Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

We all try to take enough time to do our eye makeup well, so that our eyes appear full and really make our faces look wonderfully feminine. And of course, in addition to eye liner, eye shadow and highlighter, one of the best ways to do that is with long, full eyelashes. Personally, I love wearing mascara, and the longer I make my lashes, the better. Believe it or not, my favorite brand is Maybelline New York Great Lash mascara. I’ve been using it ever since it first came out (yes, I “borrowed” my mother’s tube) and really like it. I’ve tried numerous different brands and styles of applicators over the years, but I always seem to come back to that one. However, I do admit that if I’m going out for the evening or someplace special where I’m dressing to the nines, then there are times when applying false eyelashes provides an even better look. But since I don’t wear false eyelashes that often, that takes me more time to get them applied correctly.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Which do you prefer wearing, mascara or false eyelashes?

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

Holly,

Unfortunately, my eyelashes are practically nonexistent.  I have to wear false eyelashes which are a pain in the butt to put on. I am seriously considering eyelash extensions but I don’t want to freak out the gal at the salon as a guy wanting extensions.

Kerri

Anonymous
      Lady

I don’t have great natural eyelashes but do love false lashes. It takes time to apply but I’ve never had much trouble with it and love the look they give me. From huge to cute, I’ve had some that were so large I could feel the weight on my eyelids. I called them my Betty Boop lashes…. lol. You can add mascara to false lashes too for a fuller look.

Have been a mascara girl for years when just running about town doing errands but wore false eyelashes when dressing up. Now I am wearing them much more often because I love the personal feeling of batting my eyes and feeling the weight and I feel so much more feminine in them.

Anonymous
      Lady

For the longest I gave up on putting on fall eyelashes and one day I saw a video on how to put them on with ease. The person said to take them and bend them inwards to make a nice curve and they will go on easier. I tried that and it worked, I still have some issues but now at least I’m successful. I also found I was not waiting long enough for the glue to get tacky.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I do prefer mascara but I like to wear false eyelashes on occasion.

Hugs, Liara

Holly, I too love making my eyes as pretty as I can. Over the years I’ve tried many different mascaras, my all time favorite is Voluminous by L’Oreal. Lately though I have begun to wear false eyelashes and mascara, ever since I learned how to apply my magnetic lashes, I adore the way my eyes look with a coat of mascara on my own lashes and the magnetic ones as well. 😊

Anonymous

Hi Genivieve. I haven’t heard of magnetic lashes, what are those?

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

Holly, magnetic lashes adhere to a thin strip of eyeliner that has iron powder in it.  I’ve yet to try it, but have read some good reviews of various products.

Raquel, the ones I was talking about have small magnets in the lashes and are a double strip that attach one above and the other, below the lash line. I think what you are referring to is something else.

😊

Holly, a few years back they came out with the magnetic eyelashes. The lashes have an upper and lower lash strip that attach to each other magnetically. I tried some and originally was totally frustrated in trying to get them on. I simply could not get them on properly. Then a girlfriend gave me this tip, cut the bottom strip of the lash in half, put the top lash in place and then attach the inside half of the bottom strip in place followed by the outside half. Once I did that the lashes went on easily and looked so pretty! I never have had any trouble with them going on, or in staying put. They come off easily and last a long time!
          hugs, Genivieve

I don’t have good eyelashes in guy mood so I have always used mascara but now I just love the fake eyelashes.  Glue on and magnetic ones.

Susan

I am blessed with long curly eyelashes, so mascara for me. I can’t tell you the times as a child adults would tell me that my eyes and eyelashes were too pretty for a boy!

Gwyneth
        Lady

I used to get that comment. Now that I’m much older and can do something with it, they’re gone!

Anonymous

My natural lashes are not much to sneeze at.  When I go all out, I love false eyelashes.

Smartina
      Duchess

False eyelashes, on the condition someone else puts them on for me.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I almost always use mascara, mostly because I’m too chicken to put my own false eyelashes. The previous poster who said she likes them only if someone else puts them on fits with me too.

Amy

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

I’m with Amy… mascara 99% of the time, false eyelashes the other 1%. Simple reason, my big make hands are hopeless attaching them. Otherwise I’d do both every time

Caty

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

It all depends on my mood and the occasion, so I chose other.  For daytime or casual affairs, mascara is plenty.  But if it’s an evening out, false lashes and mascara are preferred.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Having tried both, I sort of prefer false eyelashes as I think they make my eyes look a little better, but for me, it’s a little more of a hassle to get them on just right. It’s forced me a little to better learn how to apply mascara.

Hugs ChloëC

I’ve only used false eyelashes a couple of times, and they were put on me (I didn’t do it myself).  I am rarely out anywhere fancy or for long enough to warrant putting on false eyelashes.

Most times I’m likely to not be wearing either.  If I’m going out for a walk in my neighborhood, I am wearing sunglasses so you can’t see my eyes anyway.  If I’m going for an errand, I’m not out long enough to bother putting on mascara.

In fact, I’m more likely to use mascara on my eyebrows to cover the grey than to use on my eyelashes.  It goes on quicker than a pencil and does the same job.

I answered false eyelashes but I wear both

I used to wear mascara but I find it didn’t really extend my lashes at all.

I’ve been wearing falsies for a while now and love it.  I get the long lashes that I want and I’m pretty decent at putting on the glue version of lashes.

Hi Ladies,

I prefer falsies. I’ve gotten used to putting them with DUO glue on without making too much of a mess. I use lashes which are not too long (“101 demi”) and I usually put them on as the first thing in my makeup routine. It helps also to pat them down with a brush and some eyeshadow to fine tune where they sit. In general I love how they look!

xoxoxoxo

–Stephanie DM

My makeup is not very good, would like to try the magnetic false eyelashes, but i have more mascara than i know what to do with lol, need to keep practicing.

Anonymous

Mascara is my “everyday” eyelash enhancer.  I wear false eyelashes when I want an especially glamorous look.  I chose mascara because that is what I wear most often.

Tina Tay
        Lady

i fully agree with Stephanie 100% – daily for mascara and false lashes for the sultry look!

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I regularly wear mascara but use lashes when i want a more pronounced look. Not big ones just something to give my eyes a boost.

I agree with Roberta and do the same thing.   Marg

Gail
      Lady

My False Eyelashes have a tendency to fall off after a few hours of wear.

Thats why I love thick mascara.

I use both first mascara. Then lashes. Then mascara. The mascata helps the eyelashes stay and then blends together.

I wear both.  I have light hair and my lashes are on the light side as well, so I use mascara to darken them a bit and blend them into my magnetic lashes.  I’ve never seen any evidence that “lash extending” mascara works, and I like the extra length and curl the magnetic ones give me.  Not too much for my daily look, but enough to harmonize my eyes.  I also have longer ones for evening.

I prefer to use mascara; using the eyelash curler once a week to improve the effect, but I admit that on some occasions the false eyelashes give that precious touch of glamor that the best mascara alone cannot give us!
      XOXOX from Italy
      Greta ❤️

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

To clarify, I wear both…I selected mascara for the poll.

But, mascara is easiest to “throw” on…

I only put on the lashes when I am doing a serious clubbing night or event.

Otherwise, mascara works just fine…

Have fun out there!!

xoxo

Rayna

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

I love falsies.  But I’ve been considering getting lash extensions.  Supposed to last for 3 weeks or so.  Then when it’s doll-up time lay on the mascara.

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?