Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Although I came out to my wife in 2004,she didn’t become accepting until six years ago.The road to her acceptance began  one night  on a whim when I dressed in front of her.Top,skirt,heels and tights.She wasn’t happy at all and went to sit in the kitchen because she couldn’t stand to see me like this.However,the very next day she had a change of heart and said that I could dress as Roberta on the condition that I do it when she was not at home and she would buy all my clothes and hose.I was very pleased with this acceptance.But there was more joy to come.Within a few weeks she became more and more encouraging.She kept her word and bought me several skirts,dresses,shoes and many of my  beloved tights.Six months later she started to allow  me to dress in front of her for a few days a week.After a short while this got extended to virually most of the week if we were at home.We are both retired so I can be Roberta from the time I get up in the morning until bedtime.

She made further strides and started to compliment me saying how good I look in womens clothes and saying remarking that my  femme style is respectable and age appropriate.This has continued and will always be so.At times ,we are like girly friends or sisters borrowing each others skirts,tops,pants and handbags.And when she is low on tights/ pantyhose I always oblige by giving her a spare pack.She is even cool about buying me panties and slips.In the last two years she also does my makeup some days.Applying powder,eye shadow and lipstick.The only aspects that I feel would be a step too far would be buying bras for me.I think this is mainly due to her being unsure of my size and she wouldn’t be too encouraging with regard to breast forms.And out of respect for her at night when I undress I wear mens pyjamas.And whenever we go out, I don’t mind  presenting as a guy to the outside word as  I don’t want anyone else to know.Hardly a day goes by without me thanking her for letting me be the woman I have always wanted to be and I never take her acceptance for granted.Roberta wouldn’t look half as attractive a woman were it not for my wonderful S.O.We both agree that although a lot more wives and partners are accepting of their other half’s crossdessing, nowadats,there are so many out there who are not so lucky and remain closeted.We both hope that one day their S.O’s will be accepting.

Hi Roberta thankyou for the wonderful story about your life and acceptance from your wife .. Thats fantastic and good luck girlfriend ..

Stephanie bass

Wow Roberta so cool!!  Hopefully my wife and I are on the same path.

You are very fortunate

Roberta –

Thank you for sharing, you are such a lucky lady to have such an understanding and supportive wife.

My wife is accepting her own way.  While she doesn’t want to see me dressed she has helped me buy clothes online as well as shoes, she has also bought me pantyhose.  I buy all my own panties and I’ve bought a couple bras.  The first bras that were purchased were bought online with my wife’s help.   It’s kind of funny, she doesn’t want to see me dressed but when the clothes we ordered online arrived she had me try them on so she could see that they fit and also gave me some advice on how to wear them (i.e.; tuck in the blouse with the skirt, and don’t tuck it in with the slacks).

I am always hoping taht she will become more accepting and eventually allow me to dress in her presence but for now I am happy with what I am able to do.  After denying this part of myself my whole life it is nice being able to acknowledge it, even if it is in private for short periods of time.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hi Suzanne.As your wife got you to try your new items on and offered advice it sounds to me that she is coming close to acceptance.I sincerely hope so.Let me know.

Hugs

Roberta

Anonymous

Hi Suzanne, so sounds a very similar story to mine. From zero to hero to the extent she asks me now if I’m ok because I haven’t dressed for awhile. As you said I will never take her acceptance for granted as marriage is a two way street. Never want to go back into the closet. Katie.

Katie –

Thank you.  As frustrating as it be at times it is also nice when she acknowledges Suzanne’s existence.  Like you I will never take her acceptance for granted, however, there are times I need to tone down my reaction to her acceptance.  As an example, recently she told me about a local support group and suggested I attend.  I was surprised by that and did attend.  Where the problem came in as when she asked me about it and I got all excited about having gone.  I was able to change when I got there and received compliments on my outfit and jewelry.  When I told her about that she got upset.  Also, the others at the meeting are in the process of transitioning and she was worried that I would want to start taking hormones.  I told her I have no intention of doing that.  It took her awhile to calm down and there are still some issues we’re working on, however, she did ask me about Suzanne the other day so things may be getting better.

XOXO
        Suzanne

Anonymous

Thank you for sharing the evolution of your supportive relationship. I am among the many who are envious of such successes. However, I realize too that its not just the luck of the draw. Its my guess that every supportive wife has a really tremendous partner.

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m happy for you that you have such a supporting wife. She is more involved with your dressing than mine is but everyone has to find their own balance. I think that the SO’s whose first reaction isn’t speed dialing lawyers but cares enough and begins to try to understand our kink, will over time, come to accept their partner more and more. Little steps over time seems to be the best way.

I came out to my wife about six years ago and it was the usual reaction most wives have, but since then she has come to accept me as I truly am and now she sees the benefits to having a cross dressing husband. While it took time we have found our limits and a balance and are currently both happy with our situation. She told me the other day that she likes my femininity and says it makes me a better person not just to her but to the world… she even called me her girlfriend which made me so happy. She knows I can be her husband, girlfriend, friend, and partner all in one and shes not going to lose me but we are bonded even more.

Not all SO’s will be accepting and I think it depends on a lot of different factors but coming out and being accepted is so liberating and wonderful it can be worth the risk.

Michelle –

Thank you for sharing.  That is wonderful that your wife is so accepting and taht she has said that about your femininity.

\XOXO
        Suzanne

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Acceptance is the pinnacle that all crossdressers desire and it seems that you have a wonderful wife Roberta. You are blessed.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

So wonderful.

Hugs, Liara

Billie
      Lady

I totally agree I am so lucky that my wife loves me enough to help me with my journey.

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

Hi Roberta,

It’s great to hear that your wife’s level of acceptance has evolved over time. Thank you for sharing this part of your story! Natalie.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Soooooo happy for the two of you Roberta. Sounds like the two of you found the place that allows you to be yourself as Roberta and you have no need or desire to take this any further. Wish we all could find this place!!!!
      . Cassie

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?