Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

hi everyone i am shopping for a proper wig not one of those cheap ebay ones what are good brands to look out for

Anonymous

Hello Cara

I am fortunate to have my own hair. Its long and blonde. But when I want a totally different hair style. Maybe longer, maybe shorter, different color. I buy real hair wigs. I am very happy with my own hair. But I will not shorten it shorter than it is now and I won’t dye it anymore. Real hair wigs move perfectly since they are real hair. The chemicals used in hair dye is bad for your body. If you do use hair dye. You should drink 2 glasses of water to flush the chemicals out of your system. Some of these same chemicals are in nail polish too. Its the vehicle. It helps the polish move or glide when you put it on. It disappears leaving behind the polish itself. I switched to Zoya polish. They do not use any of these chemicals.

Hope this helps.

Take care Luv

Natasha

Sepia brand is cheap and do great!

-SR-

Hi Cara nice to meet you and i have purchased a couple from Paula young ordered on line and from catalog been pretty nice and you can go from cheaper to more expensive as never going out they are cute and fun to change you self image with not spending too much money as for going out into the world as a pretty lady you have to play with styles and brands wish i was more help but good luck .

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

I have two so far… the first from ebay. It was not exactly what I thought it would be, but it was okay. The second is from The Wig Company. I like that one much better, the color was a bit different than I expected, but I like it and will order another from them. This time a lace front wig!

Anonymous

Hi Cara,

It is good advice to go somewhere and try them on. Except everyone seems closed due to Covid. I have ordered a couple wigs online and I am happy with them. My favorite is from BestWigOulet.com and the brand is Sepia.

[quote quote=381973]Sepia brand is cheap and do great! -SR-[/quote]

Kay

I found a lovely wig shop local to me i had a consultation with the lovely lady running it tried some different styles and lengths  i have picked a john renau zara one 100% better than the ones on ebay

Anonymous

Hi Cara,

Before I started using my real hair, I bought wigs from Wigs.com and Paula Young.  Both have decent wigs at moderate cost.  But please note two things:  the artificial hair is hot to wear, and you probably need to order a Large size, because men have bigger heads than GGs.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

I have gone the cheap route, but have had better luck spending a bit more. Different brands tend to have a bit different style.  My personal preferences are Raquel Welch and Jon Reneau.  Wigs.com is a great company, and will frequently have 30% off promotions.  One of their offshoots is WigOutlet.com.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I looked at Godiva Secret Wigs, I’m no expert but they had a lot of video to help in the selection and upkeep. I’m very happy with the one that  i bought.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Cara, While I have very long hair now, I did buy a couple of good quality wigs many years ago (when I had short hair).  My only suggestion is to go to a shop where you can try on wigs. I got great customer service in a CD shop in Denver where I bought my last wig (I live in northern Canada and was in Denver for a business trip).  I tried on at least 30 wigs until I found the right one and you’ll know when you see it on.  Good luck with your shopping, it will be fun.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Hello,

I suggest taking a look at  The Breast Form Store.

They have good quality wigs at a reasonable price.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?