- Milton Berle
- Jonathan Winters / Maud
- Flip Wilson / Geraldine
- Robin Williams / Mrs Doubtfire
- Tony Curtis / Some Like It Hot
- Jack Lemmon / Some Like It Hot
- Dustin Hoffman / Tootsie
- Dame Edna
- Tyler Perry / Madea movies
- Other - respond in chat
Tagged: Comedy in crossdressing
- February 22, 2021 at 8:36 am #452037Jennifer SwansonParticipantRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 46Replies: 167Has thanked: 3807 timesBeen thanked: 1104 times
- February 27, 2021 at 11:53 am #454860Araminta PurdyLadyRegistered On: January 23, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 284Has thanked: 408 timesBeen thanked: 972 times
Not really a cross-dresser, as such, and, sadly, no longer with us. But Lady Chablis impressed me with her forthrightness, sometimes caustic frankness but mostly delightful insistence in being who she really was.
- February 27, 2021 at 11:38 am #454853Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 244Has thanked: 846 timesBeen thanked: 1163 times
Definitely the one and only…Eddie Izzard …manic, comic genius.
- February 25, 2021 at 1:36 am #453490Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 34Has thanked: 729 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
I love Eddie Izzard, he pleases himself as to which persona he projects and his portrayal of Darth Vader in the Death star cafeteria is a riot.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- February 24, 2021 at 12:38 pm #453210
- February 24, 2021 at 12:29 pm #453202
- February 24, 2021 at 11:52 am #453191Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41633 timesBeen thanked: 1281 times
When I was a child, I’d seen and heard of Milton Berle and Dame Edna on night time comedy variety shows. But my favorite is a little unusual, Julie Andrews in “Victor, Victoria”. In the movie, she portrayed a female singer pretending to be a male singer crossdressing as a woman singer.
- February 23, 2021 at 1:24 pm #452697Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 390Has thanked: 811 timesBeen thanked: 1715 times
I responded other I loved Tom Hanks in ‘Boosem Buddies’> my problem with all these characters is that they are either a character in a skit or a story of someone who needed to ‘hide out’. I would love to see a program of some one who wanted to be a crossdresser and dealing with those around her
- February 23, 2021 at 11:33 am #452665Millicent TeasedaleDuchessRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 11Replies: 176Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 335 times
Add me to the Eddie Izzard fan club – especially for helping others – and me – own who I am and be proud of it.
Then Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon – and especially the last line of Some Like it Hot – Nobody’s perfect!
- February 23, 2021 at 7:11 am #452534Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 106Has thanked: 541 timesBeen thanked: 571 times
- February 23, 2021 at 5:59 pm #452815Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 32Has thanked: 114 timesBeen thanked: 148 times
I was only 5 or 6 when this was on, but I saw that and just remember thinking I wish I could dress that way and be seen as a girl too. Really my first memory of feeling like a girl on inside. Definitely a soft spot for BB. Thanks Jamie!
- February 23, 2021 at 6:55 am #452525Peggy Sue WilliamsBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: June 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 259Has thanked: 930 timesBeen thanked: 1123 times
My memory might be a little fuzzy, but I remember going with my wife in January 1983 to see Tootsie, at a movie theater in San Angelo, Texas. I was still in the Navy, assigned temporary duty at Goodfellow AFB, attending a cryptology school.
That movie was a must see for any CD, and Life magazine had done a detailed story on how Dustin Hoffman had to prepare for each day’s shooting of the film. It was fascinating to see photos of him wearing all the proper female undergarments, beautiful clothing, shoes, getting made up by Hollywood experts, and finally seeing him appear as a very convincing looking female, as well as sounding like one.
It was also frustrating for me, since I was not in any position to cross dress. All our household goods, which contained my female wardrobe, were en route to Hawaii, which was my next permanent duty station.
My supportive wife helped me make it through this stressful period, brought on by the stress of not being able to cross dress and the stress of attending a very difficult school.
- February 23, 2021 at 4:44 am #452457MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 114Has thanked: 494 timesBeen thanked: 479 times
- February 22, 2021 at 11:36 pm #452366LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 131Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 593 times
- February 22, 2021 at 8:23 pm #452327Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 426Has thanked: 775 timesBeen thanked: 1098 times
- February 23, 2021 at 7:37 am #452544
- February 22, 2021 at 11:26 am #452169
- February 22, 2021 at 10:09 am #452101T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 319Has thanked: 3116 timesBeen thanked: 1294 times
All of those folks are in my lifetime of viewing pleasure. All great folks , love them All, cause I love to Laugh!!
Watched many as a kid in the 50’s on a 14″ B&W tube T.V.
Dr. T J.
- February 22, 2021 at 9:56 am #452087
- February 22, 2021 at 9:27 am #452060Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 871Has thanked: 2791 timesBeen thanked: 4194 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.