Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

If you’ve been out in public you might have had to face a difficult choice.  I need to use a rest room but which one?  Nowadays you see women using men’s rooms when the line is too long.  Are women accepting of cd in their rest room? Do men resent a cd in theirs?  Which do you use?

Play it safe, you’re out for the evening as a beautiful woman. Use the ladies room, GG’s are way more accepting of you being there. I wouldn’t draw unnecessary attention to yourself by using the men’s room.

Adarsini
      Lady

i havnt used womens rest room(ya…one time in life)…but am not comfortable with mens..when it comes to..any difficulty in my inner arrangements…idont want other men to see whats inside my outer wears…

It is very difficult for me to use mens restrooms…when it  is  crowded….

Lots of places I frequently go to have gender free rest rooms. If there is one of these then no problem.

I have used womens rest rooms in the past but that was only when I was inebriated. In the absece of the above option and if out ‘en femme’ and caught short then it would have to be a disabled loo for me.

Some people get really uptight about men using female toilets no matter what they are wearing and its just not worth the aggravation.

Thats my 2 peneth worth.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

My ‘never use public restrooms’ vote is not based on gender politics or fear, it’s based on.. I just don’t use them.

I’ll use the ones in clubs if I am out, but in those clubs, it’s a very hazy matter anyway. Yay !!

Imogen

X

Krista
      Duchess

Great question Jennifer, but I couldn’t vote as I’ve used mens, womens, and gender neutral.  Instead of choosing one response, how about click all that apply?

If I am in full femme mode (skirt or dress) then it is the women’s bathroom or gender neutral.  If I am in “androgynous” mode then it is either gender neutral or men’s.

I’ve had quite a few fun experiences in public bathrooms.  I am mistaken for female all the time.  If I’m walking towards the men’s bathroom, I’ve had women tell me I’m going into the wrong bathroom.  If I go into the men’s bathroom, men in there will tell me I’m in the wrong bathroom or if I’m in there first and a man walks in, he will either tell me that I’m in the wrong bathroom or he says he must be in the wrong bathroom.  That one is the most fun.  No one has ever been violent, thank goodness.

I don’t go into the women’s bathroom in my usual androgynous wear because I am too well known in my small city of 70,000 people. I had a very high profile job before retiring with over 1,000 employees who know me (unfortunately I didn’t know all of them) so I run into former employees all the time.  My wife (who knows) would hate for me to have met them in the women’s bathroom.  Although hundreds of employees have seen me crossdressed for a fun charity fundraiser.  And that’s another story.

Hugs, Krista

Any port in a storm…..maties!

Dame Veronica

I voted for family/handicapped  my preferred RR. AS usually they are single use locking room. Especially if I out fully enfem by myself.

However if, no unisex/family type available and I’m fully enfem I will used Women’s room, especially if it is a locking single room.

IIf I’m with my SOGGF no problem with using a regular multi stall ladies room  she LOL hurries me along so 2 speak.

One time few years ago was at a downtown hotel for formal employees awards ceremony new year’s eve dinner dance  I was wearing a Blue Spandex pencil skirted ankle length back zippered Ladies Formal evening gown.  This night was the first time I was wearing it other than trying it on a few days prior at the formal wear shop’s dressing room  along with SOGGF who pulled up the zipper for me for the last few inches. It’s a square neck gown both in  front and back.

Any how while sitting at our assigned ttable had to “GO” bad SOGGF, was on stage being presented her award, so I had to go to the nearest room, it was a large ladies lounge type restroom, with a large part of it with tables couches etc, then just before the second out only door was another section about 10′ square inside the door with floor to ceiling 3 walls of mirror’s

Anyhow I  did my “dump” but had a devil of a time with the zipper, it was rather warm in the stall by the time I got the zipper back up as far as I could  I figured maybe I stood in front of mirror above sink counter,  maybe with more elbow room I would be able to finish the last 3inches. Sounded like nobody else there walked to sink counter, was struggling with putting zipper last 3″, In walks am obviously GG lady Wearing Silver sequined halterneck backless to her waist evening gown, She said honey let me help you, I just came in to repair my eyemake, btw urs needs repair also, I said I’ve been battling with my zipper for 15mins I’m still my friend is looking for me, she was being given an award when I left to come here. She usually helps me do my eyes. This GG lady said Honey then if you have yours with your let me do yours first. Which is what she did in 3 minutes flat then she did hers in 3 minutes flat just then SOGGF came in figuring maybe I had gone to RR and was trouble with my zipper as I had getting dressed at home  Any how we asked this gal to come to our table for dessert. She did we discovered that she was a professional model  and her firm was having a similarly awards event in the adjacent ballroom. Thusly she knew the tricks of the trade to change/ redo makeup in a hurry along with changing outfits in a hurry without having someone to help. She suggested that I get length of ribbon  about the same color of the gown & long enough to tie one end 2 zipper and equal to space between the top the dress back and the highest point I could pull zipper tab. Then either tuck ribbon inside back of gown or if ribbon color good match let it hang loose.

Sounds like you got lucky Tammie, right place at the right time! Great help and advice from a professional.Thanks for sharing.

love

B

Amy Myers
      Baroness

If I’m femme, I would use the women’s. For what looks like a female using a male washroom, would cause attention to be drawn to oneself, and possibility abuse.

Unisex or family washrooms are best, but not always available.

Amy

Since I posted this question I’ve been out in public several times.  It has been zero problem using the women’s room.  They have chairs and couches!

Chairs and couches ! Now we know why women often go to the restroom in pairs/groups, somewhere to chat.  Another bonus – the seats are always dry !

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

I asked the Orlando Center for LGBTQ whether I could get arrested for using the ladies room as a CD cis male presenting as female.

I was referred to a law office that handles matters for them. I sent an inquiry a week ago but haven’t heard back.

It is certainly a reasonable position to take that we should use the restroom appropriate to the gender I am presenting however, the advice from the Orlando Center was to use the family option.

This is unsettled law, even where there seems to be protective legislation unless there is a sign clearly stating that a CD may use whatever facility is their preference, we are risking much if we chose wrong.  Personally, I do not want to have my family discover my CD via an arrest and publicity.

The advice to, “Be Careful Out There,” isn’t limited to physical assault.

Luv

D

I always use the ladies room.  Since I really am a woman underneath, why not?

I am very feminine and passible and use the makeup counter as well. I have to watch the voice though it is slightly high and feminine.

When you are dressed as a lady,use the womens rest room and if you encounter a GG ,dont worry,They are very acceptng of us being there.

Deanna Lund
        Duchess

Confidence is great!
        Going where you feel you belong is great!
        Women being very accepting is great!
        BUT very accepting isn’t totally accepting and being illegal trump’s confidence, and feelings.

Please note it doesn’t have to be a woman who calls the cops. An off duty cop could see you. A male customer could object, maybe that guy who wanted to take you home…

All I’m saying is be careful. Know the law and your rights in your jurisdiction. Then make an informed decision.

Luv
        D

Anonymous

I have very safely used the women’s restroom in many gay/straight bars while in full female mode, even when not really passable. I usually try to enter the restroom during a non-busy time if possible. However, one time several years ago, (before the “which bathroom should I use” national debates), I entered a bar’s women’s restroom which was completely empty. Feeling relieved, I entered the stall and did my business. Then, as I was pulling up my pantyhose and mini skirt, I heard three young (20 something) women enter. I decided to remain seated in the stall until they left. Well, they were in no hurry to leave and were gossiping up a storm! LOL! So finally, I thought, I have got to get out of here because someone else is going to need to use this stall. So, I took a deep breath, and unlocked the stall door and quietly walked out of the stall and to the sink to wash my hands. All three women were at the sink with two of them having their back to me. But one woman, (the ringleader) just happened to be facing the other women and my stall. When I walked out, she stopped talking, and her mouth hung down just a bit in surprise. I smiled at her, and muttered a “Hi, I just need to wash my hands.” The ringleader immediately took charge and told the other two women to get out of the way so that I could use the sink. At this point, all three of the women were looking at me now in a friendly and amused way. I finished washing and drying my hands, said “Thank you.” and walked out. As I stated earlier, this occurred many years ago; but I believe that it is the more likely outcome if one acts appreciative and respectful in a women’s restroom.

If you have to use the men’s restroom while in female mode, consider doing what one cis-woman did a couple of years ago as a man was startled upon seeing her exit the men’s restroom. She just smiled at the man, looked directly into his eyes, and said: “Sorry, but I have to use the bathroom based on my birth certificate!” and walked confidently away! LOL!

The one place I’ve gone out in dress, it really doesn’t matter, as it’s a gay bar. I just let the ladies in there – and most of them are ladies – assume I’m gay, and it’s all good. 🙂

That said, I voted for a gender-neutral room, but even that has its issues. Everywhere I’ve been that has them requires you to ask for a key or for someone to permit entry. That kinda defeats the whole idea of stealth, doesn’t it?

Deanna Lund
      Duchess

This is provided FYI.

While the focus switches between employment and public law be aware.

Know the laws in the jurisdiction you are in:

Florida Labor & Employment Lawyer
      EMPLOYMENT CIVIL RIGHTS HEALTHCARE
      FLORIDA 561-653-0008 CALIFORNIA 213-377-5200
      Helping You Navigate Workplace Issues in Florida and California

Florida Law on Bathrooms and Transgender Employees
      With North Carolina’s recent passing of House Bill 2 (HB2) and national news outlets focusing on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity discrimination, it is important for employers and employees in Florida to think carefully about the laws in our state for employers and transgender employees using the bathrooms. If a Florida employer requires his or her employees to use the bathroom that matches their “biological sex,” as HB2 does, can that employer be held liable for workplace discrimination?

To better understand the answer to this question, we should take a closer look at the language of North Carolina’s HB2 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC) discussion of sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace.

The Dangers and Harms of HB2

[b]What is HB2? In brief, it is a law that was recently passed in North Carolina that requires everyone to use the birthplace of their “biological sex,” or the sex/gender listed on their birth certificates,[/b] according to an article in the Charlotte Observer. [b]What does the law mean in practice? As the article explains, “transgender people who have not taken surgical and legal steps to change the gender noted on their birth certificates have no legal right under state law to use public restrooms of the gender with which they identify,” and “cities and counties no longer can establish a different standard.”[/b]

[b]The article also emphasizes that the new law is not limited to North Carolina. To be sure, other states across the country are attempting to enact similar anti-LGBT laws. In Florida, HB 583 attempted to do something similar to North Carolina’s HB2.[/b] While the law has been defeated, it would have “prohibit[ed] knowingly and willfully entering a single-sex public facility designated for or restricted to persons of the other biological sex.”

Employers’ Discriminatory Bathroom Rules May Constitute Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity Discrimination

According to a recent article in The Atlantic, the U.S. Department of Justice has issued a letter making clear that North Carolina’s HB2 is discriminatory, and that it violates both Title VII and Title IX of the Civil Rights Act. When it comes to employment discrimination, an alleged violation of Title VII is particularly significant given that Title VII expressly prohibits employers from discrimination against their employees “because of sex” or “on the basis of sex,” according to a statement from the EEOC.

While Title VII of the Civil Rights Act does not use language concerning discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity, in Mia Macy v. Eric Holder, Lawyer General, Department of Justice, Agency, Appeal No. 0120120821 the EEOC “held that discrimination against an individual because that person is transgender (also known as gender identity discrimination) is discrimination because of sex and therefore covered under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.” In other words, the EEOC recognizes bathroom-related discrimination against a transgender employee—requiring an employee to use the bathroom that matches his or her “biological sex”—as a clear form of prohibited workplace discrimination.

Seek Assistance from an Employment Discrimination Lawyer in Florida

The EEOC makes clear that requiring a transgender employee to use the bathroom associated with his or her biological sex—rather than the sex or gender with which she or he currently identifies—can be construed as a form of sex discrimination. If you believe your employer has behaved in a discriminatory manner, you may be able to file a workplace discrimination lawsuit. An experienced Florida employment discrimination lawyer can help. Contact Scott • Wagner and Associates for more information about filing a claim.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus
      By Scott • Wagner and Associates | Posted on June 2, 2016
      Tags: EEOC, Florida Bathroom Law, Florida Labor Lawyer, Florida Labor Lawyers, HB2, Transgender Employees, West Palm Beach Employment Discrimination Lawyer, West Palm Beach Employment Discrimination Lawyers

Learn About Your
      Type of Case.
      Non-compete Agreements
      NON-COMPETE
      AGREEMENTS

Employee Rights
      E

HIPAA Compliance
      HIPAA
      COMPLIANCE
      Scott Wagner & Associates, P.A
      Jupiter Map
      250 South Central Blvd. | Suite 104-A
      Jupiter, FL 33458
      West Palm Beach Map
      101 Northpoint Parkway
      West Palm Beach, FL 33407
      (Appointment Only)
      Burbank Map
      3900 W. Alameda Ave. | Suite 1200
      Burbank, CA 91505
      (WeWork Offices)
      FLORIDA 561-653-0008
      CALIFORNIA 213-377-5200
      * Cathleen Scott is licensed to practice in Florida only.
      The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

No content on this site may be reused in any fashion without written permission from http://www.floridalaborlawyer.com

Disclaimer Site Map
      MileMark Media – Practice Growth Solutions © 2016 – 2019 Scott Wagner & Associates, P.A. All rights reserved.
      This law firm website is managed by MileMark Media.

I haven’t used any restroom while dressed but I’ve tried on numerous outfits at the Macy’s women’s dressing room and have had a ball. Even had some compliments and assistance from the workers. I would like to think I was passing as a natural woman. I work hard to be convincing when I have to.

I’ve had just the opposite reaction via Ladies attire sales associates @ several Macy’s stores near me even though I have had Absolutely no problem with the makeup counter sales associates. I’ve even had some GG customers when I was shopping one evening compliment me how nice my Outfit was and how nice I looked, especially for shopping

I replied that I was doing some last minute Birthday Gift shopping for a friend’s birthday party I was on way to nearby the Macy’s store as I had been so busy for several days I had forgotten to get the friend a gift so I stopped at Macy’s to get friend a Macy’s Gift card knowing she loved shopping @Macy’s

Janine
      Lady

I always use the ladies room when I’m out dressed en.femme and I’ve never had a bad experience.
      I go in like I belong in there, do what I went in there to do then leave after washing my hands and sometimes touch up my makeup
      I’ve stood next to genetic women at the sinks and haven’t thought anything about it
      The rule I go by is not to linger longer than nessary

I’ve never had to face this dilemma yet, however assuming a gender neutral restroom is unavailable, I’d lean toward the women’s room, and act as much as possible like I belonged there.

Hi Michelle,  I’ve found the women’s room very accepting.  The only problem is sometimes you have to stand in line.  Just go in like that’s where you belong. Hugs. Jennifer

I’m sure not going into the men’s room wearing a dress.  I tried it once wearing some white pants and a poet blouse.  It was scary as all get out.  The first few times in the women’s room I was nervous.  The turning point was when I went into a women’s room at a local mall and found a line of 5 women waiting for the stalls.  I really needed to go so I decided to just wait my turn.  The woman in front of me, had her two daughters (pre-teen and early teen) in front of her.  When the second one was in the stall, she turned to me when the next stall opened up and said, “You can go ahead.  I’m just waiting for my daughters.”

I took that as total acceptance.  I haven’t sweated it since.

I use a woman’s restroom when dressed unless I am going to be a while then i try to find a Family restroom to change in or something.
      Sara

Deb Cox
      Lady

I use the women’s bathroom at the bar, I haven’t needed to go anywhere else, I would not feel comfortable going into ladies room other than bar O frequent.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I had that issue come up a few years back. I was out as Patty shopping with some other girls. That issue never came up for me before, but recently at a meeting we were discussing that. It was generally agreed to just go into the woman’s room, go into a stall do what you went in there for, then leave. That’s what I did.

It felt odd, but more right then going into the men’s room.

My first pick would be the family type of facility, but more often than not, I use the Ladies room.  Most GG women don’t really care as long as the stall door is closed and when you come out, everything is where it should be.  Be polite and nothing bad should ever really happen.

Paula

I will use the women’s restroom with one caveat.  If there is a (grand)mother in there with their (grand)children, I will exit right away and go back later (if it’s not an “emergency”).  I just think it’s best to avoid the possibility of any confrontation that could occur when children are present.  I/we just don’t need that in our lives.   Dressed as Anne, there is no way I’m going to use a men’s restroom.  Nowadays, more and more the decision is taken out of our hands as more establishments are going with unisex restrooms which makes me sad in a way.  I enjoy the thought of Anne using a restroom that is specific to the female gender.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?