Tagged: out and about
- January 18, 2022 at 9:07 pm #613327KateParticipantRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 64Has thanked: 628 timesBeen thanked: 389 times
Ok, would like a little help here, my wife posed another question to me that I felt unprepared to answer. She is pretty comfortable with my dressing around the house and asked “ why do you feel the need to go out?”. She caught me off guard and I’m afraid I didn’t really have a good answer.I would love to hear some from you girls on your reasons for wanting to go out, maybe some will work for me!
Total of 29 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 22, 2022 at 4:29 am #614171Lacy SatinLadyRegistered On: June 27, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 486Has thanked: 442 timesBeen thanked: 2232 times
If you are fortunate enough to look passable, why would you not want to go out in public and experience what it feels like to be treated like a woman.
When I put on a pretty dress and spend hours doing my makeup and then see my transformation in the mirror I can’t resist letting the world see me as the feminine girl I so wish I could be full time.
- January 22, 2022 at 1:09 am #614147Haley AnnRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 257Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 1250 times
Hmmm…in the past validation would have been my answer, but Haley no longer really needs that. I think acknowledging that she exists and always lives inside of me. Am I noticed? Oh yes, I am 6’ with size 12 feet, but I don’t believe I really stand out, but maybe that is just my imagination. I go out dressed very close to home but have no fears about being recognized. For me it is acceptance, the fact that it is OK to be me, a unique individual…just a softer, more sensitive, and sexier me! And what girl does not want to be told that she looks sexy and beautiful? Maybe flirt a little? Why? There are so many reasons and my list just keeps growing!
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Haley Ann.
- January 21, 2022 at 1:05 pm #614027Aurora BorealisDuchessRegistered On: October 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 314 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
Speaking as someone who is also a house-bound dresser I think that I would like to go out because we all get a bit antsy if confined to four walls for long periods. Sad to say I currently dont have much of a fem eardrobe aside from under things and a couple of tops. Dont even own a dress right now. Also theres thereality that women, myself included, like to”show off”and strut their
stuff a little. And finally the exhilaration of being in public for the world to see.
Maybe you and your wife could go out shopping together or for a nice dinner with you en femme? Just suggestions. Hugs, Aurora Borealis
- January 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm #614021Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 12Replies: 781Has thanked: 623 timesBeen thanked: 3351 times
- January 21, 2022 at 11:50 am #614017Dee NashLadyRegistered On: November 7, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 255Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 1074 times
When i go out im the real me and she needs and should go out and why should she not, shes beautiful,sexy,confidant and free x,everyone is different and go at there own pace but i promise you this when you go out there you will love it xx
- January 21, 2022 at 10:44 am #614001KateBaronessRegistered On: March 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 64Has thanked: 628 timesBeen thanked: 389 times
- January 21, 2022 at 10:07 am #613990Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 20Replies: 367Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 1918 times
- January 19, 2022 at 11:50 am #613491Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1011Has thanked: 3752 timesBeen thanked: 4707 times
Of course it is an affirmation but maybe it is a natural progression.
However the questioner is your wife. By inference it is a loaded question. She is asking a single question with many questions within. Where is this leading, what is it telling me, what could happen, who will see you and so it goes. It is a womans question which we won’t know how to answer as we don’t know what is behind.
An answer could lead to further questioning so think ahead to further questions that may come. An answer posed with a question will open the reasoning. ‘It just feels like something I want to do but how do you see it?’
- January 19, 2022 at 9:13 am #613445Brielle RossDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 409Has thanked: 2058 timesBeen thanked: 1811 times
Hi Kate, for me when I found out there was a local meetup group in Pittsburgh I felt like that would be the opportunity to be out with other CD and TG people so there would be less chance of harrassment being alone. Plus, the area where we are is a smaller, remote suburb and the chances of me being seen by people I know IRL is high. I’m not ready to come out to everyone just yet, so going to the ‘burgh gives me an outlet.
I think for any of us that are halfway passable (or even if not) it’s a case where we’ve kept our femme side secret from the world for so long that we just want her to breathe fresh air and see sunlight or have a GNO.
Would your wife want to stay inside and avoid contact with everyone else forever? Assuming that would be a “no” she should not expect Kate to do that either, if Kate wants to go out, that is. It’s a strange dichotomy – we are one being, and we have two distinct personas but we aren’t split personalities (for the most part, I assume!).
- January 19, 2022 at 9:31 am #613452Haley AnnRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 257Has thanked: 247 timesBeen thanked: 1250 times
- January 21, 2022 at 12:47 pm #614022Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
Just curious, Haley, is that a good thing or not so good thing? I’m assuming Ohio?
I’ve been to Bremen, Ohio to visit the Bicycle Museum of America. I kept looking out the window to make sure me and my SO’s bikes were fine. When had them on the roof of our car. The museum curator said we shouldn’t worry about them at all. If anything, he went on saying, folks around here will probably leave you something! He was very sweet!
- January 19, 2022 at 8:39 am #613439Carla RobertsLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 60Has thanked: 132 timesBeen thanked: 311 times
Why do I (we) need to go out? First and foremost is it is incredibly validating, to be who I am among other people. Secondly, even as I am generally confident that I pass, it is about “Showing up” and that “We” belong, and deserve to be present as we choose.
And thirdly, but certainly of no less importance, is to enjoy the chance of enjoying feminine social activity, that defines myself and hopefully others.
- January 19, 2022 at 8:27 am #613431Dani GrandBaronessRegistered On: October 9, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 167Has thanked: 959 timesBeen thanked: 582 times
You can add a pile of words if you like.
It boils down to the same idea – to be seen and accepted as who you present as.
- January 19, 2022 at 7:30 am #613417
- January 19, 2022 at 7:28 am #613413Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 177Has thanked: 44 timesBeen thanked: 1039 times
When I read the initial post my immediate answer was validation and that appears to be the concensus. I think once you have come to grips with your crossdressing and have answered the “why?” question for yourself it becomes a component of your life and you grow to be comfortable with it. And when you become comfortable with it well I think many of us then want to experience life while living in that part of us. I have been out once, I did it without too much planning. I had thought I would just stay close to my vehicle for the day just driving around, maybe getting out when I found an empty area but once the idea settled in my brain there was no stopping it I had to do it. And it was exciting and freeing to say the very least!
Hope all of these answers helps you to form your own to share with your wife. Remember when a question like that is presented to you it is perfectly fair to respond with: “I’m unsure of my answer to that question at this time, but I will think it over and get back to you.” That gives you time to reflect and offer up your best answer rather than just spitting out something that won’t satisfy your wife. Good luck!
- January 19, 2022 at 6:29 am #613399Tina QueLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2021Topics: 49Replies: 261Has thanked: 1084 timesBeen thanked: 1566 times
Some people wear different masks. They are a different person at work, home, with a variety of groups of people.
Many of us are no different being CD in the house but not outside the house. We want to be genuine which includes being the same person in and out of the house.
We all love to dress CD. If we wish to, it should not be confined to the house (in the closet).
- January 19, 2022 at 6:16 am #613394Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
My wife wishes crossdressing never became a part of our lives but has come to terms with the fact and is trying to cope the best she can. She tries to minimize it and discourage it. She doesn’t understand – I guess we’re all working out our own understanding of this admittedly unusual lifestyle. She mainly wants reassurance that nobody we know could ever possibly find out my little secret. Of course, as with many others here, showing people this part of me is a big part of exactly what I yearn for. So, I need to try to find a compromise if I care about my wife’s feelings, and I most definitely do. I have yet to work this out, but I know that it must include limiting dressing to a situation where there is essentially zero chance of being seen by anyone I know. That probably means at least a little travel. I live in a suburb of Los Angeles, so driving an hour would put me at a pretty safe distance. If you also have a situation where you could get far enough away, that might satisfy your wife. There are many who go further, of course. It may take that for her to be appeased. On the other hand, if “coming out” is something you feel you need to do, then I suggest you give that some very careful, long thought before acting. As I mentioned in a post a while back, that is obviously something you cannot take back.
So yeah, try distance dressing. Go for an overnighter and have some fun dressing.
Best of luck!
- January 22, 2022 at 7:36 am #614224melissa la quintaDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 116Has thanked: 834 timesBeen thanked: 346 times
Have you considered making the short drove out to Palm Springs? Desert Crossroads, in March, should be really fun and is perfect for a CD girl who needs to put some distance between her girl self and the home nest. Bet you’d enjoy it. Hugs, Melissa
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 19, 2022 at 6:16 am #613393Mary ContraryLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 54Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
- January 19, 2022 at 5:47 am #613391MichelleLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 34Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
I didn’t read all the replies, so forgive me if I repeat. I feel the need to be in public mainly for my own validation. I feel that if I only do it indoors I am still hiding a very large and important part of myself. I have been hiding myself for most of my life, and subsequently hating myself, the most freeing feeling I had was when I said I was done hiding and accepted myself. Sure I’ll get a sideway look now and then, but I have come to accept that.
- January 19, 2022 at 4:02 am #613375CelesteCDLadyRegistered On: April 21, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 81Has thanked: 271 timesBeen thanked: 289 times
Like many have said it is an acknowledgement and validation of who I am. Now I say this as one who has not done so. So maybe part of it is just wanting to know what it would be like to be seen as a woman. Maybe part of it is wanting to turn some heads. Maybe some of it is just plain curiosity. Heck why do people travel around the world to new places – curiosity.
- January 19, 2022 at 3:54 am #613371Mary FrancisDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2016Topics: 1Replies: 35Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 155 times
Going out dressed enfemme is a way to express our existence in this society. It is a way to claim our space in the world. Hiding at home contracts us into a small nubbin of a person that runs like hell if there is a knock on the door. There are dangers out there, without question, but claiming our space is the first step to being a valid human being.
- January 19, 2022 at 3:38 am #613367Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 77Replies: 1826Has thanked: 8178 timesBeen thanked: 9391 times
Hi Kate! Why do we feel the need? As Michelle said, going out is a normal part of life, and maybe going out will reinforce that misguided notion of what “normal” is for us. And deep down we all have that part of us that wants to go out and be allowed to live – and dress – the way we want to. To even dare to “show ourselves” off!
I think part of us, or part of me anyway, just feels it’s not fair having to hide….
- January 19, 2022 at 3:57 am #613373
- January 19, 2022 at 2:30 am #613355Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 243Has thanked: 3582 timesBeen thanked: 1139 times
For me its experiencing the whole aspect of life but as a woman. I enjoy going out because it lets me truly feel like the girl i am inside. Having had to repress this desire for my entire life. Its liberating to let the girl out. Going about daily things just gives me such validation.
- January 19, 2022 at 12:48 am #613349Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
A simple answer is, that is what people do and it is staying inside that is wierd.
I think it has more to do with wanting to live the fem lifestyle and not just looking like a woman.
I have dressed privately for years, but yearn to be able to go outside and do the day to day things en femme.
Why get dressed up, if nobody can see you?
- January 19, 2022 at 3:30 am #613358AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 18, 2022 at 11:52 pm #613348Stephanie AstonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 97Has thanked: 587 timesBeen thanked: 455 times
My wife asked me the same question a few months ago and the only answer I could give her was “I just have a need to go outside and it feels like the right thing to do! But I don’t know why” I’ve thought about this quite a lot and I still haven’t come up with a definitive answer other than it’s a natural progression of my feminine evolution.
Trying to answer this question is like trying to answer the question of why do we crossdress? Sometimes there isn’t an answer to give.
PS. I’ve only ever been out once as Stephanie (last year) but I know I want to do so again soon.
- January 18, 2022 at 11:52 pm #613347Fredrika JonesDuchessRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 363Has thanked: 449 timesBeen thanked: 1230 times
Well, I’m not married (and I don’t know if that matters), but I’m saying it depends on the individual. We’re all human, and we’re all crossdressers, but we’re all individuals. You’ll have to look within.
It’s a natural next step, after getting comfortable with dressing to begin with and being dressed around the house, to want to venture outside. If one dresses en femme to begin with, it’s only natural to want to do it all the time and everywhere. Of course, an individual situation may make it difficult to do so, for whatever reason – SO objections or someone or something else.
Keep listening, keep learning, and keep trying. Don’t stop, and don’t give up.
Hugs and Kisses,
- January 18, 2022 at 9:55 pm #613339AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 262Has thanked: 926 timesBeen thanked: 951 times
For me its the same as the reason I dress really. I want to express this part of myself, and I want to be seen doing it! It can be a bit of a downer getting my look worked out, getting my confidence up, and then just not doing anything else with that.
Maybe not the most concrete reason or helpful to your situation. But I hope it helps somehow!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.