Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cece X
      Lady

I love the diversity of experiences I read in CDH. Some of us have announced to the world that we crossdress, others have told no one at all, and many of us have revealed ourselves to a few chosen people. Uniquely through CDH, I have felt supported by quite a number of crossdressers whom I may never meet.

Having a supportive community minimizes to some degree what sometimes feels like a solitary or isolated experience. That cheering squad could be led by a partner, friend or relative, or even by members of CDH. Let us name here the people who have most championed us on our journey so far and express how this support has encouraged us.

A few years ago, I finally told a few friends that I crossdressed. None seemed very interested. About eight months ago, I began courting a relationship with a new potential girlfriend. I knew I wanted to tell her, but kept choking. I feared rejection and humiliation. I finally told her, and the response was better than I could have expected. She has bought me panties, gave me a camisole, and recently, perhaps as a joke, bought me a French maid outfit for when her housekeeper goes on vacation. While that last gesture was maybe over the top, I loved the sentiment of support that it demonstrated. My girlfriend has some limits as to her comfort level and how far she will go but, so far, she is my biggest champion as I navigate the world of crossdressing. I appreciate her openness. I feel blessed.

Who has championed you on your way, and how has this support encouraged you?

Well I would have to say my wife has been great since I’ve come out to her, being very supportive and understanding. But I think my sister in law ( wife’s sister ) it my biggest fan and loves to encourage me to do what makes me happy. In saying that those were my wife’s exact words when I told her. At the end of the day everyone I have told has been great. My female boss , my doctor , my niece all understood when I told them about Ashley.  And of course all the friends I’ve met on CDH and other sites are all great.

Hello Cece, After 30 years of knowing my two friends ( man & his wife ) I finally plucked up the courage to tell them I was a crossdresser. I was amazed that they took it so well, & they said to me that I should have told them a long time ago. This was last year & now I go to see them fully dressed & they accept me as there special lady friend, we have gone out to lunch together as well, so they do not mind being seen out with me. They are very special to me & I am very lucky to have them as friends.

love Helenmarie

Anonymous

I hope things go well with your new and supportive girlfriend! I won’t be repetitious with advice. You already know how important it is to be mindful of her feelings and fears.

In my life, several (platonic) female friends have been my greatest sources of support and encouragement. They have helped me with everything from my self acceptance to presentation.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

The list is too long for me as so many have been wonderful, from family to a long list of friends, employers and co workers. It not so much championing as acceptance and encouragement. It has been a long process but there are one or two that stand above others. My mother, who was the first to be told who gave immediate acceptance allowing me to develop and start going out to public places.  Siblings who accepted and encouraged me, friends who also did the same. My first foray into the working world was through a friend who had a business where she encouraged me to come in and help out then an opportunity arose to become a paid up full time worker. From that I had the confidence to move on and apply for jobs in my own right and to the employers who treated me as any other applicant and job offers followed.

I am in the closet except for my wife who is very supportive; I could not have done any of it without her support. Around the house I wear just bra and panties. I cannot pass so out and about I am under-dressed and I wear female clothes such as GV jeans, JMS shorts, tops and small ear rings; no wig. My SO does not mind at all; as I said earlier she is very supportive. Best, Marlene.

Ever since my bride found panties stuffed in the pocket of my Levis, and, following years of distrust and follow-up couple counseling, she has been very supportive,  She even gifts me with make-up items, jewelry, and panties that she decided were not what she thought would be right for her.  I am, right now, wearing  a cute purple dress she bought at Costco and after trying it on, decided it wasn’t what she wanted.  She left it, with the tags still on, atop my dresser in the bedroom, rather than return it to Costco.  I asked if she wanted me to return it for her and she said, “no, I think it will fit you better, and, will look nice”.

She allows me to spend time, nearly every morning, as Kathy, as I read the newspaper and check e-mail, etc, on the computer.  Also, under dressing is accepted, as long as I wear nothing above the waist if there is a chance a family member might notice outlines of straps,  etc.  I am underdressed nearly all day, every day.  She even lets me put Kathy’s dirty clothes in the laundry basket, with everything else.

After she recovered from the shock of the panties in my pocket being mine and not another woman’s, and,  with the help of  counseling with someone familiar with crossdressing, she is without a doubt my greatest supporter, and confidant. Turns out, I am “the other woman”.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

At this point I’m out to most people that know me.  Everyone has been accepting and supportive.  But there are a few that stand out.

• I wouldn’t be where I am without the encouragement of my wonderful therapist.  She’s had more influence on my journey than any other person.
      • Collectively, all of you.  CDH gave me a community to share this journey and make some dear friends.
      • A close friend that has several other trans friends.  She’s always encouraging me to be myself.
      • An old girlfriend.  Her positive outlook is infectious.  She jokes that it’s too bad we’re not the same size.  Most of our chats end with her saying “if anyone can do this, it’s you” or “you got this”.

/EA

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

One of my biggest supporters has been a bereavement counselor I talk to on a regular basis since my wife passed away in November 2021. I came out to her early on and she was very accepting and supportive and has encouraged me to pursue this lifestyle.

And of course the many ladies here on CDH and another CD’ing site that I belong too have given me great advice and support along the way as well.

Fiona

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Besides all you wonderful ladies here at CDH the number one champion for me has been a former co-worker. After I came out to her she invited me to cal her anytime to visit, then she invited me to her Church and introduced me to her Priest. It is so great to have someone to talk to just as friends and hve some ‘girl talk’.
      . Cassie

Julie
      Lady

My specific sister in law. Her Mom is great too. Both of them support my decision to crossdress and to transition. Most of you ladies on here and my own community with my socials supports me as well honey. I just wish my Mom fully embraced me as the woman I want to be sweetie.

I’d have to say the woman who did my first makeover would be first on my list. She held many parties in her home and other events nearby, and being there gave me a lot of confidence. I’m not into the bar scene, and so these parties were a way to be able to go out and be myself. Sadly she has moved and no longer in the business, but I wouldn’t be where I am today without her and her friendship.

The next two are the two children still (somewhat) living at home. (I have a son away at college, but comes home often enough.) They don’t care how I’m dressed, whether fully male, fully female, or something in between (like a skirt but no wig or breast forms). They don’t care if what I’m wearing is “normal” clothing, party clothing, or even some costume (or fetish) clothing. Being divorced, I can now dress as I please when I’m at home.

I would have to say my therapist is and has been very supportive and understanding of my need/desire to dress.  In her own way my wife has been supportive.  It was not easy at first but she has come to accept my dressing in her own way.  She does give me time to dress, has helped me shop (both online and in the store) and hs given me some of her things that she no longer wore.  Needless to say the ladies here on CDH have been very instrumental in my journey.

XOXO
      Suzanne

J J
      Lady

My waxing technician has been the best. Once I went to my leg wax appointment with painted toenails, and her only response was “if someone has a problem with your toenails being painted, it is their problem, not yours.”  I have since told her I dress, not that she hadn’t figured it out long ago since I show up for appointments wearing panties. My wife has a similar attitude of “they are just clothes.”

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

My wife, best freind, best girlfriend, lover, soul mate ♥️ ❤️
      Xx
      Brianna

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?