Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Alright Ladies let’s stretch those gray cells for a moment and consider the question ” which female figure is your ideal, who would you most like to be ?” – could be from any historical era or any part of society. To get the ball rolling my ideal would be Lucretzia Borgia the daughter of Pope Alexander VI, she used her beauty and brains to carve out a role for herself in renaissance Italy, no man was her master, quite some feat in the 15th century, the dresses were lovely too of course!

Let’s hear those choices – you’ve got thousands of years to pick from!

Diana

I certainly agree with the dresses in that era Diana but didnt know about Lucretzia. I would love to be one of the ladies in the court of King Louie XVI in a long gown and an elegant big hairdo while trying to breathe in a tight corset.It would be more exciting doing it as a tg too

Anonymous

She was an incredible woman Deb, I recommend the book ‘Lucrezia Borgia’ by Sarah Bradford – a great read .

Well, I’m not a fan of her dress sense, but Ann Lister is near the top of my list – what a powerful lady!

Again, no man was ever her master – or, indeed, close companion. The number of women partners she had is astonishing…

But, more importantly, the way she managed her estates, the power she wielded, and the keenness of her mind for learning and appreciating life, questioning “normal” and fully embracing and expressing herself as a unique individual, as documented in her diaries, is a real role model to all of us.

Love Laura

Anonymous

Oh yes Laura, the real Gentleman Jack what a fascinating woman – great choice.

Anonymous

Easy and only choice for me…J-Lo❤️ What a killer body, best butt ever❤️ Can you tell she is my celebrity crush?

Haley😘

Anonymous

No Haley Ann, I wouldn’t have guessed that at all – lol

Anonymous

Hi Diana..

My mum….she died when I was very young…

I always have and always will miss her….

Grace ❤️❤️

Anonymous

The best choice of all Grace.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Diana, well your question really did fire up the old gray brain cells. My goodness the choices are almost too many.

So here is a name I don’t think many of you have heard.  Eileen Kramer is an Australian dancer, artist, performer and choreographer.  And she is 106 years old and still very active (well I think she is still alive).  What a life she’s led.

It would be so wonderful to live a physically, mentally and emotionally healthy, active life well into the 100s.  And dancing would be a wonderful way to spend my days (as well as walking my dog!!!!).  Plus getting to wear those lovely dance outfits.

Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista…

Well I think she is still alive”

…😂😂😂😂😂

Anonymous

Your right Krista, I haven’t heard of Eileen but I  will have to look her up.

Hmmm, such a difficult choice to make.From the recent pass either Grace Kelly or Sophia Loren. More recent Julia Roberts or Scarlett Johansen.

Anonymous

You got me with the fabulous Scarlett Jennifer, but Grace Kelley yes – what a beautiful lady.

Anonymous

Any anonymous, loving, nurturing, and selfless housewife/stay home mom from history who made a house into a home and raised children in a way that left a lasting legacy on the world through the generational effect of creating loving, close, tight knit family trees.

Anonymous

What beautiful thoughts Steph – thank you for that ❤ 💕

Trisha
      Duchess

Valerie Bertinelli. Period.

💋

Trisha

Anonymous

I’m not going to argue that one with you Trisha, I remember being madly in lust with her as a younger girl.

Trisha
          Duchess

Shes still a stunner. A little thicker but arent we all

💋

Trisha

Anonymous

Ouch! Don’t remind me….

Reading all of your answers had helped in my selection. The peoples princess Dianna Spencer. She was gorgeous, a huge humanitarian and very well loved.

Anonymous

I wondered when someone would pick Diana – sadly taken before her time.

Anonymous

I don’t have a “role model” or somebody I wish I was”. I’m mostly happy just being me. 🙂

Gabriela

💖🤗

Anonymous

You are a gorgeous person Gabriella so I am not at all surprised you are happy within yourself.

💋💋

Anonymous

That was so sweet Diana! Thank you!

Great question Diana! There are so many good choices. However, I would have to go with Audrey Hepburn. Beauty, grace, style, talent and humanitarianism all rolled into one!

Gail
      Lady

I Just Adore Doris Day, always so Pretty, Cute and Feminine all wrapped in one Beautiful package.

I just adored the cute outfits she wore in the early to mid 60’s, lovely skirt suits that were just so Pretty as well as gorgeous evening gowns. I can only imagine the Pretty Pastel Lingerie she was wearing and wished that were me.

Anonymous

I remember watching the Doris Day Show and thinking how lovely she was.

JOJO
      Lady

I always like Linda Gray who played in the TV show Dallas.  She is a very classy lady.

I also like Renee Russo especially in the movie “The Thomas Crown Affair” Again, very classy.

Eona Oh
      Lady

Fun question! I’m going with someone more current. I’m going to say Emma Watson; beautiful, very stylish, fantastic figure, an activist for women. And I’d be almost 30 years younger! 😂

Anonymous

Emma’s a treasure alright, plus Harry and Ron would have died several times without her.

Anonymous

There have been so many influential women over the centuries from Bodacious to Elizabeth the First to Joan of Arc, where does one begin, Doris Day is one of my favourites she had a super smile that could melt an iceberg, there are so many i can’t list them all x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

I wonder what Boudicca would have made of Doris Day…..

Jane Fonda on Love, Parenting, and Her Decades-Long Career in Hollywood and  Political Activism

Wait…What…oops,wrong thread…leaving..

Anonymous

Hi Diana I would like the original diva Maria Callas supremely talented and a proper madam.

Julie Andrews, of course everyone knows her for “Sound of Music ” and “Mary Poppins”. Her singing is beautiful and she is a good actress. But have you seen any of her lesser movies? She has a slightly naughty side, definitely not Disney! “Victor/Victoria”, a girl that dresses as a man dressing as a woman, and a small role in “10” that gets naughty at the end.

She is girl next door lovely, sweet, charming and, as mentioned above, a little naughty.

🎥🎬

Beth

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

That’s easy for me and a toss up between these 3.

1/.https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/lady-catherine-of-alphington/

Always been a period fashion nut and nearly fainted when I first put on this gown. Channeling Marie Antoinette.

2/.https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/scarlett-ocaty/

Scarlelt O Caty was always another fantasy I got to fulfil

3/. https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/shopping-trip-mark-2/

Having spent all my career in management roles, the “clever secretary” business look has always been a favorite..

Caty

Anonymous

Be careful channeling Marie Antoinette Caty – you know what happened to her….

Caty Ryan
          Baroness

Diana,

I do know what happened to MA… But I rip of my wig and the gown and “streak” out into the night.

I have someone Diana.

Her name is Brooke Wagner. She is the co-anchor on the evening news on the CBS affiliate here in Tucson.

If I could look like her,,,,,

Diane

Anonymous

……you’d be a happy bunny?

Brooke is maybe 50. Perfect hair, perfect teeth, perfect skin , perfect lips, etc.

Vivien Leigh cut a fine figure n the ante bellum dresses in Gone with the Wind. When that movie is on… I always try to watch at least the first hour  or so to see those gorgeous dresses and imagine  that I, Laura Jane,  could cut a figure like that…  oh fiddle dee dee

“Scarlett O’Hara was not beautiful, but men seldom realized it when caught by her charm…” 

Her Grace, Miss Grace, is my ideal
      Hugs, Regi👩💕

Anonymous

You mean our Gracie, the terror of Somersets pizza deliverymen?

I do indeed, Graces love of life, and acceptance of who she chooses to be, is what I strive for, and she does it sooo well💖
          Hugs, Regi👩💕

Diana,

Great question!  My pick would be Norah O’Donnell.  Love her!  I watch CBS news just to see her outfit and heels.  And make up!  If only I could get my eye shadow to look half as good!

I love this! Winnie is very shallow and superficial. Really just wants to wear pretty clothes and have fun with very little responsibility, so that rules out Eleanor Roosevelt.

I’ve always wanted to be Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie or Audrey Hepburn as Holly Golightly, but those are fictional characters and we are sticking to real people.

Grace Kelly got to wear fantastic clothes, make movies with Alfred Hitchcock and became a real life princess, so that is hard to beat!

Diana Rigg was a Bond Girl and was Mrs. Peele in the Avengers in the swinging ‘60’s. (Emma Peele = man appeal!) It would be great to be her.

I’m going to land on Bettie Page in the 1950’s. She got to model all of those fantastic lingerie and bondage outfits- many of which she designed herself! She was also a favorite of a young Hugh Hefner which I think influenced the look of the girls in his pictorials- very inspirational for generations of young men. A fantasy girl in my book!

Ask me tomorrow and I’ll probably go with Grace Kelly- it is so hard to choose just one!

Anonymous

A very considered response Winnie, i have a feeling that you’re not as shallow as you suggest…..

Darling Diana…

How, in God’s name, are we to choose from amongst the millions of great women! An impossible choice! So, I shall use Occam’s Razor!

A list then…

#1 My mother! She was unfailingly kind, loving, chic, but also a practical minded woman who could do anything a man could.
      #2 My lovely Grandmother! A woman who, in her life, accomplished many feats of adventure and brought up a wonderful family.

#3 Ruth Bader Ginsberg an astonishing woman who could defeat the entire male dominated Supreme Court and every politician who tried to tear her down!
      #4 Michelle Obama… all class!
      #5 Catherine Deneuve and a whole raft of beautiful, elegant French women who have captivated generations of young (an old) men

And all the rest of the actresses, scientists, writers, intellectuals ad Infinitum

Puzzled Polly 🌹🌸🌷🌺😳

Anonymous

There ya go Polly, wasn’t that hard after all. Got your gray cells humming didn’t it?

Ok, not going on outside appearances here. But I’d have to say Eleanor Roosevelt. There is a lot going on there.

New Deal Clara

Anonymous

Good thinking Clara – never judge a book by its cover.

I’ve actually thought for a while that I actively ‘look up’ to both Amanda Holden and Holly Willoughby are absolutely fantastic.

Irrespective of whether you like them as people or not (I like both of them though!) they pull off every sort of looking good in my eyes and provide me with something to aspire to.

The full list is, of course, pretty long as there are many icons to draw inspiration from.

Love Rachel

I wake early most days and turn on the news, I cry for the Covid victims bereaved families, I cry for the survivors and I cry for the exhausted Doctors and nurses.

Then, Carol the BBC weather girl appears and every thing seems OK.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

That’s easy. Daisy Duke. When I first saw her, knew I had to look like her and be her. I bought some short shorts, platfrom wedge heels and a wig. I would put n my pantyhose, short shorts and bra. Then put on a shirt and long pants. I would go out to my car and drive a few blocks from the house to a desolate location. I would get my platform heels and wig out of the trunk. I had some old pantyhose AI would stuff in my bra to give me breasts, Then I would slide off my long pants, put on my platform wedges and out on my wig. I was dressed like Daisy. I felt so good.

I would drive around some, then eventually got the nerve to get out of the car and walk around. It was very scary but extremely exciting. Then I got this fantasy to buy pantyhose dressed in my Daisy attire. That took considerably more nerve. I would walk to to a store entrance many times but fear kick in and I walked away.

Finally after so many failed attempts I did it. I walked up to the store. The doors opened. I hesitated briefly but I walked inside. WOW! I was doing it. I walked over to the pantyhose. I picked out several pairs in my size, walked up to the register and go in line. I was very nervous and very excited. I was listening for remarks or comments. I heard nothing. When my turn came, I paid for my pantyhose and left the store. What an incredible thrill and rush. I was dressed as my fantasy girl and buying pantyhose.

Needless to say, I repeated that experience many times.

Anonymous

Shopping dressed as Daisy Duke – that must have been quite a rush Patty.

Patty Phose
          Duchess

I was 17 and having all these crazy dreams and fantasies. Daisy was one of my fantasies.To be Daisy and do things while Daisy had my mind wandering. Of course Daisy would need pantyhose. Building up the nerve to do that took a lot of time. It was incredibly scary but amazingly exciting.

rhonda
      Lady

Scarlet398 , Jessie Smith , Christy Ian

I have a couple friends I would totally swap with for a weekend, beautiful ladies with great personalities that I see as goals and who I want to be like.
      For someone famous, Jennifer Aniston or Scarlett Johansson. I don’t know what they are like in person but they are exquisitely beautiful any time I see them.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Vecca Senn.
      Anonymous

You know Steph that a girls got to do what a girls got to do, it wasn’t an era of sweetness and light and the incest part was only a nasty rumour put about by her detractors – men who couldn’t handle her!

🗡Diana  – renaissance girl🗡

Anonymous

Good choice Laura, Cleopatra was a very clever woman – too bad Marc Antony let her down in the end though – typical man!😠

I love the look and style of Shaina Twain, Jennifer Aniston is so beautiful.  I admire both of them. I want to fit into Shaina’s pants the high waisted blue jeans are making a comeback. If I only had hips.  I also like Steven Tyler from Aerosmith. No fashion since at all and he looks like an 80 year old woman but he is good with it. I love that confidence.

❤️
      Octavia

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?