Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi! I’m temporarily living in Tampa,FL.

I’m really not into dressing up in clubs. I prefer more wide open spaces. I only like dressing up at clubs if it’s a laid back atmosphere. …Ybor city gave me an odd feeling. When I lived in New Orleans I could find places and even walk down the street but Tampa just seems a little more judgemental, though I hope I am wrong.

Any hints where to go in Tampa or somewhere else in the area?

I’m 40 and have been doing it on and off for 20 years. I haven’t in a few years. Out of the swing of things. My friend in Winnipeg said I would get shot there if I were to dress, but I think he was just teasing me,lol. I do find some places more tolerant than others.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ybor does have an odd vibe, particularly on the weekends. Sorta like it’s always on edge. Have you been to City Side? Seems much more laid back.

Hi Jennifer, I know what you mean. Dressing up and going to clubs is OK on occasion but I prefer to get into ‘girl mode’ and go out shopping or just having a quiet cup of coffee at a nice coffee shop. I do wish I had more time to meet some local girls for an occasional “Girl’s Day Out”! I will be curious to see what you discover in Tampa. Take care. Hugs, Paulette

Terri Anne
      Ambassador

Hello Jennifer,

Welcome to our amazing CrossDresserHeaven (CDH) site. So glad you have joined us here. Feel free to explore all that our site has to offer.

The Warmth, Compaasion and Hospitality of our community members can be found throughout the site.

Please do make use of the forums and articles or public chat room and friendships offered here on CrosDresser Heaven.

At any Membership level, You can contact any of us via [ PM ] Private Messages.  You can find that link on each member’s Wall under their Profile picture.

Also, you may find what you need such as Help Center or Ambassadors by using the links in the top R/H drop down 3 bar [ hamburger ] menu.

Here is a good link to review the membership levels and the privledges for each. Such as Private Chat, Groups, etc.

Regards,

Terri Anne, Ambassador

=========== Link to our public Chat room   ==============

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/chat/

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to CDH.

Alice

Hi Jennifer, welcome to CDH! How long ago did you live in New Orleans? I live in Metairie, 20 mins from “da Qwatah”. I’d like to hear about the places in NOLA you frequented while en femme.

— Camryn Occasionnel

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My nephew graduated from an art school in Sarasota 3 years ago.  When I came out to him, he told me there’s a thriving LGBTQ community in the city.  It’s pretty close to Tampa.  Might be worth checking out.

https://www.gayborhood.com/buzz/sarasota/

https://www.visitsarasota.com/blog/lgbtq-organizations-and-social-groups-sarasota-county

Patty Phose
      Duchess

This may not be for you, but it might be worth checking out. There is Hamburger Mary’s in Orlando and Clearwater. They put on drag shows. It might not be your deal, but it could be a dressing opportunity. You could always call them and ask if it would be acceptable if you went in there dressed, or you can stop by there to check it out.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?