Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

`Why do some people insists that you have to be clean of body hair if your crossdressing?

I have gotten hate from other cross dressers, from regular people, from trans people and who knows who else.

Like what happened to all this talk about you do you and that crap. I guess I’m here to tell you, you don’t have to go though all that if you don’t want to. You still be the mans man and be the girly girl at the same time.

I call it, I don’t give a rats butt attitude

Yes there have been e few times where I shaved my entire body it took about 3 hrs or so, maybe longer. The hardest part is finding someone to shave my back for me.

I have gotten to the point I don’t care about removing all that hair. Heck I don’t even shave off my beard anymore. Turns out I am a much happier crossdresser once I stopped all that shaving crap. I never once cared about passing, behind closed doors or out in public.

So if you see a man in a dress or skirt in his 50s covered in body hair and sporting a beard. Walk up and say hi, I don’t bite.

It just me, the crossdressing Hippie

Barb Wire
      Lady

Hi Hippie!

LOL! Oh, I like you!

There’s another girl here who has a full beard and she is HOT! (I mean that with utmost decency and respect!).

Personally, I shave everything, but get lazy with my back, shoulders and arms. So what? Go ahead.. make a comment.. “Make my day”…. LOL!!

FWIW, I use a long wooden spoon and apply Veet to the non-scoop side and then rub it all over my back, but I have to brace myself because that stuff is COLD!

The very best to you and yours, Hippie!

Barb 🙂

Trish White
      Baroness

I used to only shave my legs and underarms back in the day, mainly because the clothes I wore always covered up any unshaved areas and I didn’t have a lot of hair on my arms and none on my hands. I do, however, want to present as a women. We have had a pool for about 25 years and I loved wearing my bikini and suntanning by the pool. That’s when I had to start shaving my whole body. Very time consuming but for me worth every minute.

She used to keep me shaved until my late 30s when the fuzz started turning into fur. We finally gave up and now I am only shaved for special occasions. Like you, I have reached the stage in life where I don’t really give a rat’s elbow what others think.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I haven’t seen any posts suggesting that others should be clean of body hair. Your choice is different to how others want to be and where is it being made an issue? I’m baffled at your comment. We all enjoy dressing and that is our common bond. How we choose to do it is down to the individual but no one should be pressured to do something they aren’t comfortable doing and sad you see that negative.

You do what makes you the happy hippie. You have my support for sure and happy to say ‘Hi’.

Anonymous

Hi Hippie

Many thanks for this….I’ve only recently started the All over shave (Thankfully my back is as bare as a baby’s bum).

I am alarmed at the rate that it grows back, I’ve barely put the razor down I rub my arm or chest and buggers me….Stubble!?.

but if its acceptable then I shall restrict my shaving to legs & hands.

If I ever meet a bearded lady, then I shall definitely say Hi

Hugs X

Wilma

Hippie
        Lady

Oh I sure know about rapid growth. Just my beard alone. I would shave at 5 am and by 5 pm I looked like Fred Flintstone. At less when I use the straight razor on my legs. That last about 10 days

Hippie

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Be HAPPY, only what is importation to you matters.

Hippie,

So sorry that you’ve been on the receiving end of hateful sentiments – certainly undeserved just because of how you choose to present yourself.

I’ve found that many times that noble ‘you do you’ attitude is only there until something becomes personal, then it vanishes faster than rust consumes the bottom of an A100 door LOL!    I’ll take a stab at answering your ‘insistence’ question, at least from my perspective FWIW…

I think it originates from ‘self-insistance’ gone awry….

As an example, I’ll use myself (because I know that wacko the best LOL).  When it comes to my crossdressing, I use it to both express, and to a degree also to manifest, my feminine side.  For me, that happens only when I present as completely feminine as possible, but I know that’s not the same for everyone else.  If I wore my forms, underthings and a dress but didn’t do anything with my beard, hair, etc.., I wouldn’t feel feminine.  Presenting as an obvious ‘man in a dress’ satisfies neither my masculine or feminine presentation desires (needs?).  So my personal (i.e., directed only inward towards myself) insistence for my crossdressing is that I must completely ‘woman-up’ from head to toe with no masculine traits remaining visible.  Again, obviously not all crossdressers feel this same way – you being a great case in point.

Where things go sideways, IMHO, for those crossdressers who have hated on you for your choice of presentation is that they have taken this ’self insistence’ on a completely feminine presentation and turned it outward – transforming that ‘insistence’ which they self-imposed on themselves into something that becomes a ‘judgement’ of other crossdressers who don’t have the same type of self insistence as they do.

Now regardless of the thoughts that these people may have in their heads, it is when they act that their hearts are revealed.  Even when we don’t agree with someone, we can still be kind….  Spewing hate is, IMO, a fear response, and for whatever reason, I suspect that your androgyny scares them (the CDs, ‘regular people,’ and others who have hated on you) somehow…perhaps threatening the perceived tidiness of an all-feminine or all-masculine presentation viewpoint?  Whatever the reason, there’s no valid excuse, and again Hippie, I’m so sorry that you’ve been hated on for how you choose to present yourself.

I applaud your resilience, and your wonderful degree of self-acceptance of who you are and how you engage the world!  And at the same time I’m saddened by the thought of others out there like you, but who do not possess those same gifts, and who may be suffering greatly as a result…  Thank you for sharing this, it may make a difference…

Marcellette

BTW please also know that I also deeply appreciate all the great contributions that you and your wife make in these forums!

Marcellette

Anonymous

Exactly what I was thinking Marcellette.

Not to get too political, but it’s like the folks who are for allowing prayers in public schools, who would be totally against, say, a Wiccan group forming in that same school, or allowing Muslims to read the Koran in that school.

It’s “my way” or “the highway”.

Anonymous

Hi Hippie remember rule number 1499 no rules be your self and never mind those that give you neg vibes.

Donna

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years.

When i start doing my journies in the outside world if see a lady with beard will say hi.

Hugs

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

You got to be you girl. What others think doesn’t matter.

Hugs, Liara

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Hippie. For me I want to present (when out) as close to ‘passable’ as possible. I remember watching a vidio recently of a man in a wedding dress. The man had a full beard and I thought to myself yuk! After going through what I have over this past year I have found that if that is what makes you happy, go for it.
      What I did for myself is in connection to my CD I got my nails done, they are long acrylic nails and I am on my 3rd round of nails and I am wearing them to work to church, everywhere I go weather dressed enfemme or in drab they are there to remind me of my feminine side. I like myself, I like my pretty nails. SO if you like to wear women’s clothes while sporting a beard (still not for me) go for it.

. . .Cassie

Hippie
        Lady

Now that’s one thing I am down for. I just love my nails done and painted. I know I make no sense, but that’s who I am

I’m like a clash of half boy,half girl and forced to live as one person.

There is no all boy and no all girl with me.

Hippie

Cece X
      Lady

Hippie, I very much support you on your personal path. Everyone’s journey should be unique and self-driven,
      I see parallels in our stories. I enjoy wearing women’s clothing at home behind closed curtains and underdressing in public. I have facial hair and have never even considered shaving any part of my body. Not only am I not looking to pass, I am not even interested in exploring any femininity beyond the wardrobe. I am most comfortable being my very butch self. I too am a bearded man in a dress.

Oddly, this year I have a crossdressing student who always wears dresses and other very feminine clothing to school and until last week had a beard. I admire her (she uses feminine pronouns) courage. I have to keep a professional detachment with my students, but I may reveal myself to her when she graduates, which should be in a few months.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Cece X.

You could just as well ask why do some people insist you wear breast forms, or have long (or at least a feminine style) hair, or do makeup.

Many people feel if they are going to dress in women’s clothing (which is the only thing you have to do to be a crossdresser), they have to go all the way feminine with your presentation.  There are example pictures that you can find of men who just like to wear “women’s” clothing, but are not interested in presenting as a woman.  Perhaps these people need to feel more feminine.  Perhaps they are comfortable presenting as a woman but not as comfortable presenting as a man dressed as a woman.

There are also a lot of people who feel if you don’t do X like they do, you are doing it wrong and they will be happy to tell you. This isn’t even related to CD’ing; it can be anything.  I suspect this is the type of people you are seeing.  They may be in a minority, but tend to be loud about it.

I think we just have to learn to ignore those who give unsolicited advice on how we are “supposed to” do it, and just be ourselves.  While I prefer the shaven (or in my case, waxed) look, I’m not going to tell anyone how they should behave.  They’re fully aware if they go out without shaving their body or their face.  They’re on a different journey than me, and I just wish them the happiness in their pursuits.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Hippie,

I fully agree with the others here who say you should do what makes you feel better about yourself, and don’t let whoever these ‘some’ people are dictate what they think you should or shouldn’t do, be or shouldn’t be. I understand that acceptance is a two way street.  I need (and try) to be as accepting of others as I would want them to be accepting of me.

It’s like, I don’t understand furries, but if they’re happy, not doing things that might harm others, then fine with me.   In a world of over 7 billion people, there’s probably a lot more diversity than we can barely imagine.

Well, I can only guess but here is my best shot.

Just like there are societal expectations for the roles of male and female, and clothing permitted for male vs female, there are societal expectations for what is considered attractive for male or female.

It’s not just a matter of wearing the clothes you like… if you put on the uniform, the other expectations will flow.

No back hair and very very sparse hair around my nipples, legs are epilated and my face clean shaven, arm pits slick with no hair, my forearms are hairy because, the one time I trimmed just a little it was almost immediately remarked by one of my co-workers. It just feels better for me being well groomed when I wear my girl.

I do not think I ever will consider femulating some cis women I know that almost always wear male clothes though it would be the easiest way to “crossdress” and no one would think of it.

Anonymous

Not much body hair to worry about. I don’t have anything low-cut, and opaques take care of the legs, and a touch of concealer takes care of the face.

Surely it’s each to their own? Why do people have to be nasty about it?

Connie

xxx

I say being hairless or hairy depends on the individual. Myself I do prefer hairless but then my wife knows I dress and she prefers hairless but does not like jaggy stubble. I am hairless from my eyebrows down apart for a little strip below. Again this is my choice as I love the feeling of the materials of my lingerie dresses skirts and tops. Some gurls are still in the closet and it would seem strange to others to all of a sudden have no hair. Again it is their choice.

Hi Hippie.
      You have to do you, sweety, and if you dont want to shave, that is your choice.
      Myself, I want to be the woman I feel inside, and I want to feel the lovely clothes, and underthings on my body. Therefore, I epilate everywhere, it’s just what feels best, to me.
      But I would love to see the bearded lady, or man in a dress, out, and give her a big hug.
      p!$$ on the haters, they don;t belong here
      Hugs, Regi

Hi Hippy chic x

You obviously have never got your chest hair tangled in your balcony bra have you?

Hippie
          Lady

No, but got it caught in a corset, front and back hair

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

“I am a much happier crossdresser since I stopped all that shaving crap”.

I love it!

That’s the most important thing, isnt it Hippie?   Some are very concerned with passing – and that’s fine – but its more important how you feel on the inside.  Now I’m not overly hairy to begin with, and i enjoy being shaved myself, but that’s what makes me happy.  As has been said, you do you!  It’s more important to feel happy with ourselves. Lord knows we deserve to.

Stevie

Anonymous

[postquote quote=592021]
      Ha Ha Ha

Fred Flinstone?

Hugs & XXX

Willllmaaaa!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

My compliments on your aversion to hair removal! My sentiments exactly. You let yours grow. I blasted mine with a laser. Different appearances. 2 happy people!

Whatever floats your boat. F the haters!

If your happy, Then im happy for you.

Crossing is an evolving process. I grew to become who I am today. Whats important to you may change over time.

For me the feeling of a satin blouse and thigh high stockings on smooth lotion skin is worth the effort.

Skin is a very sensual organ

I meet CDs of all types when I go on one of my outings – and the rule is that there are no rules, and people who think there are don’t get out much.

By which I mean get out of their heads – and I am not talking about taking drugs, I mean talking to people, finding out what makes them tick.

Many people love talking to a CD, because we’re unusual – and, after they’ve asked their questions, I tend to find that they’ll volunteer all kinds of candid stuff about themselves.

I’ve met several CDs with beards, dress, make-up, wig, everything – or no wig, simply because they felt like dressing that way – and why not?

I shave my body hair because I am repelled by body hair.

But I’ve met very hirsuite ladies, including one who had a bit of a moustache and chest hair (She was wearing a low cut top and not hiding it. It grew black and surprisingly thick between her breasts).

It’s a choice, and no-one has the right to tell you to lose or keep it.

Love Laura.

Stevie65
      Lady

Love it!! To each their own I says. Your not here to please anyone but youself. To hell with those hen peckers who cant think byond their own good. There is no excuse for ignorance.

Crossdressing is just dress as our opposite gender dresses…..and hair is only hair.

What is really  important for us is our mental actittude and how we  interiorizade it and how we  share and enjoy the experience with other cd girls.

And of course 100% full of joy and suport for all possible girls that we meet!!!

Kisses and Feliz Navidad!-!!

Sonia

Hi Hippie,

I tried shaving everything early on and I really loved the silky smooth feeling all over. However…. I’m just too lazy for all the upkeep. Another thing is my wife really didn’t like it. Even though she always liked my beard, she is okay with me having a smooth face. She understands that I love the transformation that takes place when I put on my makeup and I see Stephanie looking back in the mirror. Although I love all my pretty clothes, when I see Stephanie all dolled up in the mirror I feel a sense of being complete and have a inner peace and happiness. I have been out in public only once for two days with my wife and mostly just dress at home now. My wife and I both enjoy my girly side and I don’t have to please anyone but us…. Stephanie

Hippie
        Lady

I agree with your ” I really loved the silky smooth feeling all over. However…. I’m just too lazy for all the upkeep” Boy don’t I know that feeling

Bethann Paige
      Duchess

I am new to this site. Really just started dressing in the last few months. I have worn panties and lingerie in secret on and off for years but recently have realized that this is who I am and who I want to be. I look like Santa , long grey beard and hair. I am not ready to shave the beard yet. Maybe I will at some point , but I do know that I love getting dressed up in pretty clothes and it makes me feel like I have never felt before in my life. I have only ventured out in public once in the last few weeks and it was amazing. I got some odd looks but I didn’t care I felt beautiful.

Cece X
        Lady

I absolutely loved your response, Bethann. I would love to see Santa in a dress! I guess you are on your way back to the North Pole now, but thanks for all the cheer you brought us on Christmas, girlfriend.

Bethann Paige
          Duchess

Thank you Cece. I am going to work on getting a few pics loaded.

I’m not out to my SO yet and it’s tough to find the  time to really get  as picture ready as I’d like.   Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hippie.. to each their own and good luck with your personal choices in all aspects of your life.

I’m firmly in the “get rid of it camp”. From my eyes down to my toes and with closely trimmed eyebrows to boot!

I’ve only recently being doing the “whole lot” as it makes me feel so much more feminine. Especially in bed at night when I’m wearing silk lingerie, cami french knickers and nightie.

Winter time stockings going on shaved legs is wonderful as well.

I’m well into my 70’s so its not as though I wish to be hairless to allow me to wear short or sleeveless dresses, skirts, tops, etc.

To repeat its just a lovely part of being Caty.

Caty

I’m the same way, gurl. I don’t like hair on my body. Except my head.  And that darn male pattern bald spot, drive me nuts.  I just got a home waxing kit from Amazon the other day. OMG, I’m loving it.  I don’t care for the pain. But that doesn’t last long.

But I can understand the OP’s perspective. If I had a lot of hair, it would get very annoying trying to keep it all at bay. And the next day or two, it’s right back to where it was.

I would never condemn anyone for how they want to dress and present themselves. If your comfortable having a beard and wearing a dress and don’t have a problem with negative comments people may make, I give you a lot of credit.

When I get dressed in pretty feminine clothes I want to look my best and as feminine as possible. I’m thankful I naturally have very little body hair. I won’t say I’m a beautiful specimen of a woman, but I do the best I can to present the pretty clothing I’m wearing in a way that looks presentable to the general public as they expect to see it.

For me it goes beyond just an interest in wearing women’s clothes, I want to present myself as being feminine or at least showing I put all the effort I can into achieving the proper look that one would expect of a woman. I would  be very uncomfortable having body hair.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

Why do I remove my body hair? I have two main reasons and one of them may be a bit ridiculous.

1.) I like to feel the textures of clothing. My male clothing is just rough everywhere. lace, silk, and velvet are not and I love the feeling of them against my skin. Body hair muted all that. I couldn’t really feel what I was wearing.

2.) My wife and I can be comfortable at the same temperature and we don’t argue over the thermostat. When I am covered in body hair I am hot all the time. Constantly wearing a full body sweater will do that to you. With a lot of body hair I have to constantly cut the thermostat down or turn off the heat completely, meanwhile my poor wife freezes and there was no middle ground. Either she was comfortable and I was sweating or I was comfortable and she was bundled up shivering.

Bonus 3.) It gives me an excuse to take a nice warm bubble bath a couple times a week. It doesn’t take me long to do anymore. Hair grows at different rates and I use a hair inhibitor lotion which delays and slows hair growth. It’s just routine now. Every 3 to 4 days, I toss in some epson salts and a bath bomb in our garden tub. It take 5 to 7 minutes to use the man groomer on my back and sides, maybe 10 minutes to shave down my legs, another 5 for my arms, and maybe 5 for my chest and a few more minutes to trim and shape my beard. For me it’s easy, but I keep up on it. The first time I did it it took about 4 hours.

[postquote quote=593121]

I so wished I had started doing this in my teens. My figure was way better back then.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Hippie. I was once married to an Italian girl. I saw thicker beards and moustaches on older Italian women, then I did the men…

It’s each to their own fashion and style.
      Crossdressers can irk trans, and all the shades of the rainbow, because in general (mtf) we are straight guys, who love women… we don’t need to discard our masculinity. (Though I do like to pass at times.)

I shaved my beard because it went colonel sanders white, when I was 50. I first started to shave my body hair a few years ago because we had ticks in our garden. (Thanks to a contaminated load of wood chip.) It was easier to find the blighters without the jungle.

It’s my observation that within the rainbow alphabet, the tolerant catch phrase is “often” only for those within their particular circles.

There certainly has been a few “stiff” conversations on posts these forums when some insist cds are ignorant transgenders, or get in a huff when told they are strictly heterosexual and not interested in guys, even when enfemme.

The spectrum is wide. It’s up to the individual to discover, take ownership, and rock their style.

Peta Mari
      Lady

P.s. I just read in your bio that your a crossdressing farmer. (Me too.)

Working in a skirt can be ever so practical.

Hippie
        Lady

In some cases, when working with PTO shafts a skirt or bibs could be deadly

Hipie

Peta Mari
          Lady

100% too right. I never wear a skirt around the slasher. (Or chain sawing)

But when using a shovel to dig. Gardening. Painting. Feeding the animals etal.

Anonymous

No body hair at all for this girl…head, eyebrows, and landing strip only.

Haley

Yeah, I’m same… head, trimmed eyebrows… but no landing strip even. I like silky smooth all over. It’s hard not to rub myself all over all the time though… LOL.

The hair today gone tomorrow thing is interesting. Society shifted from natural to smooth for women in the early 1900s. If i recall correctly, it was to sell women on the idea that smooth was sexy. And so it has gone.
      I, for one, went from superhairy all over to smooth eight years ago and wont go back. Yes, it takes time everyday.
      Getting into a routine of shaving everyday adds about 10 minutes to the shower. I love the feel of the smooth skin and the look is consistent with what I want to look like. So thats just me, to each his own.
      Just a note on the back shaving. If you buy a paintbrush extention handle it is an easy thing to put a razor in the spot where the brush should go. The articulated result is an easy breezy back hair removal system for about $20.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I say “you do you” boo boo…

I personally like to shave most all of my “remaining” body hair off IF I’m going for a very femme look(remaining because I keep the lower half of me smooth all the time)… That’s MY choice… I don’t hold anyone to my beliefs. Whether we’re talking: clothes, makeup, hair(all topics), or if you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Your choices.

I will say this for those that are taking the IDGAF approach, I feel you.

I have been venturing out over the last 6 months in a mixture of gear… male/female clothes, with or without makeup, with or without wig….

I’ve gotten quite comfy wearing a skirt, short heels/wedges, a cute tee shirt, light makeup and that’s it… I’m obviously male to those that look, I’m obviously wearing “women’s” clothes(I’ve started arguing how an inanimate object has a gender, but ok), and it’s clear that I’ve got some eyeshadow and likely mascara on…lipstick too if my mask is off. Ya know what? The world keeps turning and they can get over it… F them if they don’t like it. They aren’t the ones wearing it like a boss…

Don’t worry about getting static from some other girls. Some people believe that things, even crossdressing, can only be done a certain way and any other way is wrong.

Be you, and let them be them…

Dress on Babe and have fun out there!

XOXO

Rayna

Hippie
      Lady

So you shave your head to, Wow That’s taking hairless to the next level. Sinéad O’Connor was a bald female punk rock star

Anonymous

Oh remember the first star trek motion picture the actor had bald hair thought she was still cute.

Anonymous

me either took me to long to grow mine out. and the help of HRT

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?