- Women that are older than me
- Women that are a similar age to me
- Women that are younger than me
- November 21, 2020 at 4:49 pm #409211Kristin HParticipantRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 73 times
When you are en femme, how do you see yourself, what kind of woman do you strive to be?
Personally, I admire and try to emulate women that are in their mid 50’s like myself. I am always in awe at how they can juggle careers, household things, exercise classes and college age kids all while showing a strength and grace that is inspirational.
I don’t really identify with women that are younger nor women that are older though they both have their own kind of awesome that is admirable.
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by Kristin H.
- November 25, 2020 at 11:41 pm #410765Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 426Has thanked: 4386 timesBeen thanked: 1683 times
Well I do try and dress conservatively, mainly within a 10 year frame of my age, but I do tend to try most ranges of clothes except teenagers gear. The person I emulated most and still tend to emulate is my late wife, not only in style but her outlook on life.
- November 24, 2020 at 9:14 am #410153Sandra SaundersParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 55 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
- November 24, 2020 at 3:17 pm #410261
- November 24, 2020 at 8:58 am #410143Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 366Has thanked: 571 timesBeen thanked: 1277 times
Definitely try to act my age, I’m heading for 57 at high speed so definitely can’t do the short skirt and heels gig anymore, I just look silly. So I go for the classy with a healthy dose of sexy thrown in. I like to think I can still turn a few heads but I like to think people will enjoy talking to me more than just looking at me.
- November 24, 2020 at 5:48 am #410094Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 269Has thanked: 173 timesBeen thanked: 992 times
Good question; this is one I never really thought about.
I’ve always envisioned my style to my a high 20, 30 something professional career woman. It shows as all my wigs are a solid colour with no greys. I try to dress a little on the conservative side, with skirts just above the knee and sleeveless blouses.
- November 23, 2020 at 12:59 pm #409876Sarah Du HessisseParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 85Has thanked: 532 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
- November 23, 2020 at 9:55 am #409788Kelli MarloweParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 22Has thanked: 202 timesBeen thanked: 140 times
- November 23, 2020 at 9:32 am #409781KellyParticipantRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 50Has thanked: 1062 timesBeen thanked: 217 times
- November 23, 2020 at 1:38 am #409663Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 576Has thanked: 5851 timesBeen thanked: 3070 times
- November 22, 2020 at 7:34 pm #409623Lucia CicolettaParticipantRegistered On: November 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
- November 22, 2020 at 6:19 am #409347stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 100Replies: 964Has thanked: 1182 timesBeen thanked: 3675 times
I voted younger.
Because the women I admire most, for their humour, their wisdom, their zest for life, their knowledge, their advice, their friendship, their support, and their enthusiasm – are my dear friends on CDH.
And they are nearly all younger than me.
I also follow the 1661 code of dress, and present as a much younger version of myself. Because inside I don’t feel anywhere nearly as old as I look. And its wonderful what a wig , a smile and a bit of lippy can do.
Stephanie P 😀
- November 22, 2020 at 3:32 am #409320Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 186Has thanked: 1091 timesBeen thanked: 937 times
age is only a number. and that number is younger than i am now. i was in my 20’s and 30’s back in the 80’s. that was the best time of my life as far as having fun. so i like to dress young and sexy. i dont mind sticking out. the body maybe old but slap a mini skirt and some heel, plus a little bling and it looks and feels young again. its more about the feeling. make the body look young because the mind still thinks it can do everything a young body can do. im all about having fun and feeling young. i cant compete with the younger women but they accept me and like me for it. who doesnt want to be younger anyways?
- November 26, 2020 at 11:04 am #410973Sarah Du HessisseParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 85Has thanked: 532 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
Rachel your so right age is just a number, For me getting dolled up makes me feel a whole lot younger and rejuvinated. I feel like a young woman just getting started on life. Love your positivity Rachel.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 22, 2020 at 1:25 am #409297Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 690Has thanked: 3844 timesBeen thanked: 3742 times
Sorry , I couldn’t vote as I really just wear and dress in whatever takes my fancy at the time. I am so NOT into this ” celebrity” culture, and I would never rush out to buy anything a celeb is posing in…..yes, even harry styles!!
I am my own person, and the only thing I try to emulate is the last outfit I wore…..but what fun !!!
Living the dream, grace 💋💋
- November 21, 2020 at 8:18 pm #409268Rei DurdenParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 573Has thanked: 3587 timesBeen thanked: 2188 times
I’m in love with clothes that aren’t age appropriate, I just can’t help myself.
I doubt I’d ever go out entirely enfemme the way I’d like, but I’ll probably sneak something wild into the outfit.
I don’t know quite yet just how I’m going to present Rei, so right now I’m just an infant, stumbling and off balance.
- November 21, 2020 at 6:46 pm #409239Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 388Has thanked: 1053 timesBeen thanked: 1576 times
I can find something in all 3 groups.
For my age, which hovers close to 50, women my age and older have a level of grace, style, taste, professionalism, and wisdom that I respect and appreciate.
Being I consider myself younger in spirit, I like how some younger women can be more bold. Not too young but in about their mid/late 30’s. They also have a way of creating their look or brand. I’m trying to define that myself as I shop online. Classy and sexy with a couple dashes of unique and feisty spirit!
- November 21, 2020 at 6:03 pm #409235Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1520Has thanked: 2566 timesBeen thanked: 4731 times
- November 21, 2020 at 5:53 pm #409233Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1446Has thanked: 1033 timesBeen thanked: 3521 times
I try to look younger than I actually am when I dress. That lets me wear clothes that may not be appropriate for my actual age or even for my looking younger age. Still, I enjoy wearing them and not acting or dressing my age. It’s fun.
- November 21, 2020 at 4:55 pm #409217
- November 21, 2020 at 4:55 pm #409216Regine RichParticipantRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 233Has thanked: 2376 timesBeen thanked: 907 times
I picked younger, but only because of my age, I love the look, style, and vitality of ladies in the 40-60 year range, Oh too be a little younger again,lol
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.