Tagged: transitioning wardrobe
- February 15, 2022 at 5:16 am #621857Stevie SteinerFounderRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
I know some of you have extensive wardrobe collections that would make Stevie Nicks envious! 😄
Sadly, not I. Though my wardrobe is…. reasonable – perhaps a dozen dresses and skirts and at least as many tops – the one area I have neglected is shoes! I am woefully deficient in footwear ( thanks Stephanie B – your recent post made me think of this ). 4 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of boots, that’s it! ☹ I do have a couple of androgynous looking pairs, but my collection is …sad.
Dresses, check. Skirts, check. blouses and T-shirts, check. Sweaters, check. Lingerie, check. Panties and bras, check of course, lol. But shoes? FAIL! Now that spring is around the corner I really must address this issue!! Maybe it’s because finding shoes that fit at a good price is the most difficult thing to find.
I am wondering, any of you girls have “holes” in your wardrobe that need to be filled?? Is there one area or item you are lacking in?Within reason now… I do not consider 20 pairs of shoes, or 40 panties “deficient”. lol.
(Almost) Shoeless Stevie 🙂
Total of 37 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- April 22, 2022 at 2:07 pm #640516Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 105Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 317 times
Oh Stevie, After reading all these wonderful replies, all that I can add to is to agree to have some more time to wear all the things that I already have. Also, I’m totally reminded of the Badfinger Day after Day song. ” I remember finding out about shoes” lol Also, on a more serious note, I sometimes cut mousepads in the shape of my foot and put them into my heels. It can extend my wearability by a few hours. Happy weekend and Happy Feet, Marg
- March 1, 2022 at 5:16 am #625830FlowerDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 40Has thanked: 135 timesBeen thanked: 211 times
- February 28, 2022 at 8:05 pm #625787Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 461Has thanked: 1350 timesBeen thanked: 2052 times
I don’t think I need anything. I have as much as a girl could desire. Way more than most GG. Less than my wife but that is because when I shop for me I shop for her also. As far as shoes go. I have around thirty pair. I still have a hard time finding the right ones to go with my outfit. Favorite pair has to be black platforms with five inch heels. I am spoiled. I know.
- March 1, 2022 at 5:09 am #625825skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1337Has thanked: 614 timesBeen thanked: 1883 times
- March 1, 2022 at 6:27 am #625848Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 461Has thanked: 1350 timesBeen thanked: 2052 times
Holy crap. I would need to build on the house. That made me smile.
- March 1, 2022 at 5:16 am #625829Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
Cyn, 400 or 500 pair??? 😲😲 I’m trying to visualize that…. and can’t! I’ve seen shoe stores with less shoes in them! Imelda Marcos would have stood in awe! Lol
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 1, 2022 at 5:25 am #625835skippy1965 CynthiaAmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1337Has thanked: 614 timesBeen thanked: 1883 times
Narnia /Cyn’s Boutique is the eighth wonder of the world lol-ask any of the many who have been here to see it at my house or the small traveling version that I take to conferences (fit into 2-3 suitcases where I can usually fit a dozen pairs of shoes and 20-30 outfits); the full collection in addition to the wigs contains 500+ dresses, 100 or so skirts, 200-300 tops and countless camis, tanks,etc, 2000 + pairs of earrings and a fair bit more jewelry, swimsuits and undies etc.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 22, 2022 at 1:16 pm #640508Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
OMG. I am at a loss for words…..
And that’s rare!! 😄
- March 1, 2022 at 3:41 am #625814Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 25, 2022 at 10:37 pm #624967Gabriela RomaniManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 11, 2021Topics: 954Replies: 454Has thanked: 393 timesBeen thanked: 2227 times
- February 25, 2022 at 10:05 pm #624959
- February 21, 2022 at 4:03 pm #623864AmbassadorRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 119Replies: 1337Has thanked: 614 timesBeen thanked: 1883 times
- February 19, 2022 at 9:02 pm #623396RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 411Has thanked: 986 timesBeen thanked: 1517 times
- February 25, 2022 at 6:50 am #624737Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2882 timesBeen thanked: 2679 times
This seems to be a common issue, just not for me. I’m very lucky to be a size 8.5 – 9 in women’s’ shoes. And can even wear my wife’s shoes. Or at least the ones she has put in boxes designated for the next house wear and clothing pick up by a local charity. For once it pays off to be a smaller guy.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 19, 2022 at 9:41 pm #623401AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 19, 2022 at 1:34 pm #623276Carla RobertsLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 59Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
All of these comments are reminding me of a few memorable cases when my wardrobe was at the center of my crossdressing life, both good and bad. Quite a few ago, I was attending a CD gathering that coincided with Halloween. There was a lot more going at the hotel hosting the gathering than the just the CD event, most notably a very large craft fair, attended by groups of women, unaccompanied by their spouses. I checked-in to the hotel, with three large suitcases, fully prepared for anything I might need. I had arrived early, and was sitting in the outdoor bar where I could observe the arrivals of many other guests for both events. It soon became apparent, that it was easy to differentiate the crossdressers, (even those who passed exceptionally well) from Cis-women, merely by the quantity of luggage accompanying them. I was still in drab, and sitting by a table of 6 women, I became aware of their amusement, over-hearing their observations as they took note of the arrival activities. It was quite entertaining to hear their comments about the different arrivals based on recognizing who was a Cis-woman and who was not. Surprisingly, their comments about dress and appearance were in some ways much less critical of the the CD’s presenting en femme, than of the Cis-women. Mostly however, it was funny to hear how packing for a girl’s weekend getaway was so different depending on which set of “Girls” were the subject. Many of the Cis-women’s luggage would not even hold my lingerie, but then lingerie I’ve have been more important to me. I have since learned to plan my wardrobe more effectively, when traveling as Carla.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Carla Roberts.
- February 19, 2022 at 11:47 am #623248Tina QueLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 54Replies: 281Has thanked: 1166 timesBeen thanked: 1700 times
- February 19, 2022 at 8:34 am #623218Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 116Has thanked: 219 timesBeen thanked: 411 times
Shoes is number 1 and the one item I have spent so much time weighing my options on. My shoe size sizes me out of being able to shop locally so I have to depend on online shopping for shoes. My shoe favorite right now are low heeled ankle boots. I think those are going to be my signature shoes. So I want to hit it right on all of the ankle boots I purchase. I have already decided I need my first ones to be in black and some version of brown/tan.
Do we consider breastforms as part of our wardrobe or not ladies? If so, that is a close second to what I need. Third most important is purse(s).
- February 19, 2022 at 8:14 am #623210rebekka mooreLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 95Replies: 1105Has thanked: 681 timesBeen thanked: 2804 times
- February 19, 2022 at 9:41 am #623233Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
Rebecca I think the only thing that prevents dresses from piling up in my closet is my love of pretty blouses and tops. And it gives me the flexibility of mixing and matching them with a skirt or pants!
- February 19, 2022 at 4:40 pm #623333
- February 19, 2022 at 7:49 am #623203Katie PlowrightLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 190Has thanked: 1020 timesBeen thanked: 980 times
Having only just recently been accepted by my wife, the wardrobe is a little light. Inherited a number of items like stretch jeans etc but with only two pairs of heels more required, lingerie, always but mainly tops. That’s the one item I find most difficult to find, wife comes up with suggestions but no luck. I have two bodycon dresses which I think , for where I am is good. Jewellery and wig would be good to. Could carry on Katie .
- February 19, 2022 at 7:38 am #623199Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 201Has thanked: 149 timesBeen thanked: 829 times
Tops: I tend to default to dresses like all the time. If I am ever in need of something cute I’ll go buy a new dress when I really should buy more skirts and tops. I have a few skirts, but it always feels like a waste buying a top. Like my male self wears tops why should my female self lol?
Shoes: So sizing is the real pain here. For some reason when you get into the bigger sizes the prices grow to match. While cute size 8s are affordable, the cute size 14s aren’t always. Usually have to shell out a pretty penny for equivalent quality and style. I have a few sites I keep bookmarked just in case.
Jewelry is another big one. I don’t have pierced eyes, so I can only do like clip-ons and those are hard to find and kind of do an impulse buy. Always gotta weigh the pros and cons and whenever I find one or a set for like 15 bucks I would rather just get a dress.
Also and this last one might surprise you, but like bras. I got a few, but I never bought like a matching set of lingerie and like after getting like three of them it is just like I don’t wear them enough to justify more and I don’t show them to anyone to justify getting carried away with their cuteness.
- April 22, 2022 at 1:32 pm #640511Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 105Has thanked: 313 timesBeen thanked: 317 times
Jenny, You might try resale, flea markets or antique shops for clip-on earrings. That is where I get lots of mine for about $1. You can also get a clip part that you can attach a pierce earring to from most fabric or craft stores (they come in a bag for about $5). Or, you can grind or cut off the stud and just hot glue the rest of the earring to the clip part. Hope that helps, Marg
- February 19, 2022 at 9:32 am #623231
- February 19, 2022 at 5:53 am #623170Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 124Has thanked: 1009 timesBeen thanked: 445 times
- February 19, 2022 at 6:52 am #623184Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3601Has thanked: 51906 timesBeen thanked: 12784 times
Hi Lynda as the old addage was womens shoes were 2 sizes larger than mens i had to drop one to get a good fit i am a 10 in mens and a 11 womens fit really well not much slippage a little sometimes as different styles sometimes a insert will tighten them a bit worth a try good luck girl..
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Stephanie Bass.
- February 18, 2022 at 8:19 pm #623097Daisy MarieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 94Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 406 times
- Dresses √
- Bodysuits – just two
- Jumpsuits – just one
- Tops – want more
- T-shirts – need more
- Blouses – none 🙁
- Sweaters – none 🙁
- Skirts √
- Shorts – need more
- Lingerie – need more
- Panties – need more
- Bras – need more
- Hosiery – just two stockings
- Bikinis – want more
- Swimsuits – just one
- Accessories – shopping bag, clutch, two headbands, one pair of earrings
- Shoes √√
- February 19, 2022 at 4:15 am #623145Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 18, 2022 at 10:14 pm #623100Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 255Has thanked: 1826 timesBeen thanked: 959 times
Of these, the most important thing I need to find is tops. Being built like a lineman with a barrel chest makes the task nearly impossible, so I designate some of my larger tops as my “boyfriend’s” and wear them like some GGs do their boyfriend’s. It’s a stretch, but it’s what I have to work with.
- February 19, 2022 at 8:35 pm #623388Daisy MarieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 94Has thanked: 171 timesBeen thanked: 406 times
Thank you, Vecca! What about purchase larger tops and send them to someone to stitch the sides and let them tight around your body?
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 19, 2022 at 8:49 pm #623394
- February 18, 2022 at 6:05 pm #623078Kimberly Ann VictoriaLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 189Has thanked: 703 timesBeen thanked: 691 times
- February 19, 2022 at 4:09 am #623144Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 19, 2022 at 2:34 am #623130LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2882 timesBeen thanked: 2679 times
Kimberly Ann, I am wearing panties 99.9% of the time. However, I’ve found that whenever I’m in drab, running a quick errand, I like to put on a coat of lipstick. B.C. (Before Covid), I had developed the boldness to wear it into convenience stores and places I was not likely to be recognized. I still wear it but with masks, no one even knows (except me). It definitely feels girly and dare I say, “naughty.”
You’ll love it.
- February 18, 2022 at 2:03 pm #623026Lauren MugnaiaRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 175Has thanked: 1687 timesBeen thanked: 890 times
I love tops and skirts, and have quite a few tops. I have enough bras and panties. Lots of pantyhose and tights. I have 4 pairs of heels ranging from 2 to 4 inch heels. One area my wardrobe is lacking is some feminine pants and dresses. I had to have open heart surgery last summer so I have a visible scar down the middle of my chest and the side effects of my medications make my ankles and feet swell through the day. So I’m trying to find some scoop necked dresses and several pairs of feminine pants that are fitted and have a flared or bootcut leg as this will hide my fat ankles. I also need some ladies pretty sneakers and walking shoes which I am trying to find. I also think I could use a pair of pretty flats. And now that I am definitely OUT and most of the important people know, I am also seriously considering getting my ears pierced.
- February 19, 2022 at 4:03 am #623142Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 18, 2022 at 5:31 pm #623070Aurora BorealisDuchessRegistered On: October 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 150Has thanked: 483 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
- February 18, 2022 at 1:08 pm #623018Gracie SOLadyRegistered On: February 3, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 121 times
As a GG I am jealous of the descriptions of your wardrobes. 40 pairs of shoes! Other than trainers, walking boots and work shoes I have one pair that I think are slightly fancy. My SO definitely owns more ‘going out’ style clothes than me, but since we don’t go out out much I don’t have the same choices ( also I’m skint lol).
I think if your wardrobe has enough core key items in then you’re set, anything that you think you’ll rarely ware I’d donate to make room for newer clothes that you prefer.
Unless you like having lots of choice, but I just find that overwhelming.
- February 18, 2022 at 12:37 pm #623016Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 452Has thanked: 609 timesBeen thanked: 2017 times
- February 18, 2022 at 6:40 pm #623084
- February 18, 2022 at 9:40 am #622977AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- February 18, 2022 at 10:02 am #622981Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 18, 2022 at 12:34 pm #623015Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 452Has thanked: 609 timesBeen thanked: 2017 times
Well, if I stay objective I would say I have enough shoes since I have >40 pairs of just shoes plus a pile of misc boots.
Now that doesn’t stop me from looking, currently trying to find some high heel (at least 10cm) winter boots that have some a block heel (since stiletto wear out to fast) and some pattern under (to not slip so easy on the snow).
- February 17, 2022 at 10:31 pm #622881Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 483Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2257 times
Same here, I have tons of everything but shoes. I think I own 6 pairs of high heels and 4 pairs of flats.
I love to wear high heels but I have a bad foot that was crushed in a car accident years ago and it has always made it hart for me to wear heels for long periods of time.
- February 18, 2022 at 9:31 am #622976
- February 17, 2022 at 12:43 pm #622746Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 760Has thanked: 51049 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
Hi Stevie; shoes, especially heels is the item my wardrobe is lacking the most in. I currently have 3 pairs of close-toed heeled pumps. I need either 12W or 14M, hard to find locally. I prefer to try them on first and the store that offers these is 4 hours away. I’m worried that I’m going to lose one pair as it’s a 13M. They fit fine when I bought them, now they hurt my toes. Either my feet have swelled some or the leather has shrunk due to having to hide them in a non-temperature controlled space. I also lack more clip-on ear rings than my first 2 pairs.
- February 17, 2022 at 2:16 am #622558Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 251Has thanked: 3869 timesBeen thanked: 1200 times
The only thing lacking for me, is use. I have everything i need except the time to wear them.
I suppose a little more in the accessory department would be nice. A girl just can’t have too much of it !
- February 16, 2022 at 9:28 pm #622527Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1539Has thanked: 2985 timesBeen thanked: 5245 times
- February 16, 2022 at 9:10 pm #622515Evany EvansLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 243 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
For me, I’d have to say the thing my wardrobe lacks is practical items. Sure, I have a few little black dresses, but nearly all of them make me look like Morticia Addams and wouldn’t be too fitting for casual events. I have only one pair of casual black flats, while all my other shoes are anything from patten-leather Marry Janes right up to a pair of Pleaser Delight 679’s. All my skirts are very Hot-Topic type and make me stick out in crowds and all my other dresses are so colourful you wouldn’t miss me in complete darkness. So, I’d say, if I were to add anything to my wardrobe, it would be more practical items for sure!
That, and being someone who loves Frozen a little too much and relates to a certain magical snow queen on a personal basis, I’d love to let myself go and add her signature gown to my collection myself! Though they are so hard to find in adult sizes and good quality…
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Evany Evans.
- February 16, 2022 at 8:34 pm #622511Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 13Replies: 793Has thanked: 643 timesBeen thanked: 3402 times
What is my wardrobe lacking? Space! Not because I have too little space, but because I have so much stuff.
I have plenty of skirts, from mini to maxi, from summer to winter. I have plenty of tank tops, short sleeve tops, and long sleeve tops (with a few in between), some of which I wear as a guy. I have dresses from casual to cocktail to formal, even a quinceanera gown and a few wedding gowns. I’ve got some tutu petticoats, square dance petticoats, and bridal petticoats. I have some maid dresses and a flower girl/communion/short wedding dress. I have at least two weeks of panties. I have panty girdles, enough bras, plenty of pantyhose, stockings, and tights depending on the season. I have low rise socks to wear with sneakers, women’s trouser socks to wear as a guy, and some lacy socks to wear as a costume. I have some skorts when I want to feel less breezy between my legs (so I don’t really need shorts). I have a couple of bathing suits. I have flat shoes (which I wear in guy mode), sneakers (some of which I can share) and heeled shoes. I have flat boots and heeled boots. I have a couple of pants, but I rarely wear women’s pants unless in stealth mode. I’ve got a couple of wigs, although I usually wear just one. I’ve only have a few breast forms, but usually wear just one. I have a couple of nighties. I’ve got an ankle length winter coat and a red woolen trench coat. I have a lighter weight nylon coat, suede jacket, cardigans, blazers to wear in different seasons. I have gloves to wear with the heavier coats for going out in the cold weather.
Without getting into party dresses, fetish dresses, or formal dresses, I could probably go about 10 weeks of outfits (not counting underwear) without repeating a top, a skirt, or a dress. No, I’m not lacking for any item of clothing, I’m lacking for the space to put it all in.
- February 16, 2022 at 3:59 pm #622396Aurora BorealisDuchessRegistered On: October 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 150Has thanked: 483 timesBeen thanked: 437 times
Yes, I lack womens pants and tops,have plenty of bras and panties,etc. I did own a nice dress but purged it out ofvfear of being discovered at one time. Also, no make-up yet though I have a set of brushes somewhere in my stuff. Hugs, Aurora B.
- February 16, 2022 at 3:54 pm #622395Bethann PaigeDuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 52Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
Shoes for me. I only have 3 pair because they are so hard to buy locally and I want to try them on. Other than that I have what I call a mini wardrobe but for now I’m happy with it.
- February 16, 2022 at 3:45 pm #622392SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 668Has thanked: 16890 timesBeen thanked: 2829 times
Dear Stevie ,
I don’t have a wardrobe , only hiding places !
As I am still in the closet , a wardrobe is not in the cards for me
As a result not that many dresses . skirts , shoes etc.
Luckely enough Femme attire to fully dress two times a week and
be Sylvia for the entire evening and most of the night.
- February 16, 2022 at 3:18 pm #622383Haley AnnRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 255Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 1256 times
Shoes, very rarely find anything that fits anywhere other than Nordstrom Rack, they usually have a few pairs of 13-14, but only flats. Some accessories would be nice too! Oh, and another wig…and a new dress…oh gosh, where to stop!
- February 17, 2022 at 1:29 am #622554Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 5:12 pm #622431Carla RobertsLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 59Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
Haley Ann, Your comment about where to stop is so appropriate. I found it necessary to slow my shopping once I reached the point of not being find something cute to wear because things were packed too tightly among things I liked, but never wore and couldn’t giving up.
- February 16, 2022 at 3:50 pm #622394Bethann PaigeDuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 52Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
Nordstrom Rack has some larger shoe sizes? I did not know that. There is one about 5 miles from me I will have to check them out. I struggle finding shoes. I need either a 12 or 13. I have ordered online but some 13’s are too big but some 12’s are too small. I really need to try them on. I only have 3 pair because they are so hard to size.
- February 16, 2022 at 9:10 am #622285JayneLadyRegistered On: June 24, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 23Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
Oh, where to start? I’m such a novice, I hardly have any girl clothes at all! A few pairs of panties, a few casual tops (tees and tanks), a pair of girl jeans, a women’s running jacket and a couple pair of maxi-skirt/culottes (those are actually from a “men’s” store online, but they are extremely wide-leg pants in a very drape-y fabric that the wife says looks like a maxi-skirt). But! I have on order several more shirts and another pair of jeans. And I am planning to get at least another pair of jeans or casual pants — I like the wide-leg look of some styles, it makes me think of Katherine Hepburn somehow. I will also get at least another shirt or two when I’m next at my local Nordstrom’s (they are super welcoming, and one of the clerks there is a tall gurl like me, so that store is like a neodymium magnet for me). In my dreams, I’d like to get a skirt or two as well — I tried a few on last time I was at the store, and really had a great time wearing them, if only for a few minutes. As for shoes, I have a couple pair of Turkish shoes in a unisex style that are basically flats; but it would be nice to have something that was more definitely girly — maybe some espadrilles?
- February 16, 2022 at 7:55 am #622263Miss LollipopLadyRegistered On: February 5, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 166Has thanked: 95 timesBeen thanked: 510 times
That’s funny, I was automatically going to type that, until I read your’s – it’s shoes for me too! hahaha
I know a large focus of female attire goes on shoes, not quite so much for me, I have a few pairs of shoes and a couple of pairs of boots, and that’s really it. I go for practicality over fashion with footwear. That’s probably why though, my feet are still in such good condition. Straining them in uncomfortable footwear like constant high-heel wear – will – cause calluses, blisters, etc…you know..
My feet are still impeccable! lol
Have a great week! x
- February 16, 2022 at 7:20 am #622255Amy CatrelleLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 174Has thanked: 488 timesBeen thanked: 829 times
The main thing my wardrobe is lacking is financial assistance. And more shoes and dresses.
These, for some reason, don’t happen to be mutually exclusive.
- February 16, 2022 at 4:01 pm #622397DuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 52Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
Mire money to spend on clothes would be nice!! My wife is very accepting. I told her I need to expand my wardrobe and she told me to get a part time job. Whatever I earn at the second job I can spend it all on Bethann. I haven’t done that yet but am thinking about it.
- February 16, 2022 at 8:23 am #622268Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 5:55 am #622234Lauren BLadyRegistered On: January 15, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 36Has thanked: 35 timesBeen thanked: 223 times
I don’t have any flat shoes, I’ve always liked heels so I’ve only bought them so far but can’t wear them all day even if I’d like to! I need either some lower heels or flats. I also need some more tops too. I have some leather leggings but no tops to wear with them. I have dresses already but I’d like to get more too
- February 16, 2022 at 4:05 pm #622398DuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 52Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 233 times
- February 16, 2022 at 6:59 am #622247Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 4:46 am #622226Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 52Replies: 916Has thanked: 2154 timesBeen thanked: 4278 times
Hi Stevie. For me I have been looking for months now for a couple of pairs of jeans with some ‘bling’ on the back pocket. Something that says these are women’s jeans, I don’t want women’s jeans that look pretty much like men’s jeans. I do have 2 pair of jeans with flower patterns on the legs. One has large daisies on the legs, but sometimes it makes me think they are ‘old lady’ jeans.
I am getting close to the time when I might want to move toward actually transitioning. If I can get up the nerve to come out 2 or 3 other places I would likely at least ‘socially’ transition in the next 2 to 8 weeks. After that likely start hrt??
. . ..Cassie
- February 16, 2022 at 4:10 pm #622400
- February 16, 2022 at 6:55 am #622246Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
Cassie, I do have one pair of jeans with no front pockets and heavy thick silver stitching on the back pockets. They scream “Chick!”, and I love them. Also they fit great and make my bum look amazing, so they’re my favorite! 🙂
- February 16, 2022 at 3:32 am #622215LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2882 timesBeen thanked: 2679 times
Where isn’t it lacking, is more like it. That would be panties (although there’s always room for more of those, they take up so little space).
I have no skirts or dresses (only 2 pair of skinny jeans and some leggings for the bottom half of my wardrobe). I have no pretty dress blouses (only a few t-shirt pullovers for the top half). And I have no coats or jackets.
I’m doing ok in the shoe department, especially since I have limited outfits with which I need to match them. And I have a small selection of jewelry that suffices.
On the bright side, what I have serves me well. It’s more than a glass-half-full in my eyes.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Raquel Smith.
- February 16, 2022 at 4:04 am #622221Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
“Its more than a glass-half-full”. I love that attitude! Truth be told, you will find me lounging in leggings and a nice t-shirt quite often. ….Well, leggings and a sweater in this cold weather. I love the comfy-cas feeling!
- February 16, 2022 at 4:14 am #622222LadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 810Has thanked: 2882 timesBeen thanked: 2679 times
Stevie, as you are probably aware (I post it often enough), I’m in a DADT, maybe she knows, maybe she doesn’t know all, situation at home. But I can still get my girl on often enough and secretively under my drab.
And as I told a girl with whom I made friends at a lesbian bar, who realized how tough I had it, being in the closet most of the time and all, I am happy to be Raquel, underdressed at home or out in full bloom when I travel for business. I’m happy being a husband in a loving marriage. I’m just happy.
- February 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm #622189Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 860Has thanked: 19042 timesBeen thanked: 3062 times
I could use a couple of nice feminine tops, a pair or two of sensible shoes. (I kind of went nuts with stilettos.) Maybe a belt, and a necklace too. However I think I need to stop buying for a while…
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Lara Tucker. Reason: Emoji
- February 16, 2022 at 3:56 am #622220Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 10:03 am #622304Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 860Has thanked: 19042 timesBeen thanked: 3062 times
My shoes are only worn at home for a couple of hours once or twice a month. If I ever do decide to go out, I’ll absolutely have to get lower heels. I’m sure I would be spotted as a CD in an instant in any of my shoes if I were out. I just love the way they look though!
Maybe slow down on the purchases then. I’m pretty sure you are right stopping would be nearly impossible for very long at least. 🤗
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Lara Tucker. Reason: Emoji
- February 15, 2022 at 9:02 pm #622173Twilla ThompsonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 54Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 292 times
I lack casual things, to include shoes. I need something to wear to the grocery store or Goodwill most of my clothes and shoes are on the “dressy” side. Shoes are difficult as I wear 15 wide. And what gal couldn’t use more bling for the ears, neck and wrists!
- February 16, 2022 at 3:51 am #622219Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
Twilla I find myself in the same position- buying more casual things. I think many of us start off with the dressy stuff and then eventually settle into wanting the occasional relaxed casual look.
- February 15, 2022 at 7:36 pm #622151Requal JoanneLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 512Has thanked: 554 timesBeen thanked: 1706 times
- February 15, 2022 at 6:43 pm #622132HostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3601Has thanked: 51906 timesBeen thanked: 12784 times
Hi Stevie OMG girl i hate to even say the only thing i lack in is the space i have a walk in closet thats 6Ft deep and 15 ft long and Full girlfriend a couple of months ago i went thru and counted just hangers which was dresses blouses and skirts a few pants jackets sweaters and all there was well over 200 hanging there and a bit since then about 50 pairs of heels flats and 12 pairs of boots from ankle to knee to thigh high length.. Besides whats in dressers as shorts leggins t shirts hose bras panties gosh way to much for this girl but when you see at a thrift store something looking cute in the basket it goes as im not bragging girls but wife helps there also as she picks things out im thinking for her and its for Stephanie so not all my fault he he hugs girlfriend .. I have seen some larger size heels from time to time im an 11 girl my self i will keep you in mind its a 13 womens and 4 ” or less let me know..
Big hugs girlfriend
- February 15, 2022 at 2:49 pm #622048Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 6Replies: 1015Has thanked: 1795 timesBeen thanked: 3533 times
- February 15, 2022 at 6:06 pm #622124Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 4:28 pm #622410Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5148Has thanked: 7330 timesBeen thanked: 13108 times
- February 15, 2022 at 6:30 pm #622130Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5148Has thanked: 7330 timesBeen thanked: 13108 times
Torrid carries shoes to a 13 extra extra wide. Our store carries to a 12 (in store) but often has 13’s from returns. On line you can find the 13 WW shoes, boots, casual shoes. Check out the web site at Torrid.com. They are CD friendly so the associates are really helpful.
For saving your dollars look at the clearance section. The sales often can save you another 50%. I’ve also seen clearance sales to buy one clearance item get two free so check back often.
- February 16, 2022 at 4:16 pm #622404
- February 16, 2022 at 4:26 pm #622407Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 94Replies: 5148Has thanked: 7330 timesBeen thanked: 13108 times
Happy shopping. Wear nylons or tights that you plan to wear with your shoes to check the fit. Torrid associates are great. If there is something you like, but not in your size they can order it from the web for you. And shop to the store if you’re still in the closet or home.
- February 15, 2022 at 12:47 pm #621992Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 527Has thanked: 841 timesBeen thanked: 2654 times
Boots. Belts. And wigs. We live in a small cabin. (Did I say small.) The outside is uneven hard ground. Not conducive for heels. So I don’t have any.
Some boots would be appropriate. A wide belt to go around tops or dress would give more of the illusion of curves. (I don’t have forms. )
A wig or two would allow experimenting with styles and colors.
I’ll add a 4th. Jewellery. Rings, necklaces, bangles.
- February 15, 2022 at 7:55 am #621916Nancy GammsDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: March 1, 2017Topics: 14Replies: 271Has thanked: 112 timesBeen thanked: 793 times
- February 15, 2022 at 7:45 am #621912Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 25Replies: 1298Has thanked: 8119 timesBeen thanked: 6449 times
When I think of my wardrobe I want to cry remembering all those nice beautiful things I purged the last two times. Not doing that ever again! Now I want some dresses and pants and a girl can never have enough heels can they? Unfortunately size 14 is not easy to find… oh to be less.
- February 15, 2022 at 12:16 pm #621985Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 15, 2022 at 6:40 am #621889Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1034Has thanked: 3946 timesBeen thanked: 4809 times
- February 15, 2022 at 6:26 am #621887LadyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 59Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 312 times
My wardrobe is quite adequate in terms of quantity, and quality, but I often find it lacking, when it comes to having lots of items that coordinate well with other items. I used to buy everything that I thought was cute, but have found it helpful to concentrate on one or two outfits at a time. I am not at all lacking in the shoe department as evidenced by my wife’s complaints. Even wearing a size 11, I have been able to build a nicely varied collection of shoes, everything from sneakers to heels, both at retail and in thrift stores.
- February 15, 2022 at 6:15 am #621884Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 787Has thanked: 846 timesBeen thanked: 3556 times
I too lack shoes, I have 3 pairs of pumps, a bootie, a shootie, and a pair of flats. That being said, I don’t head out too often and my wife doesn’t like me wearing shoes in the house as it may scuff up our floors. So my collection of shoes is is fine as it stands.
What I don’t have is a nice coat for outside. I use my wife’s semi long tan trench coat if I head outside en femme, but it doesn’t happen often. Like the shoes, I can’t justify spending $$$ on a coat that I may use once in a blue moon.
- February 15, 2022 at 6:46 am #621892
- February 15, 2022 at 6:08 am #621881Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 700Has thanked: 3993 timesBeen thanked: 3363 times
Hmm… “fashion sense” is what I lack most! LOL!!
I’m only lacking something if I need it for something. So, for the upcoming St Patrick Day’s Pub Night, I’m getting a very nice feminine and very green sweater as part of my outfit.
I have 4 pairs of shoes of varying heights, 2 are black and the others are red and fuchsia. My 3 inch pumps are my go-to shoes for any outings because I can WALK in them! The others are 4.5 inches and higher and they’re stupid, but they do make me look HOT!!
My go-to place for shoes is shoesfreaks.ca and they have sizes 13 and higher. Prices aren’t bad and they loves CDs!! I also like The Bay for my dresses, skits and sweaters and go straight to “Forever 21” because they have XL and it fits me perfectly! I’ve gotten dressed from them for $15!! However, I’m starting to wonder if they’re made by exploited child laborers. I hope not.
Keep it unbuttoned!
- February 15, 2022 at 5:56 am #621877Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 270Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1648 times
I currently own only 3 pairs of women’s pants and tons of undies. That’s it at present. I only recently braved wearing a pair of pants in public and it was a great thrill. I hope for more. Time will tell.
- February 15, 2022 at 5:38 am #621865Michelle SkylarLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 197Has thanked: 625 timesBeen thanked: 721 times
Sadly, shoes for me as well. I have two pairs of heels, one red and one black. I have big feet so they are hard to find, especially at thrift stores. I bought a pair of women’s sneakers last week that looked cute in the picture. In real life they look like a couple of boats.
- February 15, 2022 at 5:42 am #621867Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- February 16, 2022 at 5:03 pm #622428Managing AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 79Replies: 1874Has thanked: 8328 timesBeen thanked: 9563 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.