Viewing 50 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

I know some of you have extensive wardrobe collections that would make Stevie Nicks envious! 😄

Sadly, not I.Β  Though my wardrobe is…. reasonable – perhaps a dozen dresses and skirts and at least as many tops – the one area I have neglected is shoes!Β  I am woefully deficient in footwear ( thanks Stephanie B – your recent post made me think of this ).Β  4 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of boots, that’s it! ☹Β  I do have a couple of androgynous looking pairs, but my collection is …sad.

Dresses, check.Β  Skirts, check. blouses andΒ  T-shirts, check.Β  Sweaters, check.Β  Lingerie, check.Β  Panties and bras, check of course, lol.Β  But shoes?Β  FAIL!Β  Now that spring is around the corner I really must address this issue!!Β  Maybe it’s because finding shoes that fit at a good price is the most difficult thing to find.

I am wondering, any of you girls have “holes” in your wardrobe that need to be filled??Β  Is there one area or item you are lacking in?Within reason now…Β  I do not consider 20 pairs of shoes, or 40 panties “deficient”.Β  lol.

(Almost) Shoeless Stevie 🙂

Sadly, shoes for me as well. I have two pairs of heels, one red and one black. I have big feet so they are hard to find, especially at thrift stores. I bought a pair of women’s sneakers last week that looked cute in the picture. In real life they look like a couple of boats.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Michelle shoes do seem to be the hardest thing to find at a reasonable price.Β  I have been lucky finding a couple of size 13’s at the Thrift store, but it’s rare seeing that size.

Stevie I have also seen a few 13’s. I wear a 14.5 or 15 and there is not much to choose from.

I currently own only 3 pairs of women’s pants and tons of undies. That’s it at present. I only recently braved wearing a pair of pants in public and it was a great thrill. I hope for more. Time will tell.

Hoping,

Catherine

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Womens pants are always a great start Catherine.Β  A few feminine t-shirts or sweaters would go great with those!Β  Still subtle, but girly. 🙂

Stevie

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hmm… “fashion sense” is what I lack most! LOL!!

I’m only lacking something if I need it for something. So, for the upcoming St Patrick Day’s Pub Night, I’m getting a very nice feminine and very green sweater as part of my outfit.

I have 4 pairs of shoes of varying heights, 2 are black and the others are red and fuchsia. My 3 inch pumps are my go-to shoes for any outings because I can WALK in them! The others are 4.5 inches and higher and they’re stupid, but they do make me look HOT!!

My go-to place for shoes is shoesfreaks.ca and they have sizes 13 and higher. Prices aren’t bad and they loves CDs!! I also like The Bay for my dresses, skits and sweaters and go straight to “Forever 21” because they have XL and it fits me perfectly! I’ve gotten dressed from them for $15!! However, I’m starting to wonder if they’re made by exploited child laborers. I hope not.

Keep it unbuttoned!

Barb πŸ™‚

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Barb, 2 or 3 inches is all I can handle and that’s fine, I’m tall enough as it is!Β  Oh dear, my legs would look like they go onΒ foreverΒ if I wore 5 inch heels!!Β  Hehe.Β  And, I would probably fall down too, lol.

Stevie

I too lack shoes, I have 3 pairs of pumps, a bootie, a shootie, and a pair of flats.Β  That being said, I don’t head out too often and my wife doesn’t like me wearing shoes in the house as it may scuff up our floors.Β  So my collection of shoes is is fine as it stands.

What I don’t have is a nice coat for outside.Β  I use my wife’s semi long tan trench coat if I head outside en femme, but it doesn’t happen often.Β  Like the shoes, I can’t justify spending $$$ on a coat that I may use once in a blue moon.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thanks for the reminder Wendy.Β  I will need a spring jacket too!

Stevie

My wardrobe is quite adequate in terms of quantity, and quality, but I often find it lacking, when it comes to having lots of items that coordinate well with other items. I used to buy everything that I thought was cute, but have found it helpful to concentrate on one or two outfits at a time. I am not at all lacking in the shoe department as evidenced by my wife’s complaints. Even wearing a size 11, I have been able to build a nicely varied collection of shoes, everything from sneakers to heels, both at retail and in thrift stores.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Ahh, size 11 would be so easy to shop for!Β  I too have finally moved on from things that just look cute to things that do go together.Β  Matching is important!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Where’s my wardrobe lacking? Space!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Angela, all your wardrobe is missing is a large walk in closet then, eh? 😁

Stevie

As Angela mentioned, β€œCloset Space” is also one of my deficiencies.

Anonymous
      Lady

When I think of my wardrobe I want to cry remembering all those nice beautiful things I purged the last two times. Not doing that ever again! Now I want some dresses and pants and a girl can never have enough heels can they? Unfortunately size 14 is not easy to find… oh to be less.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Michelle I find size 13 hard enough to find, I can only imagine how much more difficult size 14 is!

Let’s not mention purges anymore hon, I feel your agony.Β  Oh, the pain of so many lost clothes… 😪

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Stevie.

Ok no more mentioning purges.

Don’t want to get in trouble with the CDH Post Police.

Stevie Steiner
            Managing Ambassador

Lol, oh I don’t think you have you worry about that dear!Β  🙂

Variety.Β  I have a 3 skirts, 2 dresses, 2 leggings, 2 button down blouses, two sweaters, two pull over tops, and two pair of shoes.Β  I can mix and match but really need to go shopping.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

A little bit of everything, eh Nancy?Β  And of course like all girls, you always want a little bit…. More! 😁

Stevie

Peta Mari
      Lady

Boots. Belts. And wigs. We live in a small cabin. (Did I say small.) The outside is uneven hard ground. Not conducive for heels. So I don’t have any.

Some boots would be appropriate. A wide belt to go around tops or dress would give more of the illusion of curves. (I don’t have forms. )

A wig or two would allow experimenting with styles and colors.

I’ll add a 4th. Jewellery. Rings, necklaces, bangles.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Thank you Mary Jane!Β  Belts are something I had ignoredΒ  as a fashion item.

And jewelry is a whole new subject.Β  I definitely need more bling my life!

Shoes! Size 13!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Yes!Β  I heard that!Β  Size 13’s please!Β  😁

Hi Stevie,

Torrid carries shoes to a 13 extra Β extra wide. Β Our store carries to a 12 (in store) but often has 13’s from returns. Β On line you can find the 13 WW shoes, boots, casual shoes. Check out the web site at Torrid.com. Β They are CD friendly so the associates are really helpful.

For saving your dollars look at the clearance section. Β The sales often can save you another 50%. Β I’ve also seen clearance sales to buy one clearance item get two free so check back often.

Alice

Bethann Paige
            Duchess

My wife told me about Torrid but I have not been there yet. That might be a this Saturday trip for me.

Hi BethAnn,

Happy shopping. Β Wear nylons or tights that you plan to wear with your shoes to check the fit. Β Torrid associates are great. Β If there is something you like, but not in your size they can order it from the web for you. Β And shop to the store if you’re still in the closet or home.

Alice

Hi Stevie,

I searched for Torrid stores in Canada. Β And there are quite a few. Β One location might be close to you.

Alice

Hi Stevie OMG girl i hate to even say the only thing i lack in is the space i have a walk in closet thats 6Ft deep and 15 ft long and Full girlfriendΒ  a couple of months ago i went thru and counted just hangers which was dresses blouses and skirts a few pants jackets sweaters and all there was well over 200 hanging there and a bit since then about 50 pairs of heels flats and 12Β  pairs of boots from ankle to knee to thigh high length.. Besides whats in dressers as shorts leggins t shirts hose bras panties gosh way to much for this girl but when you see at a thrift store something looking cute in the basket it goes as im not bragging girls but wife helps there also as she picks things out im thinking for her and its for Stephanie so not all my fault he he hugs girlfriend .. I have seen some larger size heels from time to time im an 11 girl my self i will keep you in mind its a 13 womens and 4 ” or less let me know..

Big hugs girlfriend

Stephanie Bass

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Stephanie….. I stand in awe.Β  😳

Haha, if you hear the pitter patter ofΒ  not so little feet in the middle of the night, worry not.Β  You are safe, its just me raiding this room sized closet on yours!

Stevie

Come on over girlfriend might be a little big but can have them altered ha ha ..

Hugs Stephanie

Requal would like to increase the number of tops she has, along with some more foot wear.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Requal, tops are the one thing I find so easy to pick up.Β  Nothing catchs my eye like a cute top!Β  …. and in the basket it goes, lol.

Stevie

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

I lack casual things, to include shoes.Β  I need something to wear to the grocery store or Goodwill most of my clothes and shoes are on the “dressy” side.Β  Shoes are difficult as I wear 15 wide.Β  And what gal couldn’t use more bling for the ears, neck and wrists!

Toodles!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Twilla I find myself in the same position- buying more casual things.Β  I think many of us start off with the dressy stuff and then eventually settle into wantingΒ  the occasional relaxed casual look.

Twilla Thompson
          Baroness - Annual

So does this beg the question of in which mode is it easier/harder to pass/feel most comfortable/confident?Β  Perhaps that is a rabbit hole not meant to go down on this thread…..never mind!Β Β  lol

Toodles!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Stevie

I could use a couple of nice feminine tops, a pair or two of sensible shoes. (I kind of went nuts with stilettos.) Β Maybe a belt, and a necklace too. However I think I need to stop buying for a while…

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji
        Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lara!Β  I envy you and your stilettos!Β  Just too tall for anything over 2 or 3 inches.Β  Β If you must cut down on the purchases, dont overdue it!!Β  Shopping withdrawal can be dangerous. 😊

Stevie

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

My shoes are only worn at home for a couple of hours once or twice a month. If I ever do decide to go out, I’ll absolutely have to get lower heels. I’m sure I would be spotted as a CD in an instant in any of my shoes if I were out. I just love the way they look though!

Maybe slow down on the purchases then. I’m pretty sure you are right stopping would be nearly impossible for very long at least. 🤗

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji
      Anonymous

Where isn’t it lacking, is more like it. That would be panties (although there’s always room for more of those, they take up so little space).

I have no skirts or dresses (only 2 pair of skinny jeans and some leggings for the bottom half of my wardrobe). Β I have no pretty dress blouses (only a few t-shirt pullovers for the top half). Β And I have no coats or jackets.

I’m doing ok in the shoe department, especially since I have limited outfits with which I need to match them. Β And I have a small selection of jewelry that suffices.

On the bright side, what I have serves me well. Β It’s more than a glass-half-full in my eyes.

Much love,

Raquel

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

“Its more than a glass-half-full”.Β  I love that attitude!Β  Truth be told, you will find me lounging in leggings and a nice t-shirt quite often.Β  ….Well, leggings and a sweater in this cold weather.Β  I love the comfy-cas feeling!

Stevie

Anonymous

Stevie, as you are probably aware (I post it often enough), I’m in a DADT, maybe she knows, maybe she doesn’t know all, situation at home. Β But I can still get my girl on often enough and secretively under my drab.

And as I told a girl with whom I made friends at a lesbian bar, who realized how tough I had it, being in the closet most of the time and all, I am happy to be Raquel, underdressed at home or out in full bloom when I travel for business. Β I’m happy being a husband in a loving marriage. Β I’m just happy.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Stevie. For me I have been looking for months now for a couple of pairs of jeans with some ‘bling’ on the back pocket. Something that says these are women’s jeans, I don’t want women’s jeans that look pretty much like men’s jeans. I do have 2 pair of jeans with flower patterns on the legs. One has large daisies on the legs, but sometimes it makes me think they are ‘old lady’ jeans.
      I am getting close to the time when I might want to move toward actually transitioning. If I can get up the nerve to come out 2 or 3 other places I would likely at least ‘socially’ transition in the next 2 to 8 weeks. After that likely start hrt??

>
      . . ..Cassie

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Cassie, I do have one pair of jeans with no front pockets and heavy thick silver stitching on the back pockets.Β  They scream “Chick!”, and I love them.Β  Also they fit great and make my bum look amazing, so they’re my favorite! 🙂

Stevie

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Cassie that’s awesome!! Β I wish you the best of luck with your transitioning !!

Lauren B
      Lady

I don’t have any flat shoes, I’ve always liked heels so I’ve only bought them so far but can’t wear them all day even if I’d like to! I need either some lower heels or flats. I also need some more tops too. I have some leather leggings but no tops to wear with them. I have dresses already but I’d like to get more too

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lower heels are the best for me… and you can get away wearing them all day.

….leather leggings.Β  Β I need to go shopping now 😄

Stevie

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

I have a pair of 1” heels. Β They are super easy to walk in and easy on your feet and legs but still look good with either a dress or skirt. Β And you can wear them with jeans paired with a nice blouse.

The main thing my wardrobe is lacking is financial assistance. And more shoes and dresses.

These, for some reason, don’t happen to be mutually exclusive.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lol.Β  I love that!Β  Lacking in financial assistance…Β  Β Perfect!!Β  Β And oh so true. 😁

Drab me has worn the same jacket and pair of boots for years now, but as Amy is such a spendthrift I’m going to need a second job to be able to keep us both happy!

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Mire money to spend on clothes would be nice!! Β My wife is very accepting. Β I told her I need to expand my wardrobe and she told me to get a part time job. Β Whatever I earn at the second job I can spend it all on Bethann. Β I haven’t done that yet but am thinking about it.

Anonymous

Hi Stevie!

That’s funny, I was automatically going to type that, until I read your’s – it’s shoes for me too! hahaha

I know a large focus of female attire goes on shoes, not quite so much for me, I have a few pairs of shoes and a couple of pairs of boots, and that’s really it. I go for practicality over fashion with footwear. That’s probably why though, my feet are still in such good condition. Straining them in uncomfortable footwear like constant high-heel wear – will – cause calluses, blisters, etc…you know..

My feet are still impeccable! lol

Have a great week! x

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

I would have to go with practicality too.Β  I just cant see living with sore feet every day!

Jayne
      Lady

Oh, where to start? Β I’m such a novice, I hardly have any girl clothes at all! Β A few pairs of panties, a few casual tops (tees and tanks), a pair of girl jeans, a women’s running jacket and a couple pair of maxi-skirt/culottes (those are actually from a “men’s” store online, but they are extremely wide-leg pants in a very drape-y fabric that the wife says looks like a maxi-skirt). Β But! Β I have on order several more shirts and another pair of jeans. Β And I am planning to get at least another pair of jeans or casual pants — I like the wide-leg look of some styles, it makes me think of Katherine Hepburn somehow. Β I will also get at least another shirt or two when I’m next at my local Nordstrom’s (they are super welcoming, and one of the clerks there is a tall gurl like me, so that store is like a neodymium magnet for me). Β In my dreams, I’d like to get a skirt or two as well — I tried a few on last time I was at the store, and really had a great time wearing them, if only for a few minutes. Β As for shoes, I have a couple pair of Turkish shoes in a unisex style that are basically flats; but it would be nice to have something that was more definitely girly — maybe some espadrilles?

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Sounds like your collection is growing slowly but surely Jayne.Β  As they inevitably do!

Stevie

Anonymous

Shoes, very rarely find anything that fits anywhere other than Nordstrom Rack, they usually have a few pairs of 13-14, but only flats. Some accessories would be nice too! Oh, and another wig…and a new dress…oh gosh, where to stop!

Bethann Paige
        Duchess

Nordstrom Rack has some larger shoe sizes? Β  I did not know that. Β There is one about 5 miles from me I will have to check them out. Β I struggle finding shoes. Β I need either a 12 or 13. Β I have ordered online but some 13’s are too big but some 12’s are too small. I really need to try them on. Β I only have 3 pair because they are so hard to size.

Haley Ann, Your comment about where to stop is so appropriate. I found it necessary to slow my shopping once I reached the point of not being find something cute to wear because things were packed too tightly among things I liked, but never wore and couldn’t giving up.

Carla

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

It does seem like flats are the most likely shoe to be found.Β  It’s a start anyway, I cant always be picky.Β  Something is better than nothing!

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Stevie ,

I don’t have a wardrobe , only hiding places !
      As I am still in the closet , a wardrobe is not in the cards for me
      right now…
      As a result not that many dresses . skirts , shoes etc.
      Luckely enough Femme attire to fully dress two times a week and
      be Sylvia for the entire evening and most of the night.

Love Sylvia

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Sylvia I think that when we have small wardrobes we wind up appreciating those items we do have.Β  We certainly wear them more often! 🙂

Stevie

Bethann Paige
      Duchess

Shoes for me. I only have 3 pair because they are so hard to buy locally and I want to try them on. Other than that I have what I call a mini wardrobe but for now I’m happy with it.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Bethann I think shoes are the one item I’m most uncomfortable ordering on line.Β  Shoes are one thing I’d like to try on before buying.

Stevie

Yes, I lack womens pants and tops,have plenty of bras and panties,etc. I did own a nice dress but purged it out ofvfear of being discovered at one time. Also, no make-up yet though I have a set of brushes somewhere in my stuff. Hugs, Aurora B.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Aurora I’m sad you had to purge a nice dress, it’s always hard to see clothing having to go.

Lol, yes, the bra and panty drawer always seems to get filled first, doesn’t it.

What is my wardrobe lacking?Β  Space!Β  Not because I have too little space, but because I have so much stuff.

I have plenty of skirts, from mini to maxi, from summer to winter.Β  I have plenty of tank tops, short sleeve tops, and long sleeve tops (with a few in between), some of which I wear as a guy.Β  I have dresses from casual to cocktail to formal, even a quinceanera gown and a few wedding gowns.Β  I’ve got some tutu petticoats, square dance petticoats, and bridal petticoats.Β  I have some maid dresses and a flower girl/communion/short wedding dress.Β  I have at least two weeks of panties. I have panty girdles, enough bras, plenty of pantyhose, stockings, and tights depending on the season.Β  I have low rise socks to wear with sneakers, women’s trouser socks to wear as a guy, and some lacy socks to wear as a costume.Β  I have some skorts when I want to feel less breezy between my legs (so I don’t really need shorts).Β  I have a couple of bathing suits.Β  I have flat shoes (which I wear in guy mode), sneakers (some of which I can share) and heeled shoes.Β  I have flat boots and heeled boots.Β  I have a couple of pants, but I rarely wear women’s pants unless in stealth mode.Β  I’ve got a couple of wigs, although I usually wear just one.Β  I’ve only have a few breast forms, but usually wear just one.Β  I have a couple of nighties.Β  I’ve got an ankle length winter coat and a red woolen trench coat.Β  I have a lighter weight nylon coat, suede jacket, cardigans, blazers to wear in different seasons.Β  I have gloves to wear with the heavier coats for going out in the cold weather.

Without getting into party dresses, fetish dresses, or formal dresses, I could probably go about 10 weeks of outfits (not counting underwear) without repeating a top, a skirt, or a dress.Β  No, I’m not lacking for any item of clothing, I’m lacking for the space to put it all in.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Haha.Β  So, no hole in your wardrobe Alison.Β  Β Sounds like what’s needed is a hole in the wall to add an extension!

Evelyn
      Lady

For me, I’d have to say the thing my wardrobe lacks is practical items. Sure, I have a few little black dresses, but nearly all of them make me look like Morticia Addams and wouldn’t be too fitting for casual events. I have only one pair of casual black flats, while all my other shoes are anything from patten-leather Marry Janes right up to a pair of Pleaser Delight 679’s. All my skirts are very Hot-Topic type and make me stick out in crowds and all my other dresses are so colourful you wouldn’t miss me in complete darkness. So, I’d say, if I were to add anything to my wardrobe, it would be more practical items for sure!

That, and being someone who loves Frozen a little too much and relates to a certain magical snow queen on a personal basis, I’d love to let myself go and add her signature gown to my collection myself! Though they are so hard to find in adult sizes and good quality…

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Evelyn.
      Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I don’t have a hole. I have a black hole, LOL. I need just about everything.

Hugs, Liara

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Ahh, but slowly building a wardrobe can be so much fun Liara!

Stevie

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

The only thing lacking for me, is use. I have everything i need except the time to wear them.

I suppose a little more in the accessory department would be nice. A girl just can’t have too much of it !

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

I think the best thing to add to a wardrobe would be time with the wardrobe!Β  That would be nice 🙂

Hi Stevie; shoes, especially heels is the item my wardrobe is lacking the most in. I currently have 3 pairs of close-toed heeled pumps. I need either 12W or 14M, hard to find locally. I prefer to try them on first and the store that offers these is 4 hours away. I’m worried that I’m going to lose one pair as it’s a 13M. They fit fine when I bought them, now they hurt my toes. Either my feet have swelled some or the leather has shrunk due to having to hide them in a non-temperature controlled space. I also lack more clip-on ear rings than my first 2 pairs.

Same here, I have tons of everything but shoes. I think I own 6 pairs of high heels and 4 pairs of flats.

I love to wear high heels but I have a bad foot that was crushed in a car accident years ago and it has always made it hart for me to wear heels for long periods of time.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lol.Β  And here I am trying to work my way up to 10 pairs of shoes! 😄

Anonymous

Shoes!!!

In dude mode I have a terrible time finding shoes and it’s worse looking for ladies shoes.

I just can’t find something comfortable.

I inherited my mother’s feet.

Caroline

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Its not just me.Β  I seem to have hit a common nerve with shoes! 😄

Stevie

Kelly Lee
          Duchess - Annual

Well, if I stay objective I would say I have enough shoes since I have >40 pairs of just shoes plus a pile of misc boots.

Now that doesn’t stop me from looking, currently trying to find some high heel (at least 10cm) winter boots that have some a block heel (since stiletto wear out to fast) and some pattern under (to not slip so easy on the snow).

/kt

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I can’t say I lack any specific thing but “Where is your wardrobe lacking?” is space, need more closet space so I can hang up things more and not have everything folded in piles on several shelves.

/kt

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Kelly I’m starting to realize that what’s missing from many wardrobes here is a walk in closet!

Gracie SO
      Lady

As a GG I am jealous of the descriptions of your wardrobes. 40 pairs of shoes! Other than trainers, walking boots and work shoes I have one pair that I think are slightly fancy. My SO definitely owns more β€˜going out’ style clothes than me, but since we don’t go out out much I don’t have the same choices ( also I’m skint lol).

I think if your wardrobe has enough core key items in then you’re set, anything that you think you’ll rarely ware I’d donate to make room for newer clothes that you prefer.

Unless you like having lots of choice, but I just find that overwhelming.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Gracie, all this must seem somewhat….. excessive to you, lol.Β  Heck, I find some of it excessive – tho I too am jealous!

Stevie

I love tops and skirts, and have quite a few tops.Β  I have enough bras and panties.Β  Lots of pantyhose and tights. I have 4 pairs of heels ranging from 2 to 4 inch heels.Β  One area my wardrobe is lacking is some feminine pants and dresses.Β  I had to have open heart surgery last summer so I have a visible scar down the middle of my chest and the side effects of my medications make my ankles and feet swell through the day.Β  So I’m trying to find some scoop necked dresses and several pairs of feminine pants that are fitted and have a flared or bootcut leg as this will hide my fat ankles.Β  I also need some ladies pretty sneakers and walking shoes which I am trying to find.Β  I also think I could use a pair of pretty flats.Β  And now that I am definitely OUT and most of the important people know, I am also seriously considering getting my ears pierced.

Gf o to a professional for piercing! Its painful and you have to pay but it’s not a job that you want screwed up. Aurora B

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Lauren thank you for mentioning sneakers, I really keep ignoring these thinking they are not “feminine” enough, which is a silly enough attitude to begin with.

Stevie

Like many CD’s I have a lot Lingerie but I definitely need more dresses, Skirts, Blouses, and Heels. I have never tried make up but I did just buy lipstick.

Anonymous

Kimberly Ann, I am wearing panties 99.9% of the time. Β However, I’ve found that whenever I’m in drab, running a quick errand, I like to put on a coat of lipstick. Β B.C. (Before Covid), I had developed the boldness to wear it into convenience stores and places I was not likely to be recognized. I still wear it but with masks, no one even knows (except me). Β It definitely feels girly and dare I say, β€œnaughty.”

You’ll love it.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Kimberley I could use a few more skirts myself.Β  I seem to find 3 or 4 I really like and just wear them all the time.

Lipstick and nail polish.Β  Two must haves.Β  🙂

• Dresses √
      • Bodysuits – just two
      • Jumpsuits – just one
      • TopsΒ – want more
      • T-shirtsΒ – need more
      • Blouses – none πŸ™
      • Sweaters – none πŸ™
      • Skirts √
      • Shorts – need more
      • Lingerie – need more
      • Panties – need more
      • Bras – need more
      • Hosiery – just two stockings
      • Bikinis – want more
      • Swimsuits – just one
      • Accessories – shopping bag, clutch, two headbands, one pair of earrings
      • Shoes √√

Great checklist!
        Of these, the most important thing I need to find is tops. Being built like a lineman with a barrel chest makes the task nearly impossible, so I designate some of my larger tops as my “boyfriend’s” and wear them like some GGs do their boyfriend’s. It’s a stretch, but it’s what I have to work with.

Thank you, Vecca! What about purchase larger tops and send them to someone to stitch the sides and let them tight around your body?

xoxo

Daisy

There are few that fit my shoulders TBH. I would love to do something like that though.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Daisy I’m stealing that checklist, I love it.Β  And I love the “need more” responses, haha.Β  No such thing as too much anyway, right?😉

I’d have to add pants to the list, though I realize that’s too drab an item for many.

Feel free to use this checklist, Stevie.

I wish you enjoy finding the gaps in your closet and share with us your own checklist.

xoxo

Daisy

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Black High Heel pumps that my heel would not slip out of, I have several pr and I have not found a good way to keep my heel in. Any advice?

Hi Lynda as the old addage was womensΒ  shoes were 2 sizes larger than mens i had to drop one to get a good fit i am a 10 in mens and a 11 womens fit really well not much slippage a little sometimes as different stylesΒ  sometimes a insert will tighten them a bit worth a try good luck girl..

Stephanie

Tops: I tend to default to dresses like all the time. If I am ever in need of something cute I’ll go buy a new dress when I really should buy more skirts and tops. I have a few skirts, but it always feels like a waste buying a top. Like my male self wears tops why should my female self lol?

Shoes: So sizing is the real pain here. For some reason when you get into the bigger sizes the prices grow to match. While cute size 8s are affordable, the cute size 14s aren’t always. Usually have to shell out a pretty penny for equivalent quality and style. I have a few sites I keep bookmarked just in case.

Jewelry is another big one. I don’t have pierced eyes, so I can only do like clip-ons and those are hard to find and kind of do an impulse buy. Always gotta weigh the pros and cons and whenever I find one or a set for like 15 bucks I would rather just get a dress.

Also and this last one might surprise you, but like bras. I got a few, but I never bought like a matching set of lingerie and like after getting like three of them it is just like I don’t wear them enough to justify more and I don’t show them to anyone to justify getting carried away with their cuteness.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Jenny don’t underestimate the cuteness of a faux wrap top with a nice skirt.Β  So nice and very feminine!

Jenny,Β  You might try resale, flea markets or antique shops for clip-on earrings.Β  That is where I get lots of mine for about $1.Β  You can also get a clip part that you can attach a pierce earring to from most fabric or craft stores (they come in a bag for about $5).Β  Or, you can grind or cut off the stud and just hot glue the rest of the earring to the clip part.Β  Hope that helps, Marg

Anonymous

Having only just recently been accepted by my wife, the wardrobe is a little light. Inherited a number of items like stretch jeans etc but with only two pairs of heels more required, lingerie, always but mainly tops. That’s the one item I find most difficult to find, wife comes up with suggestions but no luck. I have two bodycon dresses which I think , for where I am is good. Jewellery and wig would be good to. Could carry on Katie .

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

But Katie, growing a wardrobe is one of the truly joyful things in life.Β  And having the assistance of an accepting wife has to just make it more fun!Β  🙂

Becka
      Lady

Blouses. I have bought 2 recently that I’ve yet to wear. One is more of a “shirt” style and will be easier to “get away” with. The other, unmistakably a blouse! I’m working up to it!

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Rebecca I think the only thing that prevents dresses from piling up in my closet is my love of pretty blouses and tops.Β  And it gives me the flexibility of mixing and matching them with a skirt or pants!

Stevie

Becka
          Lady

My “priority” list is now

– Blouses

– Bras

– Slacks

– Skirts/

Shoes is number 1 and the one item I have spent so much time weighing my options on. My shoe size sizes me out of being able to shop locally so I have to depend on online shopping for shoes. My shoe favorite right now are low heeled ankle boots. I think those are going to be my signature shoes. So I want to hit it right on all of the ankle boots I purchase. I have already decided I need my first ones to be in black and some version of brown/tan.

Do we consider breastforms as part of our wardrobe or not ladies? If so, that is a close second to what I need. Third most important is purse(s).

Anonymous
      Lady

Bra(s) that are proper fitting without forms. I measured and was a B cup but there are gaps which make the cup fabric have folds in it while worn.

All of these comments are reminding me of a few memorable cases when my wardrobe was at the center of my crossdressing life, both good and bad. Quite a few ago, I was attending a CD gathering that coincided with Halloween. There was a lot more going at the hotel hosting the gathering than the just the CD event, most notably a very large craft fair, attended by groups of women, unaccompanied by their spouses. I checked-in to the hotel, with three large suitcases, fully prepared for anything I might need. I had arrived early, and was sitting in the outdoor bar where I could observe the arrivals of many other guests for both events. It soon became apparent, that it was easy to differentiate the crossdressers, (even those who passed exceptionally well) from Cis-women, merely by the quantity of luggage accompanying them. I was still in drab, and sitting by a table of 6 women, I became aware of their amusement, over-hearing their observations as they took note of the arrival activities. It was quite entertaining to hear their comments about the different arrivals based on recognizing who was a Cis-woman and who was not. Surprisingly, their comments about dress and appearance were in some ways much less critical of the the CD’s presenting en femme, than of the Cis-women. Mostly however, it was funny to hear how packing for a girl’s weekend getaway was so different depending on which set of β€œGirls” were the subject. Many of the Cis-women’s luggage would not even hold my lingerie, but then lingerie I’ve have been more important to me. I have since learned to plan my wardrobe more effectively, when traveling as Carla.

Revel
      Baroness

Shoes. I’m a tall lady and I have large feet like most tall people have. Trying to find a size 12 in a ladies shoe size isn’t always easy! However, I do find them once in awhile.

Anonymous

A girl can never have enough shoes

Krissy
          Lady

A lbd that is one and ive always fancied a real nice faux fur coat 👌 just a 3/4 length one nothing to flash x

skippy1965 Cynthia
            Ambassador

I have two faux furs-one is jacket length and the other full length; love’em both
            Cyn

Anonymous

This seems to be a common issue, Β just not for me. I’m very lucky to be Β a size 8.5 – 9 in women’s’ shoes. Β And can even wear my wife’s shoes. Or at least the ones she has put in boxes designated for the next house wear and clothing pick up by a local charity. For once it pays off to be a smaller guy.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Definitely not missing much of anything as anyone who has visited my house o9r traveled with me has seen my extensive wardrobe-aka Cyn’s Boutique-aka Narnia.
      Cyn

Finding a LBD that fits, a formal length dress, and a couple pair of sensible heels.

Anonymous

Space. Control.

I don’t think I need anything. I have as much as a girl could desire. Way more than most GG. Less than my wife but that is because when I shop for me I shop for her also. As far as shoes go. I have around thirty pair. I still have a hard time finding the right ones to go with my outfit. Favorite pair has to be black platforms with five inch heels. I am spoiled. I know.

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Michelle I have to admit I’m turning a bit green with envy!Β  Even just being able to wear 5″ heels would be nice. Well done!

Stevie

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Just the thirty,lol? I lost count a way back-somewhere between 400-500 pairs of shoes.🤗
        Cyn

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Cyn, 400 or 500 pair??? 😲😲Β  I’m trying to visualize that…. and can’t!Β  I’ve seen shoe stores with less shoes in them!Β  Imelda Marcos would have stood in awe!Β  Lol

skippy1965 Cynthia
            Ambassador

Narnia /Cyn’s Boutique is the eighth wonder of the world lol-ask any of the many who have been here to see it at my house or the small traveling version that I take to conferences (fit into 2-3 suitcases where I can usually fit a dozen pairs of shoes and 20-30 outfits); the full collection in addition to the wigs contains 500+ dresses, 100 or so skirts, 200-300 tops and countless camis, tanks,etc, 2000 + pairs of earrings and a fair bit more jewelry, swimsuits and undies etc.
            Cyn

Stevie Steiner
            Managing Ambassador

OMG.Β  I am at a loss for words…..

And that’s rare!!Β  😄

Holy crap. I would need to build on the house. That made me smile.

Flower
      Princess

Swimsuits

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Me too Flower!Β  One day I need to build up the nerve to move from 1 piece to 2 piece swimsuits!

Oh Stevie,Β  After reading all these wonderful replies, all that I can add to is to agree to have some more time to wear all the things that I already have.Β  Also, I’m totally reminded of the Badfinger Day after Day song.Β  ” I remember finding out about shoes”Β  lolΒ  Β Also, on a more serious note, I sometimes cut mousepads in the shape of my foot and put them into my heels.Β  It can extend my wearability by a few hours.Β  Happy weekend and Happy Feet,Β  Marg

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Lol, I have noticed how unbalanced my wardrobe was at times.Β  Still is in ways. 🙂

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Β©2024 Crossdresser Heaven |Β PrivacyΒ |Β Terms of UseΒ | Link to us |Β Contact VanessaΒ |Β Advertise with Crossdresser Heaven

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates fromΒ Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?