Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

While I am new here, I am not new to the debate over what label I should have based on my life choices. I really liked Kymera Romaine’s survey if we feel both genders at the same time or not. It seems that society feels we all have to fit into some neat little box with a label on it, so they can point to someone and say “oh they are ______”. Why? I’m sure that someone more of a background in human behavior can answer that question (I am an engineer, so much more math & science geek). I answered yes to the question, because I feel I am both genders at the same time. Sure, there are moments when one is more dominant, and generally I am dressed as a male (or what society deems to be male). While I am not old enough to have first hand experience, there was a time when women were told they could not wear pants, hence the term ‘who wears the pants in your family’ if I woman showed dominance or control in a relationship. When I have read discussions about hetero men that choose to cross dress, the questions arise as to his true sexual preference, and some presume that he is looking to transition to a full female role at some point. While for some that may be true, and perhaps those are the ones that we hear about the most. What about those, like myself, that just enjoy dressing on a part time basis, yet are still attracted to women?

My personal feeling is that I am hetero male, who does have a female side to my being, and she is allowed to express herself. My wife and I can be out shopping, at dinner, or the park, and both of us will take notice of another woman’s outfit/shoes/jewelry. We will have a conversation about something we saw that attracted our attention. There are times when I see something I would wear, and she says it to me before the words are even out of my mouth. We have seen our relationship grow in new and exciting ways since Heather has come to the surface. I still like wearing suits, tshirts with my favorite sports teams, and everything in between that is masculine. I am a biological male after all, and I love being with a woman. I also at times feel like I am a woman, when I am shopping, or cooking, or spending time with my wife, because she likes having Heather as her partner in crime, as she puts it. We enjoy so many things that most spouses never get to experience, and it has added another layer to our relationship, which has made our bond even stronger. So, while there are some that feel they need to have a label for everyone, I say we are all people struggling to make our way through this wild and crazy world. Love and peace to all!  xoxo

Well said and yes you have A label, it says A well adjusted happy person,

I agree with you totally. I have always felt labels don’t define you, they limit you. I feel I am so much more than just a label.  Just my two cents.

Labels do nothing but divide us as a species.
      So many people caught up trying to belong to one group to the detriment of another.

The sooner everyone understands this the better.

We’re all in the same boat, a human being with a finite life span. No facts about what was before we arrived here and no facts about what’s next.

[postquote quote=397694]
      Interesting comparison! Yes we are all somewhere along the spectrum, as you put it, yet it feels as if we are being subdivided by so many variations. Talking to my wife last night about this topic, she reminded me that one of the quirks of living in NJ is we jokingly ask each other “what exit” when determining where someone lives geographically within the state. So maybe I’m just adapting being more open with who I am, and it just feels odd to be “labeled” as to which group of CD’s I belong.

Siobhan
      Lady

As a society I believe that we need labels, so we can learn, later understand, later accept and later create protection in law.  Mid last century anyone who wanted to wear a dress was obviously a homosexual, this is not the case, we have new label identities, so we can better determine who people are, what and why they do what they do, and then we can accept and hopefully protect them in society … hopefully.

Kate Bornstein as an example said that transitioned to female because she was trans, and didn’t feel comfortable as male, but thinks now maybe she was non-binary and may have not needed to transition fully medically as she did, and as society expected at that time.  Younger trans people are socially and medically transitioning, to different stages, and to a form that makes them complete, which would not have been previously acceptable in society.  But any of us can noe, as society has a better understanding, because we created new labels for these states of being.

I’m still not thrilled with’LABELS’ but I can’t argue with the points you raise.

Welcome to the site Heather, and thanks for your interesting post.

Hope you have fun exploring, and make new friends.

❤️B

Anonymous

sounds like what you have is pretty great. a woman that understands you and you understand her. you are her boyfriend and her girlfriend at the same time. that must mean alot to her. she can talk to you about clothes and feelings, ect. and you will listen. not like a man that would say it not that important to me. not only that but you can tell her what looks good on her and she on you. i was at the bar a few weeks ago and a woman said she liked talking to me about shoes, clothes and relationships. she said its not fun talking to a guy about stuff like that because they dont have a clue. some day i hope to be a boyfriend and a girlfriend at the same time. im sure it would be so much fun. so i guess if i was to put a label on you it would be a lucky person.

Bravo Heather.  I enjoyed your post immensely. While some may want to put every person they know into a nice neat category, there are some of us that do not need to classify ourselves as anything other than a person or as I like to say a “being” who has experienced lives as both a male and  a female. Now I feel at times like being Teralynn and in certain situations I feel more like being John. Even when one particular persona is front and center, my consciousness is quite aware of the other persona that is part of me also. I once told one of my students that we are all the sum of our experiences. Nothing that I have learned or experienced in this life has caused me to change my mind about that. So others may classify me any way they want to. I am just me. All of me is recognized, accepted and appreciated for the experiences and knowledge they have contributed to making me who I am today. So you like to dress in feminine attire, maybe feel that you should have been born a female, or anything else you feel that other people think is not normal. That is their problem- not mine and not yours unless you make it so. Everyone should just be who they are and let others do the same and things would go a whole lot smoother on our evolving world. Sorry for the long  posting but your obvious happiness with who you are struck a chord that resonated strongly with me and I felt compelled to add my total agreement with how you are living your life. My hope is that one day everyone will live such a blessed life and be happy and comfortable with who they are. Thanks for your post! – Blessings from Teralynn

I am also an engineer, albeit retired these days. Labels are nothing more than shorthand. For example, isn’t it much easier to use the term differential instead of automatic device to compensate for the variance in rotational speed between the inner and outer drive wheels during cornering?

Anonymous

Hi Heather

Good topic of which I am totally unqualified to answer….just give my thoughts……

I have never spoken to anyone about this wonderful thing I do…I have just always….done it because it felt right, never really wondering why.

Since I have joined CDH, I have read so much, that I really have changed my opinion…on me!!!

I was just a normal guy, who wanted to dress and act female whenever possible…but now I feel that inside me somewhere, maybe there is some marooned female desperately trying to get out, to the point that as I get older, she is starting to take control more and more….okay….how many label’s do I qualify for..???

and how far do you go in dividing us up??….if you just count crossdressing as a label, that’s ALL of us…..if you start labelling girls because of the different way they feel or act….that could be endless…

lastly, after ” purge”…..”label” is my second most hated word….

Stay safe everyone…..grace xx

Yea DeeAnn! I agree with you- whatever that is. Having a term for some specific engineering thing is somewhat different than trying to classify every person who crossdresses. After all beings are one of the Universal Father’s most unique and complicated engineering works. But hey what do I know! Maybe we would all be better off being placed in a particular classification category. I still contend it is as Shakesphere once said, “ much ado about nothing” so humans be yourself and be happy and don’t worry about what label you should have or what label someone else may want to classify you as! – Blessings from Teralynn

[postquote quote=398777]

To me the basic issue is simplicity. I could tell people that I identify as transgender and non-binary or I could say that my gender identity is non-binary which for me means that I am an amalgam of male and female perspectives and energies. I present as female 90% of the time when I leave my home.

That’s 3 words versus 34.

I think I’ll save my breath for something more purposeful…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?