Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi all,

I live at home with family, but not sure where I can hide clothes. I don’t have a car trunk or anything. I heard you can find a cheap “locker” at a crossdresser friendly place, does anyone know more about that?

Even when I move out, I’m trying to figure out where I can hide clothes, as I’ll likely have family come visit.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Alyssa – I see that you live in the NYC area.  A small self storage unit should give you plenty of space for your stuff.  I’m sure there are some nearby.  Have you thought about coming out to your family?

Hugs, Emily

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

“I second Emily’s motion”, get yourself a storage locker/unit… The biggest you can afford. I have a “luxury” one, 10ft x10ft, with natural light and power. I’ve carpeted it and I keep 90$ of all caty’s “stuff” in there. I have an old desk and chair as well and I sit there eating my lunch and look at all of Catys outer clothes on the “two rail” retail store dress rack, where they hang.

Caty.

Hi Alyssa over the years I have hidden items in many places (I am a secret dresser ) many years ago I had a firms van and I hid my clothing under the false floor needed to remove four screws ,was involved in an accident (not my fault ) the repair garage had the vehicle for about a month ,all the time I was worried they would find the stash ,most other times hidden in the lofts of various houses we lived in ,in two suitcases in the garage (present house ) now been moved to my ‘ man shed ‘ or should I say ‘female shed’stored in three large plastic containers which are now over flowing ,will need another one soon way the ‘buying ‘ is going ,at least with the containers able to keep clothing ,mainly undies clean and tidy .
      Michelle xx

Anonymous
      Lady

It’s sad to have to hide our clothes. But I understand why some have to do that because at one time I had to do that too. If you choose a storage locker do make sure it has power and easy access. Climate control is another thing to consider if you live in a high humidity location. When I was married I kept my things in my shed and a few items in my drawers since I did my own laundry and put my clothes up myself. She never found them because luckily she didn’t snoop. Now I’m divorced and empty nester so I don’t have to hide my things.

Sandy

When hiding things it is all a question of volume, where you live, and when you get to dress and need to get them.  I would only have a few things at a time that would take up maybe one briefcase or backpack, a complete outfit basically.  I kept stuff in a work related bag like that.  I’ve kept in our artificial christmas tree bag at times.  I started hanging things in a garment bag in my closet next to my other suit garment bags.  I have shoes in other shoe boxes in my closet.  Some dresser drawers have room under the bottom drawer or similar in file cabinets.

K Swim
      Lady

The last place I used to hide clothes was inside the A/C air intake vent in my hallway….not very good advice, but mine had a LOT of space in it that was not part of the path of air flow.

Nowadays I live alone, so I have one piece swimsuits not only in the primary closet where I store them, but scattered between 2 other rooms and in my bathroom…..because I can.

Anonymous

Luckily i dont have to hide clothes now, but when i did i had a bed that sat on a frame with drawers on each side of the bed. I use to pull the drawers out of the frame and lay my clothes on the floor and put the drawers back in on top of them.

Chelly

Anonymous

When was smaller and growing up use to hide things between mattress and box spring.  When got older and had way to many to hide while at home with parents paid a rental fee for small storage place which was climate controlled.  Now all grown up and have own house no more hiding things.

Donna

The issue with hiding things is lack of space, accessibility, and likelihood of being found.

My hiding spot has run out of room, is not easily accessible when others are home, and while not likely to be found it could be.

Therefore I am on the hunt for alternatives. Unfortunately I can’t afford or conceal the rental of a locker….but that does sound ideal.

Hey Alyssa,

Do you have any valuables? A gun. Some coins, ect? Tell the family you don’t want to spring for a safe and buy an old tin upright  locker or two. You may be suprized at what you can stuff in them aside from the items you mentioned to the family. Then lock em up!

Geraldine Mac
      Baroness - Annual

I keep two suitcases of stuff in the roof. While I’m confident that my wife will never venture up there, it is a pain in the ass getting it up and down when I have few hours to myself. I’ve thought about a storage locker, but can’t face the cost 😞 Zsazsa.

Anonymous

I’m supper lucky at the moment, my SO and I share a panty drawer and I have a closet to myself, my wife calls it my ‘magic closet’ where I keep everything. In the past though, when I was in your situation, I’d often purge or if I wasn’t able to go through with that, an old duffle bag stuffed in a closet somewhere or in the basement with other stuff usually did the trick. I’ve never tried renting a locker but that would have probably save a few things from purges that I wish I still had.

At the moment I am a secret dresser as well.

When I started crossdressing again in my mid-50’s I kept my small stash in a gap under a cupboard. As I slowly increased the clothes and accessories I had I decided to keep them amongst by hobby stuff (for which I have a large amount of storage) which my SO doesn’t root around in.

I allocated myself a certain amount of space – I use the bottom part of a cupboard and a couple of suitcases; new items when purchased go into a ‘hidey hole’ in my car and are brought in when home alone.   This is enough to hold what I need for the frequency I get to crossdress – about 4 times a month. When I am near to running out of space I clear out some of the clothes and donate them to charity.

I hope you find the best solution to your storage needs 🙂

Before I came out to my wife, I too dressed in secret.

I thought I could suppress the urge but it became too much and I started buying clothes again.  That little voice in my head don’t buy it because you won’t have a place to hide it, but the urge was too great and overrode that little voice.

What I did was I kept some boxes from tools I bought, for example boxes power drills come in isn’t very big, so I had to use creative folding to jam as much into the box but not have the box bulge out as it would be suspicious.  I also kept stuff in the gun locker.

The problem I had was if they were stored off site. I could not dress if a short opportunity arose. So I had them hidden in totes under Christmas and Halloween decorations. Nobody ever found them but they eventually would have. . Then I built a small heated space above my garage where I hung my stuff and applied my makeup.  I have gone over the edge so far now that I could never hide it all. Lucky for me my wife found out and was accepting. I started my own closet and have expanded into a second. It was so hard and stressful when I had to hide everything.

Hi Alyssa, fortunately I don’t have to currently worry about that since I have a very accepting SO, but my advice to you would be to do what I did growing up which was to use trash bags and just put them in the back of the closet hidden out of the way.

Hi Alyssa We have all ask the same question and have found the most interesting hiding places. At some point you have to stop and tell those you live with. These are the clothes I enjoy wearing and this how I want to present myself even if it is some times. Just too much to think about and worrying somebody may find your clothes We all have bigger things to worry about. You are who you are accept me or reject me I am just tired of hiding, You will get there one day when you get tired of hiding. nI the mean time try and blend some of your clothes with your male clothes. Wig, breast forms, ect will have to be hidden. until you are  ready to share your secret.

Luv Stephanie

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?