- November 17, 2020 at 9:49 pm #407788harley julepParticipantRegistered On: January 18, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 6Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 118 times
- November 19, 2020 at 11:16 am #408384EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 726Has thanked: 3924 timesBeen thanked: 2259 times
- November 18, 2020 at 7:39 pm #408179
- November 18, 2020 at 4:15 pm #408131Jase MorganLadyRegistered On: November 13, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 63 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
I like pretty bras, but most of the time they scream uncomfortable and impractical for my taste. The newer styles with extra crossover, wrap around strappy bands look cute but a pain to conceal and time consuming to put on. As an every day bra wearer I find that a lounge or sports type bra works best while at work but I will change into a traditional soft cup or underwire in the evening and only one of those have a lace band. To me my undergarments are more practical than pretty….dont get me wrong because practical can be pretty 😊
- November 18, 2020 at 7:28 am #407882stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1371Has thanked: 2019 timesBeen thanked: 5892 times
The majority of men lost their flamboyant interest in fancy clothes back in or even before Victorian Times. Long gone are the fancy lace and ribbon decorated doublets, ruffs, feathered hats etc. of the 17th century. Maybe it’s the industrial revolution to blame. But – men became so drab! drab! drab! And still mostly are. I hate my man clothes.
But men didn’t and don’t like their women to be drab. There is an argument to say that pretty and feminine clothes were designed to attract men and to please men! Heresy I know! Please don’t burn me at the stake!
But then women began to appreciate pretty clothes for themselves, and reclaimed them – “took them back” so to speak. And that’s where we are today. Sure, some women “dress up” for sex and to please their SO’s, but they mostly dress for themselves, to feel pretty and glamorous and powerful.
The above is very poor and simplistic, and I’m not sure if I got my thoughts across very well. Oh well.
In a nutshell – all of us are drawn to beauty and its reflected in the design of lingerie for women ( and us) who want to look and feel beautiful, even if its covered by outerwear.
- November 18, 2020 at 8:25 am #407907AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
Hi Stephanie, interesting answer, I think in the past ladies dresses how they expected too and to gain a husband ( I quite fancy a bit of that ). Nowadays most women dress for convenience so the usual black tights or jeggings with a non -descript top. Unless it is Summer and they are going somewhere special seldom do I see a lady in a pretty dress ( what a waste lol ). I love Summer dresses it is a shame I never got to go out this year in my finery but next year post covid well !!!.
- November 18, 2020 at 4:24 am #407840Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1507Has thanked: 1100 timesBeen thanked: 3883 times
Ever since I saw bras I wanted them. It was my dream to wear them with matching panties. I was only 4 and was already wearing stockings, pantyhose and heels. I was given a few bras and panties too. Now I so wanted a dress to complete my fantasy wardrobe.
The pantyhose, heels, bras and panties were to big for me and I didn’t have any dresses. I had to wear a shirt that looked like a short dress but was not as pretty. I really wanted all those things in my size, but having them could lead to big problems.
When I was 18 and got my own place, I went nuts buying all the clothes I had wanted so much for so long. I got many matching bras and panties and a lot of bras and panties that didn’t match. To wear them with my shiny sheer to waist pantyhose, stiletto heels and short pretty dresses was just heavenly. It was dreams and fantasies come true.
It was like all those pretty clothes called to me and I just had to have them.
- November 18, 2020 at 12:59 am #407805Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1429Has thanked: 6653 timesBeen thanked: 7923 times
- November 17, 2020 at 11:07 pm #407795Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 433Has thanked: 374 timesBeen thanked: 1963 times
Women buy lingerie to feel beautiful. It makes them feel good about themselves. As any underdressing crossdresser knows, wearing beautiful lingerie under the most drab outfit makes her feel beautiful!
- November 17, 2020 at 10:56 pm #407794Mikey JohnsonLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 116Has thanked: 139 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.