• This topic has 10 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hiya,

Another day another question….

I need to buy a wig and I’d like something reasonable that doesn’t cost the earth. I thought I might go for the Jon Renau Mila wig (6F27 caramel ribbon) because I thought it was a lovely style.

Then I measured my head and realised I have a watermelon instead of human head at 60cm circumference and the wig only comes in standard size (54-57cm) 😢

The only similar style I can find in large (57-60cm) is Jon Renau Scarlet which is a bit shorter. It’s also cheaper and I think due to lower quality synthetic hair and a different cap design.

So I guess my question is, how important is the sizing? If I wore standard size will my head implode or will it just look stupid or be damaged?

Thanks for your experience.

It’s hard work trying to be a woman sometimes.. sigh.

Thanks,

Megan

IsabelB
      Lady

Hi Megan,

I recently bought a Jon Renau wig (Scarlett, so a very similar style) in a standard cap size.  My head is a little smaller than yours at 59.5cm and I find it fits fine – it’s a beautiful wig, I have it in Shaded Mocha.  Although my size should put me in a large cap size the measurements over the top of my head are average, so I find large cap wigs feel too big.  I understand  Jon Renau wigs tend to be a slightly larger fit than some other brands and ‘give’ a little more on wearing.  Of course, that also depends on the cap construction – monofilaments give less than standard caps. Other makes can be a smaller fit – it’s worth watching some of the you tube reviews to get an idea of fit.
      I’m not sure if any of that helps – PM me if I can help more…

Good luck!

Isabel x

Anonymous

I have been looking at wigs online. One company that has large caps wigs is Jon Renau. I have not bought a Jon Renau wig, but they look very nice. Still shooping.

Kay

Anonymous

Hi Megan,

Been there, done that, bought the wig(s).

First, men have larger heads, so you will most certainly need to buy a Large, not Regular.  If you buy a Regular, it can fit, but will not be comfortable.  And yes, this does reduce your buying option.  My first wig was a Jon Renau, and they are nice – but it was a Regular.  Shop around at Wigs.com, The Wig Company and Paula Young; you will find something which suites your need, and all of the above have decent wigs at good prices.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Anonymous

My apologies, Jon Renau only has a few large cap wigs, but they are very nice. But two other companies that have large cap wigs are http://www.wigsis.com and http://www.rewigs.com

Kay

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. I should add that I’m in the UK and so shipping from the US can be very expensive, the latest quote i had to send a wig across the Atlantic was $124! Any UK shops recommended? I am tempted by https://wigtrendz.co.uk/ who seem much cheaper than other competition over here and as far as i can tell are reputable. Its a shame that they are an online store only as I’d value the opportunity to try one on before purchase.

Megan

Anonymous

Megan,

If you find a wig that you like, you could try searching on Ebay for it, looking for UK sellers. Just a suggestion.

Anonymous

Hi,

Through the magic of artificial intelligence face swap technology (https://reflect.tech/faceswap) I’ve been able to transplant my face onto the models wearing the large size Jon Renau wigs.

I’ve put the photo collage on my facebook page and I’d really welcome your feedback on which you think suits me the best and the worst (https://www.facebook.com/megan.stephens.9216778).

Now all they need to invent is artificial intelligence brain swap technology and I’ll be happy – not much to ask :o)

Love

Megan

IsabelB
      Lady

Hi Megan,

You could try Simplywigs.co.uk – I’ve used them a few times and find them to be very good – they also usually have a monthly special and then a special offer every Friday on one of their wigs.

Isabel x

Anonymous

Megan,

$124 sounds like a rip-off.  My wife made a quilt last year and sent it to our friends in Lincolnshire; only cost $14…but then, getting it through Customs cost them the VAT.  Have you any close friends on this side of the pond who could buy it and send it to you?

Anonymous

Megan,

Bettylou doesn’t have a Facebook account, so I have to answer here.  Your’re a hot chick in all of them, but I like the long auburn wig in the 2nd row, and the short blonde wig in the 3rd row.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?