Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

3) Why I do what I do

AS I noted in one of the other posts today, there are several consequences when you choose to reach out to try and help someone going through a difficult time. First is that it can sometimes be that the overture is unwelcome as the person needs help but refuses to allow anyone to help them. Or they allow someone to talk to them but are uncooperative in sharing the true nature of their problem and what they are struggling with. They may be passive in their resistance-not returning messages-giving non-committal responses; or they may be actively hostile telling you to leave them alone and quit bugging them. It can be difficult and draining emotionally when those issues occur as we wonder why we are trying to help someone who seems not to want to be helped.

It can require persistence in reaching out again and again and trying to break through the noise to find out what the person is truly feeling. I have had times where I spent many days without hearing from someone wondering if there was something I did to drive them away and wondering if they were OK or might have abandoned the thought of ever being happy and safe!

But then you see the results rewarded-not every time but often enough! The person who had been avoiding your messages finally calls and it is like the Prodigal Son returning home as we celebrate together the admission of the issue and begin taking positive steps toward moving on. And in extremely lucky cases you see the difference you helped make in someone’s life!

IT is in being the blessing to a soul in trouble that God allows us to share in the blessing by letting us be His instrument of giving the person in crisis the Peace that Passeth Understanding. I thank Him for allowing me to feel that blessing multiple times I the last few months and stand ready to be here for anyone else who needs someone to talk to.

Anonymous

I for one am certainly glad that we have ladies like you to talk to here. I know that my male side doesn’t like to talk about any issues that I may have as I was brought up to believe that men solve problems, not talk about them. As I explore my Femme side deeper,I appreciate knowing that there are people I can go to when I encounter difficulties or when I just want to gab. I have enjoyed reading the posts that tell of the struggles that you ladies have faced in your journey and I pray that one day I too will have the courage to open up and share. Love to each and thank you!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?