Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Now, I’m not talking about main characters in the movie, like Scarlett in “Gone With The Wind”.  The ones I am talking about are the ones in the background and have lines, but don’t carry the rest of the movie.

One of my favorites, for example, is the little, bald guy in the control tower in the movie “Airplane”.  He is the one always making the snide, catty remarks behind the main characters backs and also unplugs the airfield lights just as they are landing the plane.

I have caught myself making similar remarks at different times, but mostly just in my head, or under my breath,  but I have slipped a couple of times.  But I can definitely identify with him.

So, forget the big ‘Moovie Stahs’, and give the little guys, and gals, a shout out.

PaulaF

Abby M
      Lady

I guess a good example of side characters making a movie for me is Rogue One. From the trailers, I had wanted to become enthralled with Cassian Andor and Jyn Erso; however, I felt that they were kind of bland. I really liked the guardians of the Whills (not just for the nerd factor of them bringing up the original concept of Star Wars, the Journal of the Whills) because of their humor and chemistry. Donnie Yen was excellent. I also like K2-SO. My favorite videogame of all time is Knights of the Old Republic and K2-SO reminded me of HK-47, the snarky assassin protocol droid. I feel that Rogue One is a movie where the side characters outshine the leads and make a more human story about the ravages of war.

Anonymous

Hi Paula

Star Trek….how about the poor unknown face who beams down to the planets surface with Kirk, Spock and McCoy…..I wonder which one will get eaten???…imagine the shock, horror if just for once…..he was the only survivor??

Smiles, grace x

Oh yes Grace, the unknown crewman in the red shirt who dies, usually horribly, and is always followed by the line “He’s dead Jim!”  Then in my head comes the line, “Spock, keep a lookout, I’ll get his wallet.”

PaulaF

Anonymous

Officer Dibble in Top Cat, those cats ran rings round him, and he never came out on top either.

I think little Benny was a great supporting role along side  TC. He definitely deserved an Oscar or a least nominated.

I loved Top Cat when I was younger and watched it EVERY Saturday morning.  Haven’t gotten to see it in a very long time.  I do miss those cartoons.

PaulaF

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?