- October 9, 2020 at 4:41 pm #392478Jessica WildeParticipantRegistered On: October 5, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 33Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 256 times
I do,I do! ME,me,me! I’m the one who loves leggings!!
I do absolutely love leggings! They are by far and away the most comfortable item of women’s clothing ever invented in my opinion. I like the athletic style ones, the super soft cottony ones, the capri variety, the tights style ones, the 7\8 length ones, so on and so forth. If it’s a legging I’m all about it. I can’t even walk past a rack of leggings in the store without stopping to look at them and about 75% of the time I end up with a new pair lol. They are my fem cryptonite. As hard as I try I cannot resist them. They will most likely be the death of me. Just kidding. I do love them though.
The other night my fiancé and I were in the bedroom and I had my legging drawer open trying to choose which pair of my probably 25 – 30 pairs that I own to wear for the evening. She looked over and said ” Honey you gotta do something about that drawer. It’s overflowing. Are we going to have to get you a separate chest for the leggings? My god you’ve got more than twice the number of leggings than I have.” I told her that I couldn’t help it and she said “I know”. I also told her I had just got rid of some that didn’t really fit me or just weren’t flattering on me. She said “You got rid of 2 pairs, 2”. At least I thinned them out a little lol.
- October 10, 2020 at 10:12 pm #392929Carrisa GayetParticipantRegistered On: October 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 10Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 52 times
Hi im from Australia what do you classify as leggings i dont know
- October 10, 2020 at 2:40 pm #392844Jessica WildeParticipantRegistered On: October 5, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 33Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 256 times
You should definitely give them a try. they’re a game changer!
- October 10, 2020 at 1:33 pm #392816
- October 10, 2020 at 1:13 pm #392808
- October 10, 2020 at 11:26 am #392760
- October 10, 2020 at 9:31 am #392732KristaParticipantRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 225Has thanked: 159 timesBeen thanked: 737 times
Hi Jessica, Absolutely, I love leggings. I’m wearing one right now. It is one of the items of female attire that my SO lets me wear around the house (though she’s made negative comments about them but nonetheless I get to wear them). I think she isn’t fond of them as she never wears leggings (she likes wearing clothing that is very loose even though she is petite); so yes, I have many more than she has. I used to run marathons and I live in northern Canada and my collection of leggings started with running tights (a necessity in cold weather). I can’t tell any difference between some men’s running tights and ladies’ leggings so I have both. In fact my son gave me some tights that my wife swears are leggings, yet he didn’t think so (he calls them thermal underwear and he is a firefighter). The weather here has already turned very cool. Yesterday morning it was in the high 20s Fahrenheit while walking the dog. Brrr. Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- October 10, 2020 at 9:04 am #392705Jamie TaalParticipantRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 49Has thanked: 296 timesBeen thanked: 250 times
Amen! I have always loved the look and material of leggings. Being a teenager in the ’70’s/’80’s it was the starting point of my fascination with the look. From the disco era, workout craze (Jane Fonda) and movies (Olivia Newton John in grease…oh my ) and music (ABBA, Debbie Harry). Back then they were shiny tight and colorful. I never had access to try them but my mind wandered frequently on how they would look and feel. Fast forward to the current day and the Athleisure market has opened a door not just for women but also men. Athletic compression pants for both genders can look almost identical to leggings. I bought one pair of women’s leggings a few years back that looked like runners leggings and could easily pass for men’s when I wear them during cold months. Recently I said, what the heck, i’m jumping in with both feel (or should i say ‘slide in with both feet’) and bought three new pairs this week from Old Navy; One full length, one 7/8 and one shorts and all with high waists. They are AMAZING and so comfortable. One is heavy compression and the others are soft yoga style. WOW! Now i know why women love to wear them all the time. My wife saw the receipt and kinda said “Why?” and I said “Why not?”. They are very comfortable and I can also wear them while exercising. The matching sports bra was little harder to explain.
- October 10, 2020 at 7:34 am #392663Jessica WildeParticipantRegistered On: October 5, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 33Has thanked: 41 timesBeen thanked: 256 times
Kristen I lucked up on finding my size. My fiancé gave me my first pair because she had lost some weight and the didn’t fit her any more. Those were a large.
As I started buying my own I would just pull them out and look at them to assess if they were going to be big or small as a large. Keep in mind they are quite stretchy and rather forgiving in the size department and all makers sizes are different of course.
The athletic compression style ones aren’t as forgiving as all the others. You have to be careful with them. I recently got some of that variety in my usual large and they fit good through the legs but it takes a little wiggling to get them up over my hips but once they’re up they’re fine. That particular pair is supposed to give you a little lift in all the right places and they do just that lol.
But basically you’re right. Stick to panty size.
- October 10, 2020 at 6:23 am #392647Kristen SmithlyParticipantRegistered On: September 25, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 39 times
How do I know what size to buy, outside of buying one of each size? Do I just buy the same size as my panty size?
- October 10, 2020 at 6:14 am #392642rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 74Replies: 808Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 1379 times
I so want to wear leggings!
– The SO would never go for that
– I have trouble with tucking. (lots to tuck, and my intent is not to brag, it can be inconvenient!)
I may get there at some point!
- October 10, 2020 at 4:39 am #392624patty williamsParticipantRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 1129Has thanked: 1749 timesBeen thanked: 3664 times
I am with you Girlfriend I so love leggings and have all my live.
I kinda prefer the nylon spandex ones usually of the shiny variety but any will do.
I think it is so great when I see woman wearing them and thinking how lucky they are.
The only issue I have is if it hot at all my legs itch in them I dont know why.
I see girls wearing black leggings at work on very hot days.
I hope its because my legs are hairy(my wife doesn’t like me to shave my legs)
Any way an excellent post and enjoy your leggings
- October 10, 2020 at 4:19 am #392620Roberta DennyParticipantRegistered On: May 19, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 119Has thanked: 470 timesBeen thanked: 450 times
I have always been pretty much of a pantyhose/ tights girl.As a result never given leggings much thought.I have admired them on women.The tights style that Jessica mentioned in her post sounds right up my street.Quite tempted to give them a try now and then.
- October 10, 2020 at 3:30 am #392602AndreaParticipantRegistered On: September 7, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 305Has thanked: 179 timesBeen thanked: 589 times
It must be Autumn as I pulled out a jumper dress and my thicker leggings for the trip to the supermarket today. I think of them as a lazy choice, but so darn comfy!
- October 10, 2020 at 12:36 am #392572Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 278Has thanked: 1606 timesBeen thanked: 1297 times
- October 9, 2020 at 10:18 pm #392547
- October 9, 2020 at 9:38 pm #392544Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 23Replies: 530Has thanked: 2287 timesBeen thanked: 2487 times
- October 9, 2020 at 6:33 pm #392522
- October 9, 2020 at 6:25 pm #392519
- October 9, 2020 at 6:08 pm #392514
- October 9, 2020 at 6:05 pm #392512sarasue olsonParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 166Has thanked: 446 timesBeen thanked: 755 times
When pantyhose first came out, my wife bought A pair for me thinking I might like them. That was the understatement of all time, I loved them, later in the year during the winter she gave me several pair of tights to help keep my legs warm and again I loved the feel under my pants that tights and panty hose gave me. So needles to say when all the lovely leggings came on the market I just had to try them and fell in love with all the purity prints and colors. My wonderful wife just bought Halloween print leggings for me to enjoy and I am sure I will, and add them to my holiday favorites. Sometimes I think I have all the leggings I will ever need then but when I see something I like it surely will come home with me, twenty seven pair and counting.
- October 9, 2020 at 4:50 pm #392480Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 260Replies: 1385Has thanked: 5938 timesBeen thanked: 4765 times
Count me in Jessica 😁 I did a review of the ol wardrobe a few days ago & counted 23 pair here… like to pair them with t-shirt or tank top when the weather’s mild to coolish or sometimes under a casual dress…and the fleece lined ones are nice in the winter
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.