Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Harriette
      Lady

I am told that I have medium width feet, but they are still pretty big, women’s size 11 and up depending on the brand.

Recently, I spent some time in a local Toronto shoe chain of big box stores – The Shoe Company – based on Town Shoes. I enlisted the help of a sales clerk in finding a simple, low-heeled pump. They have wide sizes in some brands, including Clarks. I had to order in my probable size, so fingers crossed.

They also have the Sketchers brand and they had a wide slip-on running / walking shoe in stock.

I mention these brands now because I haven’t seen either one mentioned here, so far, and I was treated with respect as a customer.

Of course you were treated right; it was Canada.

I’m afraid I’m not one to ask. I’ve only shopped online for shoes. Have had good luck with Torrid and Amazon Basics.

Hope the shoes you ordered are perfect!

Harriette
        Lady

The only problem that I anticipate is dealing with the pointed toe box. I would have preferred a rounded one, but, at this stage, I will take anything while I look around for more shoes.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I bought a shoe stretcher for the many “wide width” shoes I’ve bought that weren’t.  The stretcher works great.

/EA

Harriette
        Lady

I have one, too, but it is better to get the proper fit first.

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Agree 100% Harriette.  The problem I often encounter is the widest width in my size is still a bit tight in the toe box.  Going up a full size (half sizes usually aren’t available above size 11) makes for a more comfortable toe box, but then my feet slide around too much and that can lead to blisters.  So I buy the correct size and stretch them as needed.  Trying to find the perfect fit would mean passing up a lot of cute shoes.  With my large feet I can’t be too fussy.

/EA

The flip side to that would be to buy the larger size and use the heel pads that go inside the heel counter…

Don’t forget Torrid, they do wide shoes. I wear a womens size 13WW I have always found something at Torrid. You have a few around Toronto.

Harriette
        Lady

The local store had very little shoe stock to try on and it takes a long time to go there. The Shoe Company store is just down my street and had stock.

I will keep an eye on Torrid. 😉

In Canada we have a chain of women’s wear stores called Penningtons, they specialize in big girls and have a line of shoes that goes up to size 12WW.  I wear a ladies size 11 but often need the 12 for extra toe box room. I’ve got shoes from both Torrid and Penningtons, they look like both brands are made by the same manufacturer.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Harriette
        Lady

Thanks for the tip, Lauren! There used to be a Pennington near me, but I will have to hunt for another store.

“real” CD Heaven is “living next door to a sister” who is the same size and has the same taste as you in clothes and shoes that you wouldn’t mind sharing….am I right…???  I’m also a size 11 wide…I actually stopped buying shoes years ago, but here in the USA, when I did, I shopped on line at Zappos.com, a nice select of wide styles.  Sadly for me, most of the shoes I like, I can’t afford….and what I can afford, well…you all know that story, no need to repeat.  One item that I’m wearing in my dreams, are a pair of high heeled boots….they are so difficult to find in a Wide…I’ve given up as they, also would be more that I’m willing to pay, for an item I could not wear openly and out in public often enough to “show off”…!!!

Harriette
        Lady

What about women’s cowboy boots? Some of them come with some pretty high heels.

Thank you for reminding me about Torrid. I totallly forgot about that place! I see a whole closet of new shoes in my future!

I always wonder what goes on in the sales reps heads when I wander in and ask to see the heels. I feel like they are less judgey than the general public seeing some random guy getting joy of sitting and trying on some new strappy shoes.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?