• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by JOJO.
Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Some of us have been crossdressing for longer than some members have even been alive. Sometimes it’s easy to lose sight of just why it’s so important for us to keep sharing our experiences.

You don’t have to be a fashion plate or even go out fully dressed. This could be largely an internal thing for you. But we learn from everything we experience. Sure, individually most of those experiences aren’t a lot. But taken together they mean everything, especially to those of all ages who are just starting out on their journey.

Telling someone what works for you and why gives them something to consider, a piece of their own puzzle to possibly add. All those emotional ups and downs, the purging, all of that could be exactly the balm someone needs for their own troubles. Or it could be the ray of hope that gives them renewed courage.

There’s an article here I think but nowhere near now. Just think about this. Part of experiencing things is to help make it easier for the next person to experience it. We’ve lit the path for them, at least a little.

I’ve only been dressing for over a year but I’ve found what works for me is trying on all my clothes before buying them. I know that might not be able to be done in the current situation though. But I’ve saved myself money and time by not buying online and only buying in store. If you act like you belong in the women’s department and show respect and confidence you will not have a problem. (At least in my experience.) Sales associates have been nothing but helpful with me and my outfit choices. I mostly shop en femme so that might help things. I have shopped in drab mode as well and never had a problem there either. I hope this will paragraph of mine helps.

-Rachel

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Oh so right!!!  Many who are only now seeing this are very new and extremely nervous about what their discovering. Having no ideal why in most cases but importantly have no ideal where or how to start and usually facing emotional issues. Hearing from others and their experiences definitely helps and certainly gives hindsights on what others are thinking and exploring through this journey. It help to better understand and  helped motivate me , especially since being shy and very confused. Now with a confinance to express my feelings I enjoy sharing even that little bit to make someone feel comfortable and more accepting in themselves. Share your thoughts,  your experiences and with time more will enjoy being that lady they feel deep inside.

Stephanie 🌹

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Well said and completely true C.A.

Things are certainly more open now than they were 20, 30 or more years ago.  I think we ( old timers – hehe ) need also to be more open then.  Had I experienced such a thing as CDH in the 90’s I would have been much happier.   Encouragement of others and helping is just a good natured thing to do, it’s a natural thing.   Or should be.

Stevie

Kelly
      Lady

Casey, you are so right. I usually don’t post, or reply because I think often times, my experiences aren’t really relevant to others. We all travel down different paths, yet are heading to the same/similar destinations. I have learned however, though we each different people, yet we are very similar in that, we feed our feminine side when and where we can. Let’s all share when we can, and learn from each other.

Hugs 💋

Kelly

In no particular order:

• We share because we want to see if others had similar or different experiences
      • We share because we are fishing for compliments
      • We share because we want to help others who want to have similar experiences in the future
      • We share to pass along our experiences and our knowledge to others who ask for help
      • We share because humans love to tell stories about themselves and listen to the stories of other people
      • We share because we want to teach others about the diversity of people

Casey, very good point.

I read as many posts as I can, and grab ideas and incorporate them into my dressing.  Only way to improve is to see what others have done and learn from it.

My dressing has only taken off in a positive direction due to sites like this; for example,for the longest time I would never consider incorporating pantiliners into my dressing, but after reading other’s experience with them, I have done that.

Another example is sitting down to pee.  Since reading posts on whether to sit or stand while peeing, I’ve found myself sitting to pee more than standing even in drab mode (mostly at home, not when I am out as I am anal about sitting on public toilet seats unless it is absolutely necessary).  It definitely helps keep the toilet bowl rim cleaner as there is no pee splatter/dribbles.

I agree based on the stories and experiences I read here on CDH is what led me to believe I was not a bad person, a pervert, or that anything was inherently wrong with me for wanting to wear women’s clothing.  All you ladies gave me the confidence that I might actually be able to go out in the world.  You convinced me to open up and be honest with my wife, and trust that she might actually support me (which she does!).  I have learned to accept myself.

I’m still working on how much to let out to people I know in the world, and if/when to express myself in an acceptable way at work.  We’ll see.

Love you all!!

Anonymous

So true. I used to buy online and the hassle of finding things that were unsuitable and having to return was awful. So much easier to shop in store. I started by travelling to another city Edinburgh where I don’t know many people. The sales assistants well most, have been trained to accommodate Crossdressers etc. I’ve never had a problem even with lingerie. Be bold and respectful.

Anonymous

What I will share is that you are not weird or a freak for wanting to wear beautiful wonderful women’s clothes. To be happy with what I chose to wear I look at what other women are wearing and the type they wear for different occasions and go with that look. I may wear jeans shorts and tank to Walmart or my local shopping mall but if I go to a more upscale stores I will wear a skirt with top or a dress. I find by doing that I don’t look different than any other girl out shopping. I also add in small touches like ear rings, bracelets and necklaces if necessary. Same for shoes, I would not wear stilettoes to Walmart when white tennis shoes fit in better. My makeup is basic and the same for my wigs, they are styled for my age and face shape. But be who you want to be and enjoy yourself.

Carla

many parts of the country there are places to go and get makeovers and hang out with responsible people that will ensure your safety.  some places are small operations but when everyone puts in the time to make it fun those times are memory makers.

it’s so important to share ones experience in these matters for one thing never feel that you have nothing to add to the collective all experiences mater we all learn something new about how people do things in their areas and sometimes have the answer to basic questions others are trying to figure out.  I personally love reading about other gurls and their lives.

Darling, I believe this to the point of oversharing!

I hope that some of my experiences and feelings reach others in the same way that theirs touch my own, and that I can both learn and teach whatever I can, or simply entertain, without labouring the point.

More than anything, I’d like to see cross dressing become as acceptable to the wider community as it is within our tiny part it.

The unnecessary pain, damage to mental health and destruction of families over clothing needs to stop – it’s a form of madness induced not by reasoning, but by widespread misunderstanding, fear and prejudice.

But mostly misunderstanding.

A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

People need to be educated and get more knowledge!

Love Laura

JOJO
      Lady

I believe that as experienced crossdressers we can be a valuable resource for those that are new to crossdressing. We can provide personal experiences that others maybe able relate to. But most important, we can let new members to crossdressing know that they are not alone in their journey.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?