Tagged: 

Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Where do you buy your wigs?

Anonymous

I have a couple from Wigs.com and a couple from Paula Young.  Paula’s are better than you would expect for the cost.  The Wig Company has been recommended to me, but I haven’t tried them yet.  They do have a closeout sale running at this time.

I buy all my wigs from eBay

I search for Rene of Paris wigs or Henry Margu, Noriko or Raquel Welch

These are all amazing quality and you can pick them up quite reasonable

Hope this helps! 😀

So far,  2 places (both online) :

The Breastformstore

Gorgeous Hair wigs.

I’ve received excellent service and communication from both places.

Lost track of the number of wigs I have but do remember where I bought from.

First came from eBay and while a decent wig it was not really me.

The next 3 came from Victoria at Over The Rainbow Transformation in Portland, OR.  She sells both new and used (if condition is good). I believe the 3 I bought were used and all nice quality.

Next group of wigs came in a buying spurt of everything fem and were found on craigslist. I got 4 at a total cost of around $75.00 and while most have not been used much, my all-time favorite was in this lot and in the majority of my photos.

Another craigslist lot came shortly after and had 3 or 4 wigs including a very nice human hair piece. I think I paid about $8o.00 total for these.

A few more came over time including buying a storage locker of items from a purging CD.

A quick guess is that I have had between 15 and 18 total.

I believe there are a lot of dynamics that make up the correct look for a person and a wig is a huge part of this. Like clothes on a model the wig might look astounding, however on me/you they might look horrible. This is one of the reasons I bought so many to see how they worked for me. Out of all the wigs I have there might be 4 I wear. Have sold a few and given some away that I would never wear.

My first recommendation if possible is to buy from a brick and mortar store where you can try on.

Beyond this I would not hesitate to buy direct online from any reputable wig store, eBay or Amazon. Make sure to check return policy especially in this time of Covid issues.

Sandy

I have bought wigs from most if not all the places and brands previously mentioned as well as local wig shops.

For close to 20 years, I have been getting my wigs custom made by cooperwigs.com. They are expensive. Depending upon the length of the hair, they usually cost anywhere from $300 to $800. I also usually order European hair which is found on caucasian people. It’s finer in texture than all the other types, and contributes to the exorbitant cost, as not many white women grow their hair super long to be harvested for wigs. The type and size of cap, the density of the hair, and a few other factors also affect the cost of the unit.

Something else you’ll need to consider is that once you have your wig constructed, you need to have it cut and styled which adds another level to the cost.

Again, it expensive! But the look you’re able to achieve is amazing and I think well worth the investment!

It’s a little nerve racking sending that kind of money to China, but I’ve never had any troubles with Cooper Wigs and their communication is excellent.

If you’re interested in ordering from this website and you feel lost or need help, please feel free to contact me.

Anonymous

BettyLou I use the same sites. I like them.

Jennifer

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Janice.   Buying a wig depends a lot on your budget and your reason to present more feminine.  What I mean is this only for yourself behind closed doors or for a photo shoot to present to others or are you going out with others and want to present your feminine best.

I have been called cheep by family for years  , I prefer thinking myself as frugal.  When I got brave enough to by my first wig I bought 3 $10 wigs at target near halloween time.  This was ok at first behind closed doors.  But soon Sandy was not happy with them so I went to Paula Young and for about $70 got a nice wig I like a lot.  Seeing money is still very tight is the only way I can keep Sandy from ordering a couple more.  I am looking to try to get hair styled and a makeover first if I can work up the nerve once the lockdowns ease a little more.

Good luck, Sandy

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve bought a few online from retailers I can’t remember.  All were good experiences.  Last year I found a local wig shop that works with the trans community.  It’s called Wigs By Vee in Escondido CA.  Vee has an eye for what looks good, and steered me to a couple that became favorites.  Her prices are competitive with any online retailer, and include styling.  For my money, it’s a better value.  I’ll be going back.

Emily

Anonymous

I have bought from:

The Breatformstore   www.thebreastformstore.com

Janet’s Closet  http://www.janetscloset.com

and http://www.wigs.com.

I got my last wig from wigs.com and it fits me the best and does the best job of making my hair look natural.  Everyone is different and every wig is different, but I have received exceptional service and products from all three.  Good luck!  I hope you find one you love!!

Jen

Mona
      Duchess

I love my wig from Paula Young…easy online shopping and great quality for the price.

In Australia I purchase from Play With Hair, they are online and also on eBay, I have tried some of the cheaper alternatives but they are not good quality and never seem to look quite right.  Wigs are one of the most important things a girl needs as hair is truly one of the main femme highlights

Hi,

I buy my wigs from various  companies online.

Best Wig

Vogue wigs

Wilshire wigs

Empress Bianca  beautiful show girl wigs

I wait until they have sales.  Vogue had a year end sale 70% off.  I bought 5 !

I have never been disappointed by these companies.  They are all in the USA.  Right now I own 32 wigs all styles and all shades.

Skylar

Once upon a time, when it was still open, I bought my wigs from Gabor wigs in Amarillo.  They were a bit expensive, but worth every penny.  Now I use mostly Paula Young ( maybe it’s in favor of her first name? lol), and I have two from Glamour Boutique.

PaulaF

I usually buy my Human Hair Wigs online from Indique Hair because they last a lot longer in my opinion.

so true a cheap wig is such a flag so go the extra mile and get fitted and styled in a wig salon

Forever Young.

Inexpensive and really lovely.

You can find them on Amazon and eBay for less than £20.

Love Laura

Scarlett398
      Princess

Janice, all my wigs come from Paula Young wigs and they are all now the same model. It’s called a “Shannon” wig. It’s a chin length bob cut that looks like my natural hair. I keep it in two colors – auburn with dark roots and blonde with dark roots.

I always pay one of two prices for the Shannon wigs. It’s either $59 or $69. The wigs are very inexpensive and the quality is fabulous. Just check out the photos I post!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Anonymous

The Wig Company & Paula Young….. Tried ebay… not much luck.

I shop local. I use FiFi’s wig shop in the french quarter.

-SR-

I have my wigs custom made just for me. My wig maker is Cooper Wigs (cooper wigs.com) from China. It can be a little unnerving sending your hard earned cash off to a stranger in another country, but I use Paypal for added security and their communication is excellent. So far, I have had four wigs made by them and they have all be spectacular!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?