Viewing 43 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I currently have 3 wigs, two are Paula Young wigs.  I am tempted to buy another as I want a brunette wig with bangs.  How many wigs do you own or have you let your hair grow long?

Kerri

I currently have one and just ordered me a second one today. So in another week or so I will own 2.

I have five,  They are synthetic and range from light blond to a red.  I like wigs that have bangs.

Suzi

Anonymous

Hi All
      I now have four a Long Brunette one,a Pink and Blond Bob and just recently invested in a nice long ombre wig….blond as well!
      However,i bet some of the other girls here have countless wigs and rightly so!

Anonymous

Dearest Stephanie
        Nice of you to thank my reply and you being a hostess,that means a lot sweetness!
        I obviously have only had those wigs for under 3 years but like i said,there are girls who own more!
        Possibly one for every day or something like that!
        I got mine from E-Bay UK because i didn’t have the strength to visit a Wig Store
        in person here in the UK!
        Was 59 yesterday and horror of horrors celebrated it in drab!
        However,you might not wish to know that but it wasn’t my Femme Day,i actually celebrate that in October!
        I have two Birthdays like our queen!
        Love & Respect Sweetness
        Anna xxx

Hi Anna thank you girlfriend its my pleasure to say hello to you as you are much younger than i am i turned 60 in January ha ha .. and married 39 years in March  so having a wonderful girly time in my life with support and help from wife as Stephanie loves to be here and say hello every chance i get so hello girlfriend..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Hi Stephanie
            Nice to hear your reply and nice message,Thanks Sweetness!
            And you have been married for 39 years and had support from your SO during all that time?
            US Wives are so supportive of their partners wishing to explore their Feminine side!!!!
            Why is it so that here in the UK it leads to all kinds of Chaos,broken marriage
            etc?
            You are so conservative over there that i bet you were able to come out even when you were married!
            Even though we are more or less the same age(but not the same experience)i feel i am way behind my true potential!!!
            And i have been doing this on and off for 42 years!!!
            Anyway,i honestly need a good kick up the derriere and Thanks again for your kind reply!
            Love & Hugs/Respect
            Anna xxx

Yes Anna as came out to wife just after we were married and she is a wonderful wife and girlfriend to Stephanie so sorry for you girls that have the struggles big hugs girlfriend and prayers for a more femme life..

Stephanie

I have five wigs,one short and four longer in various lenghts.After all,a lady ,even a part time lady such as I ,must have choices.hahahahaha.

I currently have 5 wigs, one of them is short.two of them are no name brands bought at a costume shop. My 2 newest and now my favorites are by Mane Attraction, Glamour, in the color ‘pecan’.  The other one is by Risque, Reaction, in ‘dirty blonde’.  They were bought at The BreastForm Store.

hugs,

Lauren M

I presently have 2 wigs, both from Paula Young. One is synth hair, one is real human hair (which I MUCH prefer). The wigs are an interim option, as I am working on growing my own hair out (getting pretty shaggy, but have a ways to go yet).

I went to Glow Wigs here in Tucson, and it didn’t work for me. Let me say that Marci and daughter do a wonderful job for cis ladies who have had hair loss.

I tried on many wigs and none of them really worked for me. I have great hair (thanks Mom) and I think I’m going to let it grow out.

Diane

not enough,lol

At this time I have 4 wigs . The first 3 were cheaper ones but my last wig I treated myself to a better quality human hair wig.

If I include my collection of cheap costume wigs, it is at least a dozen.   I have about 8-9 good quality wigs, all black in colour, and shoulder length.

Brands range from Noriko, Tressalure, Estetica, Mane Attraction, and Henry Margu.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have 4 that I purchased and another 6 that a friend gave to me.  My hair is long enough that I don’t need a wig for shorter styles.  For longer styles I still need a wig.

Anonymous

I have one wig.  I’ve been thinking of buying more, but am also growing my hair out.  I’d like to see what I, or a hair stylist, could do with my natural hair.

Hi Kerri i have a even dozen right now as too many for one girl   Well not really ha ha   most of mine are Paula young as no wig stores around me here .. A couple shorter length mostly longer and a few different colors to make a girl feel he he sexy  ..

Stephanie

I just have 1 it’s long and wavy.  I got it at Cocos in Austin TX. The store was very helpful and are very gender inclusive and I was able to try on wigs and have someone help me to narrow it down.

I want/need a few more to experiment and live this life

Sadly in drab mode my hair seems to be on vacation and slacking while on the job ie slowly going bald so no chance to grow it long

Susan

I have zero, well one, a synthetic and not very good.  I was thinking about a human hair next.  It seems bangs on cheap wings are the problem. Any advice for my next one?  Thx

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I have one long wavy long dirty blonde wig.

Sure wish I could still grow out my hair again. Just don’t have enough anymore.

Of all the problems I could have I guess that is not so bad!

Lara

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’ve had about five wigs, my first, a dark brown shoulder length which I still have though it isn’t very good any more and really needs to be tossed but I’m hang on to it for sentimental reasons.

Then I got a shortish lace front one in a similar brown that I wore quite a bit, which I still have. Next I got a cheap blonde one, which didn’t suit me at all, it was too bright a blonde colour, but fortunately I was able to gift it to another trans girl who lacked the means to indulge herself.

Then I got a long blonde one, but a dirtier blonde which seemed to suit me. It was also a fairly cheap one, but of surprisingly good quality which I wore out quite a lot, so I bought a new quality lace front one in a similar colour.

I also have a medium quaity auburn one, which is a colour I rather like. That might be my next “colour phase” after I get tired of being a blonde though for now I’m still solidly a blonde!

Amy

I have three, all of them Paula Young.  My problem is I unfortunately have a big head and need a large size wig.  Paula Young has some, but so many of the styles I would like don’t come in large.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a source for large size wigs?  If I could find them I would probably buy many more.

Fiona Black
        Baroness - Annual

I too have a large head & wound up buying a Luminous_Plus HF wig by Toni Brattin at bestwigoutlet.com. They have a bunch of other large cap size styles/brands as well.

I had two but the longer one got hopelessly tangled and I had to toss it. Both were inexpensive Amazon wigs.

I would love to grow my hair out to just beyond shoulder length as I was blessed with incredibly thick hair. My oldest daughter got my hair and she has it grown out to just above her waist. It’s a beast to brush out but wow it’s amazing when it it is!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have around a dozen wigs. I wanted special looks and different wigs give me that. Some wigs just look so much better then others. Those are the ones I will wear out. Then ones I donnt think I look as good in, I will wear at home. Maybe wear them out once in a while in a casual look.

I have over a dozen wigs. All different legs, styles, curls, straight. Colors from red to auburn to brown with highlights, and a couple blonde. The blonde is short but i’m shopping for a longer one. Hot in the summer where i am so i prefer page and bobs shorter in summer. You have to try several until you get a better idea of what works best.

I have a question for you girls, I read somewhere recently on on our site, by somebody, could be Scarlett, that they wash their wig in the shower. Do they mean just holding it in your hands and wash it with shampoo, or on their head and wash it like their own hair???

Thanks ladies, hugs,

Lauren M

i wash mine both of those ways. More fun and easier with it on I think.

Wonderful! I will definitely be washing it by wearing it in the shower! Solves that issue quite nicely!

Hugs,

Lauren M

Anonymous

I own three wigs, all of them are Paula Young wigs and I really like them! Three different styles and colors allow me to change my look as often as I change my outfit! Of course I’d like to get some other newer ones, with a few more different colors (blonde, anyone?), so who knows what the future will bring???

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous

Kerri,

Three wigs for me as well, all are Paula Young. One long and curly, one mid-length and wavy, and one short. All of them are in the light brunette color with some highlights. I would love to be able to grow my own hair long but those days are long past. When I have time to dress it seems that one wig is good for chores and maybe another is a little better to dress for dinner. Interchangeable with the outfit that I will wear gives me variety to find the look for the day to match my mood. Thanks,Kerri.

Renea ❤️

I used to have my hair long; now I wear wig.

I switched to a wig for a change of look and also due to the slow arrival of my inherited male-pattern baldness.

I have a few wigs, but generally settle into one or two. It is one of those areas that I am seeking to improve as soon as possible. I still use the synthetic hair wigs and I wanna move up into the human hair wigs pretty soon, but can’t due to not having a space to properly store and care for them.

Davina
      Lady

I do not have any wigs but have thought about getting one or two. I have let my hair grow out, not quite shoulder length yet.

I still enjoy going to the beauty salon and having my hair roller set and permed into different styles.

I have two wigs at the moment but definitely have a favorite.

Janice

Wow big day for stephanie.  First my wife gave me my first new pair of non post type earrings.  As we were having coffee,  (I am in skirt blouse matching bra and pantie set)  She looks over and say I like your earrings but you need a wig.  So she just ordered one from Paula and Young.  I let her decide the color and style.  A bob style I think but we shall see.  I about fell off my chair, and have butterflies at just the thought.  Now I pretty much have to shave the mustache,  hooray!!  not sure if I can really do it though but always said it would be a strange look, a wig with facial hair

Davina
        Lady

What a wonderful wife.

Steph –

That’s wonderful.  My wife had given me some clothes that she no longer wears and within the last couple weeks has helped me buy some jewelry and a wig.  At her suggestion I bought my first make up yesterday, a lipstick in  a pink color and some eyeliner in a blueberry blush.  Used those for the first time today.  Was kind of nice putting it on, not bad for a first time but defenitely need practice.

XOXO
        Suzanne

I don’t have a single wig as of right now, but I’m hoping to get one some day. There is a local wig shop here in town and I talked with the owner. She was very kind and not at all upset or alarmed when I told her I was a cross dresser. She explained how she or a member of her staff would help me choose a wig that would look good and help to partially hide some of my more masculine features. But they cost a lot of money. Damn. I know I don’t want some cheap (both price and quality) wig(s) but it will take time to purchase a nice wig I can be happy with. Question: how do you store your wigs? I have no room for the mannequin heads in my home. And my hair is way too thin to grow out, unfortunately.

Hugs, Jill

Kerri: What’s your opinion of Pauls Young Wigs?
      Thanks, Suzi

Revel
      Baroness

I own several wigs. I’m a natural brunette so almost all of my wigs are dark hair. Just the way I like it. 🙂

Revel

Mia Mor’e
      Baroness

I have 4 wigs. I wish I could grow my hair out but unfortunately I am balding a little bit on top.

Anonymous

I have one.  It’s a Scarlett model, by Envy, in dark blond.  I purchased it at a wig boutique, in person.  The salesgirl was very helpful, bringing me multiple styles and colors to try on, even giving me a 20% discount when I settled on ‘the one’.

Funny thing is, I came to notice that it resembles my wife’s natural hair color and cut when she has a blow out. 😁

See my photos.

Anonymous

Susie,

The Paula Young wigs are good quality for the price.  I have one that makes me feel like a blonde bimbo when I wear it.  You can’t beat that.

Kerri

Kerri, I’m taking your advice and ordering from them. I have seen that several folks in our group have went with Paula Young wigs.
        Thanks for the help Suzi

I have let my hair grow out to about the middle of my back which I love but I would like to see what I would look like as a blond. Since bleaching my hair isn’t really an option, I have thought about buying a wig. I just don’t know if I would wear it enough to justify the cost.

I also can not grow my own hair out. I would love to. I feel like a lush but I went and counted 45 wigs. Some never worn and some getting worn out.I get sale notices from several different venders including Paula Young and if I see one I like I buy it. I have bought wigs from China and most are long gone. I have a few winners from there that are human hair but most are poorly made and look fake. I was always decieved when the same model with the same wig was on different sites. Trust me. They are not all the same. One advantage I find with wigs is I can do my makeup and try on the wig I have chosen and look terrible. I then try on different styles and colors and magically I look presentable

Anonymous

Suzy,

The Paula Young wigs are good quality and reasonably priced.  You could buy higher quality wigs fora lot more money. I would do that if I was going to be a full time girl, but I’m just an occasional CD.

Kerri

I have 2 wigs.  One, a blond curly short was given to me many years ago.  The   second is new ( https://www.amazon.com/HAIRCUBE-Ombre-Blonde-Straight-Synthetic/dp/B09L5XZH83/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1 ) and I have yet to get used to it.  I need to do something with the bangs – getting a barrette for now, as  I don’t want to cut them.  Also need to keep it back off my face a bit.  Not sure how to do that.  Maybe a barrette on both sides?

I have one, the first I’ve owned.  It is from Wigpop, bought it at a flea market with the help of my wife.  It is new, the booth we bought it at had several and the saleslady was very knowledgeable.  My wife told her she was looking for a wig for her girlfriend.  There were 2 that I liked, one was shoulder length with curls and bangs, the other (which is the one we bought) is a bob style in light auburn.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Anonymous

Before today I had one, but 2 more arrived, also from Paula Young. Wig matching to face shape made a real difference. I have an Oval shaped face. Three different colors.

My first wig arrived this week, we are having fun with it a serious step for stephanie

Wearing my new wig for the first extended time.  Will take a bit to get used to but what a great feminine feel along with some new dangle earrings.

I have a number of wigs, just cheapies from Amazon. Still have a lot to learn about caring for and styling them. I gravitate towards long, straight and blonde, with bangs. Also love bob cuts

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?