• This topic has 26 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 21 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

There have been many comedic portrayals of crossdressers in television and movies.  Who are your favorites? Have fun!

Eddie Izzard

Love Laura

IsabelB
        Lady

Seconded, Laura

She’s the best! 🙂

Isabel x

Eddie Izzard is fantastic, CD or otherwise. Saw him live (since he presented as male) and all her specials. Her book is a tremendous read as well, highly recommended.

I just checked out Eddie Izzard on You Tube and she’s great!  First time I saw her.

Anonymous

All of those folks are in my lifetime of viewing pleasure. All great folks , love them All, cause I love to Laugh!!

Watched many as a kid in the 50’s on a 14″ B&W tube T.V.

Later girls…

Dr.  T J.

Anonymous

Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon in Some Like It Hot has to be the best comedy C/D films ever x

Hugs Rozalyne x

My favorite entertainer/comedian crossdresser, based on looks alone, is actually Lilo Wanders. I’d burn 2 of my best wigs to look like her.

She is very pretty and feminine. Also, someone new to me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous

… and another virtual vote for Saint Eddie Izzard, bless’ed be her name.

Although my vote from those on the poll was Tony Curtis. He / she(?) played a great role in Some Like It Hot.

Marti xxx

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

My memory might be a little fuzzy, but I remember going with my wife in January 1983 to see Tootsie, at a movie theater in San Angelo, Texas.  I was still in the Navy,  assigned temporary duty at Goodfellow AFB, attending a cryptology school.

That movie was a must see for any CD, and Life magazine had done a detailed story on how Dustin Hoffman had to prepare for each day’s shooting of the film.  It was fascinating to see photos of him wearing all the proper female undergarments, beautiful clothing, shoes, getting made up by Hollywood experts, and finally seeing him appear as a very convincing looking female, as well as sounding like one.

It was also frustrating for me, since I was not in any position to cross dress.  All our household goods, which contained my female wardrobe, were en route to Hawaii, which was my next permanent duty station.

My supportive wife helped me make it through this stressful period, brought on by the stress of not being able to cross dress and the stress of attending a very difficult school.

Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies. Being a lost souled teen in the 80’s i was able to watch it easily on network TV and open the door to understand my repressed feelings.

Fourth Grade Nothing: Bosom Buddies with Tom Hanks

I was only 5 or 6 when this was on, but I saw that and just remember thinking I wish I could dress that way and be seen as a girl too. Really my first memory of feeling like a girl on inside. Definitely a soft spot for BB. Thanks Jamie!

Add me to the Eddie Izzard fan club – especially for helping others – and me – own who I am and be proud of it.

Then Tony Curtis and Jack Lemon – and especially the last line of Some Like it Hot – Nobody’s perfect!

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I responded other I loved Tom Hanks in ‘Boosem Buddies’> my problem with all these characters is that they are either a character in a skit or a story of someone who needed to ‘hide out’. I would love to see a program of some one who wanted to be a crossdresser and dealing with those around her
      Sandy

When I was a child, I’d seen and heard of Milton Berle and Dame Edna on night time comedy variety shows. But my favorite is a little unusual, Julie Andrews in “Victor, Victoria”. In the movie, she portrayed a female singer pretending to be a male singer crossdressing as a woman singer.

I voted for a stand up comic, instead of a movie character. I just love Eddie Izzard.

Elaine
      Duchess

Eddie Izard because he projects as a proud crossdressers.  Most of the others listed are a mockery.

Anonymous

I love Eddie Izzard, he pleases himself as to which persona he projects and his portrayal of Darth Vader in the Death star cafeteria is a riot.

Anonymous

Hi…

Definitely the one and only…Eddie Izzard …manic, comic genius.

Grace x

Not really a cross-dresser, as such, and, sadly, no longer with us. But Lady Chablis impressed me with her forthrightness, sometimes caustic frankness but mostly delightful insistence in being who she really was.

Araminta.

Siobhan
      Lady

Eddie Izzard, Andrew O’Neill, Bethany Black,

are all British transgender stand-ups, and all great,

although Bethany has fully transitioned so isn’t technically CD anymore

Prudence
      Ambassador

Curly Howard, of the 3 Stooges fame.

Hippie
        Lady

I just saw that one. Thats a funny one

Hippie
      Lady

All of them and so many more

Monty python!

Anonymous

Hi girls

I think only girls from the UK will know them, but i used to love Hinge and Bracket

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?