- March 8, 2021 at 2:20 pm #459560Diana MorganParticipantRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
Which female character in either Television or Film do you most admire? Perhaps she influenced you in your wardrobe choices or did you just want to be her!
Did her courage, empathy or values Inspire you?
Let’s hear your choices girls.
- March 10, 2021 at 2:11 pm #460469AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
I grew up on old Star Wars (5 years old when the prequels first debuted). For me, Carrie Fisher is a must. Especially during the ROTJ sarlaac pit scene. Also loved Erin Cahill as the Time Force pink ranger (love me some Power Rangers to).
- March 10, 2021 at 2:32 pm #460479Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
Yes Carrie was a highlight of that particular scene all right.
- March 10, 2021 at 3:21 pm #460523AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 25Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
She was a highlight of the whole movie. Always thought she was pretty. Funny story about the production, she didn’t wear a bra throughout the filming of the original trilogy outside of the Jabba scenes, only gaffers tape.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 10, 2021 at 10:29 am #460371Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 51Replies: 1093Has thanked: 3803 timesBeen thanked: 5663 times
- March 10, 2021 at 11:22 pm #460661stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8975 times
- March 10, 2021 at 11:35 pm #460664
- March 10, 2021 at 10:55 am #460376LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
She’s a doll alright, I can just see you swanning around in that enormous pink Roller too.
- March 10, 2021 at 8:55 am #460334Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
As an ardent fan of Futurama, there’s only one possible answer… LEELA! Sassy, Sexy, Independent… and I just love the purple hair! Envious Inga.
- March 10, 2021 at 10:58 am #460377LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
The only drawback would be having Zap Brannigan constantly pursuing you.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 10, 2021 at 10:10 pm #460645Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 16Replies: 383Has thanked: 444 timesBeen thanked: 1291 times
So you’ve met my wife then?…… Sorry, Mrs. Inga: please don’t give me your Guide To How To Make Love At A Woman again….. Planet Express Inga. (Definitely not a minion of MomCorp!)
- March 10, 2021 at 10:53 pm #460657LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
Zap had some of the best lines though- one of my faves- ” If I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a little?”
- March 9, 2021 at 5:16 pm #460077Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 876Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 2903 times
A different and rather fun topic… thanks!
I have to say my choices are a little different
Catherine Deneuve: a very beautiful and chic actress with that ‘Je ne sais quoi’. My one and only pin up!
Sylvie Vartan: la Jolie Pupeé… charming Lolita like singer and model in the 60s.
Charlotte Rampling: sex on wheels, sensual in an era of prettiness… The night Porter! Hou lah!
Sarah Miles… those big, gorgeous eyes!
Back to more modern times… only two
Kate Blanchett and Tilda Swindon; both remarkable for their chameleon qualities and for their breathtaking beauty!
Please understand that I cannot model myself on any of these extraordinary women… though, in my heart of hearts, I would dearly love to!
Poor Polly… ohh, La Pauvre Petite Polly! 😭💋💋💋
- March 9, 2021 at 6:16 pm #460108
- March 9, 2021 at 4:47 pm #460065Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 47Replies: 1100Has thanked: 5187 timesBeen thanked: 5672 times
Oh dear, there are a few. There is one I love – Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. That tall, gangly, big hearted darling waiting for someone to rescue her from the life she was having. A free, fun loving spirit that I just fell in love with and could identify with…. just the sincerity of her heart. My number 1 romcom…. the number 1 romcom. Going back farther….. Maureen O’Hara, specifically from the old movie The Quiet Man with John Wayne. She was just, oh, such a archetypical female. 😍
- March 9, 2021 at 4:56 pm #460072
- March 9, 2021 at 3:39 pm #460036Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 225Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 923 times
Now thats one I didn’t expect…..
No one else did mention Klinger so I felt i needed
– Klinger who tried so hard to be declared mentally ill but the military did not consider crossdressing a mental sickness despite that at the time many countries did.
– Klinger who did dress in skirt/dress and heels every day no matter what other people did think about it
– Klinger who did design and sew his own clothes
– Klinger who didn’t try to be a woman, he was just a man in womens clothes
I may not try to get out of the military or so and it’s not that I like all aspect of Klinger but I do like some aspects.
- March 9, 2021 at 3:57 pm #460045LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
I’ve always wondered where he got the wherewithal to run up his creations given they were a mobile surgical unit operating not far behind the lines in Korea in the early ’50s. Or am I overthinking things.
- March 9, 2021 at 12:42 pm #459958Melissa EllisonLadyRegistered On: November 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 13Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
Very interesting question. For me definently Marilyn Monroe, without a single doubt.
We both have shared a lovely sense of humour.
We both enjoy the skirt scene and simply find experiencing it myself to be such an unforgettable experience.
In fact just recently I have bought a Marilyn Monroe white satin halter dress and matching underwear…simply delectable and purely sensual and devine.
All the very best
- March 9, 2021 at 12:52 pm #459961
- March 9, 2021 at 11:33 am #459922Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 532Has thanked: 971 timesBeen thanked: 1807 times
- March 9, 2021 at 11:42 am #459925
- March 9, 2021 at 11:09 am #459913Araminta PurdyDuchessRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 344Has thanked: 590 timesBeen thanked: 1250 times
- March 9, 2021 at 11:13 am #459916
- March 9, 2021 at 9:28 am #459855Leslies Ann Gray GirlLadyRegistered On: September 22, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 136Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 528 times
Hi Ladies , and thanks Diana , i would say my favorite is one who has been a trans sexual for a long time and even had a bit part in one of the early James Bond movies she was in a bathing suit , has been a model and is very cute , her name is Tula and now she change her name to Caroline Cossey . You can check her out on youtube , she is beautiful . I used to think about her when i was very young , and dream being her . Thanks Diana , this brought back a few nice memories . Leslie
- March 9, 2021 at 9:43 am #459857
- March 9, 2021 at 8:12 am #459839Rachel MLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
- March 9, 2021 at 6:52 am #459789Bas LansberryLadyRegistered On: March 8, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 2 times
Hi Diana for me it has to be Tim curry from the rocky horror show, so powerful and sexy and film was amazing to have a lead character who cross dresses is amazing and still is to this day,not to poke fun at but to admire and from an early age I went to live shows. I’m a man who likes to wear womens clothes and I’ve only been able to express myself at fetish clubs I don’t feel as I fit in as I I’m not trying to come across as a lady. Although I admire greatly people that do. I have a mohican and like wearing make up but only once been out in public in a dress in London. I live in Wells Somerset.. So I’m lonely as I don’t know anyone else like me.
- March 9, 2021 at 9:51 am #459861
- March 9, 2021 at 6:50 am #459788Rachel MLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
- March 9, 2021 at 7:26 am #459817
- March 9, 2021 at 6:38 am #459784Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 50Has thanked: 238 timesBeen thanked: 291 times
So many influences from many different eras influenced me, or made me dream to want to be. There is no way I could narrow it down to one or two, so I’ll break it down by decades.
1960s: Mary Tyler Moore(Laura Petrie), Elizabeth Montgomery(Samantha Stevens), Honor Blackman(Pussy Galore).
1970s: Dorothy Hamill(figure skater), Chris Evert(tennis)Jane Pauley(newscaster), Jane Seymour(Miss Solitaire), Olivia Newton-John(singer).
1980s: Delta Burke(Suzanne Sugarbaker), Jane Fonda(actress).
1990s: Sandra Bullock(actress), Shania Twain(singer)
2000s: Amy Adams(actress).
These are just some of the many women I’ve admired, wanted to be, or just wanted to share their wardrobes. It also says I’m starting to get a little long in the tooth…sigh.
- March 9, 2021 at 9:55 am #459862
- March 9, 2021 at 5:53 am #459770Kelly TerryLadyRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 20Replies: 225Has thanked: 224 timesBeen thanked: 923 times
- March 9, 2021 at 7:37 am #459820
- March 9, 2021 at 5:15 am #459760Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 413Has thanked: 330 timesBeen thanked: 1747 times
Oh my, there are so many !
I can start naming them all and still not be done when the cows come home :
Alexandra Daddario from Baywatch/San Andreas
Melissa Benoist from Supergirl. As Kara, she wears incredibly professional office outfits when working for Catco.
Gal Gadot/Lynda Carter. When both were just as Diana, they wore stunning outfits.
But the one that truly sticks out for me is Janet Wood (Joyce DeWitt) from Three’s Company. When Janet started to change her hairstyle from frumpy curls to the pseudo bob/mullet style, her clothing style changed as well. She went from uber frumpy to gorgeous sexy office style clothes – pencil skirts, nice blouses, pantyhose, heels, … I just loved it when I was growing up. That style influenced my wardrobe today, which is predominantly pencil skirts, blouses, and blazers (ok Janet didn’t wear blazers back then).
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Wendy Swift.
- March 9, 2021 at 7:44 am #459828LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
Yes Wendy! I lusted for Joyce de Witt and hr clothes (and her hairstyle) too – I loved that later look and still pursue “office sexy” to this day.
- March 9, 2021 at 5:15 am #459759MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 222Has thanked: 864 timesBeen thanked: 895 times
Dredging back to my earlier memories (not so easy these days), I remember Honor Blackman playing Cathy Gale in “The Avengers” on black and white TV.
It didn’t hurt that she was more often than not clad in leather – how did that get by the rather staid british censors of the early ’60s, before the cultural explosion led by the Beatles ? You only saw things like that in p##n mags (so I’m told – lol)
But her TV role as an alluring woman with a ‘don’t mess with me’ attitude was ground breaking at the time. Not a lot of women’s lib around in those days. I was intoxicated by her depiction of womanhood.
And she must surely have had the best screen name ever when she starred in Goldfinger as Pussy Galore.
- March 9, 2021 at 9:58 am #459863
- March 9, 2021 at 4:44 am #459753Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1090Has thanked: 3584 timesBeen thanked: 5273 times
My top 3 are;
3. Helen Mirren. What a strong lady, with a strong self identity – not to mention drop dead gorgeous to this day.
2. Elizabeth Hurley. Because I have a brunette side. Oozing refined sex appeal, confidence and charisma. Beautiful!
1. Barbra Streisand. I fell in love with her watching “Funny Girl”, and “A Star is Born” when much younger – about 9 or 10 – and wanted to be her. The humour, the sharp-witted comebacks, the standing up for yourself, and the inner beauty that shines out of the lovely smile. And that voice!
Can you see the resemblance?
- March 9, 2021 at 10:02 am #459864
- March 9, 2021 at 4:01 am #459744Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 146Replies: 1951Has thanked: 3114 timesBeen thanked: 8975 times
Has to be Galadriel from the LOTR films for me. I’ve had a crush on her for nearly 20 years. She might be about 7,000 years old, but she has looked after herself – would love to know her wrinkle cream routine – her skin looks so pale, soft and flawless. I bet she uses a coconut-oil shampoo to keep those golden lock so shiny. She is super beautiful and supremely powerful, if somewhat scary too. I just love her dresses and her hair style, and the way she glides rather than walks. All the males are in complete awe of her and defer to her every time. Opposites attract – I’m nothing like her at all.
Cate Blanchett isn’t bad either.
Or Evangeline Lily, Liv Tyler and Miranda Otto as Eowyn. I do so love an anglo-saxon blonde shield maiden who is both vulnerable and yet as cold and hard as steel. And she pulled Faramir (David Wenham) – a man who “showed his quality.” Lucky girl.
And not forgetting beautiful and buxom Rosie Cotton, the barmaid in The Green Dragon. She may be only four feet tall, but she packs a lot in. She can pull me a half-pint anytime.
- March 9, 2021 at 3:53 am #459743Rachel MLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 33Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 127 times
Good topic Diana.
For me, that would be Rebecca Ferguson, Vanessa Kirby (both in Mission Impossible) and Rachel Brosnahan (Fabulous Mrs. Maisel) they portrayed women that are strong, intelligent, funny, beautiful and most of all feminine, women that I aspire to be. Also, I loved their fashion, especially Rachel in Mrs. Maisel, think 50s women’s fashion.
- March 9, 2021 at 3:21 am #459737LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 470Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 2096 times
- March 9, 2021 at 3:29 am #459739
- March 9, 2021 at 3:10 am #459736Birel GalanodelLadyRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 87Has thanked: 252 timesBeen thanked: 411 times
Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was my hero. She is just so pure of heart and innocent, yet powerful, and of course, gorgeous. One of my fantasies is to dress as her and go to a comic con. Anyone up for Galaxy Con 2022 in Minneapolis? 😉
- March 9, 2021 at 3:31 am #459741
- March 8, 2021 at 5:04 pm #459617Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1237 times
- March 9, 2021 at 2:51 am #459730Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 107Has thanked: 97 timesBeen thanked: 479 times
Can’t believe you said Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island! She was the first character that came to mind, but there is a trans/CD character in Big Sky played by Jesse James Keitel that I can really identify with. She was introduced as a sex worker, but has evolved into way more and I am captivated every time she appears on the screen.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Haley Ann.
- March 8, 2021 at 6:02 pm #459635
- March 8, 2021 at 3:59 pm #459599Eva KellyDuchessRegistered On: March 1, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 201Has thanked: 2055 timesBeen thanked: 948 times
- March 8, 2021 at 4:54 pm #459615
- March 8, 2021 at 3:25 pm #459584KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 531Has thanked: 1278 timesBeen thanked: 2301 times
Oh my goodness Diana, such a wide ranging topic, there are just way too many – I can’t decide. Here are a few that come to mind. A young Ann Margret (Bye Bye Birdie, Viva Las Vegas), Diane Lane from late 1990s to 2008 (sigh), Sandra Bullock, Charlize Theron, Bridgette Bardot, Marilyn Munro (I loved her hairstyle/wig in the Misfits), Susan Sarandon in Rocky Horror Picture Show is very inspirational, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein, and Vera Ellen (one of the best dancers ever and a pretty cute actress). Sorry I have so many. So Diana, you didn’t mention the movie character you identify with. All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- March 8, 2021 at 4:23 pm #459608LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
Well Krista since you asked – Susan Foreman, Barbara Wright and Rose Tyler – all Dr Who assistants, Emma Peel (Diana Rigg), Barbara Good (Felicity Kendall), Sybil Fawlty (Prunella Scales), Lisbeth Salander & Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), Ellen Ripley, (the inimitable Sigourney Weaver), and I couldn’t live in NZ without referencing Lord of the Rings could I – Eowyn (Miranda Otto) and Galadriel (Cate Blanchett). Oh and Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke, Cersei Lannister (Lena Heady) and Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) to name but a few….sigh💕
- March 9, 2021 at 10:08 am #459867Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
Diana, your mention of the Dr Who companions has me re-thinking my favorites list. I fell in love with Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald, and she was marvelous as Queen Victoria in the BBC series. And Karen Gillan (Amy Pond) would be a close second place.
- March 9, 2021 at 10:19 am #459879
- March 8, 2021 at 3:09 pm #459579Mackenzie BaumanDuchessRegistered On: March 8, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 32 times
As far a character, as a child, I literally dreamed of being Ginger in “Gilligan’s Island”. I would’ve died to have had her figure and been able to fill out those tight dresses. And the hair! Off topic but as far as an actress, something about Tina Fey that I would so love to be. My first message on the forum- love it!
- March 8, 2021 at 3:13 pm #459581LadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 573Has thanked: 4198 timesBeen thanked: 1763 times
- March 8, 2021 at 2:37 pm #459564DuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 2000Has thanked: 3881 timesBeen thanked: 7058 times
I tend to identify with Irene Ryan, from “Beverly Hillbillies”; but for the Admire and Want to Be category, it’s Renee Zellweiger, whether she’s Bridget Jones or Roxie Hart (Chicago). And she’s a Texas girl, too; from just across town in Katy.
- March 8, 2021 at 3:08 pm #459578
- March 9, 2021 at 11:44 am #459926
- March 9, 2021 at 1:15 am #459714
- March 8, 2021 at 5:41 pm #459627
- March 8, 2021 at 3:27 pm #459586Mackenzie BaumanDuchessRegistered On: March 8, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 32 times
I agree. I saw an interview with Dolly where said if she were a man, she would most definitely be a drag queen. This was before there was more understanding re trans, so she may word it differently now. She is a lovely person, in all ways.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.