• Creator
    Topic
    Renee
    Participant
    Registered On: November 15, 2019
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

Hello loves,

My question is how much of a change to your appearance did your wig make in your own honest opinion and how did it make you feel?

How do you care for your wig, do you brush it out often or curl it yourself or ETC???

TIA for everything

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Mika Malone
      Participant
      Registered On: November 11, 2020
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 35

I haven’t purchased my wig yet. I’m just now taking crossdressing to the max after 10 years of underdressing. However, I already know that my wig choice will be a game changer for me. I’m 47 and my hair is white and thinning. Even my beard is white. My eyebrows are still black though! As much as I would looooove to be a blonde (maybe I still could occasionally with the right wig) a black wig would go perfect with my eyebrows. I am excited to get a wig, or two, and be rejuvenated.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Robyn Devine
      Participant
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 277

Renee

I just got mine over a week ago and when I put it on for the first time after doing my makeup

😲💥💥 BOOM!!  Game Changer!!  Your wig ties it all together.

I was blown away and stunned at who I was looking at…which was a beautiful woman!!

It’s easy to see why some girls have several.  You can change your look at the snap of your fingers.

xo -Robyn ❤️💃

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Lee Ann Rakers
      Participant
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 458

I would LOVE to have shoulder length gray hair.

Lee Ann

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 671

Wigs are not the head covering of choice here in the desert. We have days in the 118F to 122F range, so I wear hats instead. I have 2 wigs and I may wear them once or twice a year…

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Bre Martin
      Participant
      Registered On: November 1, 2020
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 35

Night and day,15 wigs mostly long and medium length cut with a couple pixie cut wigs.I wear the pixie cut wigs once in a while

Regine Rich
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 182

Makes all the difference in the world. My head is shaved bald, as I didnt have much left there to begin with, so I go from a bald man in a dress, to a farly decent looking lady:-)
      Regine

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Rachel McFadden
      Participant
      Registered On: November 13, 2020
      Replies: 11

A wig is an essential part of my dress that makes the world of difference. Although the clothes and make-up might be the same with or without the hair, the overall appearance would definitely be of a ‘man in a dress’. There’s no way I could feel right in myself being like that and absolutely no way I could function as a woman in the outside world.

With the hair however, I feel utterly transformed, both visually and mentally. I won’t be vain enough to say that a well-chosen wig and outfit makes me beautiful/sexy but it can certainly make me feel that way and once I have that confidence in myself everything else seems to work out right.

Rachel x

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 96
      Replies: 888

Magic Mirror on the wall – who is the most beautiful of them all.

No wig – Miserable old Shrek in a dress.

Wig – OMG!   I’m (almost) slightly beautiful – and 15 years younger!  And a smile has appeared. Really.

But you do have to have the right colour/style.  And this takes trial and error unless you get to a store.

The wig colour that suits me most is Ash blonde – my natural colour before the snow set in – now I am “moonlight blonde.”  Strangely – orangey/copper also works.

The style that suits me is a medium bob face framing wig  35cm – 45cm,  with a fringe (bangs). The shorter styles don’t lengthen my face. The fringe hides my forehead – so less face is visible.  A big no-no is a long straight wig with a central parting –  it seems to gives me a sort of  round moon shaped face.

Mood seems to affect wig preference too. Sometimes my favourite (35cm Ash blonde) doesn’t look quite right so I opt for a 45cm blonde wig with darker roots. I have quite a short one too (profile pic) which I love sometimes and hate other times.

I have lately started to prefer blonde wigs with darker roots – they look more natural than a monotone one.

Stephanie P

Grace Scarlett
        Participant
        Registered On: July 26, 2020
        Topics: 20
        Replies: 567

Hello Renee

I have 13 wigs, virtually all diff colours, and I love them all…

Change of hair colour, lipstick, eyeshadow……new girl!!….keeps it fresh….

I obviously do not have them all out on stands, but I carefully wrap them and bag them and when I take them out….a quick shake…and yay!!

I buy from three or four suppliers, and even with these, you can get colour and style variations….my current blonde highlights shoulder length is so lush, I ordered another, which was so different, I sent it straight back….the replacement was worse…so there are differences…I await the fourth with trepidation, but it could well be the best yet!!

Yours, hopefully, grace x

3 users thanked author for this post.
          stephanie plumb
          Participant
          Registered On: November 17, 2018
          Topics: 96
          Replies: 888

I do try to look after my wigs…really I do.

But one or two favourites are getting a bit ratty now and I have to chase them, squealing, round the garage! No not me!  And its more like a fight than a shake, before they behave themselves. Time to bring in the exterminator.

I have had the same experience of variable quality too, so thank goodness Amazon has a great returns policy.  I think I need some replacements ….

Steph 🐭

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Wendy Swift
      Participant
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 261

Difference for me is like night and day.

Old age has crept up on me so I cannot grow out my hair naturally.  So the wigs I’ve bought make an enormous difference.

I made sure I researched each wig I bought on line (yes I know that visiting a wig shop in person would give you the best results); so far all the ones I’ve bought I have been happy with, from colour, style, fit and finish.  I stopped buying cheap costume wigs and ponied up for more realistic/passable wigs.  I wasn’t gonna splurge the farm, but a fair reasonable amount with budget in mind.

I don’t wear mind daily, maybe at most 3 times a week.  So I wash mine every so often.  I bought special wig shampoo/conditioner, as it is supposed to be much gentler for synthetic fibres.

Most of mine are shoulder length, so I just shake it out before wearing it and it is good to go.  I sometimes use a wig comb to straighten it out.

Mine are all synthetic, so no heating elements.

IsabelB
      Participant
      Registered On: March 18, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 165

Well, considering I am somewhat devoid of hair, my wigs make a massive difference!  I have a number of them in different colours, lengths and styles. I wash and condition them on a regular basis, based on how much I wear them – so some get washed more frequently than others.  I use shampoo and conditioner specifically for synthetic wigs (I don’t have any real hair wigs at the moment).

I shake the wigs out before wearing and will adjust/tidy the style once on.  I do sometimes use a spray to hold in place, although the heat your hands will often do the job for gentle hold.  I do brush through as they usually look much better that way – particularly longer wigs.  As ever though, always use a wig comb – a normal brush/comb can be a bit too aggressive and pull fibres out unless you’re very careful.

Isabel x

Kelli Marlowe
      Participant
      Registered On: August 4, 2020
      Replies: 18

To me, it makes all the difference in the world. Still have plenty of my own hair, but don’t want to grow it to the length I prefer(shoulder length) or dye it to the shade I prefer(dark blonde)

as far as care, my best discovery has been Batiste original dry shampoo, and a good wig brush & comb

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Participant
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 604

Actually they make a huge difference. My own hair is long blonde and straight with bangs.  I’ll wear a wig when I want a different color, style,length,or  all three at once.  I prefer not to use things like hot rollers or even a hot hairdryer on my natural hair so a wig gives me a new style and look without the fuss.

5 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.