Tish

A locked desk at work. It would take a act of God or an act of our national HR to open that desk.

Lee Ann

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

his topic is a like a spring flower “hardy perennial”…. Just an observation, not a criticism…

If you have such a facility close by, go get yourself a storage unit. They are very secure and at least at the one I use, I have the only key.

And if the $$$$ will allow, get one big enough so you can be like me!!

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/in-storage-isolation/

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/a-storage-nana-nap/

Mine is 3m x 3 m(10ft sq) and has all manner of not only Caty’s stuff, but male things like vintage guitar amps and old sporting posters.

If you set it up right, it can be a veritable “CD home away from home”. I got lucky, with natural light and power. I carpeted the floor and put an old student desk in there as well

Very comfortable….I bought a proper retail store dress rack, (See photos),  have other types of racking and an old stationery cupboard for shoes, wigs, breast forms and make up .

I also keep a drying rack and and ironing board an iron down there, to dry out my lingerie. The iron is used to iron my silk lingerie pieces and make them look “just so”. (I do Caty’s laundry here at home when the “boss” is out…)

I also put a room freshener in there and as my lingerie dries it picks up a lovely feminine aroma..

At home my beloved and I sleep in separate rooms at opposite end of the house. (We are both lousy sleepers.so..)

Thus my lingerie and breast forms all reside in cupboards and chests of drawers within my room.

I thoroughly enjoy bringing my clean lingerie home and carefully folding it and putting it a nicely scented dresser draw.

“Male me just throws the equivalent to the above in a  draw wherever I think it will fit.!! LOL..

Happy dressing.

Caty

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?