• Creator
    Topic
    Cara Mason
    Participant
    Registered On: March 24, 2020
    Topics: 30
    Replies: 26

hi everyone i am shopping for a proper wig not one of those cheap ebay ones what are good brands to look out for

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Caroline Ross
      Registered On: October 3, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 22

Hello,

I suggest taking a look at  The Breast Form Store.

They have good quality wigs at a reasonable price.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Krista
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 24, 2017
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 298

Hi Cara, While I have very long hair now, I did buy a couple of good quality wigs many years ago (when I had short hair).  My only suggestion is to go to a shop where you can try on wigs. I got great customer service in a CD shop in Denver where I bought my last wig (I live in northern Canada and was in Denver for a business trip).  I tried on at least 30 wigs until I found the right one and you’ll know when you see it on.  Good luck with your shopping, it will be fun.  Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Roberta Broussard
      Baroness
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 60

I looked at Godiva Secret Wigs, I’m no expert but they had a lot of video to help in the selection and upkeep. I’m very happy with the one that  i bought.

Sherri
      Baroness
      Registered On: July 27, 2019
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 29

I have gone the cheap route, but have had better luck spending a bit more. Different brands tend to have a bit different style.  My personal preferences are Raquel Welch and Jon Reneau.  Wigs.com is a great company, and will frequently have 30% off promotions.  One of their offshoots is WigOutlet.com.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1681

Hi Cara,

Before I started using my real hair, I bought wigs from Wigs.com and Paula Young.  Both have decent wigs at moderate cost.  But please note two things:  the artificial hair is hot to wear, and you probably need to order a Large size, because men have bigger heads than GGs.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Cara Mason
      Lady
      Registered On: March 24, 2020
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 26

I found a lovely wig shop local to me i had a consultation with the lovely lady running it tried some different styles and lengths  i have picked a john renau zara one 100% better than the ones on ebay

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 19
      Replies: 701

Hi Cara,

It is good advice to go somewhere and try them on. Except everyone seems closed due to Covid. I have ordered a couple wigs online and I am happy with them. My favorite is from BestWigOulet.com and the brand is Sepia.

Sepia brand is cheap and do great! -SR-

Kay

Mary Ann Summers
      Lady
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 109

I have two so far… the first from ebay. It was not exactly what I thought it would be, but it was okay. The second is from The Wig Company. I like that one much better, the color was a bit different than I expected, but I like it and will order another from them. This time a lace front wig!

Stephanie Bass
      Princess - Annual
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1052

Hi Cara nice to meet you and i have purchased a couple from Paula young ordered on line and from catalog been pretty nice and you can go from cheaper to more expensive as never going out they are cute and fun to change you self image with not spending too much money as for going out into the world as a pretty lady you have to play with styles and brands wish i was more help but good luck .

Stephanie Bass

Samantha Roarke
      Ambassador
      Registered On: April 17, 2019
      Topics: 42
      Replies: 1240

Sepia brand is cheap and do great!

-SR-

7 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 117
      Replies: 1325

Do you know where some of the hair comes from for real hair wigs?    I’m not trying to put you off but…  well, I did a little research – and it’s not from the local hairdresser – and it sure put me off.

Stephanie P

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 182

Hello Cara

I am fortunate to have my own hair. Its long and blonde. But when I want a totally different hair style. Maybe longer, maybe shorter, different color. I buy real hair wigs. I am very happy with my own hair. But I will not shorten it shorter than it is now and I won’t dye it anymore. Real hair wigs move perfectly since they are real hair. The chemicals used in hair dye is bad for your body. If you do use hair dye. You should drink 2 glasses of water to flush the chemicals out of your system. Some of these same chemicals are in nail polish too. Its the vehicle. It helps the polish move or glide when you put it on. It disappears leaving behind the polish itself. I switched to Zoya polish. They do not use any of these chemicals.

Hope this helps.

Take care Luv

Natasha

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.