Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just curious Knowing use to be a good tradition that everyone gets up early Black Friday to grab deals from stores.

Are you one of early birds that go to a store or shop online

Myself do little both but this year since still healing from surgery will do alot online shopping.

Hugs Donna

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Donna.

Yep, it used to be that good deals were offered on Friday only but now its for a week or even more. I do all my shopping online now. Why fight the germ infested rude crowds?

Hope your recovery is going well. You’re probably wishing for lots of pretty girly gifts.

Anonymous

You right Know been advertising weeks before offical day.  My self use to do it for deals long time ago then use to get up just to see animals fight over 10 items giggles Was like entertainment. Been doing most of shopping online lately

Thank you doing little better on some days then little sore others.

Hugs
        Donna

Donna,

Your poll has no option for me.  While I shop both online and in person, I do not go out shopping on Black Friday.  As much as I enjoy shopping, I do not like doing so with insane and disrepectful people.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Anonymous

HI Mckenzie added a extra response believe its the one looking for.

Hugs
        Donna

Anonymous

Black Friday….pants, and I don’t mean bargains!!

Great when it started, but now a rip off that lasts up to two weeks!!!…the company Which? have just released results from a survey that proves lots of the “bargains” were actually sold cheaper weeks before it starts, please check before you spend!!!!

Not interested…

Grace xx

Anonymous

You so right Grace many times can find better pricing on things before the big deal days they say. lol  Remember long time ago use to be worth it not anymore.

Donna

Donna,

It seems there are fewer and fewer ‘deals’ each year, but I still seem to find one or two items cheap enough to be worthy of getting out there to buy them before they’re gone, but unfortunately they all seem to be practical items and nothing ‘fun.’  This year it will be a 4’ step ladder for $25 and several boxes of AA batteries ($10 for aa 36 pack) at Lowes…..how boring is that LOL!

Also, it’s not a big deal to get up early this year because it’s 0320 right now as I type this and I’ve been up already for over half an hour – a consequence of gorging myself yesterday (TMI!  Ickkkkk) 🤢

I can also say that for the places I go to, for the past several years there hasn’t been anything close to what I’d call a crowd (even adjusting for COVID impacts), and most of the people have been very pleasant.  The one exception I’ve witnessed was for the gaming systems – yikes!!!

Marcellette

Anonymous

You so right there skimming sale ads and see nothing worth it. Always way head of the game as order things all through the year when Christmas comes Done. way ahead of crowds.  Did use to go then go just for the fun of it to watch crowds fight over say a Playstation 5 or such.

Donna

There’s a school of opinion which believes these Black Friday deals aren’t  as great as they’re made out to be.
      It’s been claimed they inflate the prices before bringing them down again. Haven’t proved or disproved it, just expressing a view some people hold.

Liz

Anonymous

Noticed that too looking noticing one on sale may be missing one or 2 items from something else.

Donna

Anonymous

Sorry Donna,

You missed ‘non of the above”. I’m with Grace. Something that has been slashed from 500 to 50 pound, and you want it – that’s a bargain. Something that has been reduced from 500 to 450 that you could do without – that’s just businesses clearing old stock off the shelves.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Pretty much same way plus notice if really wanting say item usually can get it same price all through the day or even next day or days.  Think black fridays use to be something to get out early for once but now not anymore.  Seen on local tv earlier last night people were camping out in front of a local electronic store. hoping to get a playstation 5 or xbox or tv

Donna

I’ve already hit a few ‘pre-black Friday’ sales.  Now I will wait for the furor to calm down a notch or two before I go in person to find a few things.

Plus, with shipping delays like they are expecting, I believe in person would be the way to go this year.  I usually buy 1 gift and 1 gift card for each person on my list.  Gift cards are always the correct size and color, and no one stands in line to return/exchange them. 😎

PaulaF

Anonymous

Know at tmes same ways gift cards or cash best gifts. Like say no way would return it can get something they want instead of say one of those ugly christmas sweaters. giggles.

Donna

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Paula.

As they say… cash is always the right color, style, and size for everyone… gift cards being a form of cash.

As far as Black Friday goes, I think of an accountant friend who is no longer with us who told me once… “Retailers will do almost anything to separate you from your money”… how true.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Here in the U.K it has faded now. It started a few years back as a nod to the U.S custom. What we saw were the morons fighting over a T.V. in a store. A nice spectator sport but the stores started to reign back and it isn’t really a thing anymore. 

Stores seem to have bargains and sale rails throughout the year so you may happen on a bargain.

For you  Donna retail therapy is an integral part of your recovery and no more ‘Black Fridays’ or any day for you now as they are all full of light….

Anonymous

so true Angela Everyday will be a special day for myself.

Donna

I’m too lazy to get dressed to head out to the malls so I just order online.

I’ve already picked up a few items, just waiting for their arrival.

Anonymous

Oh maybe also depending on where live way to cold to get out giggles.

Donna

Barb Wire
      Lady

“Who disturbs my slumber!!”

I remember lining up at a record store called ‘Sam the Record Man’ in Toronto to get deals on vinyl back in the 70s. What a hoot it was! We were teenagers full of life and piss & vinegar! Even the police who kept an eye on the line up had fun too!

Now… I’m just a grumpy old girl who needs here “beauty” sleep!

😴 Barb

Anonymous

those were the good old days Barb remember days like that before.  Times change so fast lol. Now have internet and free delivery.

Donna

Krista
        Duchess

Hey Barb

I remember shopping at Sam the Record Man on Yonge Street.  I got Led Zeppelin’s first freshly pressed vinyl LP for $2.  Sam had great prices back in 1969.  Ah the memories.  Did you ever hike up to the top floor where they had the classical music?  Those stairs would not meet any building code in Canada today.  Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Krista.

Barb Wire
          Lady

HA HA!! Yes I did go upstairs! Lots of snobby hippies looking for mandolin music accompanied by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. “Mandolin? Oh, that’s like a banjo! Cool!” NOT a well received comment.

Loved how the stairs and floors creaked! Lots of roaches too, living or otherwise…

How ya doing, Krista? Hope all is well!

Hugs, Barbouque 🤗 🎻

Hi Donna Black Friday is just a marketing tool to get you out and get into the spending mode.They want your money out of your savings account and into their accounts. Its away of getting rid of old inventory that has been lying around not doing anything but taking up space. When I see prices of things drop to more then half its just a reminder that is the real cost. Then I ask myself a question do I really need a bigger TV or better optics. I have come to believe I get better deals shopping in second hand stores . There are stores now that will give you credit for all your used electronics when your even buying 2nd hand electronics. When you think about it its Black Friday every day. Its just a little time to dig out what you really need. Recycling nice things even clothes is defiantly the way to go.

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Hi Steph really do believe that. Just a day of marketing for business to try to see who makes the most over a day of sales. You right about second hand stores found many things even some with store tags still on them. for better prices. And also  can buy more for less.

Donna

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I’ll wait for in store purchases and also do on line.

Hugs, Liara

Anonymous

Hey Donna, I’m a none of the above. We’re real early birds, we finished our Christmas shopping back in early October, I started mine probably early June. My wife and I have a deal, she takes care of the kids and the ladies I take care of my sons and sons in law. You get way better deal back then, October first comes and they jack up the prices 35% and give you 15% off, not much of a deal.

Anonymous

Haha great option Heather sometimes do that if see anything a really good deal all through the year.

Sometimes just like to see how people react to those sales. Know now I am woman and have to see how woman get things. giggles. Might be able to get out by Christmas due to surgery. Been seeing some crazy videos and pics all around from others on their twitter pages.

Donna

Anonymous

They don’t have anything I need bad enough to get me out there yesterday, just a circus.

Anonymous

seen the circus on tv and on internet in my area and all the other areas. Even if was healed enough to get out wouldn’t lol.

Donna

Like Heather, I start my Christmas shopping in the summer so I can spread out the expense. And I’m usually done before Thanksgiving. This year I was done by the first weekend of November. The only thing I have left to do is wrap.

Anonymous

best  option thank you

Donna

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Donna ,

Black Friday wasn’t known in the Netherlands up untill a few years ago.
      The past few years it has started here also , and this year the stores have even adopted a
      black friday week , because the covid numbers are rising again in the Netherlands and Europe , and they want to spread the shoppers , because of the contamination risks with large crowds.

Have fun online shopping and I hope your recovery will continue to go as well as possible.

Love Sylvia.

Anonymous

So sorry to hear about the virus going up again that way. Hopefully can control it.  Good though they letting people get out some in social distance matter.  As for recovery its moving along as expected with some road bumps on the way. But able to control it so far.  thank you Sylvia

Love

Donna

Hi Donna,

I’ve shopped both on line and in person in the past.  With the pandemic as others have pointed out the Black Friday deals have been out for weeks.  But prices are inflated and dropped a little so the savings isn’t that great.

Others have shopped earlier when a deal is spotted so that’s a good time to purchase and the sale is for something that’s needed And more of a deal before the price increases.

Alice

Anonymous

Have noticed alot during the day on stores running sales now since couldn’t get out watching things online lol. Seen walmart having a sign for a item was 14.95 on sale now 15.97 haha what a bargin.  Black fridays are begging for money to the retailers.  Looking forward to Cyber Monday see what going on.

Hugs

Donna

Hi Donna,

Yes, having lost $$ during shut downs or gone out of business, cyber Monday should be an interesting day.

Alice

Anonymous

well be ready for another varient coming soon. Hopefully retails can make their sales

Sylvia
          Lady

Dear Donna ,

Cyber Monday , had to look it up.
          Now I see that a lot of the Dutch shops that are online as well , have copied that concept too.
          They are going to need it in the coming weeks!
          Come Sunday , all non essential shops have to close at 17:00 hours because of covid.
          Restaurants , Theaters and Cinema’s as well.
          They are calling it an “evening lockdown”.
          Only supermarkets and pharmacies stay open until 20:00 hours.

Love Sylvia.

I hit the store early cause nobody paying any attention to what your buying or why you may be buying it. But after I buy small and local. These people who run these local stores have been killed while Amazon and walmart have had a free hand taking all the money. While the local were forced to starve. Hope all will help make your neighborhood store owners have a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous

Myself always try my best to shop local owned small business. Same for when our local farmer market is going on.

Donna

I for one, prefer to shop the smaller shops, even if they are national chains like Torrid and Maurice’s and Lane Bryant.

I like the personal service of the smaller places, and they have almost as much at stake as the mom and pop stores.  Monsters like Kohls, Walmart, and Macy’s are the last ones I use on a retail therapy session.  Sadly I do have to go to at least one of them sometimes though.

PaulaF

Prudence
          Ambassador

I Love Maurice’s! They even put your name on the dressing room door!  Hugs Pru

Torrid will do that also Pru, so they don’t have an accidental in the changing area I was told.

Prudence
            Ambassador

That makes sense. Either way seeing your name there, was an affirmation for me!  Hugs

Black Friday was created by the retail industry advertisers as a means to entice the average consumer to part with their money, by offering such “Great Deals”… when in reality, the prices are the same as they were in August with a few “Lead Items” marked down to make it appear that everything is on sale.

The Retailers call it their busiest shopping day(s) of the year… but the reality is they are lying thru their teeth and stretching the truth, so that they can sell off inventory before year end.

Hippie
      Lady

I never buy anything on-line. Its too hard to get cash though the phone line

Prudence
      Ambassador

I guess it could be called early. Usually running around Christmas eve like a mad woman. lol Hugs

Anonymous

LOL Pru use to do that myself crazy times.

Hugs Donna

I don’t do much shopping at all. Unless it’s to buy materials to make gifts.

• I make quilts, clothes, canning goods, clothes, stuff animal toys.

I love to put my heart and soul into gifts. I like to think that store bought gift lack heart and soul.

Venus

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?