• This topic has 73 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 33 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Which female character in either Television or Film do you most admire? Perhaps she influenced you in your wardrobe choices or did you just want to be her!

Did her courage, empathy or values Inspire you?

Let’s hear your choices girls.

Diana

Anonymous

I tend to identify with Irene Ryan, from “Beverly Hillbillies”; but for the Admire and Want to Be category, it’s Renee Zellweiger, whether she’s Bridget Jones or Roxie Hart (Chicago). And she’s a Texas girl, too; from just across town in Katy.

Anonymous

Good choices Bettylou, how would the Clampetts have survived the big city without Granny to keep them in her tonic?

As far a character, as a child, I literally dreamed of being Ginger in “Gilligan’s Island”. I would’ve died to have had her figure and been able to fill out those tight dresses. And the hair!   Off topic but as far as an actress, something about Tina Fey that I would so love to be.   My first message on the forum- love it!

Anonymous

Just how did Ginger keep her hair so beautifully on that island I wonder?

I understand there was a salon on the other side of the island, but I am not able to verify the truth of this.

Anonymous

Probably all down to the professor – handy man to have around.

Anonymous

believe it or not my favorite was Dolly Parton even remember going to see her perform in concert several times. Even had my own dolly  doll. Just love her still do.

I agree. I saw an interview with Dolly where said if she were a man, she would most definitely be a drag queen. This was before there was more understanding re trans, so she may word it differently now. She is a lovely person, in all ways.

Anonymous

Dolly’s so genuine you just have to love her – Jolene is my fav song of hers.

Krista
      Duchess

Oh my goodness Diana, such a wide ranging topic, there are just way too many – I can’t decide.  Here are a few that come to mind.  A young Ann Margret (Bye Bye Birdie, Viva Las Vegas), Diane Lane from late 1990s to 2008 (sigh), Sandra Bullock, Charlize Theron, Bridgette Bardot, Marilyn Munro (I loved her hairstyle/wig in the Misfits), Susan Sarandon in Rocky Horror Picture Show is very inspirational, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein, and Vera Ellen (one of the best dancers ever and a pretty cute actress).  Sorry I have so many.  So Diana, you didn’t mention the movie character you identify with.  All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Well Krista since you asked – Susan Foreman, Barbara Wright and Rose Tyler – all Dr Who assistants, Emma Peel (Diana Rigg), Barbara Good (Felicity Kendall), Sybil Fawlty (Prunella Scales), Lisbeth Salander & Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), Ellen Ripley, (the inimitable Sigourney Weaver), and I couldn’t live in NZ without referencing Lord of the Rings could I  – Eowyn (Miranda Otto) and Galadriel (Cate Blanchett). Oh and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke, Cersei Lannister (Lena Heady) and Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) to name but a few….sigh💕

Anonymous

Diana, your mention of the Dr Who companions has me re-thinking my favorites list. I fell in love with Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald, and she was marvelous as Queen Victoria in the BBC series. And Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) would be a close second place.

Anonymous

I quite agree Bettylou – but I had to stop somewhere! Otherwise the list would have been interminable.

Diana.

Anonymous

Franka Potente – German Actress who played Marie Kreutz, Jason Bourne’s girlfriend in the movies The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy.

Anonymous

Good choice Eva – I  hope we see more of Franka, she’s a great actress playing a strong character.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459581]
      never heard of coconut milk does wonders on the hair.  😄

Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, Donna Reed or Mariska Hargitay from Law & Order SVU.

Anonymous

Oooh yes Jennifer, lovely ladies all.

Did you know that Mariska is Jayne Mansfields daughter?

Anonymous

Can’t believe you said Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island! She was the first character that came to mind, but there is a trans/CD character in Big Sky played by Jesse James Keitel that I can really identify with. She was introduced as a sex worker, but has evolved into way more and I am captivated every time she appears on the screen.

Haley😘

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459627]
      use to sing that song with her still to this day listen to her music like coat of many colors too.

Anonymous

Oh Halle Berry one that plays cat woman her prowling and mischief always had me. and her playful play

even got a my own cat suit.

😉

Anonymous

Don’t tell me – latex/PVC ?

Diana – just being nosey again.

Nancy
      Lady

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was my hero. She is just so pure of heart and innocent, yet powerful, and of course, gorgeous. One of my fantasies is to dress as her and go to a comic con. Anyone up for Galaxy Con 2022 in Minneapolis? 😉

Birel

Anonymous

Oh yes, Gal rocks that role.

Rachel M
      Lady

Good topic Diana.

For me, that would be Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby (both in Mission Impossible) and Rachel Brosnahan (Fabulous Mrs. Maisel) they portrayed women that are strong, intelligent, funny, beautiful and most of all feminine, women that I aspire to be.  Also, I loved their fashion, especially Rachel in Mrs. Maisel, think 50s women’s fashion.

Rachel M

My top 3 are;

3. Helen Mirren. What a strong lady, with a strong self identity – not to mention drop dead gorgeous to this day.

2. Elizabeth Hurley. Because I have a brunette side. Oozing refined sex appeal, confidence and charisma. Beautiful!

1. Barbra Streisand. I fell in love with her watching “Funny Girl”, and “A Star is Born” when much younger – about 9 or 10 – and wanted to be her. The humour, the sharp-witted comebacks, the standing up for yourself, and the inner beauty that shines out of the lovely smile. And that voice!

Can you see the resemblance?

Love Laura

Anonymous

Three lovely choices Laura – Helen, Liz and Babs – can’t fault either one.

Diana

Anonymous

Hi Diana,

Dredging back to my earlier memories (not so easy these days), I remember Honor Blackman playing Cathy Gale in “The Avengers” on black and white TV.

It didn’t hurt that she was more often than not clad in leather – how did that get by the rather staid british censors of the early ’60s, before the cultural explosion led by the Beatles ? You only saw things like that in p##n mags (so I’m told – lol)

But her TV role as an alluring woman with a ‘don’t mess with me’ attitude was ground breaking at the time. Not a lot of women’s lib around in those days. I was intoxicated by her depiction of womanhood.

And she must surely have had the best screen name ever when she starred in Goldfinger as Pussy Galore.

Marti x

Anonymous

A fine choice Marti – one has to wonder how they slipped “Pussy Galore” past the censors too!

Hugs

Diana

Oh my, there are so many !

I can start naming them all and still not be done when the cows come home :

Alexandra Daddario from Baywatch/San Andreas

Melissa Benoist from Supergirl.  As Kara, she wears incredibly professional office outfits when working for Catco.

Gal Gadot/Lynda Carter.  When both were just as Diana, they wore stunning outfits.

But the one that truly sticks out for me is Janet Wood (Joyce DeWitt) from Three’s Company.  When Janet started to change her hairstyle from frumpy curls to the pseudo bob/mullet style, her clothing style changed as well.  She went from uber frumpy to gorgeous sexy office style clothes – pencil skirts, nice blouses, pantyhose, heels, … I just loved it when I was growing up.  That style influenced my wardrobe today, which is predominantly pencil skirts, blouses, and blazers (ok Janet didn’t wear blazers back then).

Anonymous

Yes Wendy! I lusted for Joyce de Witt and hr clothes (and her hairstyle) too – I loved that later look and still pursue “office sexy” to this day.

Diana.

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

klinger

Anonymous

Now thats one I didn’t expect…..

So many influences from many different eras influenced me, or made me dream to want to be. There is no way I could narrow it down to one or two, so I’ll break it down by decades.

1960s: Mary Tyler Moore(Laura Petrie), Elizabeth Montgomery(Samantha Stevens), Honor Blackman(Pussy Galore).

1970s: Dorothy Hamill(figure skater), Chris Evert(tennis)Jane Pauley(newscaster), Jane Seymour(Miss Solitaire), Olivia Newton-John(singer).

1980s: Delta Burke(Suzanne Sugarbaker), Jane Fonda(actress).

1990s: Sandra Bullock(actress), Shania Twain(singer)

2000s: Amy Adams(actress).

These are just some of the many women I’ve admired, wanted to be, or just wanted to share their wardrobes. It also says I’m starting to get a little long in the tooth…sigh.

Kay👩🏻‍🦳💋

Anonymous

Oh lovely choices there Kay and many I would have included in my list – but it would have gone on forever…

Hugs

Diana.

Rachel M
      Lady

Stephanie,

She would just give you that enigmatic smile …. then turn you into a Swan.”

I missed something. who was that referred to?

Rachel M

Anonymous

Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings played by Cate Blanchett.

Hi Diana for me it has to be Tim curry from the rocky horror show, so powerful and sexy and film was amazing to have a lead character who cross dresses is amazing and still is to this day,not to poke fun at but to admire and from an early age I went to live shows. I’m a man who likes to wear womens clothes and I’ve only been able to express myself at fetish clubs I don’t feel as I fit in as I I’m not trying to come across as a lady. Although I admire greatly people that do. I have a mohican and like wearing make up but only once been out in public in a dress in London. I live in Wells Somerset.. So I’m lonely as I don’t know anyone else like me.

Anonymous

Bold choice Bas, although I suspect you’re no stranger to those!

Diana.

Rachel M
      Lady

I was going to say Margaret Thatcher, I admire the Iron Lady but she wasn’t a movie star and  I wasn’t sure if she was one of us …. just kidding :-).  Just imagine if that was true, none of us would need to be in the closet!

Anonymous

Well Rachel although not strictly a TV or movie star the iron lady was a TV personality and there was a movie made about her, and you couldn’t doubt her courage so why not – although others may disagree!

Hugs

Diana.

Anonymous

Hi Ladies , and thanks Diana , i would say my favorite is one who has been a trans sexual for a long time and even had a bit part in one of the early James Bond movies  she was in a bathing suit , has been a model and is very cute , her name is Tula and now she change her name to Caroline Cossey . You can check her out on youtube , she is beautiful . I used to think about her when i was very young , and dream being her . Thanks Diana , this brought back a few nice memories . Leslie

Anonymous

I’m Glad you enjoyed it my dear.

It actually varies for me. My default ‘lady I want to be’ is Audrey Hepburn.

Araminta.

Anonymous

And who could argue with that choice Araminta.

Anonymous

Jane Fonder in Barbarella i remember going to watch it at the cinema in the 1960’s when i was a teenager,

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

Another great actress and did a pretty good workout video too…..

Hugs

Diana

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459714]
      actually leather hehe gotcha

hugs sister

Anonymous

Ohh.. teaser

💋

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459926]
      sometimes  like to look little more down to earth gal. haha

👄

Hiya all

Very interesting question.   For me definently Marilyn Monroe, without a single doubt.

We both have shared  a lovely sense of humour.

We both enjoy the skirt scene and simply find experiencing it myself to be such an unforgettable experience.

In fact just recently I have bought a Marilyn Monroe white satin halter dress and matching underwear…simply delectable and purely sensual and devine.

All the very best

Melissa

Anonymous

Wonderful choice Melissa, your Marylin outfit sounds gorgeous.

Hugs

Diana

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

[postquote quote=459820]
      No one else did mention Klinger so I felt i needed
      – Klinger who tried so hard to be declared mentally ill but the military did not consider crossdressing a mental sickness despite that at the time many countries did.
      – Klinger who did dress in skirt/dress and heels every day no matter what other people did think about it
      – Klinger who did design and sew his own clothes
      – Klinger who didn’t try to be a woman, he was just a man in womens clothes

I may not try to get out of the military or so and it’s not that I like all aspect of Klinger but I do like some aspects.

/kt

Anonymous

I’ve always wondered where he got the wherewithal to run up his creations given they were a mobile surgical unit operating not far behind the lines in Korea in the early ’50s. Or am I overthinking things.

Diana.

Anonymous

Mr. Garson or now Ms Garson on Southpark.  😄

Anonymous

[postquote quote=459958]
      be careful around those blowing vents now

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Oh dear, there are a few.  There is one I love – Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.  That tall, gangly, big hearted darling waiting for someone to rescue her from the life she was having.  A free, fun loving spirit that I just fell in love with and could identify with….  just the sincerity of her heart.  My number 1 romcom…. the number 1 romcom.   Going back farther….. Maureen O’Hara, specifically from the old movie The Quiet Man with John Wayne.  She was just, oh, such a archetypical female.  😍

Anonymous

Two lovely women and fine actresses

Diana.

Darling Diana…

A different and rather fun topic… thanks!

I have to say my choices are a little different

Catherine Deneuve: a very beautiful and chic actress with that ‘Je ne sais quoi’. My one and only pin up!
      Sylvie Vartan: la Jolie Pupeé… charming Lolita like singer and model in the 60s.
      Charlotte Rampling: sex on wheels, sensual in an era of prettiness… The night Porter! Hou lah!
      Sarah Miles… those big, gorgeous eyes!

Back to more modern times… only two
      Kate Blanchett and Tilda Swindon; both remarkable for their chameleon qualities and for their breathtaking beauty!

Please understand that I cannot model myself on any of these extraordinary women… though, in my heart of hearts, I would dearly love to!

Poor Polly… ohh, La Pauvre Petite Polly! 😭💋💋💋

Anonymous

An eclectic group only to be expected from you Polly – Catherine Deneuve – magnifique!

Hugs

Diana.

Anonymous

another icon that been following is

Isis King was born as Darrell Walls. She is an actress and producer, known for When They See Us (2019), Shameless (2011) and The Bold and the Beautiful (1987).

Oh forgot to add she is  transgender also

Anonymous

Hello Diana…

The one and only…

Lady Penelope….from Thunderbirds.

Sheer class, elegance and top upper class totty.

if i could only have pulled a few strings….it would have been lovely to meet her…

Grace x

Anonymous

She’s a doll alright, I can just see you swanning around in that enormous pink Roller too.

Diana.

Anonymous

Is there any other way for a girl to travel…???

a bright pink Rolls Royce….with a cannon at the front.

F.A.B..

Grace xx

Anonymous

Yes…. Milady

Anonymous

I grew up on old Star Wars (5 years old when the prequels first debuted). For me, Carrie Fisher is a must. Especially during the ROTJ sarlaac pit scene. Also loved Erin Cahill as the Time Force pink ranger (love me some Power Rangers to).

Anonymous

Yes Carrie was a highlight of that particular scene all right.

Anonymous

She was a highlight of the whole movie. Always thought she was pretty. Funny story about the production, she didn’t wear a bra throughout the filming of the original trilogy outside of the Jabba scenes,  only gaffers tape.

Anonymous

I remember loving the poster for the movie Private Benjamin with the picture of Goldie in her helmet looking absolutely browned off.

Anonymous

Scary all right, I wouldn’t like to be telling her that I’d just scraped her car in a Countdown carpark.

Anonymous

The only drawback would be having Zap Brannigan constantly pursuing you.

Mmmmm velour…….

Diana

Anonymous

Zap had some of the best lines though- one of my faves- ” If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?”

Diana

Anonymous

Nooooo….but do Harrods have a sale rail….???

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?