Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Reposted from a year ago… Lots of new members since then

Hi ladies,

Like many of us, the older I have become, the more my collection of “all things femme” has grown, (in my case to a complete femme wardrobe**) and of course the closer I get to, (one day in the dim future I sincerely hope…), that “big makeover in the sky”.

I’m old enough and worked hard enough for most of the above to be high end. EG Lingerie. many bras and panty sets are Simone Perele or Wacoal, some of  the sleepwear is pure silk and the daily outer wear mostly by http://www.fellhamilton.com.au

Any perusal of my (later) public photos on this site will readily see where I’m coming from.

This got me thinking about where all of Caty’s things will end up and I thought it would be most appropriate if, instead of  a charity shop or perhaps even the bin, it would be much nicer if as much of it as possible, ended up with a deserving CD or Transwoman.

So I contacted our local “Pride Centre” and they have recommended two organizations as follows.

https://pridecentre.org.au/resources/be-who-you-are/

https://fittedforwork.org/

Another obvious destination is the local CD group, but efforts to donate “items” there in the past, have been to no avail. Others in other parts of the world may, (hopefully)  be different.

Now I dont plan on making it a formal bequest in my will. I’m just going to leave notes in various places, eg my lingerie drawers here at home and the dress rack in my storage unit. With the message that I would appreciate those I’ve left behind, abiding by the instructions contained in the note.

What do other plan do in this regard??.

Gotta be similar organisations to the above in most parts of the world.

Happy (long term!!??) dressing

Caty.

** Disclaimer… I dont wear women’s pants, dresses and skirts for me thank you very much.

Also rather unsure about where my “Lady Catherine” and “Scarlett O Caty” gowns will end up. Cant see any one wearing those “to the office” (LOL)

I’m also unsure where my 3 sets of upscale breast forms and good wigs will end up. Sadly I expect the former will be binned and the latter, (if they are lucky) at a charity shop.

Caty –

Never thought about this subject.  As my wife is the only one to know about Suzanne,  I would imagine my things would either wind up in the trash or a thrift shop.  Then again seeing how some of what I have used to be hers and that she has commented about liking some of my things, she may wind up keeping some of them.  Something to think about.

XOXO
      Suzanne

My spouse has this uncanny ability of reminding that top or that dress is hers, even if it isn’t. We share a lot anyway so no big deal.

AnnaBeth Black
        Duchess - Annual

Exactly Suzanne, my wife has commented many times that she likes my clothes and we are close to the same size so I think she would keep them.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I guess it will all go to my wife as she is the only one knows. If anything happened to us both I suppose it would go to my daughter who would wonder why her mother bought such big shoes.

I expect a thrift shop will gain my entire wardrobe.

How spooky you just posted this . Two days ago I was reading an article by the lgbt community where you can donate clothing to people that could use it. For years the bin was the go to place for me during the purging days. For about the past five years, we donate twice yearly to a local charity to thin our collections of things we no longer wear or never wore at all. I have no idea where my things will go when I pass but like you, most everything I have is top brand stuff and I would really be sad if it just got tossed so I will now make a point to my spouse to ensure everything goes to the lgbt community in need. Thanks Caty.

Simple answer: I have 2 lifelong college friends of 50 years who are deep friends and confidants who have confidentially know of and been out with ‘ Meghan’ dozens of times in 20 years to concerts, festivals, lunch and dinner. I will proactively leave it with them to take it all and re- donate it to Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Amvets- where they all came from. The basement closet will be totally vacated without a trance at the time of my death. I advise others to consider the same scenario 😉

Sending everything to Salvation Army Thrift Store.

Wigs and breastforms I am not sure yet.

Alanna

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My wardrobe will go to the local LGBTQ support organization.

/EA

If I’m still at home when I pass, I suspect my wife will simply discard everything with the trash.  My bigger question is, and I’m 100% serious, if I end up in a nursing home will they allow me to continue cross dressing?  Assuming I have my wits about me, if my physical health is such that I need to be in such a place, I will only go to one that knows, and accepts, I cross dress and would want to be cross dressed 24/7.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Hello Heather,

This question also bothers me a LOT!! Right now I’m happily in an independent living retirement village and for all sorts of reasons, including a very good chance I could not get even my “basic Caty on”, the idea of full time aged care, just scares the panties off me…

Hopefully I’ll live quite a few more years in my current abode, then go straight to that “big makeover in the Sky”.

Caty

Caty, it’s not really a big concern of mine for several reasons.  Fiest, and foremost, my wife is 12 years my junior.  I suspect if I need some type of care, she would be able to provide it at home.  Second, both my parents passed without a moment’s prior notice.  Dad had a fatal heart attack and mom died in her sleep.  My plan is to go in a similar manner.  With luck, the good Lord will let me go like that.

I’m going to light mine in a pyre and hurl myself upon it, sort of a CD suttee.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Very interesting. Question… I guess ultimately i have no idea.

J J
      Lady

My collection is too small to be of any significance, so I do not really care. After I am dead, I will care even less. The world can do what they want with it.

Clara
      Lady

I have never really give much thought to the subject. I have too much on my mind at the moment to think about it with surgery coming up on Friday. But what will happen to my collection, I don’t know – Maybe the day will come where I just loose the passion for crossdressing and I will send my collection to the salvos or vinnies etc Prob is no one knows where my stashes are, I have 2.

I haven’t but my wife has.

She’ll donate some clothing to a women’s charity, but all my prized swimsuit collection will probably get thrown out.  She feels no one wants uses swimsuits.   I kinda suggested donating them to a girl’s swim club or something.

Wigs, breastforms, hip/butt pads will get tossed out.

My So is inheriting all my stuff and she knows Clarissa very well and she is ready to take care of all my stuff. In case she dies before me I have to think again. I really would like a nursing home where I could be Clarissa 24/7, but hopefully I am able to avoid the nursing home

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Caty, that is a very good question and one I haven’t got an answer to as of yet. I too have a very full and extensive wardrobe with many very good quality clothes, and with our weather here many coats of various kinds to suit anything I might encounter.

One very good CD friend who has a kind of DADT relationship with her wife, with a vast amount of clothes, all stored at home had the wife say to her one day, “If you pop off suddenly, there will be so many others here and I will not be able to hide or explain all those clothes!” So she purged a great deal of them, but still dresses regularly but keeps the collection to a minimum.

In my case, I am one of the fortunate ones whose wife knows and accepts along my children and their SO’s, some have even been out with me and the CD group I’m currently President of. My size will not fit my wife or daughter, so likely my clothes will go to some kind of donation. Like you Caty I’d love them to go to a place which provides help and support for the CD and Trans community here.

So much depends on how life plays out for every one of us, we have all seen people go fast, or slow, in between. When one goes downhill slowly you have a choice and the opportunity to deal with the clothes, etc. Worst case I think would be for those near and dear who never knew your femme side to discover it after your passing.

Another couple I’m friends with, the CD is 87, coming up on 88 but now has limited mobility and had to donate a lot of her clothes a few years when forced to move to a more supportive housing situation. I have one of her beautiful black gowns! However she still gets out dressed from time to time! Wouldn’t we all like to be like that. I certainly hope so.

Here in Canada we have a great deal of acceptance and I hope for the same as a previous poster said that if I get infirm I’ll still be able to dress. Though I suppose the mini skirts and dresses will have to go at that point.

After the Final Curtain, I have this crazy idea that the slide show of pictures from one’s life, which seems to be the norm these days, should include a few of my favourite Amy pictures! Rather like the little devil who is still in me, the same one that in church one day I made and then test flew a paper airplane. The Order of Service made for nice material for it!

The minister didn’t see me, but guess who did? My Mother! The one who caught me wearing her clothes a couple of times. I still crossdress and make paper airplanes! What a kid.

Amy

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Amy Myers.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?