- Eye Shadow
- Lip Liner
- Fake Eyelashes
- Other - Please comment
- April 23, 2017 at 9:46 pm #52362Vanessa LawFounderRegistered On: April 19, 2012Topics: 79Replies: 158Has thanked: 40 timesBeen thanked: 460 times
- September 24, 2020 at 11:28 am #387155Carolyn KayParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 204Has thanked: 982 timesBeen thanked: 896 times
I have to use eye liner that comes off easy, so it limits my choices. I always have a problem with getting a nice smooth line as I apply it. I am so bad with it I rarely use it anymore.
- September 24, 2020 at 11:26 am #387154Caroline OBrienParticipantRegistered On: April 18, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 39Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 149 times
I have a scar just above my right eye from a childhood bicycle accident. It creates a hooded effect that makes applying eyeshadow difficult. One day I’m going to go see a professional to see how they would apply to this tricky area.
- September 24, 2020 at 11:15 am #387153
- September 22, 2020 at 3:26 pm #386486Taylor AndrewsParticipantRegistered On: August 17, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 21Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
Eyeshadow. I dont know why, but every time i end up looking like a raccoon. All the youtube videos and girl friend advice just doesn’t make me any better at application. Its frustrating because I find eyeshadow the most creative form of makeup
- September 21, 2020 at 4:19 am #385899Tammie SwensonParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 29Replies: 401Has thanked: 752 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
Agreed false lashes are a $%%%$%tch😖😫😣
- September 21, 2020 at 3:35 am #385892
- September 21, 2020 at 3:11 am #385889Tammie SwensonParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 29Replies: 401Has thanked: 752 timesBeen thanked: 697 times
FALSE eyelashes #1
EYELINER #2 especially wings
Mascara #3 especially my left eye as I m right handed
Applying eyeliner or mascara to eyebrows is #4
No problem with lipstick and lipliner nor Foundation Cream and foundation powder
- September 19, 2020 at 11:02 pm #385425Dawn WyvernAmbassadorRegistered On: February 23, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 128Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
- September 19, 2020 at 10:12 pm #385411Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 40Replies: 889Has thanked: 1975 timesBeen thanked: 1739 times
Well, I must say! Make-up requires practice to master each discipline; and even still we seasoned makeup ladies will stumble. My weak point for the makeup application process is fake eyelashes!! Some days they just apply with loving care and practically jump onto my lids perfectly. Other days….I just want to cry because they just will not play nice, and I glue everything but my lashes on to my lids. Hope this was just an “eye opener” to remember…no matter how bad it gets, you can just wash your face an try try again!
- September 19, 2020 at 8:13 pm #385399Michaela CruzParticipantRegistered On: August 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 95 times
- March 3, 2018 at 4:09 am #89758AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 4 times
As with many of the other girls here, the fake eyelashes are just the worst. Even tried magnetics, but those aren’t much better. Also, what is the deal with fake nails? Seems like I can never get them to stay on. Almost as if my real nails are contoured differently than the fake ones.
- February 24, 2018 at 2:40 pm #88897Jenna GoodParticipantRegistered On: January 1, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 104Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 275 times
- February 24, 2018 at 11:30 am #88881Jenna GoodParticipantRegistered On: January 1, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 104Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 275 times
I’d have to say that highlighter or concealers are the hardest to apply. First of most CD have a big nose so we all need to highlight part of it and conceal part of it. Some of use have acne scars to cover, Foundation dose not often cover them.
- February 22, 2018 at 7:07 am #88588
- February 21, 2018 at 10:28 am #88446AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 2 times
- February 24, 2018 at 11:54 am #88882Jenna GoodParticipantRegistered On: January 1, 2018Topics: 15Replies: 104Has thanked: 223 timesBeen thanked: 275 times
Here is a tip for eyeliners that I like to use. Use your little finger. Dab it lightly in the color you’d like to use and apply it to the center of your eyelid. Very lightly when you first touch it to the lid, then press it a little heavier as you go to the outside of each eyelid. It will look kind of like it’s smeared. The takes some practice. Some girls like to cover the whole eyelid, But this method looks very natural. Look at some of the models pics. And please leave others a comment if you like it. Rest your elbow in a table if you a little shaky.
- June 4, 2017 at 5:31 am #56545Genivieve BujoldParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 42Has thanked: 125 timesBeen thanked: 158 times
For me eyeliner is most difficult. I love it when I get it right especially when I tight line my upper lid, that makes my lashes look so pretty and full once I put my mascara on. Even when I get it right, my eyes want to tear up so badly I have a terrible time getting it to stay put.
- May 23, 2017 at 2:48 am #55523CC WebbFounderRegistered On: May 9, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 139Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 119 times
I just haven’t gotten the art of eyeshadow down. There are just so many variables to put together in such a small space and rives me batty. I had to leave false eyelashes out, because even though I struggled when I tried them I have good enough natural lashes that the right amount of mascara almost does the trick. Guess I just convinced myself to try again ::wink:: Off to the drugstore I go, maybe a new shade of lipstick while I’m there, and…..forget it, I need the dept store brands for that!
- May 22, 2017 at 11:28 am #55420Jessica St. JohnMemberRegistered On: January 6, 2017Topics: 2Replies: 47Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 88 times
It was always eyeliner for me. I finally just forced myself to practice, practice, practice. That and a magnifying mirror have made it much easier, I’m competent with it now. Even confident enough to experiment with adding a little wing to the corners, it seems like such a real woman thing. 🙂 Now I’m trying to master false eyelashes. Haven’t gotten that down yet, but working on it.
- May 22, 2017 at 2:09 am #55368
- May 20, 2017 at 4:12 pm #55254AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 4Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 7 times
I wear glasses all the time, and it’s a little awkward trying to get the pencil around my lens. I can’t see clearly that close up without them.
- May 20, 2017 at 4:11 am #55213Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1161Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1104 times
eye shadow is hard for me to apply, even though there is a stick with a cotton ball at each end. how much to apply at 1 end and smooth out is hard, top of eye lid is for what color dark and the bottom for a lighter color, but getting better at it i suppose. but still tough for me to apply and ideas on what color is top and what color is bottom and a way to apply dark to light for what end of the eye lid, is it the inner eye lid suppose to be darker then smooth out to a lighter color? what colors to apply is another thing when wearing a dress, should it be a color to match the dress of chose?
- May 20, 2017 at 4:43 am #55221AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 3Replies: 11Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 29 times
1st tip. first thing is throw out that eye brush those things don’t do any good.
2nd tip. sounds like you need to get a nice set of make up brushes they will make it so much easier to apply and smudge colors together.
3rd tip. is to use a eye primer before applying any eye shadow, your colors will be so much more vibrant.
Last tip. Don’t go cheap on your pallete, grab a nice one at department store or places like ulta or Sephora you won’t regret it and they tend to come with a better brush.
Watch YouTube tutorials and you’ll be slaying that eye makeup in no time.
- May 13, 2017 at 11:02 am #54487Cindy DenierParticipantRegistered On: January 2, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 1 time
It has to be false eyelashes for me. I consider myself a patient person but those things drive me crazy. But they totally change the look and can be fantastic when I get them right. Keep trying Cindy…keep trying.
- May 3, 2017 at 3:31 pm #53441GloryParticipantRegistered On: April 27, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 35Has thanked: 11 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
Contouring is what makes all the difference I’ve found especially in pics getting the right highlight and shading but thanks to u tube and practice I’m getting the hang of it and it makes an amazing difference.
- May 4, 2017 at 5:33 am #53490Michelle WilmingtonParticipantRegistered On: April 17, 2017Topics: 7Replies: 85Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 357 times
Eyeliner is defiantly number one, followed closely by false eyelashes, and eyeshadow. finally getting better with my eye brows, but still need to work on them. would love to get a professional makeover sometime.
- April 26, 2017 at 3:24 am #52679Christy HunterParticipantRegistered On: January 22, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 10Has thanked: 107 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
This was an easy one for me… Eyeliner is the DEVIL! Unfortunately I love the look when I get it right so I keep practicing. I think it’s just the phobia of having something that close to my eye.
- April 24, 2017 at 2:07 pm #52448RoseParticipantRegistered On: September 15, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 619Has thanked: 89 timesBeen thanked: 302 times
I voted eyeliner, but I guess it’s worth pointing out that I’ve never tried lip liner or false eyelashes. I suspect the latter would give me absolute fits, though.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.