Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

As you’ll know by now, I haven’t dressed for a while. But when I did I would get into my dress, bra, lingerie and heels before doing my makeup. Which order to you ladies favour?

I agree, pick the outfit first, then makeup and then jewelry.  The only exception would be nail polish, and that is picked first.

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

Yeah good point Denise. Nothing sexier than doing your makeup with lovely polished nails.

Hugs, Chrissie.

Hi Chrissie i usually put on lingere then makeup all ready picked out what dress to wear so i kind of know what colors of shadow to use to make it all turn out pretty .. Good question girl..

Stephanie

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Chrissie, I kind of cheated with the dress first answer because I haven’t used makeup in more than 20 years, but I want to start again but the beard must come off first.

Sherri

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Chrissie, so thinking back on all the times when I’ve had the time to do it all right (if I didn’t it was catch as catch can!), first a nice hot bath, lots of bubbles, a candle or two, wine. After drying off, into some foundation wear and a bathrobe. Nails next if I had even extra time, then facial cosmetics. A dress I had already picked out, and jewelry. But that’s me. Any which way that one finds comfortable is the best way.

Hugs, ChloëC

Obviously my makeup is fairly dark and any smudges will be quite noticeable. As it is I have to was my hands thoroughly in order to make sure that I don’t get makeup on anything. For anything that is pullover, I put on a mesh cap over my head first. That is less risky than putting on clothes first.

I haven’t varied my dressing routine since I started dressing in full femme, and that’s been years ago.

I always get fully dressed before starting my makeup, that includes shoes/heels. However, that does NOT include my wig. After making up my face, and doing my eye makeup, THEN the wig goes on and then the lipstick. Add a few items of jewelry, and, voilà !! The full Camryn!

If I’ve decided to paint my nails on any given night, I’ll usually do that as the final step.

Hi Chrissie I always start with my outfit, the first thing i put on are my stockings when i start rolling that first stocking on then i know Roz is on her way, I know it may be not for long but the excitement of opening that closet door is fabulous, I’m not very good at putting on my makeup so i just put a bit of lipstick on which is enough for now,

I’m hoping that a can get a professional makeover and photo shoot done sometime soon and fulfill a life long dream of mine which is to meet up with some of the girls and spend some time as Roz X

Hugs Rozalyn X 🎀

Chrissie Smith
        Baroness

So well described Roz. That sweet anticipation is such an integral part of the whole process.

I’m lucky enough to be going for a full professional dressing and makeover service in June. No doubt I’ll post a report and who knows, even a picture or two!

Kisses, Chrissie.

Hi Chrissie i wish i could join you for a makeover,

If I’m lucky enough to have a makeover and photo shoot then i would certainly load up some photos of the event, It must be nice to have the freedom to go anywhere and meet up with some of the girls and spend some time doing girly things X

Hugs and kisses Rozalyn X 🎀

Chrissie Smith
            Baroness

Hi Roz. Not sure I’m ready to venture out into the big scary world. It’s been 35 years after all! Will just be happy if they can turn me into a feminine girly for a few hours. I’m just after natural looks; a nice dress, skirt and blouse etc. And lovely hair and heels of course. Nothing too extreme.

I’ve spent ages looking at their galleries trying to imagine myself in some of the fabulous outfits, and the makeup all looks sooo cute. I’m so excited. Can’t wait!

Kisses, Chrissie.

I’m sure you will look amazing Chrissie,

The thing is Chrissie is the big wide world ready for you X 🎀

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Really dressy dressed is makeup first, outfit, then wig.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Lingerie, (including bra and attaching breast forms ), plus dressing gown firstfor me, (in warmer months when it’s comfy to do so, silk. silk, silk..)

Then make up, finally wig, outfit, shoes and jewellery.

With “soft music” from my I phone in the background….

Oh so very femme and relaxing…

Caty.

Shave, wash, moisturize, makeup.

Dress, shoes, hair.

I always put on a pair of panties first, then apply makeup.  Some of the make up I use comes in powder form, so when applying I don’t want make up powder all over Wendy’s clothing.  I either go topless or wear a grungy t shirt so either way I can brush off the make up powder easily.

For the most part I apply my makeup first however depending on what I will be wearing I may dress first then wear a zip up top to keep any powder or whatever from getting on said outfit.

Sandy

I voted for the outfit first.  I love to see myself all dressed in the mirror while I apply the makeup and see the woman emerge.  The earrings and wig go on last for the finished product.

The answer is simple for me.  Given that I do not wear makeup, there is only one answer – get dressed.

Anonymous

I usually put on my undergarments first and then put on my makeup. I them put on my dress and wig after that.

Tanya
        Lady

Undergarments, wig, makeup, jewelry, heels

Same exact routine as you but add nylon stockings 3rd after panties and garters , then rest of lingerie, Outer dress or blouse , wig and earrings, necklace, shoes( flats or low heels) then top coat if needed , purse with wallet, phone, car keys , makeup bag, tissues, extra face tape tabs and drawstring- then out the door as Meghan  for 3 hours 😉👄💄

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Hi ladies. Thanks for all your insights. Just trying to pick up some tips! I was going to add a third option ‘It’s complicated’ but judging by your responses you’d all have gone for that one 😂.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

All my makeup goes on first then the lingerie & clothes.

Any clothing going over my head first, then make up!

B x

Since I find sitting in front of my mirror in my panties , bra slip and stocking to be extremely feminine I do makeup first then a dress jewelry and lastly close the door on boy mode by stepping into my heels.

For me, first shave any unwanted hair, then makeup and finally clothing, jewelry and lastly, the wig.

Lanna

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Chrissie, thanks for the post. I always get dressed first and then apply my make up. In my learning curve as a CD I found out fairly quickly that, more often that not, if I was putting on clothing that was fairly form fitting I would end up getting either foundation or lipstick on the material some where as I tried to put it on. It just wasn’t worth the grief.

Trish 💖

Dress, then makeup, then wig..

I’m always scared of smearing any makeup if I have to put on a top or dress over-head..

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I get dressed first then do my makeup. I usually leave my wig off when I do my makeup (just makes it easier) but I do put it on before I put my lipstick on (makes me feel so feminine).

Hugs, Liara

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I selected makeup because that’s 90% of the time true.

There are a few outfits that I have to pull over my head that would screw up the makeup..

For those, I dress, then wrap a towel or something around the shoulders to protect the clothes from me making a mess…

Have fun out there,

Rayna

Everything but my wig, earrings and perfume goes on first.  I’ve got a daily routine, now that I’ve been doing it every day, my makeup has to match my outfit so I’m always dressed while putting my face on  🙂

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I always dress first, only because I can’t wait to put the clothes on!
      I’m also worried about getting makeup on the clothes. One thing I’ve been thinking about recently is getting a makeup fixer that you spray on after applying so that it doesn’t come off, but then you make it more difficult to remove (for those of us that might have to quickly return to drab mode)
      I like to have my wig on as well when applying makeup just because it makes me feel more femme, but it’s not always practical, especially when applying foundation.

Wendie Cross
      Duchess

I will dress first so as to not smudge my make up when getting dressed.

Anonymous

I always put my bra and panties on first. Then I throw and old t shirt or something on while I’m doing my makeup.

Depends on the outfit and makeup.

If the dress  has a turtle type neck I will put the dress on first. I don’t want the makeup to transfer to the dress.

And if I am using powders and concerned about fall out/down I will do makeup first.

No matter what I do first I still find putting on makeup and dressing very therapeutic.

Alanna

Melodee
      Ambassador

A lot of makeup is smudgy or powdery. Unless you’re wearing a smock, you’re apt to get it on your outfit. Once your makeup is on, almost anything you’re going to put on should be easy enough to avoid dragging it over your face.

To a finer point – eye makeup first, then the rest. As noted, any eyeshadow or glitter or whatever is going to be all on your cheeks, so do the eyes first and just wipe off any that gets where it oughtn’t. 😉

Anonymous

The majority of the time, I put my clothes on first then makeup and wig last!

Jessica FLA
      Baroness - Annual

I will underdress, including any pantyhose I have decided to wear, then put on a smock to keep any errant makeup from shedding onto me. Then finish my makeup, and dress. Having said that, I live in Florida, and don’t own a turtleneck. At most, most years I would only be able to comfortably wear one about 2 days a year. For the most part wear V-necks, scoop, square, or princess, so dressing while made-up isn’t difficult.

Jessica

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?