- September 5, 2020 at 9:39 am #381140Cara MasonParticipantRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 26Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 222 times
- October 3, 2020 at 6:39 pm #390118Caroline RossRegistered On: October 3, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 30 timesBeen thanked: 136 times
- September 14, 2020 at 8:17 am #383695KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 5Replies: 298Has thanked: 408 timesBeen thanked: 1136 times
Hi Cara, While I have very long hair now, I did buy a couple of good quality wigs many years ago (when I had short hair). My only suggestion is to go to a shop where you can try on wigs. I got great customer service in a CD shop in Denver where I bought my last wig (I live in northern Canada and was in Denver for a business trip). I tried on at least 30 wigs until I found the right one and you’ll know when you see it on. Good luck with your shopping, it will be fun. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.
- September 14, 2020 at 6:02 am #383662Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 60Has thanked: 797 timesBeen thanked: 238 times
- September 11, 2020 at 8:25 am #382806SherriBaronessRegistered On: July 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 29Has thanked: 19 timesBeen thanked: 97 times
I have gone the cheap route, but have had better luck spending a bit more. Different brands tend to have a bit different style. My personal preferences are Raquel Welch and Jon Reneau. Wigs.com is a great company, and will frequently have 30% off promotions. One of their offshoots is WigOutlet.com.
- September 9, 2020 at 3:35 pm #382386Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1681Has thanked: 2973 timesBeen thanked: 5599 times
Before I started using my real hair, I bought wigs from Wigs.com and Paula Young. Both have decent wigs at moderate cost. But please note two things: the artificial hair is hot to wear, and you probably need to order a Large size, because men have bigger heads than GGs.
- September 9, 2020 at 12:41 am #382160Cara MasonLadyRegistered On: March 24, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 26Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 222 times
I found a lovely wig shop local to me i had a consultation with the lovely lady running it tried some different styles and lengths i have picked a john renau zara one 100% better than the ones on ebay
- September 8, 2020 at 2:30 pm #382005AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 19Replies: 701Has thanked: 8063 timesBeen thanked: 3821 times
It is good advice to go somewhere and try them on. Except everyone seems closed due to Covid. I have ordered a couple wigs online and I am happy with them. My favorite is from BestWigOulet.com and the brand is Sepia.
Sepia brand is cheap and do great! -SR-
- September 8, 2020 at 1:59 pm #381988Mary Ann SummersLadyRegistered On: April 29, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 109Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 782 times
I have two so far… the first from ebay. It was not exactly what I thought it would be, but it was okay. The second is from The Wig Company. I like that one much better, the color was a bit different than I expected, but I like it and will order another from them. This time a lace front wig!
- September 8, 2020 at 1:22 pm #381982Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 1052Has thanked: 9841 timesBeen thanked: 3378 times
Hi Cara nice to meet you and i have purchased a couple from Paula young ordered on line and from catalog been pretty nice and you can go from cheaper to more expensive as never going out they are cute and fun to change you self image with not spending too much money as for going out into the world as a pretty lady you have to play with styles and brands wish i was more help but good luck .
- September 8, 2020 at 12:34 pm #381973
- September 6, 2020 at 9:23 am #381397stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 117Replies: 1325Has thanked: 1941 timesBeen thanked: 5698 times
Do you know where some of the hair comes from for real hair wigs? I’m not trying to put you off but… well, I did a little research – and it’s not from the local hairdresser – and it sure put me off.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by stephanie plumb.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- September 6, 2020 at 7:52 am #381371AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 1Replies: 182Has thanked: 1493 timesBeen thanked: 642 times
I am fortunate to have my own hair. Its long and blonde. But when I want a totally different hair style. Maybe longer, maybe shorter, different color. I buy real hair wigs. I am very happy with my own hair. But I will not shorten it shorter than it is now and I won’t dye it anymore. Real hair wigs move perfectly since they are real hair. The chemicals used in hair dye is bad for your body. If you do use hair dye. You should drink 2 glasses of water to flush the chemicals out of your system. Some of these same chemicals are in nail polish too. Its the vehicle. It helps the polish move or glide when you put it on. It disappears leaving behind the polish itself. I switched to Zoya polish. They do not use any of these chemicals.
Hope this helps.
Take care Luv
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.