Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Gals, I started dressing two months back. I told my friend and family pretty much straight away as I knew I couldn’t hold it back any more. Since then I have processed well in my ability to dress.

I’m struggling on how to combine my family life and Trisha. My family fully accept I’m a Xdresser, but have yet to meet Trisha.

I can understand that they are busy given my mum has custody of my 2 nieces and has an adopted son. As well as a lot of health conditions. My dad works slot to pay the bills.

Even so I’d love for them to aleast meet my Trisha. I feel they treat her like she’s a, and it sounds harsh, a parasite, who’s taking their son away. A few weeks back my mum was supposed to meet me at my sister’s flat where I was staying a lot at the time. I want to show her how much I’ve progressed and to meet Trisha, but she never turned up.

To this day no one in my family has met Trisha or has shown any sign of wanting to. Id love for them to meet her at least once so they know she’s not the enemy. The kids don’t know about Trisha, nor do my parents or I want them too.

Can anyone offer any insights on how I can change this without pushing things too much.

Love Trish

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Trisha, that can be a very hard question to answer.  Maybe you need to put this on the back burner for now.  I can easily see you are so anxious to share Trisha with all those close to you.  You know them best and have an idea of a way to show them. It is likely they are uneasy about you as a woman.  For now put this aside I know I want all to see me and accept me.  I have 1 daughter who knows but doesn’t want to see or talk about Sandy.

Best of luck to you            Sandy

Hi Sandy, thank you for the advice. Guess I’m gonna have to learn patients. Hopefully things improve with your daughter.

Love Trish

I imagine it would be difficult for a parent to process, especially older generations who grew up in a more conservative world view. “That’s just wrong” is likely the first thing in their head.

I agree with Sandy, give them time to accept it. Or allow that they may not truly accept it. Just as you’re entitled to your own life, and to make your own choices, they’re still allowed their own opinions too, even if they’re different than what you’d want. It sounds like residual your mother had a lot on her plate, so she may need even more time to deal with that too. “On top of all this?” As it were.

I realize you know them best, so you must make your own decision on it. Just don’t push them to far too fast, it could backfire. You told them, and that’s an important first step. If you think they’re open to it, just try to have a conversation about it, and let them know how important it is to you.

Bridgette

Hi Bridgette, thank you for the advice. Guess I’m gonna have to give them more time.

Love Trish

Jane Don
      Lady

Easy Gurl–don’t push Too hard–or Too fast–& you talk about how difficult it is for your parents day to day–How they seem to have little time–& lots of responsibilities-also sounds like they don’t have a lot of Extra money either–All these things need to be taken into consideration–the times they will have “Free Time” (although with kids things change all the time)– You wanted your mum to meet you at Your Sisters flat (not even offering to buy her lunch or anything)–& how much trouble for her to free up the time to Travel & be without the children -Baby sitters ect–let alone if she’s feeling well that day–You say dad works a lot-that means he’s going to be tired—Your parents should’nt have to walk /take public transit or Drive when it’s something You want- So-It’s up to YOU–Not them to work things out so YOU Not they who have to make the Extra effort to make things happen– Manners Gurl–Maners-

Hi Jane, thinking back, your right. I have got to take the lead on this one. I didn’t have any plans for that day, that didn’t involve what I wanted. This definitely has to change. I think I need to create some positive association with Trisha before they meet her. I know she makes me three times tidier and has made my moods much more positive.

Love love Trish

Jane Don
          Lady

Now your using your head for more than a hat rack–Good luck gurl

Trisha from a recent experience I can tell you that knowing about someone cross dressing is very different to seeing them cross dressed. A short while ago I decided that I should come out as a cross dresser and I reached out to friends, colleagues and relations. One friend and colleague in particular was very supportive. In our email correspondence I sent him photos of me dressed as HildaRuth with the option of looking at them or not. Either way his decision and no hard feelings. In writing back to me he wrote that it had been a difficult decision to decide to look at the photos and that when he did the experience was very different from simply reading about it. He said that he was still very happy for me in being/becoming HildaRuth but he now had some inkling of the strong feelings that my wife had. He has known both of us for many years. His parting shot was that I certainly looked far more stylish and elegant as HildaRuth than I ever did as David and that he wanted to keep in touch with me as HildaRuth. So I agree with all those who have said, “Hold back”. Your family has more than enough to deal with and I really believe that although acknowledging and becoming Trisha is very important for you the really brave thing to do is to put revealing her on hold and do all you can to help them solve the many everyday problems that are facing.
      I’m sure that such patience will pay big dividends in the future.
      With much love and good wishes
      HildaRuthxx

Hi Hilda, thank you for sharing your experience honey. I am going to give it more time. Gonna show them I’m much  happier and organised before I introduce the idea the them meeting her.

Love Trish

Good luck Trisha
          My thoughts will be with you.
          And when the time is right do let us on CDH know how you got on.
          HRxx

Hi Samantha, thank you for reply. I guess that I was underestimating the time required. Patients has never been a strong suit of mine, guess I’m gonna have to learn it.

Love Trish

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?